Marry Me?

Suzza101

I'm glad at least Brax had the good sense to put Haley in the picture. I'd be angry with Caleb too if I was her. Jake's crew are seriously twisted (and psychopathic). Mob mentality is one thing, where a group attacks another person and kills them in the heat of the moment, but this is cold and calculated, and not one of them is showing even a hint of remorse ....And phoebe is a very silly girl. Looking forward to the next chapter x

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ludub, ~JarlieFanEver~ and Kristen for your comments.

Chapter 49

The storm was only getting worse, trees were falling down and the rain was now stronger and the raindrops were bigger. Braxs concern for his brother grew intensely, what if this weather took him out? What if he freezes to death? Brax didn't want to think about it, looking at his watch he saw 7:59, it was much later than he hoped they would be out looking for Kyle, but they couldn't stop. Caleb and Haley ran up to him they had been walking along the beach looking in the bushes, seeing if he had been tied up somewhere. 

“Nope, look Brax, it's getting worse, lets get the police.” Caleb sighs pushing his wet hair back with his hands. 

Brax looks at him as if he had just made the stupidest comment in the world. 

“And what will they do, take a restraining order out against them when we have no actual proof it was them until we find Kyle, I'm not involving them okay, if they find out that the police are after them they will hunt Kyle down and kill him, even if the police get them before we find Kyle they won't say anything, that means that Kyle will be there until someone accidentally comes upon him. By that point he’ll be dead. Okay I'm not involving the cops.” Brax sighs ranting made him feel better, it made him feel like he was actually doing something to find Kyle. 

“I want to find him too, but if we stay out too much longer we could die, if a tree falls on Ley I would not be able to live with myself.” Caleb sighs. He loved his best mate but he couldn't have his sister get hurt. 

“I'll be fine, we need to find Ky, he'll be freaked out.” Haley cries, she was so scared for her boyfriend. He would be most likely alone and definitely scared. 

“Ley, he probably grew out of it.” Caleb whispers in a comforting way but also a hopeful way, he really hoped that his best mate had grown out of his phobia of lighting and thunder. 

“Grown out of what?” Brax asks wondering why they were so worried about Kyle and the weather.

Caleb looked at him then at Haley and shrugged his shoulders, either there had never been a storm in Summer Bay since Kyle had been here or he grew out of it. 

“Have you had any storms in Summer Bay since Kyle has been here?” Caleb asks. 

“No surprisingly, why?” Brax asks wondering why they were so concerned about the weather.

“Then there might be a problem.” Haley grimaces. 

“What?” Brax asks panicking, what could of happened to his brother. 

“Kyle might still have Astraphobia.” Haley sighs. She was really hoping he didn't because if he still did, she didn't want to think of how scared he would be. 

“Astraphobia?” Brax asks, he didn't know the phobias really well, him, Casey and Heath didn't have any phobias. 

“The fear of thunder and lightning.” Caleb replies, he knew it was an abnormal fear so wasn't surprised that Brax didn't know about it. 

“Isn't that really…..” Brax starts but not wanting to say the word he was thinking. 

“Abnormal, yea.” Haley replies, her concern was growing for her boyfriend as the weather only got worse and worse. 

“And you think he still got it?” Brax asks, his concern only growing for his brother if he still had Astraphobia this could be a whole lot worse than it already is.

“I'm guessing so, he never got help. Bells and Jake had it as well, Kyle felt like Pip and Marcus should of helped them instead.” Caleb shrugs. 

Brax scrunches up his face in confusion. 

“Bella and Jacob our our foster siblings and Pip and Marcus are our foster parents.” Haley explains. 

“Right, so why didn't Kyle say anything?” Brax asks wondering why his brother didn't admit that he had the fear of lightning and thunder. 

“Two reasons. 1) He was afraid of what Ethan would think, Ethan hated Kyle thought he was an absolute loser, Kyle didn't want to give him another reason. Ethan made fun of Kyle all the time, he always made him feel small just like Jake did but he couldn't do anything about it, he was his brother.” Caleb sighs. 

“And because Kyle wanted them to get help first, ask yourself this. Kyle and Casey are in a car crash, but the ambulance can only take one person at a time, Casey was unconscious but Kyle wasn't. Would Kyle ask them to take him or Casey?” Haley asks. 
Brax thinks about it for a moment but he knew the answer, Kyle was an incredibly unselfish person. 

“Casey.” He replies, suddenly it all made sense, Kyle still had that fear because he was too giving, maybe that explains why he was so against giving when they first found him. 

“We need to find him quick.” Brax sighs running his hands through his hair. 

Phoebe was setting up for dinner when she heard a loud rumble. It was still horrible out there as much as she didn't like Kyle she still felt kinda sick. 

“Babe, when are you going to let him out?” Phoebe asks Jake who sits down next to her. 

“When we can be bothered.” Issac laughs, grabbing a slice of pizza, they had to go to a different restaurant to avoid running into people. 

“Yea Phebs who actually cares about the loser, you don't do you.” Carter laughs. 

“Me, pfft of course not but the sooner we get him out the sooner we can chuck him.” Phoebe grins lightly. 

Jake smirks at the thought. 

“Tomorrow, it's still meant to be stormy.” He smiles. If it was still stormy the sea would be rough, very rough. He knew Kyle wouldn't stand a chance swimming in it. 

“So tomorrow's going to be the last day of our bullying. 12 years all up if you count the years Phoebe lied about their relationship. So 12 times…… how many days are there in a year?” Clark asks, he had never listened in class. 

“365.” Phoebe replies after no one else does. 

“Right, so 12 times 365 equals 4380.” Clark laughs adding it up on his calculator. 

“Wow, we made his life horrible for so long.” Jake smirks. 

“I can still remember clearly, the first day we actually bullied him.” Billy smirks. 

Flashback 

12 year old Kyle was putting his maths book in his locker when the locker was slammed shut. Standing there were five huge guys or at least they looked huge to Kyle. Kyle recognized some of them. Jake Lyon the most popular guy in the school and the guy that was forcing him to write his English essay on Macbeth. Carter was in his year so was Issac, Phoebe also sat next to him in some of his classes, but the other two he had no clue, but he knew that they were Jakes crew. 

“Baby Bennett.” Jake sneers, it was only Kyle's second day of year 9 and he knew it was going to go bad soon. 

“Your essays nearly done.” Kyle mumbles, looking down at his shoes, he had been avoiding them like they were the plague. He knew that they would definitely come after the huge nerd who was now suddenly in the year above what he was meant to be in. 

“Good. Now here's how the next few years are going to pan out, we tell you what to do and you listen. We bully you and you tell no one, especially not my mum.” Jake hisses. 

Kyle shuffles his feet but nods slowly. 

“We need to see your eyes.” Issac smirks. Kyle slowly looks up and nods. Too afraid to do anything else. 

“Good so we start after school at the courts, be there.” Jake laughs as he shoves Kyle against his locker and walks away. Sighing Kyle slumped off to his next class, hoping that the school day wouldn't end quickly. 

The day at school had ended and it was far too quick for Kyle. He made his way to the courts and Jake and his crew were already there.

“Baby actually came, he is smart.” Issac laughs, he grabs ahold of Kyle and holds him against a basketball hoop. 

“Okay nerd, we need to tell you things we will be doing to you, our go to will definitely be a wedgie.” Jake laughs, giving Issac a nod, who then gives Kyle a small wedgie. 

“They will be harder than that though, More like this.” Issac laughs pulling the boxers again and looping them over Kyle's head. 

“Ahhh.” Kyle screams. He had gotten wedgies before from Ethan but none that bad. Despite Ethan being older. 

Issac then unhoops the boxers and stuffs them back in Kyle's jeans. 

“Most nerds get those, we try to give every nerd at least 2 wedgies a week, you'll probably get more. 

“We also shove nerds in lockers which you'll experience tomorrow.” Jake chuckles, Issac is standing behind Kyle and holding him tight so he doesn't try and run. 

“Bins as well.” Billy laughs.

“And remember if you nark on us, we’ll make sure that you never do again, do you know Kyan Scott?” Issac grins. 

Kyle nods his head. 

“He doesn't talk though.” Kyle mumbles, now knowing what they mean. 

“We didn't cut off his tongue but we told him we would if he ever talked again. Same for you. Kyan learned his lesson and you better hope you do to.” Jake hisses. 

“Noted.” Kyle sighs. 

“Carrying on, we better make it quick though, we've got hockey practice.” Jake laughs. 

Issac hits Kyle over the head and grins. 

“We will give you wet willys.” Jake laughs as Issac covers his pinkie in saliva and sticks it in Kyle's ear. 

“Noooooo.” Kyle howls. He wriggles and wriggles but he can't seem to get free.

“Swirlies as well, but that's tomorrow, lets go boys.” Jake chuckles. Issac chucks Kyle to the floor and they all walk away laughing. 

Kyle watches them leave and sighs. Why did he have to be so smart? Why did he have to be small? Why did he have to be such a target? 

He stood up and started the walk home. He was already sick of high school and it was only his second day.

End of Flashback 

“Ahhhh first day of so many, now that was a highlight of high school.” Jake laughs. 

“So tomorrow is going to finish it all off.” Issac laughs. 

Kyle has his eyes closed, he is hungry. Staving actually, thirsty, his throat is killing him. He hears another crack and pulls his legs closer to his chest, silently crying into his knees. 

He had to be found before Jake lets him out or he's dead. If Jake gets to him first he has no hope of living. 

He missed work! He missed Parker and Benny! He missed the girls! He missed Caleb! He missed his brothers! But most of all he missed Haley! 

He had to get out. 

Benny had a bunch of rubbish to throw out and he chucked it in the bin. He was so concerned about Kyle, he still hadn't been found and the weather was only getting worse. Kyle was only getting in more and more danger every minute that went by. He turned back to go back to the restaurant, when something caught his eye a black T-shirt. 

Benny knelt down and picked it up he looked at the size. 2XL. It was the exact same T-shirt that he had given to Kyle when his other one got covered in alcohol. Benny stared at the lockers. Kyle wasn't the biggest guy in the world he could probably easily fit in a locker. Benny knocked on one of the lockers. 

“Kyle?” Benny asks, banging harder but he got no reply. He tried the next locker and still no reply, there was only one left. He knocked on it and Kyle's eyes popped open. 

“Mmmhmmm.” Kyle yells through the tape. He tried his hardest but his throat was dry and it was hard to make any sound. 

“Kyle?” Benny asks he had heard something he was sure. 

“Mmmhmm.” He yells again, tears of joy were falling from his eyes, he was found. That's  if Benny could open the locker. 

“It's okay buddy, I'll get a crowbar.” Benny sighs and runs into the surf club and grabs a crowbar. He runs into Parker in the way. Who looks at him questionably. 

“Ky.” Was all Benny could reply with as he rushed off. Parker quickly follows him. 

He sticks one end of the crowbar in the locker and pushes the other, so that the locker swings open. Revealing a scared but relieved looking Kyle. 

“Oh Kyle……” Parker sighs pulling Kyle out of the locker. And getting the shock of his life when Kyle hugs him tightly. 

“Lets get your brothers yea, they want to know where you are.” Benny sighs, running his hand through Kyle's hair. 

“Yea thanks.” Kyle smiles lightly, he knew he was a wreak but he didn't care. He knew deep down he would never be as strong or as tough as Jake and his crew, he was his own person. He was a softy and a family man, he knew that it all had to stop, he had to come completely clean before things got any worse.

Brax picked up his phone.

“Hello.” He answers he didn't really want to talk, he wanted to find his brother. 

“Brax.” Kyle answers, he was so glad to hear Braxs voice, it brought tears to his eyes. 

“Ky.” Brax gasps feeling his chest tighten and tears coming to his own eyes, his brother was safe or at least he hoped he was. 

“You're safe right?” He asks, worried that Jake might have him. 

“Yea yea. I'm at Angelos with Benny and Parker.” Kyle mumbles. 

“I'll be there soon, we all will be.” Brax sighs and hanging up the phone. He quickly calls Caleb.

“Cal, he's safe.” Brax smiles and he heard Caleb’s sigh of relief on the other end. 

“I'll meet you guys at Angelos.” Brax smiles and hangs up the phone, racing off to Angelos to go and see his brother. 

Oh thank goodness! So glad Benny found Kyle! :) What a terrible ordeal! I hope they're going to go to the cops and get Jake and his gang charged with kidnapping (and assault ...and rape?) Poor guy! I just hope having his family and Haley's support will give him the strength he needs to put an end to all of this. It's the only way he'll get to live a full and happy life. Really looking forward to the next chapter! x (p.s. Sorry for the delay in commenting. I didn't get a notification for this chapter :()

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Ludub, ~JarlieFanEver~ and Kristen for your comments.

Chapter 50

Kyle at a table at Angelos with a bag of peas on his eye, to make sure that he minimized the black eye he would have. Benny had got him a pizza and a glass of water which he had not touched. 

“Ky.” Brax calls racing over to his brother and pulling him in a hug. 
Kyle tries to look away but Brax grabs ahold of his head and turns it towards him. 

“Hey, hey, hey look at me, you scared me to death, I was so worried we all were, so please look at me, I'm begging you Ky.” Brax begs. 

Kyle can feel his eyes watering and he looks up at Brax and hugs him. 

“I was so scared.” He croaks, He started sobbing loudly. Kyle was as scared as he always was as a kid, probably more, Brax pulls Kyle's head down so that it is resting on his shoulder. 

“Shhhhhh.” Brax whispers lightly in Kyle's ear trying to stop him crying. Parker and Benny were looking worryingly at Kyle. He wasn't what you would call a big tough guy but he also wasn't seen as the type of guy just to break down and cry the way he did. 
Brax pulls Kyle's head back and wipes away his tears careful not to press too hard on the black eye. He had to stop this before these punks did anything worse. 

“I'm promising you Kyle I will fix this, they are not going to get away with this.” Brax whispers. He was planning on telling the police despite how much they usually avoided them, he knew that Kyle was in a situation that could only be fixed by the police. 

“Kyky!!” Haley yells from the doorway she runs up to Kyle and leaps at him pulling him into a tight hug. 

“LeyLey.” Kyle breaths, he was so glad to have Haley back in his arms, he missed her so much. He was thinking about her the whole time he was in there. He was thinking about everyone. He was so sure that he would never see any of them again. 

“I was so sure I lost you.” Haley cries lightly, they were tears of joy, she was so glad that he was okay well alive at least she wasn't too sure that he was okay. 

“I know.” Kyle croaks, he knew he was close to death, he couldn't thank Benny and Parker enough they had saved his life. 
Haley runs her hands through his hair. 

“Hey Bud.” Caleb smiles lightly at Kyle ruffling his hair in a light and sweet way but not long after his smile stops and he starts to frown. 

“Cal, you look mad.” Kyle mumbles realizing that his best friend had a small frown on his face and thought that he was about to get the biggest lecture of his life. 

Caleb gives a small chuckle, he wasn't mad at Kyle, he had just been extremely worried. 

“I'm not mad I was just worried about you Junior.” Caleb smiles and pulls Kyle into a comforting hug. 

“Has he eaten?” Brax asks Parker and Benny who was standing close, not close enough to freak Kyle out but close enough to show that they were there for him. 

“No he hasn't touched his pizza.” Benny sighs pointing to the untouched pizza placed on the table where Kyle was previously sitting. 

“Ohhh Ky, you need to eat.” Brax sighs, he knows that his brother would be beyond scared but he still had to manage to get something into him or things might go from bad to worse. 

“I just feel like I'll spew if I eat food.” Kyle mutters. He didn't want to eat because he felt like it would come straight back out. 

“Then drink something.” Brax begs needed his brother to get something into him, Kyle could get sick if he didn't he had already not eaten for a while. 

Kyle softly shakes his head, he didn't think he would be able to stomach water either. 

Benny was getting a cloth from the draw to wipe down the bench so that they could be all clean so they could leave soon to give Kyle some time just with family, he really hoped that Kyle would be okay. He didn't deserve this. Suddenly he slammed the door and heard a terrified scream. 

“Noooooo, let me out.” Kyle screams loud wrapping his arms around his head. Brax and Caleb scared a concerned look. 

“Mate….” Brax starts reaching out for Kyle's shoulder. Kyle's sudden outburst shocked him. 

“No! Please not again.” Kyle whimpers, Brax looked at Haley and gave her a nod, he hoped that his brothers girlfriend would be able to calm him down. 

“Hey Kyky, shhhhhh.” Haley whispers, running her hand down his face in an affectionate way. 

Kyle puts his hands up to his head and shakes it slowly, he was freaking out. 

“Kyky, we are all here, we can protect you. You are not going back in that locker, or any locker ever again. I won't let them, no one will.” Haley whispers. 

Kyle looks up at her, his eyes filled with tears. He took a deep breath and spoke with a shaky voice. “I thought for sure I was dead.”he croaked. 

“Hey mate… you look at me. You are strong and that is why you made it. You made it because you are strong and brave and 100,000 times better than those guys alright.” Brax smiles lightly holding Kyle's head. 

“But Brax, I'm nothing compared to them.” Kyle cries lightly. 

Heath had just got a call from Caleb saying that they had found Kyle but they might be a while cause he wasn't in a good place. 

“They found him, he was in a locker by the surf club….. I SWEAR I’M GOING TO KILL THEM!” He starts out calm then explodes with anger he hated that his little brother was being treated like this, these guys were just sick, they were all sickos. Sickos who should all be locked away, locked away for a long time, hopefully for the rest of their lives. 

“Heath you killing them and ending up in jail is not going to help Kyle.” Casey points out to his older brother. 

“I don't mean literally you knucklehead.” Heath grunts Casey's annoying pointing out of what he said only made this so much worse.

Casey rolls his eyes, He was just pointing out the fact that they had to take this seriously.

“They put him in a locker, who does that.” Heath hisses running his hands through his hair and just begging to himself that Kyle was going to be okay. 

“You locked him in the cupboard once.” Casey points out. 

“Heath!” Bianca yells she hadn't heard about that, why had Heath done that? Was it when they all hated Kyle? How long was he in there for? Was Kyle okay? All these questions were whizzing through Bianca's head. 

“What he beat me at Xbox, I had to show him who was boss, it was meant to be funny. He laughed.” Heath shrugs. 

Flashback 

22 year old Kyle was playing Heath in Xbox or to be more exact beating Heath in xbox. 

“Ha!” He laughed at Heath. Phoebe was at a gig and everyone else was in bed. 

“Honestly, how have you won 8 times in a row.” Heath groans slamming down the controller. He was so annoyed that his little brother was beating him in his game, no one ever beat him. 

“Cause you suck.” Kyle points out laughing only to receive a hard punch. 

“Ow!” Kyle protests rubbing his arm which had just been hit. 

“I don't suck.” Heath grunts pinning Kyle against the couch. 

“Yea you kinda do…… oooookay you don't suckkkkk.” Kyle blurts as Heath shakes him. 

“I'm tired, and since I don't want to wake my beautiful wife I'm going to sleep on the couch. So I need blankets.” Heath smiles pulling Kyle up.

“Cool, go get them then.” Kyle smirks, He knew he could wind Heath up by acting stupid. 

“Ha! Funny, get them.” Heath hisses. Slapping Kyle lightly on the face. 

Kyle slumps off the the blanket cupboard to get some for Heath. But when he opens it up he is shoved in and the door is shut and locked behind him, luckily for him there was heaps of space so he want squished but still he wanted out. 

“Heath! Let me out you idiot.” Kyle hisses banging in the door. 

“Is there a please there?” Heath chuckles. 

“Heath, please let me out.  You idiot!” Kyle yells. 

“Okay I will….. later.” He laughs and walks off to watch some Tv before letting his brother out. 

“You're so immature.” He laughs as Heath pulls him close and puts him in a headlock. 

End of Flashback 

“I wouldn't have done it if I knew he was bullied, it was just playful brother banter.” Heath shrugs. 

“Yea well hopefully Kyle will still be okay with it. Haley texted me they're taking him to the hospital to see he's all healthy.” Ricky sighs sitting next to Casey in the couch. 

“How can they treat him like this?….. How can a person treat another person like this?” Casey sighs, wondering how his brother had drawn a short straw in life, if he had grown up with them no one would touch him with the fear of being pummeled by Brax and Heath. But since Kyle had grown up away from his brothers they didn't have to worry about them and Casey found that sickening. 

“Awwww I hope he'll be okay.” Ricky sighs resting her head on Casey's shoulder. 

“He's a Braxton, he's tough.” Casey smiles lightly, but frowning inside wondering if this was the last straw for Kyle. 

Jake and his crew were sitting at the table. 

"So, do you think big Braxie has found his little wimp of a brother yet." Issac chuckles. 

"Maybe, he want stop till he does, for some reason he thinks that he's worth caring about." Phoebe laughs, she was always amazed at how much they actually cared for Kyle. 

Suddenly Phoebes phone rings. 

Brax 

"S**t." Phoebe groans looking at her phone. 

"Relax." Jake chuckles.

Phoebe picks up the phone and acted natural. 

"Brax?" She asks trying her best to act oblivious. 

"Don't Brax me, I found him. He's not good not in the least bit. Your all going to be locked up!" Brax snarls. 

"May I remind you that your brothers a psychopathic crim. I'll just tell the police it wasn't us, who are they going to believe. Me or a psychopathic drop kick of a crim" Phoebe chuckles. 

Braxs blood boiled. His brother didn't derserve to be called that. Sure he had done bad stuff in his past. But not for a long time. 

"Like you boyfriend is a Prince Charming." Brax hisses. 

"Better than your brother Sir loser." Phoebe chuckles causing everyone around the table to chuckle. 

"Kyle is 20 times the man your idiot of a boyfriend is. He's not a loser alright. He's my brother and one of the best guys I know." Brax hisses. 

"Yea well he's still a crim, so good luck with getting us locked up. And plus Kylie will have to talk and he won't do that." Phoebe smirks. Suddenly the phone is grabbed out of her hand. 

"Listen Braxie, how would you like him to go. Drowning or beating." Jake smirks and then hangs up the phone. 

"I can't believe you just did that he's going to be raging." Issac laughs. They all join in the laughter. They couldn't wait to see Kyle again. 

Poor Kyle. I'm so glad he has everyone round him again and they're taking him to the hospital (and turning to the police rather than trying to solve it themselves). I think Kyle needs some professional counselling to come to terms with what he's been through. I hope he's honest with them about everything that has happened. I really want Jake's gang to pay!

Archived