Finale

CaptainHulk

I think it did what it needed to do. It shut the book but I don't think this is the last of our Erinsbuddies. I type this while in a Beer/Burger haze.

The tour, maybe a few odd books.

I think my anger/grief has subsided but I'm still giving Channel 5 the boot. 

What's your take? 

I loved the finale and thought it was the perfect way to end the show. Guy Pearce was the absolute star for me - he's come a long way since he started in Neighbours but he fitted seamlessly back in, didn't think he was above it all. Class is timeless. The lamp scene was hilarious and just a typical fluffy Neighbours touch. Lots of happy endings but lovely that the main one everyone is talking about (Jane and Mike) is an older couple. I'll have to watch it again to catch all the references and spot everyone in the wedding video messages. I'm so pleased for them all that it finished on such a high that has gone down so well with the fans.

I loved the envelope addressed to T Oliver and it's a shame he was too ill to return as Lou who for me is as much Neighbours as anyone - maybe a generational thing. 

I only started watching in around 2003 but I could still feel the connection to the olden days when Mike returned and I think this is something Neighbours did better than any soap barring maybe Corrie. Harold coming back was what got me the most emotional - loved him and he's aged very well.

Archived