Weekend Magazine Review

Guest Guevara01

Review by Jaci Stephen in Weekend Magazine - sorry if this has already been posted

Home and Away

I think I must have missed an episode: when did they switch Hayley? Could they not have found an actress who looked remotely like the old one? Not since they switched Miss Ellie in Dallas in the 1980s have I been so distressed, and I can't believe Kim would not have screamed in shock when he saw his girlfriend's replacement.

It hasn't put him off, though, and on Monday he makes a shock proposal (sadly, not 'I propose we get the old Hayley back'). He hides the engagement ring in an ice-cream bowl, but, unbeknown to him, she swaps them... with hilarious results! Not. On Tuesday Scott comes over to congratulate the couple, and it is clear that Scott and Hayley still have feelings for each other.

I told you it wouldn't be long before Leah hit the depths of despair again, after a few moths of wedded bliss with Dan, and , sure enough, on Thursday she is devastated to learn that she may never be able to have children. (That's a blessing for us, trust me.) The swab that Flynn left inside her has resulted in blocked fallopian tubes, and she gives Dan the chance to opt out of the marriage. He reckons Leah is all he needs, which just makes me think he should get out more.

Neighbours

Alex seems to keep an awful lot of things from Susan. And on Monday he drops another bombshell when he reveals that he has another daughter - Katya, who went off the rails and became estranged from the family, following the death of her mother. On Tuesday, she also has to contend with Karl telling her that he cannot maintain their friendship if he is to move on with his life. Just go to the pub by yourself, Susan. It's a lot less hassle.

I have loved Jaci's reviews ever since she wailed for several lines when Jesse left Home and Away! Hope you enjoy.

xxx

I plan to post these reviews each week, a lot of typing!

I think I must have missed an episode: when did they switch Hayley? Could they not have found an actress who looked remotely like the old one?

I remember going over this when it happened in Australia :lol: Wouldn't you rather have someone who could act and didn't look like her..?

Week Beginning 27th Feb - UK, Jaci Stephen Review

Home and Away

Why on earth would Amanda want to live with Tasha and Robbie? She'll need earplugs if he so much as asks her if she wants a slice of toast in the morning. On Wednesday she has bigger worries on her mind and seeks out her old acquaintance, Darryl, to get some cash. When she emerges from the motel room the next morning, adjusting her clothes, she is unaware that Kit is there taking a photo of her on her mobile phone. On Friday, Kim is excited to discover that he and Hayley could have a country house wedding in three weeks. I'm sorry, but no, Ginger hair, scruffy, rotten clothes, a totally different personality - I want the old Hayley back.

Neighbours

How will Karl be able to keep the smirk off his face when, on Monday, he agrees to go to Alex's stag do, only to find that his love rival's illness has returned? On Friday Karl confirms that Alex has little time left and encourages him to reveal all to his children, even though Christmas and the wedding are looming. Susan puts on a brave face and vows devotion and support.

Why the hell would Karl go to Alex's stag do?? :blink: Anyway, i'll post them again next week.

xxx

Second week in a row they've featred a H&A picture over other soaps, just the Amanda/Kit one that's already been posted. Getting popular!

Archived