10 things you never knew about Chris Hemsworth

Guest Andy

10 things you never knew about your favourite star

The Gold Coast Bulletin

26 April 2005

CHRIS HEMSWORTH

1. This `Home and Away' star will be turning 22 on August 11.

2. At school, Chris excelled at athletics, particularly hurdles, and he also enjoyed water polo and football.

3. When he was little, Chris and his family lived in an aboriginal community in the Northern Territory for five years.

4. Chris was born and raised in Melbourne before moving to Sydney to join the cast of `Home and Away'.

5. Chris auditioned in both Melbourne and Sydney for the role of Robbie (now played by Jason Smith) but was re-called and flown up to Sydney for the part of Kim Hyde.

6. He has been surfing for the past seven years and drives up and down the coast to find the best surf spots.

7. Chris likes playing the guitar, surfing and listening to music in his spare time.

8. Jeff Buckley, Radiohead, David Gray and The Pharcyde are his fav music groups.

9. Sean Penn is his fav actor.

10. Chris says, `Home and Away' is consistent work for me and a great experience. It's so fast paced and basically it will allow me to learn a lot a lot about the industry."

5. Chris auditioned in both Melbourne and Sydney for the role of Robbie (now played by Jason Smith) but was re-called and flown up to Sydney for the part of Kim Hyde.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bloomin 'eck - I just couldn't imagine Chris playing Robbie. If he had got the part, it would have been very different Robbie I guess!

Archived