Days of their lives

Guest Andy

Days of their lives

The Eye, Herald-Sun

10 May 2005

RUMOURS are circulating that Channel 7 has approached Cartwright and Hewitt to star in their own reality show, similar to Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey's Newlyweds in the US.

Eye reader Adam said Seven was milking the thing ridiculously, especially Today Tonight.

He suggested TT cover:

"A diary of the daily happenings in the couple's lives -- things like the difficulties involved in getting out of bed to see a pristine blue ocean in the distance, the hardships of breaking a fingernail, going to the loo, and maybe the lighter side of life such as Lleyton driving his Ferrari (with roof-top down, sunglasses on, and music blasting) to pick up Bec from work."

What do you think?

IS it tacky that Cartwright and Lleyton are continuing to make money by selling details of their private life to magazines? Email your thoughts to The Eye at eye@heraldsun.com.au

IS it tacky that Cartwright and Lleyton are continuing to make money by selling details of their private life to magazines?

Well, it's not as though they'd be the first, and I very much doubt they'd be the last!

Question is - would anyone want to watch it?! :huh:

The sad thing is, I would probably end up watching it out of sheer curiosity. Their relationship IS kind of interesting, in that they did everything so quickly, and also I'd like to know what really happened with Bec and Beau and how things are with them now etc. But I doubt any of the really interesting stuff would be included, it would just be them smiling a lot (if Lleyton is capable of such a thing!) and playing the perfect couple. Britney is also doing a show like this with Kevin whatshisname, how many more can we take?

Archived