Since when Home and Away is a musical soap?

Home and Away was my favourite soap, until this band (Lyric) arrived. I stopped watching then as H&A is meant to be a soap drama, not a musical soap. I tuned in just before it took it's break over here in the UK for Christmas, and I see the band is still in the show. 

This band has ruined what was my favourite soap. I won't be watching until this band is gone. I watch Home and Away for it's high drama and storylines. I don't watch it to watch this band. If I wanted to listen to music, I would put music channels on my Sky Digital. 

Thank god, we don't have bands in our soaps over here in the UK. Also, what annoys me with H&A it's the biggest, homophobic soap ever. 

TBH I prefer H&A to be a music soap as opposed to focus solely on gangs and other crimes, and tragedy.

We did get a music storyline in early 1988 but it was just a few weeks, and the scenes of Frank, Chico etc did not dominate the show. I think Lance and Martin were also involved. It did remind me of the EastEnders music storyline in 1986 with The Banned, and their cringe worthy scenes of Sharon, Ian, Wicksy and Harry singing Somethin' Outta Nothin'.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.

On 02/01/2024 at 14:48, GayGuy1986 said:

Home and Away was my favourite soap, until this band (Lyric) arrived. I stopped watching then as H&A is meant to be a soap drama, not a musical soap. I tuned in just before it took it's break over here in the UK for Christmas, and I see the band is still in the show. 

This band has ruined what was my favourite soap. I won't be watching until this band is gone. I watch Home and Away for it's high drama and storylines. I don't watch it to watch this band. If I wanted to listen to music, I would put music channels on my Sky Digital. 

Thank god, we don't have bands in our soaps over here in the UK. Also, what annoys me with H&A it's the biggest, homophobic soap ever. 

They had bands in the past  but they were formed of established chars and fizzled out quick and everyone got on with their lives.