Marry Me?

Suzza101

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, I understand that they were all desperate to help, but I'm not sure that that was the right approach to take.  Making Kyle eat, (especially Heath holding him still) while they all watch seems like quite a lot of pressure to put on him. Also, if you haven't eaten for a long time it's dangerous to suddenly eat a lot of solid food, so Kyle actually did the right thing in going for the soup, but they shouldn't be forcing him to eat a full portion. I'm also not so sure how Kyle will react to his foster parents arriving out of the blue. I hope he's pleased to see them. Looking forward to the next chapter x 

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you Ludub, ~JarlieFanEver~ and Kristen for your comments.

Chapter 59

Only Heath, Brax, Haley, and Kyle were still at home everyone else had jobs that they needed to do. In fact so did Brax and Heath but they weren’t leaving Kyle alone. Brax had kindly asked Caleb to cover his shift and Casey was looking after the gym and the girls had decided to go shopping, they were planning to have a special dinner tonight for Kyle’s foster parents and had gone to get the ingredients, they wanted everything to be perfect. They all loved Kyle and to see the two people that realized him was so exciting even with the circumstances they were under. 

Kyle had got another quarter the way through his soup when he realized that he couldn’t eat anymore. He was far too full. He looks up at his brothers with that they call his stupid puppy dog eyes and sighs lightly. 

Heath just shakes his head in disbelief. “There you go again with your stupid puppy dog eyes. I swear we are being ruled by you.” He laughs as he grabs Kyle’s bowl and covers it and puts it in the fridge for him to finish later. He walks back past Kyle and ruffles his hair. Kyle stands up and sits down next to Haley on the couch. He leans over and kisses her on the cheek. Haley grabs Kyle by the ribs and pushes him down on the couch and tries contain his laughter as he tickles his ribs. 

“Stop. Stop, please stop.  Stop please.” Kyle gasps as he tries not to laugh but he can’t hold it in any longer and he starts laughing uncontrollably. 

The boys look at the two young lovers and all put on the cheesiest smiles that they can. 

“Say that I’m the best girlfriend in the world.” Haley laughs as she continues to tickle his ribs. 

“Never.” Kyle laughs, Haley glares down at him and smirks and continues to tickle Kyle. 

“I would say it, bro.” Heath laughs as Kyle starts wriggling around trying to avoid the tickles. 

“No no. Okay! I’m sorry. You’re the best girlfriend in the world. That ever existed.” Kyle gasps and breaths heavily as she stops. “Thanks, babe.” She laughs leaning down and kissing Kyle’s neck. He takes his opportunity and flips her over so that she is underneath him and he starts tickling her. 

“Say I’m the best person in the world.” Kyle laughs as he tickles Haley in the ribs. 

“Nooooo, lemme go.” Haley laughs and tries to wriggle away from Kyle but he doesn’t let her and tickles her harder. 

“Say. The. Words.” Kyle says very slowly, he continues to tickle Haley, who just wriggles around and has tears falling from his eyes. 

“Fine, you’re the best person ever. There I said it. Now let me go.” Haley laughs and shoves Kyle away. “It’s true though. You are amazing.” 

“So are you, babe,” Kyle whispers as he grabs ahold of her and leans back so that they are leaning back and lying in each other's arms. 

“Oi, young love. Get a room.” Heath laughs as he sees Haley and Kyle all lovey-dovey. Weirdly enough they don’t even flinch.

Brax nudges Heath he found it hilarious that they didn’t even respond. He walks over to Kyle and ruffles his hair. “Heyyyy little bro, your bedroom is like thirty steps that way so you can go there before we really embarrass you.” Brax laughs but once again no response from Kyle. 

“Ky! Seriously look away from your girlfriend for a second so we can at least try and embarrass you.” Brax laughs and smirks when Kyle turns around. That was until he replies. 

“Haley knows more embarrassing things about me than you do so they won’t really do any damage.” Kyle laughs and turns back to Haley. 

Brax and Heath looked at each other and shrug. Kyle was acting exactly like a teenager. Sad one minute and then happy the next. What was going on? Maybe he was slowly getting better. One thing was for sure he needed Haley. He needed Caleb. He needed everyone. Brax looks at his brother and hopes that one day he will not need them anymore. That he’ll be able to live his life free and happy. But there was no way that he was going to push him. 

“Baby, you look tired. How about you go have a sleep. Or we can watch a movie  like Safe Haven.” Haley smiles and flickers her eyelashes on his neck. 

“Or Hot Fuzz,” Kyle smirks nudging Haley in the ribs. He loved that movie and also Shaun Of The Dead and The Worlds End. They never failed to make him laugh. 

“Hot Fuzz is stupid.” Haley groans she didn’t understand why people found those types of movies funny. 

“Safe Haven is stupid.” Kyle moans back. There was no way that he was going to watch her movie if she wasn’t going to watch his. 

“Is not.” Haley gasps poking Kyle in the chest. 

“Is too,” Kyle replies leaning back and the couch and rests his head on the headrest.

“Is not!” Haley yells she knew that this was going to go into a full in argument movies were the only thing that they argued about when they were kids. 

“Is too.” Kyle sings, Haley hated that annoying singing voice it wasn’t his usual he only used it when he wanted to annoy her. It was like the type of voice that came on when someone really wanted to prove a point. 

“Is not!” Haley grunts. 

“Is too.” Kyle sighs rolling his eyes as he knows that this is not going to end and tries to quicken the pace. 

“Is not.” 

“Is too.” 

“Is not.” 

“Is too!” 

Brax and Heath look at each other and roll their eyes this was not going to end soon. They were both as stubborn as the other when it came to movies. They knew this from experience with Kyle when they all got the shock of their lives when Kyle and Heath had a ten-minute argument about either watching The Dark Knight or Saw. Kyle was adamant to not watch Saw as he hated thought it was so stupid and Heath wanted to watch it because Kyle thought it was stupid. That night they all sat down to watch The Dark Knight. 

Flashback 

“We are watching Saw!” Heath yells at his little brother, this conversation had already gone on for well over five minutes and everyone had given up trying to make the two middle Braxton’s be quiet. 

“No, that movie is so dumb.” Kyle groans. “Let's play a game.” He mimics a popular quote from the movie. 

“Hey, that is a great quote.” Heath protests as he stands up and points his finger at his little brother. 

“More like dumb, not only is he practically a murderer you almost feel like there should be another whole other movie on him harassing and killing kids! And the tricycle! Really!” He groans and picks The Dark Knight DVD up. “Let's just watch Batman.” He sighs and turns to Ricky, Denny, Phoebe, and Bianca. 

“What one would you four rather watch?” He asks. Deciding that they would put it to a vote. 

“Batman,” Denny replies quickly she needed this conversation to be over. 

“Yea.” Ricky and Bianca agree. They did not want to watch Saw. 

“I like Saw.” Phoebe shrugs and laughs at Kyle’s face.

“What it’s a really good movie.” She smiles at her boyfriend. 

“Ha! Even your girlfriend agrees with me.” Heath laughs pulling an immature face at Kyle. 

“And your wife agrees with me. Duhhh.” Kyle smirks. But flinches as Heath rushes towards him. 

“I want Batman. There Kyle wins, now can we please put in the movie.” Casey groans as Brax holds Heath to stop him getting to Kyle. 

Rolling his eyes Heath puts the DVD in the player and they all sat down in silence for the rest of the movie. Heath had never seen Kyle put up as big of a fight as the one he did when picking which movie to watch.

End of Flashback 

“Is not.” 

“Is too.” 

“Is too,” Haley replies attempting to trick Kyle.

“Sweet since you think that, we can watch Hot Fuzz.” He laughs and kisses Haley on the cheek. He pulls back and sees her face. She was frowning and had her best puppy dog eyes on. “After Safe Haven.” Kyle sighs. He had watched that movie with Phoebe all the time. Maybe that was the reason the argument went on for longer than it normally would with a girlfriend. 

“What! You giving it to her, you never gave it to us.” Heath moans. 

“Well if you want you to be my girlfriend you just give me a call.” Kyle winks at Heath as him and Haley quickly rush off to his room before Heath can reply. 

“Happy Kyle annoys me.” Heath sighs but then smiles at Brax. “He’s happy. Do you think it’ll stay that way?” He asks wondering if he will stay happy. 

“Probably not what he’s going through is pretty traumatic. We’ll have to keep a close eye.” Brax sighs and sits down on the couch to watch some TV. 

Five hours later. 

Brax and Heath were still sitting on the couch. In the kitchen, the girls were preparing the meal. They had gotten what Heath and Brax thought every Ingredient that there was but they were always pretty dramatic. 

“Where are Ky and Ley?” Bianca asks, she hadn’t seen them since her and the girls had arrived home.

“Bedroom.” Heath points not taking his eyes off the TV. 
Bianca and Ricky quickly make their way to the room and knock lightly on the door before entering. Kyle and Haley were fast asleep, Haley has her head on Kyle’s chest and they look so cute. 

“Should we disturb them?” Ricky asks wondering if they should wake the two of them up from their sleep. 

“I don’t want to but we probably should.” Bianca sighs and walks over to Kyle and lightly shakes his shoulder. 

“Ky, Ley. Come on you two.” Ricky smiles as she tries to wake Haley up. Neither of them moves a muscle.

“Leave them for a bit longer.” Bianca laughs. Her and Ricky exit the room. When they get out they see two people standing the doorway. 

“Actually make them get up,” Ricky whispers to Bianca. Everyone stares at the two people standing in front of them. The woman was quite short, she was beautiful and the man was very tall and had masculine features. Caleb comes around the corner and smiles. 

“Mum, Dad." He smiles and he runs up to them and pulls them into a hug. 

“Cal? How are you?” Pip asks kissing Caleb on the cheek. She has missed her third youngest boy but was so overjoyed that he had reunited with his brother and best friend. 

“I’m pretty good, we all are actually.” Caleb smiles knowing that she would just want to know about Kyle. “Kyle as well, I know you’re only asking so you can ask about him. We all know that he’s your precious little boy.” Caleb laughs and rubs Pips arm. 

“Marcus? Pip?” Kyle asks shocked that his foster parents were here. He didn’t know whether they wanted him to call them Mum and Dad, he had been gone for years. 

“Sweetie! Call us Mum and Dad.” Pip smiles lightly. She missed him so much, all she wants to do is wrap her arms around him. 

“Mum? Dad?” Kyle asks slowly and walks up to his parents and hugs them. Marcus pulls him close to his chest and rests his head on Kyle’s. 

“I’ve missed you,” Kyle admits not only to them but to himself as well he had tried so hard not to go back. He felt like they thought that he abandoned them because he found his new family and that it wouldn’t be the same. 

“We’ve missed you too,” Pip whispers and kisses her son on the cheek. 

Love Kyle and Haley being so lovey dovey, but I think I'd be pretty uncomfortable if I was Heath or Brax. I'm glad they went to his room eventually!!! Talk about PDA! :lol: Good that they didn't force him to eat when he said he was full. And lovely to see him reunited with his parents. That can only be a good thing :) Liked how you worked in a glimpse of Phoebe showing her true colours even back then (choosing Heaths movie just to twist the knife) Great chapter. Looking forward to the next one.

Thank you Ludub, ~JarlieFanEver~ and Kristen for your comments.

Chapter 60

“Mum... Dad.” Kyle sobs as he continues to cry into his foster parents, he was so glad that he got to see them again, he had missed them so much, especially when things were rough with his family. They were great parents and they adored him which made them even better. He knew that he was special to them, not that the others wouldn't but all the others had a sibling but not Kyle he had come all alone and had no one to help him through the first couple of days so they did it themselves. He was their last baby as well. 

“Shhh, we’re here buddy, we’re here. Ky we’ve missed you so so much. Please don't leave us again. Your brothers and sisters have missed you so much especially Theo and Oliver.” Marcus whispers in his son's ear. It had broken all of their hearts when Kyle had just left and even more so when they didn’t hear from him.

“I’m sorry, you should hate me. I left you. I left you all, all for a man who didn't even care about me. I’m sorry!” Kyle cries as he pulls himself closer to Marcus’ chest. He missed the way that Marcus could wrap his arms around him. He was such a big man and it was nice to be comforted in that way because you always felt secure. 

“Oh please Kyle, you're their favorite, just bat those eye’s of yours and they'll be putty in your hands.” Caleb laughs and nudges Casey in the ribs who was laughing too.

“Am not!” Kyle remarks as he pulls away from Marcus and stares at Caleb. Caleb always knew how to put a smile on his face 

“Yea you are.” Caleb laughs and walk over to Kyle and ruffles his hair. He loved winding Kyle up and growing up he wasn't a mummy boy, he wasn't a daddy boy he was a parents boy. “Parents boy.” He smirks shoving Kyle lightly only for Kyle to shove him back lightly. 

“I’m not a parents boy and I am not their favorite.” Kyle laughs, he hated how everyone thought that he was the favorite, he wasn't. 

“Are too.” Caleb laughs in a ridiculous voice that was almost childlike. 

“Am not,” Kyle replies. 

“Are too.”

“Am not.” 

“Are too.” 

“Alright you to break it up. honestly, have you two matured at all?” Marcus laughs as he separates the two boys.

“No.” They laugh and Caleb pulls Kyle by the arm and pulls him into a one-armed hug and ruffles his hair. 

“Stop!” Kyle laughs lightly, he puts his hands up and tries to block the hand ruffling his hair. Honestly, his hair was going to be in a real mess. 

“Na I’m good,” Caleb smirks as he starts to ruffle it harder. His goal was to get Kyle’s hair in such a mess that it would be too hard to fix without a mirror. 

“Also you know that we don't have any favorites, Cal.” Pip laughs as Caleb was still messing up Kyle's hair, not letting him move out of the headlock. 

“That's such a common lie for parents.”Haley laughs as Kyle still struggles to get away from her brother. He looked so defenseless. 

“Ley. Please.” Kyle begs. He hoped that Haley would help him out hopefully before he actually needed to wet his hair to fix it. Luckily Haley walks over to them and slaps  Caleb in the chest. 

“Don’t ruin his hair.” She laughs, she grabs Kyle's hand and pulls him away from her brother and kisses him on the cheek. His hair was a huge mess and he would definitely need some water to fix it. 

“Hold up. You two. When?” Pip asks baffled.

“You didn't tell them when you rung them,” Kyle whispers lightly in Haley’s ear, He thought that when Haley called their parents that she would have told them that they were dating. It had suddenly got extremely awkward. Both of their parents were staring t them, it got so awkward that they let go of each other's hands. Haley puts her hands together and massages them together and Kyle runs his hands through his hair. 

“And when were you going to tell us that you were dating?’ Marcus asks walking up to Kyle and looks down slightly at him. Not in an intimidating way but it still made Kyle feel intimidated. 

“I thought Haley already did.” Kyle shrugs, He looks at Haley and mouths the words. “Help me.” 

“Kyle... You were always so easy to trick.” He laughs and ruffles Kyle’s hair. only because he knows he hates it and to make it in even more of a mess than it already is. 

“Huh? You knew.. But you...” Kyle stumbles on his words not quite knowing what to say. He knew they were right he was so easy to trick. Laughing Marcus pushes him lightly towards Haley and then turns to Pip smiling. 

“I told you.” he laughs. 

“I told you.” She replies. She grabs her husbands hand and walks outside. 

“I love you,” Kyle whispers to Haley as he kisses her. Boy did he love her, he didn't understand why he spent so much time loving Phoebe, sure he was a kid when he first fell in love with Phoebe and he was completely fooled by her love into thinking that she actually loved him but with Haley, it just felt so much more real. They way that she looked at him was so different to the way that Phoebe looked at him if he was completely honest. They had been living with each other for so long. Other than Caleb and Mason. “But that was not funny.” He stares down at Haley with serious eyes. Seriously that was terrifying, He actually thought that his Dad was going to give him the talk again and to make it more awkward it was his daughter. 

“Oh come on Kyky. I was so funny you should have seen your face. You were so scared, babe.” She laughs and pushes Kyle lightly up against the couch and kisses him only for them to be pulled apart. 

“Seriously five minutes, five minutes is all I ask. Five minutes when I don't need to look at you two kissing. You're my best friend but she’s my sister. My only sister.” Caleb laughs lightly at Kyle as he reaches over and slaps his face lightly. 

“Sorry Cal.” Kyle laughs and goes to the kitchen to get some water. He sits down on the couch he is soon joined by Caleb and Haley. Haley was about to sit next to Kyle but Caleb pulls her back and sits next to Kyle himself. 

“What? You two have kissed far too much today this way you can't.” Caleb smirks, He loved being the big brother, he used to be protective of all Haley old boyfriends but Kyle was his best mate which made it even more fun. 

“I can't believe they're actually here.” Kyle smiles as he relays his happiness over their parents being here to Haley and Caleb. Caleb punches Kyle lightly in the shoulder. “They came running when their favorite child needed them,” Caleb smirks at Kyle and then grins at his sister, they loved winding Kyle up together. 

“You heard them. Parents don't have favorites.” Kyle moans as he reaches over and punches Caleb. 

“Like I said that, that is such a common lie for parents.” Haley laughs as she reaches over and tickles his neck. He was so ticklish it was so easy to make him squirm. 

“Oi. Don't reach over me to flirt with your boyfriend, or I'll actually be sick.” Caleb groans. He grabs Haley hand and pulls it away. 

“Okay you can leave,” Haley smirks, as she tries once again to reach over Caleb. 

“Okay let's go.” Caleb sighs and grabs Kyle arm and pulls him away. he wanted to have a talk with his best mate, him and Haley were getting very close and he was worried that Kyle was serious about this because he didn't want either of them getting hurt. 

“That's not what I meant.’ Haley moans as Caleb pulls her boyfriend away from her. “Not the big brother talk, please. don't you dare scare him” She begs as she realizes whats going on? 

“I won't. He’s my best mate Ley.” Caleb sighs. “Come on Romeo.” Caleb laughs and pulls Kyle towards the door.

“Help.” He mouths but puts a smirk on to show that he was okay. Caleb was his best friend in the world and he knew that sure he would give him a stern big brother talk but after he would probably ruffle his hair or pull him into a hug. He hoped that it was the latter as his hair was already in way too much of a mess. 

Luckily for Kyle, they just go to talk on the street as he did not want to go anywhere with his hair looking like this. 

“So you and my sister, wheres that headed?’ Caleb asks as he and Kyle sit on the curb. 

“I love her, so much.” Kyle sighs as he looks up at Caleb and stares right into his eyes so that he knows just how much Haley means to him. If he looks Caleb in the eyes he would know that he meant it because whenever Kyle told a lie to Caleb he would look at his hands. It made it easier. 

“I know that you love her Ky, that much is obvious. But how much?” Caleb asks. He knew that Kyle and his sister adored each other but the question was did he fully love her or did he loves her but love her because he was loving the idea of being in love. It was a tricky one as these two had grown up together and knew almost everything about each other. They were closer than most married couples. 

“You know that time when Ethan stole my teddy bear that was the last thing that my Mum gave to me before she died and I had got so angry and sad that I had walked right unto him and punched him in the face and I shocked everyone because before that point I couldn't even look at Ethan let alone hit him. Imagine that times 100. If anyone ever touches her or hurts her I will not let them away with it. I love her so much that it would hurt to live without her. I can't imagine my life without her.” Kyle turns his head and looks at Caleb. He loved Haley so much and he would actually break down in tears if he ever lost her. 

“Well, you've passed. But hey question. I know that the thing with you and you know who is still very fresh and you and Ley haven't actually been dating for that long but have you thought about marriage?” Caleb asks as he throws his arm around Kyle’s neck and pulls him close. 

“Okay, firstly She’s not Voldemort you’re allowed to say her name.” Kyle laughs and accepts the slap on the head that Caleb gives him. 

“Don't be smart.” He laughs. He loved Kyle’s uncommon humor out of nowhere.

“Not marriage yet but I was thinking.... promise rings,” Kyle says very slowly. He had told Casey and he had replied with saying that he was unbelievably romantic. He just hoped that Caleb would think the same. 

“Ley would love that.” Caleb smiles and starts to stand up and walk back to the house. He had grilled Kyle enough and had come to the conclusion that Kyle and Haley would be happy together and that he could trust Kyle not to hurt his sister and that they would be happy together for what would be the rest of their lives as he was sure that they really did love each other that much. 

“Cal wait. Can I have your permission?’ Kyle asks standing up and grabbing Caleb arm before he makes it to the house. He knew that Caleb wasn't Haley’s Dad but he was her older brother and also her only blood relative after their parents had died. 

“You're asking for my permission for promise rings?” Caleb asks amused that this was happening. He had heard of asking permission for marriage but not promise rings.

“Well... Yea. Your opinion means the world to me. You’re my best friend.” Kyle smiles lightly looking at his best friend. He couldn't believe how much he had changed since Caleb and Haley had turned up. He had tried so hard to be the new brother that was just as hard as they were but in reality he was a softy and if he was honest he loved it.

“Yes, of course. I approve.” Caleb laughs and picks Kyle up and hugs him. He loved his best friend. he was the second favorite person in the world after his sister. 

‘“Thanks, Cal. You can put me down now though.” Kyle laughs as he is still in the air. Caleb puts him down and straightens his shirt. 

“So what are you going to do about the ring?” Caleb asks. 

Kyle motions for him to follow him and they make their way to Kyle’s room where he unlocks the top drawer of his desk and pulls out two of his Mum's rings. One was silver the other bronze. 

“My Mum wore them all the time, she loved them. I loved my Mum and since she's gone I want Ley to have one and I'll have the other but they'll be necklaces instead because I love her just as much as I loved my Mum, if not more. I’ll engrave them with something like Kyle and Ley and then a love heart or something.”  Kyle sighs as he puts them back in the draw. 

“You sure? Handing over one of your Mums rings is huge” Caleb sighs as he looks at his best friend wondering if he is serious. 

“Of course, Haley means everything to me.” Kyle smiles and shuts the drawer before locking it again. 

Archived