Soap star steers clear of the water

Guest bay girl

Gold Coast Weekend Bulletin

September 24-25

Teen favourite Adam Saunders was keeping his distance from the beaches during a flying visit to Queensland last week.

Saunders came to fame playing joker Heath Carroll on the ABC's Blue Water High, a teen soapie set in a high school for junior pro-surfers.

But Saunders was no surfing pro.

"I'd done no surfing whatsoever, before i joined the show," he says. "Like everyone else, i had two weeks of surf training before we started shooting so we could look like kids who were pro-circuit quality, but most of the real surfing was done by body doubles."

A new series of the soapie goes into production later this year but Saunders will appear only briefly to reprise his role.

Next month Saunders joins Home and Away as Summer Bay's new resident police officer.

Gold Coast Weekend Bulletin

September 24-25

Teen favourite Adam Saunders was keeping his distance from the beaches during a flying visit to Queensland last week.

Saunders came to fame playing joker Heath Carroll on the ABC's Blue Water High, a teen soapie set in a high school for junior pro-surfers.

But Saunders was no surfing pro.

"I'd done no surfing whatsoever, before i joined the show," he says. "Like everyone else, i had two weeks of surf training before we started shooting so we could look like kids who were pro-circuit quality, but most of the real surfing was done by body doubles."

A new series of the soapie goes into production later this year but Saunders will appear only briefly to reprise his role.

Next month Saunders joins Home and Away as Summer Bay's new resident police officer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wicked so he does become permanent. He moves in with Irene. Yay. So when Peter returns there will be 3 hot policemen in Summer Bay. Yum how I would like to be arrested by them.

Wicked so he does become permanent. He moves in with Irene. Yay. So when Peter returns there will be 3 hot policemen in Summer Bay. Yum how I would like to be arrested by them.

It's not very likely at all that they would have 3 permanent policemen in the bay. A town like Summer Bay doesn't warrant it, or more so, a soapie which isn't supposed to have a crime focus doesnt.

So, while Jack stays a permanent character, the new guy and Peter would only ever be semi-recurring characters. Like with doctors, Charlotte was the bay's doctor, and when Flynn came along, it wasn't long before she left. So with Flynn's imminent death, you can bet that a new permanent doctor will be along shortly.

I don't like the way that they are bringing in all of these new characters - they seem to be churning through them a lot quicker. And when you think about it, since 2001, only about 7 characters remain (Alf, Sally, Hayley, Leah, Irene, Colleen, Flynn)

So, while Jack stays a permanent character, the new guy and Peter would only ever be semi-recurring characters. Like with doctors, Charlotte was the bay's doctor, and when Flynn came along, it wasn't long before she left. So with Flynn's imminent death, you can bet that a new permanent doctor will be along shortly.

No, No. No. You've got it wrong, Flynn arrived before Charlotte as the consellor.

I have to agree when Charlotte died Flynn did decide to go back to medicine but he wasn't really a replacement.

Also, Flynn number 2 has only been in it since 2003.

Archived