What's The Weather Like Where You Are?

Cat3

I don't know the temperature, because the thing on my laptop wont connect for some reason, but it's cold. However, the sky is an incredibly light blue with fluffy white clouds (No kidding, if I looked out of my window without knowing it had been snowing, I'd think we'd missed a season!). Very strange. Apparently, we're going to get more sun and rain than snow over the next few days, so I expect what little snow we do have to be washed away.

It's weird to see such a bright sky with fluffy clouds in December!

We live on the south coast of England, which rarely gets snow and is generally the warmest place in England. But last night we had at least 6 inches of snow which settled. All schools are closed, our village is more or less cut off. It looks very pretty now, but it is well below freezing and I hope the deep snow won't freeze into ice like last year. That makes it almost impossible to walk or drive anywhere.

I've got the news on, most of this country is at a standstill, airports closed, railways closed, roads treacherous....

Edited by Miranda

Clear and cold. - 20 degrees. And still very little snow. It is too cold, it is not snowing at such low temperature. I wish that some of the snow that UK and several parts of Europe has would take a trip up here... We need some snow/water.... The power stations don't have enogh water because it has been too dry and cold for too long, and too little rain/snow this year and we also sold some power to other countries last year (Finland) because they were in need for it. But after that the extreme dry winter 2009/2010 started, and now it is dry and cold again. Some places (like in Bergen, Norways second biggest town which is on the west cold and normally a very wet place) there are a fear that they have too cut the power! That would been a disaster and extremely dangerous in this cold! And everywhere the power has become very expensive.

South part of Norway needs some snow/rain soon!!!

Edited by jodlebirger