Should Josie Russell have stayed longer ?.

j.laur5

I mean it's testament to Laurie as an actress that she pulled that off.  Many couldn't.

I think Josie could have hung around.  I understand Bevan Lee wanted to bring her in as a forgotten twin sister, but the Jade/Kirsty/Laura twin swap of 2004 ruled that out.

To be honest, the Twin Swap thing was much more bats**t than Josie/Angie ever was.  Kate Garven acted her heart out on it but as a storyline it didn't work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2023 at 08:44, James Martin said:

To be honest, the Twin Swap thing was much more bats**t than Josie/Angie ever was.  Kate Garven acted her heart out on it but as a storyline it didn't work.

It made no sense on many levels - there was no long-term gain from it, there were definitely other ways Jade could have been written out and it overwrote the "connection" that Jade and Kirsty that had been established on many occasions. All I remember from that story was Christie Hayes playing the twin and Kirsty and Laura swapping places for some reason, possibly so Kirsty could cheat on her exams? 

I'd love to know more about why the producers went down that route as Jade's exit story, especially since the remaining Sutherlands were all gone within a few months anyway.