New Kid Diesel

Guest Furze-Forever

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... but Edward was a goth. Diesel doesn't really dress *that* differently, he's more like a rock/grunge kind of look. A couple of piercings and some dark clothes. Loads of young people dress like that these days.

Interesting comparison though. I mean when Edward lived in the Bay he was pretty much accepted and liked by the other kids regardless of what he looked like, it wasn't really an issue. That was much more modern than today's episode's reaction to Diesel which in my opinion was kind of out of date and old fashioned.

I actually think it's pretty accurate, specially because all the other kids were wearing the same. He was standing out like a sore thumb, it was inevitable that someone was going to say something to him about it.

He seems like a pretty interesting character. I think I know the story behind him and if it's what I think it is, then it should be good.

On a totally random note.. is the spoiler tag working for everyone else?

Hmm... but Edward was a goth. Diesel doesn't really dress *that* differently, he's more like a rock/grunge kind of look. A couple of piercings and some dark clothes. Loads of young people dress like that these days.

Interesting comparison though. I mean when Edward lived in the Bay he was pretty much accepted and liked by the other kids regardless of what he looked like, it wasn't really an issue. That was much more modern than today's episode's reaction to Diesel which in my opinion was kind of out of date and old fashioned.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As you said ste, I don’t think Diesel dresses that differently, it must have been the nose piercing, not that that’s especially ‘different’ these days.

Edward was definitely ‘picked on’ to a certain extent when he first arrived, as far as I remember Peta had the same thing as Matilda had/has going on ‘he’s different to other guys…etc’. But the other teens definitely had something to say specifically Will, Sam… I think Will thought he was ‘trouble’ maybe… I remember them commenting on ‘are you cold?’ sarcastically, because he was wearing his big trench coat on the beach with the sun blaring down… But as they got to know him they were fine, like with Diesel.

Edward was also hassled by a few random kids from the school that weren’t members of the cast about his looks…I remember Judith breaking up a fight and them then hassling him because his mother had to step in…

Mmm, I don't think the teasing is all that inaccurate actually.

In a big city, Diesel's appearance wouldn't turn heads from anyone (other than those who fancy him), but in small towns, like Summer Bay., kids can be very strange towards those who look even slightly different.

For instance, my brother practially lives in his Metallica t-shirt, and here in London, no one gives him a second glance-loads of kids wear them and even those who don't wear band t-shirts don't think twice about it. But he recently took a trip to a small town in Berkshire, wearing that same t-shirt, and told me with amazment how all day longm kids had been coming up to him and asking him "do you worship Satan?", "Why are you wearing that?" "Don't people make fun of you?" etc. He found the whole expeience hilarious, as it so out of the ordinary here in London.

My point being, most small town kids seem alot more concerned with everyone looking the same, and treat people who dress/look a little different with suspicion and often, nastiness. Weird, but true.

On the other point, Edward ws most definetly picked on and stared at when he first came to the Bay. The only ones who liked him were Peta and Duncan, and they eventually convinced the others to see how narrow-minded they were being. But he was definetly hasseled, by random people in the school, as well as, as joey-lee pointed out, Will, Sam and that whole gang.

I haven't seen much of him yet, i've got to admit he's cute - without the facial piercings - but he seems really arrogant to me, kind of bitter-i've-got-a-chip-on-my-shoulder-i-don't-wanna-be-anyones-friend guy. Mind you, i have to say with Matilda's blatant flirting i don't really blame him.

My god girl, take a tip from Henry and stop it! My mum cracked up with Henry mimicked her, the first episode with Diesel. So funny! :P

x

Archived