The Camping Trip

AtlantaG1912

Thank you for all the kind comments and my friend is kind of ok but she will take a while to get over what happened. These next couple of chapters are going to be flashbacks from each of the seven characters of moments in their lives that involved Kyle. So I hope you enjoy these flashbacks into some of the other character’s lives.

Chapter 68

2 hours later…

The Waiting Room

The waiting room was completely silent and had been since Nate had left. No one wanted to break the silence because that meant they would have to think about the fact that there is a chance that Kyle isn't going to make it. Each person was sat lost in their in own thoughts all thinking about different things about Kyle.

If a nurse entered the room they would find that hardly anyone had moved except for when they had gotten coffees from down the hall and then returned to the same seats they were sat in before they had left.

Brax was sat closest to the door as that way he could be the first person to jump on Nate as soon as he walked in the room. Brax's mind was thinking back to Kyle's first day at Summer Bay High and how they went shopping for his bedroom afterwards.

Flashback 1 – two years ago…

"Kyle, hurry up!" Brax shouted from the living room.

Casey walked into the room and over to the table where his school bag was currently sat.

"Hey Case, do me a favour look out for Kyle today." Brax called over to him.

"Sure but I don't see why I need to as I think he will be fine?" Casey replied.

"Because you're his brother Casey and just because you think he will be fine doesn't mean he will be after all look at your first day at Summer Bay High."

"Fine I'll look after him but I don't think he will be happy that I'm watching him."

"Thank you and also if he complains you have permission to tell that I out you up to it."

"Ok." Casey answered.

With that Brax headed out of the living room and towards Kyle's bedroom where he stopped and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" shouted a voice from inside.

Brax entered Kyle's room to find his new found brother sat on his bed with his school bag beside him. As he looked around the room he noticed that the room didn't look like a teenage boy's bedroom instead it just looked like a guest room or a hotel room.

"Are you ready to mate?" Brax asked the teenager.

"Yeah, I was just thinking." Kyle said to him.

"About what?"

"If I'll make any friends and if I will understand the curriculum as I'm pretty sure its different to what I was studying back in Melbourne."

"You will be fine and if you don't understand anything your learning just ask for help."

"Yeah I will anyway I guess I better go before Casey gets annoyed."

"Yeah you better. Oh Kyle, you will need to come straight home from school as well."

"Why?"

"Cause we are going shopping because no offense mate but this room kinda reminds me of a hotel room."

Kyle's face lit up with a smile and said to Brax: "Ok, I'll see you later."

Nearly 9 hours later…

Kyle comes through the door and heads straight to his bedroom. Brax and Ricky just look at each other.

"Is he alright?" Ricky asks.

"I don't know; I'll give him a couple of minutes then I'll go check on him." Brax replied.

A couple minutes later Kyle reappeared, no longer in his school uniform instead he was now wearing his maroon baseball top with black jeans and his favourite denim hooded jacket.

"Where are you going?" Ricky asked when she saw him with his coat on.

"Well Brax said I had to come straight home so we could go shopping to decorate my bedroom." Kyle replied with a smile on his face.

"So that's why you went straight to your room instead of stopping and telling us how your first day went and where the hell Casey is?" Brax said to him.

"Yeah sorry, I was just doing what you told me to do. Oh and Casey told me to tell you he was heading to the surf club with his mates."

"That's ok mate and thanks for letting me know." Brax said to his brother. "Anyway we better go then before all the shops shut."

Shopping centre

"So any ideas for how you want your bedroom?" Brax asked as they got out of the car.

"Nope I was just thinking we would get some paint and a desk." Kyle replied.

"Mate, you are getting more than just paint and a desk we are going to do your whole room out."

"Oh then I definitely have no idea."

"Why don't you do what Casey did and base your room on something you love. Casey's room represents the beach and surfing because that's what he enjoys the most."

"I guess I could do that." Kyle said as they entered the DIY store.

"So what do you enjoy the most then?" Brax asked realising he had no clue what Kyle liked.

"Well I guess I love music so that could be the theme for my room."

"That's a great idea, lets see if we can find some wallpaper in the teen section and get some paint to match then how about we buy you some vinyl records from like a charity shop and we can stick them on the walls and stuff."

"Yeah that would be great and I could get desk maybe for my school work and stuff."

"Yeah I guess we are going to have to buy you a laptop as well for your work."

"That's ok I can just use the school computers."

"No you need one so we will buy one."

"It's ok really Brax you don't need to spend a lot of money on me."

"Kyle you are my brother and I'm going to spoil you considering I have 14 years of birthday presents to buy." Brax laughed.

"Ok and Brax, thank you"

"For what?"

"For letting me live with you."

"Oh that's alright besides we couldn't have you living on the street." Brax said.

With that the two brothers went off in search of there shopping list.

Present time…

Brax smiled as he recounted that day. He realised on that shopping trip he learned a bit about Kyle not only his music but that he didn't want to have people spend a lot on him which he never understood.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 69

Ricky who originally been sat beside Phoebe moved after Nate left to sit beside Brax who she felt needed her more now that Roo was able to look after Phoebe. While she looked around the room, Ricky noticed that the people who were sat in this room were amongst some of the people who carried about Kyle the most. That made Ricky think about an important point in Kyle's life after he moved to the Bay.

Flashback 2 – 2 years ago…

It was a Saturday afternoon and she had just returned from the shops to find Kyle sat on the couch watching TV.

"Hey Kyle, can you give me hand with these bags please?" Ricky asked.

"Hey Ricky, yeah where do you want them?" Kyle asked as he stood up and grabbed the bags off her.

"Just put them on the table for me while I grab the last one from the car."

Kyle put the bags on the table while Ricky went outside. When Ricky re-entered the house she found Kyle putting the shopping away which shocked her as she wasn't used to a Braxton always helping with the shopping.

"You didn't have to do that."

"That's ok, I wanted to help after all I have nothing else to do."

As she looked around she asked: "Where is everyone else?"

"Well Brax is at the restaurant, Heath and Bianca have taken Darcy to the cinema and Casey is with his friends at the beach."

"Why didn't you go with Casey?"

"He didn't ask me to go with him."

"That didn't mean you could go as well Kyle."

"I know but I didn't want to intrude when I hadn't been asked."

"Kyle you wouldn't have intruded. Casey would have let you go with him."

"I also had homework to do so I wanted to get that out of the way."

"Ok if you say so, I'm not going to stop someone from doing their homework as I know how important homework is."

"Anyway I think I'm going to go to my room now unless you need my help with anything else?" Kyle asked Ricky before he left the kitchen.

"No that's everything thanks but I'll let you know if I need any help with anything else." Ricky replied to him. "Oh Kyle!"

"Yeah?"

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine why?"

"You just look a bit pale that's all."

"No I'm fine."

"Ok then."

Kyle smiled and went off to his room leaving Ricky to wonder what was really going on with him.

30 minutes later…

Ricky was sat in the garden relaxing when Brax walked through the gate.

"What's this like?" Brax said as he approached her.

"I don't know what you mean?" Ricky laughed.

"Being lazy is not allowed." Brax joined in the laughing.

"Oh well I guess I didn't listen but you know what maybe you should join me instead of being busy all the time with work."

"That sounds like a great idea. Maybe we could head inside as well considering everyone else is probably out."

Ricky didn't reply and just starred at Brax.

"What?"

"Not everyone is out."

"What do you mean?"

"Kyle is in his room. I came home an hour ago to find him sat on his own watching the TV."

"Why is he on his own and I thought he would have gone out with Casey?"

"He said he had homework to do and that he didn't want to intrude on Casey hanging out with his friends."

"That's weird I know for fact Kyle did his last bit of homework last night when he got home from school. Also why would he be intruding on Casey and his mates?"

"To be honest Brax, I don't think he has made any friends yet."

"How can he not of made friends yet he has been here for four months?"

"I get the feeling that Kyle doesn't make friends to easily."

"Hmm, maybe there is more to it than that?"

"I don't think there is Brax I mean you've seen Kyle when he is around new people, he goes quiet."

"Yeah but he should be over that by now."

"Yeah well I don't think he is."

"I might go check on him and see if he is ok."

"Ok and I'll go make us a coffee." Ricky said as the two of them got up and went inside going off in their separate directions.

5 minutes later…

Ricky had just poured the coffee into the mugs when Brax appeared beside her.

"Well that was a quick conversation." She said as she looked at her boyfriend.

"Well I knocked on the door and there was no answer so I went in to find him fast asleep." Brax explained to Ricky.

"Well that new."

"Not really Heath used to do it all the time when he was younger."

"Yeah but Heath was 17 and didn't sleep through a day on the weekend just on days when he had to go to school."

"True maybe he is just tired."

"Yeah maybe your right, but saying that I remember he did look pale when I came in from the shopping."

"Well there we go he was probably not feeling well which is why he didn't go out with Casey and it would also explain why he's asleep now."

"Yeah your right there's nothing to worry about he'll be fine once he has slept."

"You really need to stop worrying to much, Kyle seems like he can handle pretty much anything." Brax told her as he went back out the room to get changed.

3 hours and 30 minutes later…

Casey had returned from hanging out with his friends and was currently setting the table for dinner, while Ricky was cooking and Brax had gone to get something he left at the restaurant.

"Hey Casey, can I ask you something?" Ricky asked Casey.

Casey finished what he was doing and sat down: "Sure, what's up?"

"Well it's about Kyle."

"What about him?"

"Did he ask you if he could hang out with you and the others?"

"No why? He said he had homework to do so he was going to stay here, when I asked him if he wanted to come with me."

"So you did ask him because he told me that you didn't and that he didn't want to intrude."

"Did he?" Casey asked with a confused look on his face.

"Something smells good." Heath said as him and the rest of the family entered the house.

"I knew something was wrong Brax!" Ricky shouted as soon as she saw Brax stood beside Heath, Bianca and Darcy.

"What are you on about?" Brax asked her.

"Casey just told me he did ask Kyle if he wanted to go with him to the beach."

"Is that true Case?"

"Yeah I made sure to ask him as I didn't wan to hang out on his own but he told me he had homework which I know for fact he doesn't cause me and you saw him finish it last night, so I thought he might just want to chill around here on his own." Casey told the others.

"Can someone tell me what's going as I'm confused." Heath spoke up.

Darcy decided at that point to wind her dad up: "Your always confused dad is your permeant state."

"Darcy!" Bianca shouted at the girl who was currently laughing her head off.

Ricky looked at her friend and said: "SHHH!"

"Why?"

"Kyle's asleep."

"Still?" Brax asked Ricky.

"Yeah and I do think he isn't well Brax."

"Hmm maybe one of us should check on him?"

"Check on who?" came a voice from behind them.

"You lazy! But now your awake we don't have to so we can now sit and enjoy dinner." Brax told his brother.

"Ok!" Kyle said as he went and sat down with everyone looking at him.

Throughout dinner Ricky and Brax kept one eye each trained on Kyle to make sure he was ok. Which was the way the rest of the night carried on until everyone went off to bed.

During the night…

Ricky woke to the sound of running water from the bathroom down the hall, so she decided to go and investigate as she wasn't used to anyone being up at that time of the night.

As she approached the bathroom Kyle came out still looking pale.

"Hey are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm…" Kyle started to say before quickly running back in the bathroom and straight to the toilet where he was sick.

Ricky rushed over to him and rubbed his back: "So you are ill, I guess that explains why you lied to me and Casey about having homework to do and why you were asleep when Brax got back from work."

Kyle stopped throwing up and looked at her: "You knew?"

"I had an inkling that something was wrong when I saw how pale you were earlier."

"I'm sorry!"

"What you sorry for?"

"Well lying and being ill." Kyle said as he started to throw up again.

"Oh Kyle it's not your fault but I wish you had told us the truth so we could look after you."

The two of them sat in silence for another five minutes when Ricky thought it would be a good idea for Kyle to go back to bed and she could put a bucket in his room in case he was sick again.

In Kyle's room

"You can go back to bed now I should be fine now that I have everything I need." Kyle told her.

"Well tough because I'm not going anywhere so shut up, close your eyes and go to asleep." Ricky instructed Kyle.

Kyle deciding that it would be best not to argue, did what he was told and went to sleep with Ricky sat beside him in case he needed her.

Present time…

For some reason that memory made Ricky think about how much she really cared about Kyle. The way he didn't want anyone to know he was ill at the time had made her worry that something was really wrong but it just turned out that he did want his new found family to have to look after him when he was ill.

Chapter 70

Roo was currently sat holding Phoebe who still hadn't stopped crying over Kyle. She knew that this was normal as at her she was the same but for some reason she felt like Phoebe was crying due to something bigger than what was happening now. While she looked around the room her eyes fell on the empty coffee ups that were now sat disguarded on the table in front of her. The cups made her think back to the day she met Kyle Braxton.

Flashback 3 – 2 years ago…

It was a normal day for Roo, that started off with her getting ready and sorting he family out before she headed to work at the Diner where she would engage in another gossip session with her fellow workers and friends (Irene, Marilyn and Leah) about the going ons in the Bay.

On the way to the Diner

As Roo was walking towards the Diner along the small stretch of sand like she did every morning she noticed a teenager she had never seen before sat on the sand looking out at the water.

Roo continued past the boy who she could tell was in his world towards work.

In the Diner

Roo entered the Diner to find it as busy as it usually was at this time of the morning with people getting breakfast before they went off to school and work.

"Morning Roo." Came the calming voice of her friend as she walked into the kitchen area of the Diner.

"Morning Marilyn. Busy as usual I see." Roo replied.

"Of course but for some reason I enjoy it as it means we get to help everyone to start their day properly."

"Why doesn't that surprise me?" Roo asked as she headed back out towards the counter and till ready to serve the next customer.

Marilyn was right when Roo thought about it the morning shifts in the Diner always seemed to be the best as she always got to see the regulars before they went to work and school. Even though some of the customers were nearly her age or older they all seemed like his children who she had to feed with a good decent breakfast before she sent them packing and it was something that came natural to her.

4 hours later…

The Diner was quiet which it usually was ta this time of day which was peaceful between the hustle and bustle of the breakfast and lunch time rush.

The workers were sat at table have a cup of coffee or tea in Marilyn's case while talking about what was going on in the Bay when a stranger that none of them recognised walked in.

Roo got up from where she was sat and headed towards the till: "What can I get you love?"

"Hmmm, please may I have a chocolate milkshake while I decide on what I would like to eat?" The stranger asked.

"Of course you can if you just want to take table I'll bring it over and then you can pay when you order your food."

"Thank you."

The stranger who Roo noticed was the teenager from the beach moved away from the counter and over to a table not far from where the Diner ladies were sat.

Roo made the milkshake and took it over to the teen and asked: "There you go. Have you decided what you would like to eat yet?"

"Thank you and yes, please may I have bacon sandwich on white if possible?" He replied.

"Of course." Roo turned and looked at Irene who moved from the table and headed to the kitchen to make the sandwich. "That will be $6.75 please."

The teen handed Roo the money and she went back to the till, then returned back to the table to finish her drink.

"I wonder who he is?" Marilyn said to the ladies once Irene had returned from making the sandwich and serving it to the customer.

"He's probably just here on holiday with his family." Irene said to her.

"Yes but he should be in school Irene not holiday." Leah said to her friend.

"Leah is right maybe we should ask him what he is doing here instead of being at school like every other kid his age."

When the teen finished his breakfast he noticed four sets of eyes watching him so he asked: "May I help you with something?"

The four women looked at each surprised when Roo spoke up and said: "Yes we were just wondering what you were doing here in the Bay when everyone else your age is at school."

"Oh sorry, I've actually just moved to the Bay and don't start school till Monday so I thought I would look around and get used to the area so I wouldn't get completely lost."

"Oh well then I guess we should introduce ourselves. My name is Roo and this Marilyn, Irene and Leah." Roo said as she pointed around the table.

"My name is Kyle."

"Well hello Kyle, where are you from and when will we get to meet the rest of your family." Marilyn asked in her normal nosey way.

"Marilyn!" The three other ladies shouted.

Laughing Kyle said: "That's alright I'm from Melbourne and I think you might actually already know my family."

"Oh I've always wanted to visit Melbourne but never had a reason to and really how can we already know them if you just moved here?" Leah asked Kyle.

"My half brothers live here."

Irene looked at the young boy and said: "You aren't related to Heath Braxton by any chance?"

"Yeah I am actually, how did you guess?"

"You just look at lot like him that's all."

"Oh thanks I think." Kyle looked at her curiously.

"Does this mean we need to worry about more trouble in the Bay?" Roo asked him.

"No Roo you don't have to worry about any more trouble as I've already heard the stories about when my brothers first came to Summer Bay and you can rest assure that even though we are related I am definitely nothing like them."

"Oh good and does that have anything to do with you just sat on the sand instead of going for a surf."

"Sorry?"

"Oh I saw you on my way into work earlier just sat starring into space."

"Oh yeah, I can't really swim so it wouldn't be a good idea for me to be out on the water surfing." Kyle told them which shocked the women.

"Wow never thought we would ever meet a Braxton who didn't surf."

"Well I guess you have now." Kyle laughed as he got up "Anyway thanks for the lovely food and milkshake but I better go before Brax sends out a search party as he was taking to get my school uniform and by the way it was nice to meet you all."

With that Kyle got up and exited the Diner, leaving the women shocked to find there was actually an all round nice Braxton out there in the world.

Present time…

Roo remembered that day like it was yesterday. When she compares it to the day she met the other three Braxton's she had been shocked at how kind and nice Kyle was. Now she couldn't believe that there is a possibility that Kyle might die and she would never get to have another lovely conversation with him again in the Diner like they always did.

10 minutes ago, Kristen said:

Great two chapters

Loved the separate flashbacks Brax and Ricky had.

Hoping Kyle will make it through.

Update again soon :)

thanks i didn't want to do a collective one between them as i felt like they would both have different memories of Kyle that was special to them and you won't have tow it long for the next chapter as i have just posted it. :lol:

Chapter 71

Maddy's phone lit up with a new text message, from who she could only assume was her boyfriend checking in with her to see if there is any news on Kyle. She put her phone back in her pocket knowing she shouldn't be on it while in the hospital instead she thought back to the last time she had a text asking how Kyle was.

Flashback 4 – 1 year and 3 months ago…

Summer Bay High

It was the end of the day and the bell had just rung to signal the end of the lesson and also the end of the school day. Everyone in the classroom started packing their things away and left talking about what they were doing over the holidays.

"Hey who fancy heading to the Diner for end of term milkshakes?" Xavier asked his friends as they walked towards their lockers.

All the teens agreed as it was tradition to go get milkshakes when the term finished. Once everyone had gathered their things they started to walk out of the building when Kyle remembered he had left something in his locker.

Outside of the School

"Guys you go ahead and I'll catch you up," Kyle said as he turned away. "I've just left something in my locker which I need."

"Ok do you want us to order for you in case we get there before you can catch us up?" Casey asked his brother.

"Yes please." Kyle shouted back as the others watched him walk back towards the school.

Summer Bay High – Lockers

Kyle headed back into the now deserted building and made his way towards his locker. While he was rummaging through it trying to find his music book he heard a noise, but thinking it was just his mind playing tricks on him he went back to searching.

Eventually Kyle found what he was looking for and closed his locker then headed back out to meet his friends.

On the Street

Kyle put his earphones so he had something to distract him from the boring walk. As he walked along the path Kyle was totally oblivious to the group of lads that were currently following him.

The first time Kyle noticed that he was being followed was when he was sent flying forward and came into contact with the concrete pavement he had just been stood on. As he got back up he took his earphone out and left them hanging over the top of his school tie and turned round to come face to face with the three people he had been looking forward to getting away from.

Outside the Diner

"I wonder where Kyle is?" Evie said when they arrived at the Diner.

"Knowing my brother he probably has is earphones and is to busy listening to his music to make sure that he is going the right away." Casey said knowing what Kyle is like "Besides he'll get here eventually."

"So should we go in and order for him then?" Maddy asked, which was a stupid question when all her friends answered with a loud yes.

On the Street

"Did you have a nice trip Nerd?" One of the boys answered.

"That's a good one Danny." His friends said.

"I know right." Danny replied "Now Nerd I asked you question, answer it!"

Kyle looked at Danny: "No I didn't because the trip your thinking off is completely different to the kinda of trip you just did."

"What the hell are you on about freak boy?!"

"Nothing!"

"Good now what shall we do to you because we won't be seeing each other for at least two weeks?"

"I know Danny that's through him in a rubbish bin." One of the other boys said.

"For the love of God, Adam why do you always say that."

"Yeah Adam why do you always say that considering its not very original is it?" Kyle said which ended up with his face coming into contact with Adam's fist.

"Wow that was good punch Adam!" the other guy said.

"Thanks Stan!"

"I think Adam you just came up with a good idea." Danny said as he moved closer to Kyle.

Kyle gulped and turned to run but he was pushed over again by Danny who started to punch him repeatedly while Adam and Stan just stood and laughed all while recording the unfair fight.

Inside the Diner

45 minutes later…

The teens were all sat round a table surrounded by 12 empty milkshake glasses and one full glass.

"What is taking him so longer?" Sasha asked the others when Kyle still hadn't shown up.

While they were talking Danny, Adam and Stan walked in and order three hamburgers and cokes then sat down.

"I don't know it shouldn't take him this long." Casey said as he tried to talk over the three lads laughing their heads off.

"Can you three shut up?" Aden said as the laughter was starting to annoy them all.

Danny looked at Aden and said: "Why should we? It's a free world after all meaning we can do whatever we like."

"Well it might have something to do with that fact there is more than just you three here Danny." Maddy spoke up.

"Aww look Little Miss Princess thinks she can speak to us Danny!" Stan said all while laughing his head off as he turned back to Adam's phone which was playing a video.

Maddy started to get annoyed and before anyone had a chance to do anything she picked up Kyle's milkshake and through it all over Stan for calling her that.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

"FOR BEING YOU!" Maddy shouted back as she sat down beside Oscar.

Irene who had just seen what happened came running out the kitchen.

"You three need to leave now." She said to the boys.

"Why she was the one who went crazy and threw the milkshake all over me?"

"Because I'm the owner who jut witnessed everything and now I'm telling you to leave before I call the cops!" Irene said as she started to get angry.

Danny, Adam and Stan stood up and walked away laughing.

"I think you lot should go home now anyway." She spoke to the teens.

"We are just waiting for Kyle then we will leave Renie." Belle said as she looked up.

"No you're not you might have finished school for the half term but I can guarantee you all still have homework so go and get home now!" Irene spoke a bit louder as she pointed at the door.

All the teens stood up and left the Diner and headed off in their separate directions.

"Hey Casey let us know if you find Kyle!" they all shouted which was answered with a nod.

Braxton House

4 hours later…

Casey was starting to become worried as Kyle still hadn't turned up and he knew that he wouldn't be able to keep it from Brax for much longer, so he decided to message the others in there group chat.

Group Chat

Casey: Has anyone heard from Kyle?

All: No!

Josh: Has he still not turned up?

C: No and I'm worried this isn't like him!

Belle: Why don't we go look for him?

C: That's a great idea thanks Belle!

B: No problem we will each take a different place then we can message the group chat to say if we have found him or not.

With that Casey locked his phone and grabbed his keys then headed out deciding to take the path back to school.

In the Street

Group Chat

Maddy: me and Oscar have checked all our places and we couldn't find him sorry Casey.

All: Same sorry!

Casey: That's ok guys I'll let you know if I find him and thanks for the help.

All: No Problem

Casey put his phone back in his pocket and continued searching when he spotted someone in a school uniform sat on a bench.

"KYLE!" Casey shouted as he got closer.

Turning round Kyle saw Casey coming straight towards him.

"Kyle, where have you be…" Casey started to say when he stopped once he saw Kyle's face.

Noticing what Casey was looking act Kyle said: "It's nothing, I just fell over!"

"It looks like it?!"

"I swear it was!"

"Come on Kyle I know you didn't just fall over that's my job" Casey laughed as he tried to lighten the mood knowing that someone had done this to Kyle.

"Fine it was Danny, Adam and Stan they've been bullying me for that last 2 months, ever since I corrected him during Maths."

"I knew it!"

"What?"

"They came into the Diner while we were waiting for you and started laughing at something on one of their phones."

"Yeah Adam and Stan recorded the whole thing on their phones." Kyle said as he looked at the floor.

Casey looked at Kyle and said: "Come on let's get you home and cleaned up before Brax gets in."

Kyle stood up with help from Casey and the two of them walked home.

Braxton House

While Kyle was in the shower Casey logged on to the group chat to find a group of messages.

Group Chat

April: Has anyone heard anything on Kyle yet as I can't get through to Casey?

Maddy: Sorry April I haven't heard anything either.

All: No not yet!

A: What if something wrong?

Xavier: He will be fine!

Casey: Found him turns out the video Danny, Adam and Stan were watching was a video of Danny punching Kyle.

Tamara: Is he ok?

C: Yeah he's fine.

M: Are you sure? Is there anything we can do to help?

C: Not at the moment but thanks for helping me look for him and I'll talk to you lot later.

Caravan Park – Main House

Maddy finished speaking to the others and went back to having her dinner feeling happy that she now knew Kyle was safe even though he probably had a couple of bruises.

Present time…

When Maddy thought back to that she always remembered how that was the first time any of them were really worried about Kyle but it was nothing compared to how worried they all were now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, the author here I just want to say thank you for continuing to read my fanfiction and also for the lovely comments. Not to confuse anyone by the flashback in this one I'm just going to explain it now, in the first proper chapter I had said that Brax found Kyle 2 years ago but when this is set it is technically 3 years ago as Kyle had just turned 14 a two days before Brax found him and now that Kyle is 17 this would technically be 3 years later to be exact as Kyle's operation is happening in the late/early hours of the second day after his birthday. Anyway now that explanation is over, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 72

Tamara sat beside Maddy playing with the empty coffee cup that was still in her hands. While she was doing that Tamara started to think back to the day her opinion of Kyle changed completely.

Flashback 2 years and 5 months ago…

Braxton House

Kyle was in living room playing on the games console when Casey and Tamara walked though the front door.

"Hey guys!" Kyle shouted to them while trying to concentrate on winning the game he was playing.

Casey sat down and said: "Hey, have you just sat here all day?"

"Yeah had nothing else to do."

Tamara laughed and said: "Aww does Kyle have no friends?"

"TAMARA!" Casey shouted at her "She didn't mean that bro."

"No she did Casey you know she did!" Kyle said as he stood up and left the room.

"Why did you say that?"

"Aww come Case we all know its true I mean it's been five months and he still has no friends."

"Yeah I know that Tam but you don't need to keep reminding him. You didn't make friends with everyone straight away."

"Yeah but after five months I had friends he doesn't well apart from you that is."

"Yeah well Kyle seems to be a bit shy that's all and eventually he will make friends. Brax and Ricky aren't worried they understand it's going to take Kyle awhile to settle in properly."

"Casey when are you going to get that no one wants to make friends with the freak, even if he's your brother." Tamara said to her boyfriend, not realising that Heath and Brax had just walked in.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" Heath shouted at Tamara.

Both teens turned round to see the oldest Braxton's stood in the doorway.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" Heath shouted again but louder.

"Nothing." Tamara said.

"Well it didn't sound like it!" Brax shouted. "And why are you letting her talk about Kyle that way?"

"I told her to stop when she said to Kyle that he has no friends." Casey replied quickly.

"Really you let her say that to him? Where is he?" Heath asked.

"He went to his room."

"Tamara you need to leave right now and I will be calling Roo to let her know what's happened." Brax said to her.

"Why?" Tamara asked.

"Did she seriously just ask why?" Heath said to his brother.

Brax looked at Heath and then said: "I will be calling Roo because what you just said was uncalled for considering you don't even know Kyle and yet you are still calling him names. NOW LEAVE!"

"Brax she doesn't have to go as she's sorry aren't you?" Casey said.

"Yeah."

"No she's not Case and I think you can go to your room."

"BRAX!"

"No Casey to your room now and Tamara leave!" Brax said to the two teens now stood in front of him.

Casey and Tamara looked at each and said goodbye then Tamara quickly ran past the two older Braxton brothers and Casey stormed off to his room.

"I'll go check on Kyle, you get the beers." Heath said to Brax.

Heath lefted Brax to get the beers while he went to check on Kyle. Once outside his room he knocked and waited for an answer.

When there was no answer Heath opened the door to find Kyle's room empty and the window wide open.

"BRAX!" Heath shouted which sent Casey running out his room and Brax running out of the kitchen.

"What?" Brax said.

"Kyle's gone!"

"He went to his room Heath." Casey told him.

"Yeah well the window is open and his room is empty so he's gone."

"Come we better go find him!" Brax said as he turned round and walked back into the kitchen to put the beers back in the fridge.

As the two older brothers walked towards the door Brax shouted: "That means you too Casey!"

"You just told me to go to my room and stay there?" Casey told him.

"Yes but Kyle is missing and that means we all need to split up and find him."

"I'll call Bianca after all she's with Ricky so they can go look as well!" Heath said as he took his phone out and started dialling.

"Good idea let' go!" Brax said as all three Braxton brothers split up to search for Kyle.

The Pier

Kyle was sat on the pier watching the boats out on the water and thinking to himself.

I don't understand why she needs to be so mean! I haven't done anything to her, heck I don't even know her. The fact she actually called me a freak is just plain cruel. I don't understand why she thinks I'm freak she doesn't know anything about me, I could understand if she knew about my disease but she doesn't! All I'm trying to do is fit in and make new friends but that's a little hard when her and actually for that matter all of Casey's other friends don't even want to give me the time of day. It's so annoying when I'm with Casey and they are all talking to one another but that lot just carry on like I'm invisible! Why is it always me?

While Kyle was on the pier Tamara was walking along the beach towards the Diner where she would find Roo who was probably going to string her a life. As she got closer to the Bait shop and the Diner she could just make out Kyle sat on the pier starring into the distance and thought she would have some fun.

Once she got near to Kyle she pounced which give Kyle the shock of his life.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Kyle shouted when he stood up and turned round.

"Aww was the freak scared?" Tamara asked while laughing.

"No I wasn't but that can actually kill people you know?"

"Well I wouldn't know something like that as I'm not a nerd."

"Stop calling me that!"

"But you are a nerd!"

"Just because I'm good at school does not make me a nerd!"

"Fine then freak!"

"And stop calling me that as well!" Kyle looked her and then suddenly stepped back and grabbed hold of the railing just stop himself from falling over.

Tamara looked at him as he did and instantly became worried as she didn't expect him to do that: "Are you ok?"

Kyle looked up at her as he slid down into a sitting position: "Why do you care?"

"Because you nearly fainted."

"No I didn't!"

"Yeah you did!"

"Well I'm fine so just leave me alone!"

"You're not fine obviously do you want me to call Brax?"

"NO!" Kyle quickly shouted with a look of worry on his face "I'm fine now."

"Ok then!" Tamara said as she sat down beside him.

Looking at Kyle she sensed that he was hiding something but she didn't want to say anything after all why would he tell her after the way she had treated him only two minutes before.

"You know you can be really good a maths." Kyle said out of no where.

"Excuse me?!" She replied.

"I said if you got a tutor, you would be great at maths no problem."

"I don't need a tutor!"

"Yes you do and I'd help you if you want."

"You want to help me?" Tamara looked at him confused "After the way I have treated you?"

"Well you need help and just because your being mean to me doesn't mean you should fail maths when I can help."

"Really?"

"Yeah I'm great at maths so I don't mind."

"Ok then. Thanks I'm terrible at all the algebra stuff we are doing; it makes no sense."

"No problem however there is two conditions." Kyle said to her.

"Ok what are they?"

"1) You stop being mean to me as I have never done anything to you."

"Ok then fine I'll stop and I'm sorry. What's the other one?"

"2) You promise not to tell Brax about what just happened actually you can't tell anyone. Also thanks!"

"Fine but are you sure your…"

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" Came a shout from the other end of the pier.

Heath was making his way towards them thinking she was picking on Kyle again and not realising she was actually being nice to him.

"Heath it's fine!" Kyle shouted to his brother.

Heath stood in front of the two teens and said: "No isn't fine Kyle considering she has been calling you names!"

"I've just apologised!" Tamara said to Heath.

"I bet you have!"

"It's try Heath she just apologised to me." Kyle said looking up at his brother.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes would I have any reason to lie to you?"

"Not really."

"Well then, anyway it's nearly dinner time so shouldn't we go Heath?"

Heath looked at Tamara and then Kyle who was getting up from where he had just been sat: "Ok and yeah we better go."

With that the two brothers left Tamara to sit on the pier and wonder what was really wrong with Kyle and why she couldn't mention what she had just seen.

Present time…

When Tamara thought back to that day she realised she never had got figure out what was wrong with Kyle because she had completely forgot about but she was grateful for the help she gets every week from him with her maths as she has seen that with just his help her maths had become better over time.

Chapter 73

Casey was sat starring at the doorway praying that Kyle would be ok, even though what happened wasn't his fault Casey couldn't help but feel responsible as he was meant to look after Kyle just the way that Heath and Brax look after him. This made him think back to only five weeks before when he was irresponsible and got in trouble.

Flashback – 5 weeks earlier…

Angelos

Kyle was at the bar cashing up a customer's bill when Casey approached him.

"Hey Case." Kyle said to him.

"Hey Kyle, can you do something for me?" Casey asked him.

"Well I know I promised Brax that I would work tonight but there's this film on in Yabbie Creek, which me and Matt have been wanting to see. So is there anyway you can cover my shift tonight and just tell Brax that me and Matt are working on a project at the library."

"Case I'm sorry but I have been working all week and need a night off as I'm exhausted."

"Come on Kyle please Brax will allow it if you tell him that."

"And what do I say when you don't come home after this visit to the library?"

"I'm crashing at Matt's. So please will you cover for me?"

Kyle looked at Casey knowing that he had been defeated: "Fine but you are having my shifts for the next two days."

"Thank you anyway I will see you later." Casey said as he took off to meet Matt.

Kyle watched as Casey left knowing full well that he should have told Casey no as he had a feeling tonight was not going to end well.

Six hours later…

Kyle was cleaning a table when Brax entered the restaurant expecting to see Casey and not Kyle.

"Oh mate was Casey?" Brax asked his younger brother.

"Him and Matt had to do a project for school so he is at the library." Kyle told hoping Brax believed him.

"Are you sure Kyle because I don't want Casey taking advantage. Plus, you have been working all week and earned the night off to hang out with your friends or maybe just Phoebe."

"I'm sure Brax and honestly I know how important mine and Case's schooling is to you so I said it would be fine and he said that he would do my shifts for the next two nights to make up for it. Also, Phoebe is actually here keeping me company."

"Well thanks mate and really where is she?"

"Helping out while Ben is on his break."

"Ok cool well I'm going to go meet Ricky at the Diner but I will be back at closing, ok?" Brax said to Kyle.

"Ok see you later." Kyle replied as he went back to clearing the table.

Yabbie Creek – Cinema

Casey and Matt where just buying their tickets when Tamara and Sasha appeared ready for their double date.

"This is good of Kyle to swap shifts with you Case." Tamara said to her boyfriend not knowing that Casey never mentioned that he and Matt were taking the girls out.

"Yeah it was and he said he would tell Brax that we are at the library studying." Casey told the other just in case Brax asked them.

With that they all headed to buy food and drinks then headed into watch the film.

Angelos

1 hour later…

The last customers were just leaving as Kyle started to clean away their plates.

"Hey so why exactly couldn't Casey be doing this?" Phoebe asked her boyfriend as she helped him with the table.

"Like I said before him and Matt are seeing a film in Yabbie Creek but Brax doesn't know so if he asks they are studying." Kyle told her but noticed the odd look on his girlfriend's face "What?"

"Well I heard Tamara tell Sasha that she couldn't wait for their double date tonight."

"Are you sure because Casey said it was just him and Matt?"

"Yeah I'm sure."

"Well nice to know that Casey lied to me."

"Aww I'm sorry babe I shouldn't have said anything."

"No it's ok you were only telling me the truth something that Casey obviously couldn't." Kyle answered her.

Phoebe moved round the table and give Kyle a hug but instantly moved back: "Kyle are you feeling ok?"

"Yeah why?" Kyle asked her trying to play down that he was fine.

"Because your burning up."

"I'm fine."

"Ok but you would tell me if you weren't right."

"You know I would."

Phoebe looked at him and nodded her head as she picked the plates up and went to load the dishwasher in the kitchen while Kyle went to cash up the till.

While Kyle was cashing up the till he suddenly felt dizzy, waving it off as nothing he continued to cash up the till but the dizzy sensation started to get more intense until he collapsed on the floor with a thud.

Phoebe who was still in the kitchen heard the thud and ran out to find Kyle on the floor not moving. She tried to wake him up but nothing worked then she heard footsteps and Brax and Ricky's voices coming up the stairs.

"BRAX!" Phoebe shouted.

Brax and Ricky looked at each when they heard the scream and quickly ran to investigate. When they arrived they found the place empty except for Phoebe who was sat on the floor.

"Pheebs what did you shou…" Brax asked as he approached but stopped when he say Kyle out cold on the floor. "What happened?"

"I don't know he was burning up earlier but he said he was fine so I went to fill the dishwasher when I heard a thud and I came out and found him like this." Phoebe said while trying to hold back the tears.

While Phoebe was explaining to Brax and Ricky what had happened Kyle was starting to come round and quickly forced his eyes open.

"Guys he waking up!" Ricky shouted which made the other two look at Kyle.

"Hey mate don't move." Brax told his brother.

Kyle looked at him and then started to speak as he tried to sit up: "I'm fine really."

"You're not fine Kyle." Phoebe said to him.

"She's right Kyle, you collapsed it might be something serious." Ricky said to him.

"I think we should get you to the hospital to check you over as Pheebs said she heard a thud which means you might have bashed your head."

"No Brax honestly I'm fine. I forgot to have a break so I haven't eaten since breakfast and plus I'm exhausted so I don't need to go anywhere but home."

"Come on Kyle you need to be checked over."

"Please Brax I'm fine!"

Brax looked at Kyle knowing that he is probably going against Kyle's best interests said: "Fine but you are taking the next week off and no buts, you have been working to much that I think it's time that Casey actually did some more around this place while the gym is shut for refurbishment."

With that he helped Kyle get up and helped him out to the ute with Phoebe following while Ricky said she would finish cashing up and lock the place up.

Braxton House – Kyle's bedroom

45 minutes later…

Phoebe was sat beside Kyle on his bed with two empty plates beside them while watching the TV.

"Are you going to tell me what's really going on?" Phoebe asked him.

"Pheebs please don't do this." Kyle told her not wanting to get into a certain discussion again.

"No we are going to talk about this because the last time this happened you forgot to take your medication."

Kyle looked at her and spoke: "Ok maybe because I was so busy this morning and earlier at the restaurant I may have forgot to take them."

"Kyle you can't forget to take them after all weren't you the one that told me it was important to not miss any."

"I know I did but I forgot Phoebe it does happen."

Phoebe looked at Kyle then asked: "Does Brax even know?"

"No and Phoebe you can't tell him I'm begging you."

"He needs to know and what about every time we go to Melbourne what do they think we are doing?"

"Visiting friends and family."

"God sake Kyle did you not listen to Dr Thomas at your last appointment."

"Of course I listened!" Kyle shouted "I just don't want them to know after all dad knew but he said that all it did was make me weak and a waste of space and I don't want them to think that of me either."

"Kyle, your dad was loser and I don't think your brothers would treat you like that. I personally think they would act the opposite and would want to help."

"Well I'm sorry Pheebs I don't want to take that risk so please just drop it and promise me you won't say anything." Kyle asked his girlfriend using the puppy dog eyes that she always fell for.

"Fine I promise just as long as you look after yourself better." Phoebe said to which got a response of Kyle's head nodding.

Braxton House – Living Room

While Kyle and Phoebe were talking about what had happened Brax and Ricky were sat on the sofa watching TV.

"Do you think he's ok?" Ricky asked Brax.

"Well he says he and like he said it was probably down to the fact he hadn't eaten since breakfast and that he was tired." Brax said to her.

Just the Casey walked in after enjoying the double date and the film.

"Where the hell have you been?" Brax asked him noticing the lack of bag and books.

"At the library with Matt, Tamara and Sasha studying for a project. Didn't Kyle tell you?" Casey replied.

"Before or after he collapsed?"

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah your brother collapsed earlier due to lack of food and sleep."

"Is he ok?"

"Luckily he is fine but your working for the next two weeks no question and your ground for a week after that."

"WHAT FOR?!"

"Well for starters Kyle said you were with just Matt and also there is the fact you have nothing with you that would help you study."

"Brax it's not what you think."

"Really because what I think happened is that you and your friends went to that new film you have been banging on about for last four days and caused Kyle to collapse. Is that right?"

Casey just starred at Brax knowing that it was pointless trying to even say anything.

"I can't believe how irresponsible you have been tonight Casey now just get out of my sight!" Brax shouted.

Casey went to his bedroom feeling angry with himself for what happened to Kyle knowing that he could have prevented it.

Present time…

When Casey thought back he knew that Brax had been right and promised himself that he would look after Kyle but he failed to do that knowing that Kyle was currently fighting for his life and that in Casey's eyes was also his fault.

Chapter 74

Phoebe was still crying thinking about all the important moments in her life and they all seemed to involve Kyle in some form or another. For some reason she knew that Roo felt like the amount she was crying was due to another reason and she would be right considering she was thinking back to the day Kyle had told her about the serious condition he was living with.

Flashback – 4 years ago…

Melbourne – random park

Phoebe was hanging out at the park like she always did at this time of the day. She was waiting for Kyle who for some reason was late which for him was normal but not this late and she had a feeling that something was wrong.

Hospital – Dr Thomas' office

Kyle was sat with his mum and dad in Dr Thomas' office like they always did every six months.

"So Kyle how have you been since last time I saw you?" Dr Thomas asked.

"Fine!" Kyle replied while looking at the time knowing that he was going to be late.

"Come on son I know you have to be somewhere but this is important." William Taylor said to Kyle.

"but dad what I said was try I've been fine since we were last here."

"Am I missing something?" the doctor asked as he looked at Kyle.

Louise Taylor spoke up before Kyle had a chance to say anything: "Just your usual teenage problems Doctor. See Kyle just got his first girlfriend and he is meant to be meeting her soon."

"Ahh I see, well Kyle if you answer my questions properly. I promise that I will do the check up as quick as possible as I remember what I was like when I entered my first relationship with the girl that would become my wife.

Kyle nodded his head as he was to embarrassed to speak after his mum blurted out his big news to his doctor.

"Ok then how have you been since you went home on Thursday?"

"I've been feeling a bit better now that I'm at home instead of being prodded with needles every two seconds."

Doctor Thomas continued to ask Kyle a series of questions before he check him over.

Melbourne – Random Park

1 hour later…

Phoebe was still sat waiting for Kyle when she saw him running towards her.

"What took you so long?" She asked him angrily.

"Sorry Pheebs I had an appointment." Kyle said to her.

"I doubt it! You know if you didn't want to meet me today you could have just said but no you decide that making me sit here for nearly two hours was better."

"I did want to meet you today Phoebe otherwise I would have said and I was telling you the truth I had an appointment."

"With who?"

"What?"

"Who was your appointment with?"

"My doctor." Kyle said as he sat down beside her.

"Why?" Phoebe looked at him with a worried look on her face "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing is wrong with me!"

"Then why did you have a doctor's appointment if there's nothing wrong with you?"

"I just did!" Kyle shouted her before instantly regretting it.

"There's no need to shout at me. I'm just worried about you considering you missed school for all week."

"I explained that though and I'm sorry."

"You said you were on holiday but Noah said that he saw your parents coming out of your house during the week and I saw Callie two days ago so I know your lying."

"I was with my real dad."

"Kyle you told me your dad was only allowed to see you through supervised visits. So tell me the truth what's really going on?"

Kyle looked at his feet knowing that he had to tell her but as soon as he did she would treat him the way everyone else did as an invalid, and he didn't want his girlfriend to do the same thing.

"Kyle I'm waiting!" Phoebe said while tapping her foot on the floor.

Kyle looked up at her and sighed: "Fine I will tell but you have to promise me that you won't let I affect the way you treat me and that you won't tell anyone else what I'm about to tell you?!"

"Ok I promise now what's going on as your starting to scare me?"

"I lied about being on holiday instead I've been at the hospital since Saturday as I collapsed and couldn't breathe properly."

"Oh MY GOD! Why didn't you call or text me and I would have come and seen you?"

"Because I'm used to Pheebs and I didn't want you to see me like that."

"What do you mean your used to it and what did the doctors say about why you couldn't breathe and collapsed?"

"Because I've been dealing with this my whole life constantly ill when I was little and no one knew why until I was six then they found out the reason why and they said I was anaemic."

"Why have you been dealing with it your whole life?"

Kyle looked away again feeling like he couldn't tell her but knew she would continue to push until she found out what was going on: "Phoebe I'm suffering from something called CKD or Chronic Kidney Disease."

Phoebe looked at him speechless as she wasn't expecting him to say that.

"It basically means that I have a problem with my kidneys and that in the future I am going to need a kidney transplant but at the moment I'm on medication that I have to take every morning and night."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" Phoebe said as she could feel a tear slip down her face.

"Because I didn't want the only person in my life who didn't know to end up treating me like everyone else, like I can't do anything for myself. But when I'm with you it's different because you didn't know and you treated me like I was everyone else just a normal person with no problems."

"Kyle I would never have treated you like that."

"But I didn't know that Pheebs and you make me laugh even if I'm not feeling well like when you sent those pictures on Tuesday."

"They were funny weren't they?" Phoebe laughed "Well Kyle I'm glad you told me because I feel like I finally understand why your foster family are the way they are."

Kyle knew what was about to happen as it always does when someone finds out: "Look Phoebe you don't have to say anything ok because I get it you want to help me and look after me if I'm not well so maybe we should call this a day as I don't want another person to treat me like that."

"Kyle I promise I won't treat you like everyone else because this doesn't change my opinion of you as to me you are still the guy I meet in the music room on his first day of school just trying to hide from everyone by playing on one of the guitars."

"You promise?"

"I promise but just so you know it is accustom in every relationship for each person to care about the other." Phoebe laughed trying to make Kyle smile "I love you Kyle Bennett."

"Ok you can worry about me a little bit and I love you too Phoebe Nicholson!" Kyle replied.

Present time…

When she thought back to that day Phoebe felt like she should tell Brax but knew that she would be breaking Kyle's trust and she also knew that Nate would see it anyway when he took a proper look at Kyle's medical file.

Suddenly the waiting room door opened….

Hello, the author here just wanted to say thank you for the lovely comments yet again and I can’t tell how nice it is to read them all and know that people are still reading this incredibly long piece of fanfiction and I apologise in advance for there being no end in sight. Anyway here’s the next chapter (which is continuing on directly from where the last one ended).

Chapter 75

…And in walked Heath and Bianca. Everyone looked at them and their faces dropped.

"Jesu! Don't all greet us at once!" Heath said as the others went back to where they had been sitting.

"Sorry Mate, we were hoping you were Nate." Ricky replied as she hugged Bianca.

Bianca turned to Brax and said: "Irene called and said that there had been and accident and said that Kyle was seriously hurt, so as you can imagine this one drove as quick as he could to get here, pretty much broke the speed records."

Brax stood back up and answered: "Yeah and last time we heard anything Nate give me some forms to sign and then rushed off to operate on Kyle. Also why doesn't that surprise me?"

"Is he going to be ok?" Heath asked obviously worried "And I don't know what you mean but my family was hurt I came running!"

"We don't know but his heart stopped at least three times and then Nate said he was suffering from internal bleeding and that his arm needed repairing as he had damaged it."

Bianca looked at Brax and said: "Oh God, poor Kyle! He will be fine after all this Kyle we are talking about."

Roo spoke up after listening to the them: "Bianca is right; Kyle will get through this."

"Thanks Roo!" Brax said.

With that everyone sat back and waited.

3 hours later…

Everyone was sat quietly when Heath stood up and said: "What is taking so long?"

Brax looked up and said to his brother: "It is taking so long because they are trying to save our brother and I don't know about you but I'd rather they took as long as they needed instead of rushing and end up killing him."

Heath just looked at Brax and sat back thinking it would be better not to argue with his older brother. As Brax went to sit back down the door to waiting room opened again.

Everyone stood up and looked at the door just as Nate entered the room where he was suddenly faced with a lot of questions.

"How is he?"

"Is Kyle ok?"

"What took so long?"

"Where is he?"

"Can I see him?"

Nate put his hands up to get everyone to stop speaking and then he said: "Now that you have all shut up I can speak."

"Sorry Nate, is he Kyle going to be ok?" Brax asked.

"We managed to stop the bleeding once we found the source which did take awhile due to the amount of blood. The orthopaedic surgeon has managed to set Kyle's arm which was placed in cast and he shouldn't have any serious complications."

Everyone started celebrating by hugging each other when Ricky noticed the look on Nate's face.

"Nate, what's wrong?" Ricky asked causing everyone to stop celebrating and look at Nate.

Nate replies to Ricky: "Well I said we were able to stop the bleeding eventually but during the operation Kyle's heart stopped again. This is why this surgery took longer than we expected as it took us nearly six minutes to get his heart started again."

"Why did his heart stop again?" Bianca asked.

"We think this is due to the amount of blood Kyle had lost." Nate said but his face still didn't change.

Casey looked at Nate and said: "There's something else isn't there?"

"Yeah there is. Even though we managed to get Kyle's heart started again and even though he is breathing on his own I'm concerned about how long it is taking Kyle to wake up. Normally people in Kyle's condition wake up anywhere between thirty minutes to an hour however it's been over an hour and he hasn't woken up yet which is another reason why I didn't come and let you know how he was straight away."

Phoebe immediately started crying again as soon as Nate had started speaking. Maddy and Tamara moved from where they were standing and went over to her to try and calm here down again.

Roo turned away from the three girls and looked at Nate: "So what exactly is taking Kyle so long to wake up?"

"That's the thing, we can't find any reason for him to still be unconscious."

Heath not taking that for answer shouted: "How can you not know? This is meant to be your job!"

Nate understanding how they were all feeling said calmly: "There is many different reasons that could be preventing Kyle from waking up for example has Kyle been ill lately?"

Brax went to say no but then remembered the incident five weeks earlier: "I don't know if this has anything to but Kyle collapsed about five weeks ago at the restaurant but he said he was fine and we put down to how hard he had been working and that he missed lunch and dinner."

"Well that's probably the reason why collapsed and won't have any reason to do with why he isn't waking up now. Is there anything else you can think of?"

Maddy said to Nate: "He did have a panic attack while were camping in the National Park. If that helps?"

As soon as Maddy had mentioned the National Park Casey quickly said: "Oh no!"

This caused everyone to look at him, then Brax said: "What is it Casey and don't you lie to me or your grounded again?"

Not wanting to be grounded again Casey told them about how when he was teaching Kyle to surf but he fell off and disappeared under the water. Casey made a point to say that Kyle hadn't been under the water for that long and that he fine other than the fact he looked as pale as a ghost.

As soon as Casey finished speaking Nate suggested: "If he fell off and disappeared like Casey said it is possible that Kyle may have inhaled some water but that shouldn't be causing any problems now if he was fine hours after it happened. What can you tell me about the panic attack that Kyle suffered?"

Phoebe spoke up for the first time since Nate appeared and she explained about all the pranks that the girls had played on the boys and how that the panic attack was caused by his fear of snakes after been bitten by one and that he suffered from a severe allergic reaction to it.

"Phoebe are you sure that Kyle told you that?" Nate quizzed the teen.

"Yeah why?"

"Well none of what you just told me was in Kyle's medical file." Nate said to them "Did you know about Kyle's allergic reaction to snake bites?"

Brax looked at Nate and said: "No, this is the first I'm hearing of it."

Nate was about to speak when Phoebe interrupts him and asks: "Can I go see Kyle now?"

Nate knowing that Phoebe was just going to keep asking turned and said: "Yes you can seem him now. He's just down the hall in room 4."

With that Phoebe took off down the hall with the others following her while Nate went off to check Kyle's medical file again just in case he missed the information Phoebe gave him.

Just a short filter chapter

Chapter 76

Kyle's Hospital Room

As Phoebe entered the room she suddenly became aware of all the machines surrounding her boyfriend.

Hannah (who had just finished her shift for the night had decided to stay at the hospital to help out after with Kyle while Denny took the twins home), notices Phoebe stood in the doorway.

"You don't have to be scared you know." Hannah told the girl.

"It's a bit hard when my boyfriend is surrounded by all these machines." Phoebe tells her.

"Well put it this way all these machines are just here to help Kyle get better." Hannah replied. "I've just got to go check on another patient but if you need anything come and find me."

"Thanks Hannah." Phoebe said as Hannah left room only to have everyone else appear.

Noticing the time Roo turns to the girls and says: "I think it's time that I take you three home to get some sleep and then you can all come back later."

Tamara and Maddy go to move while Phoebe stays were she is holding Kyle's hand.

"Come on Phoebe." Roo says to the young girl.

"I don't want to leave Roo as I want to be here when he wakes up." Phoebe says to her.

Brax move closer to the bed and says: "Phoebe if you go home now I promise that if there is any change I will call Roo and let her know."

Phoebe looks at him in the eyes and says: "You promise?"

"Yes I promise."

"Ok then." Phoebe bends over and kisses Kyle on the lips then follows Roo and the other two girls out the door.

Nate's Office

While Kyle's family was sat around watching the machines to make sure that nothing bad happens to Kyle, Nate was sat at his desk searching through Kyle's medical file again.

As Nate went through the file he started to notice that there were countless pages missing and not just the one that has the allergy on it. Nate realised that all the pages that were missing seemed to be from different points in Kyle's life since he was six years old till now.

Once he had finished searching through the file and checking to make sure that the pages just hadn't been misplaced or dropped out of the file he quickly realised he was going to have to investigate further by talking to Kyle's family and friends.

Kyle's Hospital Room

"I don't get it." Heath said breaking the silence.

"Don't get what?" Casey asked him.

"Well, why didn't Kyle tell us about the snake thing considering he is allergic to snake bites."

"Kyle is a private person Heath, you know that." Ricky reminded him.

"Yeah but that still doesn't explain why he didn't tell us." Heath said to them again.

"It's probably the same reason he didn't tell us about him being in foster care." As soon as that left Casey's mouth he instantly regretted it.

Chapter 77

Everyone looked at Casey as soon as that came out of his mouth well almost everyone, Ricky looked at Kyle instead.

"Casey, what do you mean by foster care?" Brax demanded.

Knowing that he didn't have choice by betraying Kyle's trust he said to Brax: "He has been in three different homes since he was six."

"THREE?!" Ricky shouted completely shocked by the number.

Brax turns to her and says: "You knew and didn't say anything."

"Phoebe told me by accident that Kyle had been in care but she didn't tell me much than that, I swear Brax." Ricky says to her boyfriend then turns to his brother "How do you know Casey?"

With that Casey started to tell them everything that Kyle had told him which included who Kyle had let it slip after the surfing accident then how all the teens had decided to dig into Kyle's life before coming to the Bay all the way up to when they found out someone was after him.

Heath and Brax just look at Casey and say at the same time: "Who is after Kyle and why are they after him?"

Casey speaks: "He told me that his uncle murdered his mother and then told him to stay quiet or he would kill him too which was when Kyle was placed in foster care as his uncle went on the run and dad didn't want him. Kyle thought his uncle was dead till he showed up, turns out his uncle killed Kyle's mum due to her being left money by their father but killing her, he thought that he would automatically get the money however Kyle's mum made a will stating that if anything happened to her Kyle would get the money so to get the money he had to kill Kyle."

Just as Bianca was about to say something the conversation was interrupted by Nate entering the room.

"Did you find the page eventually?" Bianca asks him.

Nate puts Kyle's file on the table and says: "No unfortunately I didn't however I did find that there were even more pages missing."

Bianca looks at him: "How can there be more pages missing?"

"I don't know but all the pages that are missing from Kyle's file are spread over the last eleven years since the snake bite incident when Kyle was six years old."

Casey pipes up: "That was when Kyle was in foster care."

Butting in Heath says to Nate: "Is it not just possible that Kyle didn't need to see a doctor then because he wasn't ill or injured which is why they aren't in the fine?"

Shocked to find out that the youngest Braxton brother was in care he says: "No that isn't possible due to the fact that every page in a person's medical file is numbered in the likely event that something like this did happen. Is it possible that Phoebe might know anything about Kyle's health?"

Casey looks at Nate: "She probably won't Nate considering she didn't know about the allergy till the other day so I highly doubt she knows anything else."

Nate just looks at the others who all shake their heads, when Bianca suggests: "What about when Kyle and Phoebe go to Melbourne?"

Nate asks: "When do they go?"

"Every six months but that shouldn't have anything to do with." Brax tells him remember that it was always at the same time every six months.

Ricky speaks before Nate has a chance to: "Yeah Brax is right Nate that won't have anything to do with it as they only go to see their friends and Phoebe's mam and dad."

While they were all talking no one had noticed that Kyle's vitals had started to drop slowly.

Just as Heath was about to say something a noise filled the room and Nate started to push everyone back out the room.

Archived