Chloe's Death

Guest Eddie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The superlatives have all been used up regarding this epsiode. It also highlighted the very wide gap in acting ability beween the excellent senior cast members and theless able hot new youngsters, I hope they were taking notes and that they learnt something, for it was an object lesson in great soap acting. Ray, Lynne, Cornelia, and Ivar were all superb. Lynne's scream of anguish was profoundly moving, as was her performance on the beach. Ray's distress was palpable. I found this whole episode to be totally compelling and intensely moving.

It was one of the episode's where you just can't stop watching it, you're literally glued to the tv. Although I love Home and Away, there hadn't been one like that for a while! Last was the stalker being revealed, in my opinion.. so I guess not that long ago, but long enough!

It was a very good episode, brilliantly filmed - the fog on the road and everything as they were pulling Martha from the wreckage was great.. Ric was terrific, as was Alf..

I think knowing that Chloe was the one who died lessened my enjoyment of it to some degree though... imagine how shocking the conclusion of the ep would have been if it came completely out of the blue that it was Chloe!

And yeah, it would have been nice to see a final scene with Chloe after her years on the show..

Although it was a very good episode, I had expected it to be better. I had heard that it was (by many people's standards) the best episaode of the year and a fantastic watch. However, for me, it just seemed like yet another overrated rescue mission.

I did like Alf however, the glue who just about held the mess together.

I thought it was a fantastic watch. I'd feared that it had just been overrated because, like you said, soo many people had posted just how brilliant it had been. It wasn't a letdown for me though. I would even go as far as saying it was better than I had expected. The acting from everyone was just so good, it made the episode fantastic.

I thought it was a very good episode, with the flashbacks, with Alf,Ric having to make a hard but no choice decsion to get Marth out to save her life, very emotional esp- when Irene cried out and Alf look of shock also when they where in her room just standing there in in silence of shock and disbelive, the beech scene was great asweel. Ray and Lynn portraid this superbally.

People can be up and talking, then suddendly get very ill fast and die esp- with blood clots.

Chloe dying as someone already said had a greater inpact because we liked the chachter, by doing this the reprocussions go further, Jesse's departure, Custody battle hence the return of the superbitch Diana.

So then......Jesse finally remembers that he was the one behind the wheel of the car that caused Chloe's car to crash into the tree. I'll bet he's terrified now. How the hell could he have been so drunk that he couldn't remember....but he could still manage to drive the car???????

It will be good to see what Jesse is planning to do now though..seeing as he's aware of the fact that he was the killer driver as it were.

So then......Jesse finally remembers that he was the one behind the wheel of the car that caused Chloe's car to crash into the tree. I'll bet he's terrified now. How the hell could he have been so drunk that he couldn't remember....but he could still manage to drive the car???????

It will be good to see what Jesse is planning to do now though..seeing as he's aware of the fact that he was the killer driver as it were.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes when people have traumatic experiences they subconsciously block it out, so I can see how Jesse wouldn't remember. I'm not sure I like the idea of Jesse being the driver though...I never liked it when he went off the rails, but at least it would have made sense if the storyline had happened during that time. But lately he seemed to be getting back on track, sorting things out with Josie and making plans for the future. It doesn't seem to fit somehow.

Archived