Aladdin

Guest Adele

WoW It was fantastic, me and my friend Em traveled two and a half hours to watch Ray Meagher in the panto Aladdin in Bournemouth last night. It was fantastic, absolutely amazing, Ray was fantastic he played the bad guy and even had to do a rap song, which was great. He hid his accent very well and at times did the accent and famous lines from home and away that was added in, very funny. It took me a while to realise but two of the other actors were singing a love song and 2 lines in , i realised it was the home and away theme song, they changed the end to closer each day with you ill stay. There were buts from little britain and the catherine tate show also. The whole show was brilliant i really enjoyed it. Afterwards we went round to the side door (sad i know!) all the kids went to see the main guy and after he left, so did everyone else and it was just me and my friend there. We only had to wait about 15 mins and then Ray came out, im sure he was surprised that 2 girls in their 20's were waiting for him as it didnt seem that anybody else had been in the run of the show. He was really lovely and very very polite, we had our pics taken with him and said how good the show was.

Im sure he would have been shocked to know that we came all that way just to see him in the show but we didnt say, i was so nervous and kind of shaky. Its strange ive met a lot of famous people before but this was different, never met anyone from home and away and ive been watching ray for about 16 years, it was strange to have him right there, im so glad he was nice, i feel bad for those people that love watching someone and they turn out to be horrible, it ruins the show for you. Ray rocks. ( i know people, im in my 20's!)

Gosh Adele! how cool :D , I'd have come from Sheffield to see it if I could. Sounds like an awesome time was had. I think most of us would have been nervous. I think Ray/Alf is a ledgend H&A will not be the same if he ever left.

I have the picture stored on my computer but i dont know how i add it to a post, if anyone could let me know, that would be great thanks.

It was also so awesome because we dont get a lot of current cast members over here, and all you people in oz talk about seeing them and meeting them, they always seemed so far away.

Archived