Frank Lloyd

FlossAndNeville

Been seeing some places online stating that Frank died in 1995.

However, I remember many reports saying that the reason he didn't return to H&A for Sally's ill-fated wedding - five years later - was that he refused, still miffed over being given the heave-ho in 1989. Obviously, both stories can't be correct. Anyone know which one is?

50 minutes ago, FlossAndNeville said:

Been seeing some places online stating that Frank died in 1995.

However, I remember many reports saying that the reason he didn't return to H&A for Sally's ill-fated wedding - five years later - was that he refused, still miffed over being given the heave-ho in 1989. Obviously, both stories can't be correct. Anyone know which one is?

He died in 1995.

• 4 months later...

I was under the impression for years that it was a sour grapes thing, covered by Floss telling Alf that Neville had died.  I assumed Frank was dead by now as he was pretty old then, but I wasn't aware he'd died as early as 1995.

The writers had done pretty much all they could with the characters in my opinion. They were nothing more than comic relief, with the exception of the storyline with their son and grandson. It made sense to write them out in favour of more multi-faceted characters like Morag and Marilyn, but to supposedly read about it second hand (whether or not it is true or just a rumour, I don't know!) would have been awful.

Archived