The Camping Trip

AtlantaG1912

Chapter 43

In the bushes on the way to the Activity Centre

Kyle and Aden (who were on their way to the activity centre) were laughing and carrying on.

"You can't seriously think that Hawaiian is the best pizza in the world." Kyle said to his best mate with a look of disgust.

"Well it's better than a plain, boring, old everyday margarita pizza." Aden said.

"I can because pineapple does not belong on a pizza at all."

"Well it does and guess what?"

"What?"

"Its amazing!" Aden shouted to his friend.

The conversation on whether or not pineapple belongs on pizza is a running debate between the two friends and showed no signs ever stopping.

15 minutes later…

The two of them were still debating the topic of pineapple on pizza when they stumbled upon another campsite.

"Hey, it looks like we aren't the only ones who decided to go camping in this part of the National Park." Aden said to Kyle as he pointed at the campsite.

"I for one am actually happy we aren't the only ones." Kyle said looking at the campsite.

"Why?"

"Well for 1) it might be useful to have someone else out here in case we every need any help with something and 2) it might help explain what Casey and Phoebe keep hearing."

"Yeah I agree. I especially agree with your second point mate, considering if this person once to go the lake he actually has to go past our campsite."

"Exactly!" Kyle replied "Do you think we should tell them?"

"Nah, I think it would be funnier if we didn't and they keep hearing strange noises and we all keep blaming it on the animals." Aden laughed.

The two friends continued past the campsite laughing about how funny it will be when Casey and Phoebe find out the reason for all the strange noises.

At the Car park

Ray who was completely oblivious to the fact that Kyle and Aden had just found his campsite, was stood in the car park to the National Park waiting for his boss to arrive.

Ray who had been on the way to teens' campsite received a text message from his boss saying that he would be there soon and to meet him in the car park. That had been over an hour ago and his boss still hadn't shown up.

Do I text him and ask if he's nearly here or do I just wait and pray he shows up soon as this means I can go home eventually? 

Ray thought to himself while looking between phone and the entrance to the National Park.

I actually think I should wait and not text him considering he told me to stop annoying him last time and I do want to him show up not delay him any further than he already is.

Ray was broken from his trail of thought when he heard a car pull up beside him and guy get out.

"Hi Derek."

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys thanks for the lovely comments again. Anyway here's the next chapter and it is a short chapter as it only meant to be a filler and i'm having to rewrite this chapter from memory.

Chapter 44

"Hi Derek."

"Ray, how are things?" Derek asked his employee.

"Well, I'm bored and want to go home." Ray replied.

"That is not what I meant you idiot!"

"Oh then what did you mean?"

"Honestly, do I need to spell out everything you?" Derek asked angrily.

"Oh you meant the kid."

"Yes I meant the kid!"

"Oh he's a lot like his mother boss from what you have told me anyway."

"Great and what else is there that you can tell me about him then?"

"Well Kyle has three older brothers however one of them is here with him but from what I've found out he's only two months older than Kyle."

"What's this brother called then?"

"Casey sir."

"Hmmm by any chance is his last name Braxton?"

"Yes boss. Oh and so is Kyles'."

"What!"

"Kyle's last name is Braxton not Bennett. That is why it took so long for me to track him down."

"Let me guess he changed it when he found his brothers!"

"I guess so boss and it also seems that the oldest brother is Kyle's guardian as well."

"Well this just keeps getting better and better."

"Why boss?"

"Because that means Danny Braxton isn't on the scene so there will be less trouble getting to Kyle this time."

"This time?"

"Yes this time. I haven't told you have I Ray?"

"I'm confused boss haven't told me what?"

"I went after Kyle once before."

"Really! When?"

"Just before his 9th birthday he had been at the beach with Danny Braxton. Danny wasn't looking and I tried to take Kyle but then Kyle screamed and Danny must have recognised me and he chased after me and I left."

"Well you definitely never told me that6 before Derek."

"This why everything is so planned out this time as I don't want any more mistakes you got it?"

"Yes boss!" Ray shouted.

"Good, now tell me everything and I mean everything that you have found out. I want his whole life story starting from the day I murdered his mother." Derek told Ray.

Ray started to tell Ray everything he had learned about Kyle so far and he made sure that he went into detail.

1 hour later…

After Ray had finished telling Derek everything about Kyle, he turned to Derek and said: "Well that's everything boss so I'll just go and get my stuff from my campsite and then I'll be on my way home."

"Oh, I'm not done with you yet Ray."

"Boss, my wife and kids will be missing me."

"And your point is?" Derek asked him "I need you here to help us all out as Paul was an idiot and got himself arrested. So I need to replace him and that person is going to be you. You don't want anything to happen to that family of yours do you?"

Knowing what Derek could do Ray agreed thinking it was best all round.

Chapter 45

At the Activity Centre

Unaware of who had just arrived at the National Park, Kyle and Aden had eventually made it to the Activity Centre and were disappointed.

"Typical, the day we decide to go rock climbing the centre is shut," Aden said to Kyle "What shall we do now?"

Kyle was looking at the opening times on the door to the Activity Centre: "I guess we head back to the camp and come back here tomorrow instead."

"The guys are going to be so annoyed now." Aden answered.

"Why it's not like this is our fault is it?" Kyle replied

"True so I guess we should head back and tell them the news then."

With that the two friends turned round and headed back into the bush in the direction of camp.

Somewhere in the bushes

Kyle and Aden had been walking in silence since they left the Activity Centre, when Aden decided to break it: "So Kyle I was wondering."

Kyle stopped and looked at him: "Wow! That must be a strange thing for you."

"Hey that's not funny!"

"Sorry Aden but it is." Kyle said as he laughed "Anyway what were you wondering?"

"Well I wondering if you are okay now?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know after the whole snake prank that the girls played on us as you were pretty shaken up mate."

"Oh that! Yeah I'm completely fine now, so can we drop it please." Kyle asked as he didn't want anyone else to know the big secret that he was hiding from everyone.

"Ok then. Can I ask you something else then?"

"What?!"

"How did you end up in foster care? Just so you know you don't have to tell me but if you do I swear I won't tell anyone not even Casey."

"No it's ok I think you kinda deserve to know considering you all now know I was in the foster care system."

"Are you sure because like I said you don't have to?"

"Yeah sure it's not like it's a big secret considering it was in all the newspapers and all over the TV."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really!"

"So what happened?"

"It was my birthday and me and my mum were celebrating at home. There was a knock at the door and I remember my mum saying it was open because she thought it was my dad, only it wasn't it was someone else."

"Who?"

"I can't remember who but I do remember them telling me not to tell the police or anyone what they did."

"What did they do?"

"They…" Kyle stopped and turned away from Aden not wanting him to see him cry.

"What did they do Kyle?"

"They murdered my mum right in front of me."

"Oh mate I'm so sorry. That's a horrible thing to happen and for you to witness it as well."

"I managed to get over it eventually after therapy, which thankfully the social worker who looked after me arranged. I never forgot her and I know she is always with me as I have all the memories of the two of us together and then I have this."

Kyle put his hand into the back pocket of his jeans and produced a photo of a younger version of him and some woman.

"Wow is that you're mum?"

"Yeah, her name was Lisa Bennett."

"Mate she's stunning. I can see where you get those good looks from like and why all the girls love you." Aden laughed.

"Cheers I think." Kyle laughed.

"You welcome."

"This picture though is the only thing I have left of her and I would be mess if ever lost it."

"Well if you keep it on you all the time you can't lose it, can you?"

"Exactly."

"Anyway mate I won't tell anyone I promise."

"No don't worry I think this is something they should all know so if you want to tell them I'm not going to stop you just make sure none of them ask me any questions as I don't want to talk about anymore than I have. Okay?"

"Yeah okay."

The two friends stopped talking about Kyle's mum and turned the topic of conversation to something much happier. The gig they were going to that Aden managed to get tickets for.

Hi guys hoping you like the recent updates. Lyrics to the song don't belong to me they were wrote by Mervyn Warren and Jeff Marx for Glee. I will provide a link so you can listen to it if you wish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1E9QIc-MDc

Chapter 46

At the campsite

"What is taking them so long?" Phoebe asked.

"They are probably just making sure they have all the right stuff and the instructions to set up safely." Josh told her.

"He's right Pheebs." Evie agreed with her boyfriend.

"Yeah I know he is Evie."

"Good as I think I can hear the two of them now."

Suddenly two figures appeared from the bushes laughing and carrying on and empty handed.

"Where is the stuff and what took you both so long?" Maddy asked her friends, secretly happy that they didn't have any of the equipment as she didn't want to go rock climbing.

"Well unfortunately the Activity Centre is shut all day but it would be open tomorrow so for now we have to make our own fun." Kyle told everyone.

"Great, what can we do that's going to be fun?" Sasha asked as she didn't like not having things planned out.

"Well we have twister and Kyle brought his guitar as well." Casey reminded them all.

"Ok then let's do that."

Casey stood up and went to get the board game from the spare tent and Kyle grabbed his guitar and sat down again. Casey quickly went about setting up the board game.

"So how are we going to play this as there is fourteen of us and not all of us can fit on the mat?" Casey asked them.

"Well I suggest we split into two teams of seven and then we have one person play against another." Tamara suggested as it seemed more logical.

They all agreed and went about splitting themselves into two teams. Team 1 consisted of all the girls and Team 2 consisted of all the boys.

"Why don't we play against our respective other that way it will be more competitive considering we are split into boys and girls." Matt said.

"Well who's going first then?" April asked.

"We will!" Oscar and Maddy said together.

Two hours later…

They were halfway through the the last round of twister and it was Kyle and Phoebe who were playing.

"Kyle, right foot on the red circle." Casey told his brother once the arrow had stopped spinning.

Kyle managed to put his foot on the red circle without falling over.

"Phoebe, left hand on the green circle." Tamara told Phoebe.

Phoebe struggled to put her left hand on the green circle as she went to place it she slipped and fell over.

"I declare Kyle is the winner of the game. Sorry Phoebe." Josh shouted as soon as Phoebe fell.

"That was fun how about we have a sing-song now?" Phoebe suggested as they packed away the twister.

"Yeah why not." They all replied.

Casey placed the twister back in the tent and rejoined the others back around the campfire.

"What shall we sing?" Kyle asked.

"Oh I know, how about we sing You Have More Friends Than You Know." Evelyn suggested as after hearing it on Glee her favourite show she was constantly listening to it.

"That's a great pick Evie. Kyle will you do the honours?" Phoebe asked her boyfriend.

"Only if you start the song off." Kyle answered her.

Phoebe nodded her head and with that she started to sing: "Mmm, Ohhh, we feel…."

"You have more friends than you know, It's gonna be ok" The teens all sang the ending together.

"Woah that was like totally amazing. We should start a band considering we all sounded great together." Phoebe said to the others.

"How about we just keep the singing to us lot having fun yeah Pheebs." Aden said to the wannabe recording artist.

"Okay, let's sing something." Phoebe replied.

The teens continued singing different songs until they were bored.

One and half hours later…

"Guys let's play truths considering there has to be stuff none of know about each other." Matt suggested to the others as a ploy to find out more about Kyle.

"Yeah we should it will be fun." Xavier said as he knew what Matt was doing.

"I don't know if I want to play that game guys." Kyle said to the others as he didn't fancy everyone knowing that one secret that he told Phoebe as that was his biggest secret ever and he knew that's what Matt was meaning by truths that they all reveal their biggest secret.

"Come on Kyle it will be fun. I bet Aden's biggest secret is he has a collection of teddy bears that he says goodnight too every night before he goes to bed." Belle said.

"Damn, how did you know?" Aden asked as they all burst out laughing.

"Okay fine let's play it." Kyle answered.

Hi guys, thanks for the lovely comments and here's the next chapter with a shocking reveal at the end.

Chapter 47

In the Car Park

With the teens all at their campsite, Ray and Derek where still free to talk without being caught.

"Ray, you told me Kyle was here with all his friends, how many are there?" Derek asked him.

"Well in total boss including Kyle, there is fourteen of them." Ray answered him quickly.

"Who the hell goes camping with thirteen other people!"

"Well he does apparently."

"I gathered that!"

"Okay boss there's no need to shout."

"I think there is!"

"If you say so boss."

"Well I guess this just means we are going to have to make sure we know exactly what we are doing."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean Ray, my friend, we need to get Kyle away from his friends but the plan may have to be altered a little bit."

Derek sat down on the bench beside Ray, and tried to think what they should do now that he knows how many of Kyle's friends there were.

"Boss, why do we need to get him away from his friends?" Ray asked Derek "And what do you plan to do to him?"

"Well Ray, I can answer those two questions with one answer." Derek replied "I'm going to kill Kyle!"

"Kill?!"

"Yes! Kill, heaven knows I have only waited eleven years to finish this job."

"Boss, you don't need to kill this kid."

"Oh yes I do."

"No honestly boss, the kid doesn't remember a thing from what I can tell."

Derek laughed knowing full well that Kyle would have remembered he isn't stupid and he certainly knew Kyle would have let it slip at some point over the years: "That's the thing I'm not worried about the secret I made Kyle keep all those years ago."

"Then what is it?"

"Money!"

"Money? Boss that kid doesn't have a lot of money he works in a pizza place in Summer Bay which I can guarantee won't pay a lot."

"Oh Ray, you don't get it Kyle does have money and a lot of it at that."

"How?"

"The reason I killed that woman was due to the fact she had money and what I didn't realise at the time was that Kyle would get the money if she died."

"Boss you do know lots of people have a load of money stashed around, so why do you still want that woman's money if her son now has it."

"Well Ray, if I kill Kyle now no one will inherit that money which means it will automatically go to me."

"Hang on boss, I still don't see how you would get the money."

"Isn't it obvious yet?"

"No boss otherwise I wouldn't have said that."

"Well Ray, that money is rightfully mine. My stupid father wrote in his will that I was not to get the money when he died, so the money went to my little sister Lisa, then that stupid witch decided to make sure that her horrible son would get the money if she died."

"Boss are you saying what I think your saying?"

"Yes Ray! I'm Kyle's uncle!"

Hey guys i just want to say thank you for all the lovely comments and thank you for the continued support.

Chapter 48

At the campsite

While Ray and Derek were discussing Kyle and what was going to happen the teens were in the middle of a game of truths.

"So wait, you actually ran down the street naked?" Belle laughed.

"Well yeah I did see Andy said if I didn't run down the street completely naked that he was going to tell mum that it was me that broke her favourite vase, and I guessed the punishment for running down the street wouldn't have been as bad as the vase." Josh replied to Belle "Only I was wrong turns out the punishment for being naked in the street was ten times worse to the point where the police showed up because the old lady a couple doors down was disgusted by it."

The other teens all burst out laughing when Josh revealed his truth as they never thought Josh would ever do something like that.

As the laughing started to die down, Josh turned to Kyle and said: "Okay guys stop now it wasn't that funny. Kyle it's your turn to reveal your truth."

"Oh come on Kyle see if you can top Josh and his naked run in with the police." Oscar laughed.

Kyle, who had been hoping they wouldn't ask him to reveal anything thought of something that would reveal not a lot to his friends: "Well I guess my truth has to be the first time I met my dad, he told me that even though we he had different mothers me, Casey, Brax and Heath still all managed to look a lot a like. I guess this kinda made me feel more like a Braxton then ever before."

The rest of the teens looked at each other then back at Kyle.

"What?"

"Well no offense Kyle that maybe a truth but we already know you all look like each so it isn't really the level of truth that the rest of us revealed." Xavier replied to his friend.

"But you lot did not say what type of truth we had to reveal so I just reveal any truth."

"Yeah well mate we aren't going to accept that as your truth so come up with something else that meets the truth level expectations."

"Fine, just give me a minute to think." Kyle said to them while trying to rack his brain of something that would meet the level of expectation. "Right of got something but you have got to promise it will not leave this circle."

"We promise!" The bunch of friends all said finally happy that they were going to get some more insight into Kyle's life.

"Ok then I guess my truth will have to be when I was thirteen. I was at one of my friend's house and he had this older brother who for some reason we looked up to like a role model. I think it might have had something to to do with the fact he was rebel and it seemed fun, anyway one day me and friend, Jake, were sat playing video games in the living room when his brother came down stairs with his mates, they seemed at the time kind of out of it…"

"What do you mean by out of it?" Sasha asked Kyle.

"Well let me finish for god sake."

"Okay continue."

"As I was saying, they seemed kind of out of it like they were on something. That's when his brother came over and offered us these sheets of paper that were like that edible money that you can buy in a sweet shop. Me and Jake took them thinking he was trying to be nice and we ate some not realising that they were actually drugs. So buy the time Jake's parents got home the two of us were high and let's just say I never saw Jake or his brother again after that."

"Oh my God! Kyle Daniel Braxton I did not take you for the drug addict type." Phoebe said to her boyfriend as everyone just starred at him.

"Thanks Phoebe but don't worry I'm not a drug addict it was one time and that was enough for me." Kyle answered her.

"Mate you're a legend not even Brax or Heath took drugs at that age." Casey told his brother.

"Well I didn't know it was drugs at the time Casey. Please don't tell Brax or Heath though as they might start searching my bedroom next and I really don't need them to break my stuff."

"Don't worry we promised it wasn't going to leave this circle and it's not, okay guys." Evie said to the others.

"Right!" they all shouted back.

With that the teens all started laughing and imagining what Kyle was like on drugs and completely oblivious to what was coming their way.

2 minutes ago, Kristen said:

Great chapter 

Glad the game was fun Josh running around naked and getting in trouble by the police  :lol:

Oh no Kyle and his friend Jake got high as teenagers.

Update again soon :) 

i'm glad you liked this chapter i'm currently writing the next one as the next two are really short chapters they are just going to be fillers, leading up to the main action.

Chapter 49

In the Car Park

"I can't do that Derek!" Ray shouted loud enough for the whole world to follow.

"Would you shut up, I don't need everyone hearing other business!" Derek replied.

"Well I'm sorry Derek but that kid is your nephew and I don't think I can standby and let you kill him just for money."

"Well tough you are and if you don't I will kill your pretty little family and then I'll kill you slowly and painfully."

"Fine okay I'll help but I will not be part of you killing an innocent kid for money that you don't even know he still has."

"Good and don't worry Ray I know he still has the money and I know for fact the security details in place to stop anyone but Kyle getting it unless he dies."

"Fine but after this job you give me the money I'm owed and leave me the hell alone!"

"Ok but you have to help me with this job first."

"Ok I will." Ray replied while thinking to himself.

I need to warn them kids about the danger that is about to happen, but how? Derek is going to be watching me like a hawk now that I said I didn't want to help him kill his nephew. I know I'll wait until nightfall when they all fall asleep and then I'll sneak away and go and warn them that they need to leave whether they listen to me or not.

"So when you going to do it Derek?"

"Well I was thinking maybe we can start putting the plan into action in the morning. It's not like he is going anywhere, anytime soon."

"Ok well then might I suggest we head to my campsite to sleep so we can be well rested in the morning. Also it's not that far from the kids' campsite, I even marked the way so you could find if I had been able to leave."

"Aww the ever thoughtful aren't you Ray, now let's go!" Derek answered.

Ray turned and walked in the direction of his own campsite, planning his own plan to help Kyle and himself.

Credit to artist Jewel for the campfire sing that is featured in this chapter. 

Chapter 50

At the Campsite

Four hours later…

Night had fallen upon the National Park on the second day of the teens camping trip.

The teens were sat around the blazing campfire enjoy the peace and quiet away from the guardians who right about now would be telling them not to be out to late or shouting out them for not doing their chores that day. Kyle was sat playing his guitar again while the rest of the teens roasted marshmallows on a stick and singing along to the traditional campfire songs that Kyle was playing.

"She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes, coming round the mountain, she'll be coming round the mountain, coming round the mountain when she comes, coming round the mountain when she comes."

"Aww that's always be my favourite campfire song to sing since me and Oscar were little." Evie said as they finished the song.

"Really I love that song to but I guess that's why we are such good friends." April said to her best friend.

"See great minds think alike. Oscar hates it so much."

"No I don't Evie! I'm just sick of hearing it every time we go camping." Oscar replied to his sister.

"Now, now children no need to start fighting over a silly little camping song" Belle laughed at the twins.

"Okay mam." Oscar and Evie laughed as Belle turned bright red.

Josh was sat watching Kyle plucking some of the strings on his guitar.

"What is it?" Kyle asked noticing Josh starring at him.

"Well I was wondering if I could ask you something?" Josh asked him.

"Go ahead."

"Well, when we get home can you teach me how to play the guitar as I've always wanted to learn but never had the time."

"Sure why not it would be nice to have another person other than me, Phoebe and Matt be able to play the guitar. Hey, we could even start a band."

"Can we at least wait until I have learnt how to play first?"

"Sure no problem. I was just thinking if I'm going to help you by teaching you how to play the guitar, you have to help me with something."

"Go on then what can I do to help you Kyle?"

"Well you know that computer game we all seemed to be obsessed with."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well is there anyway you can help me get past level 74, as for some reason I can't get past it and I am ready to break the stupid thing."

"Yeah go on then and besides I need to teach someone my wisdom on the game."

All the other teens had just overheard the conversation between the two friends and as soon as they were finished they all burst out laughing.

"Why you laughing?" Kyle asked.

"Because it's actually funny to see you asking for help on the computer game as we all know you don't like asking for anything." Casey responded to his brother. "Also thank you Josh for agreeing to help him with the computer game, as I haven't even had a chance to start that one and I really don't want him to break it or the console."

"No problem Casey anytime." Josh said and the other started laughing again.

Suddenly there was a strange noise like twigs being snapped which started to get closer and closer to the camp.

"What was that?" Phoebe jumped as soon as she heard the noise.

"It was probably an animal again." Matt told her.

"Guys no offense but I don't think it's animal this time." Tamara said to the others.

The noise started to get louder and louder and then a guy appeared from behind the bushes causing the teens to scream.

"Shhh, I'm not here to hurt you instead I'm here to help you. Kyle is in danger!"

Thank you for all the lovely comments and i'm glad you liked the last couple of chapters that i uploaded. Here's the next chapter.

Chapter 51

Ray's campsite

25 minutes earlier…

Ray was sitting round the campfire patiently waiting for a sign that Derek and his gang were asleep when he heard it, someone was snoring. Ray knew this was his moment to go and warn the teens about what was about to happen. Quietly, making sure that everyone was definitely asleep, Ray got up from where he had been sitting and walked off in the direction of teen's camp.

At the teen's campsite

Present time…

"Shhh, I'm not here to hurt you instead I'm here to help you. Kyle is in danger!" Ray said to the scared teens.

"Who are you? What do you mean Kyle is in danger?" Casey asked while he was staring at the stranger.

"Hang on I know." Matt said once he got a proper look at the guy "You're the guy from the food court at the mall."

"Yes I am the guy from the food court and my name is Ray." Ray told them. "Also when I say Kyle is in danger I really mean he is in danger so if you wouldn't mind can you all stop starring at me and instead can you pack all your stuff up and leave quickly but quietly."

"We are not going anywhere until you tell us exactly how much danger Kyle is in!" Aden shouted at the guy.

"I'm sorry! I don't have to time to go into detail but if you don't leave now then I'm telling you Kyle will never leave here alive."

"Why won't I leave here alive?" Kyle spoke up after soaking in the fact that this stranger just told that he's in danger.

"Look, I honestly can't tell you but you have to trust me. So pack everything and go home." Ray told them.

The teens all looked at each and turned their backs on Ray.

Phoebe whispered "How can we trust this again? I mean we don't know who he is or anything, for all we know he could be lying about Kyle being in danger."

"Hello, guys!" Kyle said trying to get his own opinion in to the discussion.

"Or he could be telling the truth and Kyle really is in danger." Sasha replied.

"GUYS!" Kyle shouted.

The others stopped talking and looked at Kyle.

"Know you've all shut up and realised I'm actually stood here; I think we should trust this guy."

"What do you mean by we should trust him? We don't know him, Kyle." Evie said to her friend.

"Well to be honest I kinda feel like he's telling the truth and I know we don't know him but he seems to know me and the fact he said that I'm specifically in danger, makes me think we should do as he says."

"Come on bro, you can't be serious?" Casey asked his brother.

"I am serious Casey so maybe instead of us talking about what to do, why don't we do as he said." Kyle said.

With that Kyle walked off in the direction of the guy's tent and started packing, the others quickly followed his lead.

Watching what the teens were doing and realising that the pace they were going they wouldn't be ready in time, Ray decided to help so he made a start on the stuff around the campfire.

10 minutes later…

Kyle appeared from the tent with his stuff and walked over to Ray who was in the middle of packing up the stuff on the table that the teens had brought with them.

"Can I ask you something?" Kyle asked Ray.

"You want to know how I know that you're in trouble, right?" Ray replied.

"Basically, yes!"

"Well I was hired to follow you."

"What?!"

"For the past couple of days I have been following you're every move and reporting back to my boss who told me that if I followed you for him then he would give me cash to help me look after my family."

"Okay who is your boss and why did he want me to be followed?"

"My boss is your uncle Derek." Ray said to Kyle.

Suddenly Kyle turned pale when Ray told him who the boss was. Ray took one look at Kyle and guessed that he remembered what his uncle did all those years ago.

"Thank you Ray." Kyle said quickly.

Ray looked at Kyle with a surprised look and said: "What for?"

"Warning us about Derek being here." Kyle answered.

He then turned round and walked over to the spare tent and started to pack it up with Ray following him.

Chapter 52

In the car park 

1 hour later…

After trying to be as quick as possible, the teens and Ray had eventually finished packing up the campsite and were just loading the final pieces of stuff into the cars.

"Oscar, pass me the food cooler." Xavier asked his friend who was stood near to the van.

"Here you go." Oscar replied handing the cooler to Xavier.

Kyle who was stood by his and Casey car was frantically looking through his stuff when, Aden turned to him and asked: "Dude, we just packed that! What are you looking for?"

"It's gone." Kyle answered him.

"What's gone Kyle?" Belle asked him after she noticed him takin his stuff out his backpack.

"The picture."

"What picture?"

"Of my mam, Aden!" Kyle said to his friend. "It must have fallen out of my pocket as we were bringing the stuff here."

"Mate I'm sorry."

"Well don't be I have to go back and look for it." Kyle said as the others all approached him.

"Kyle you're not going anywhere other than away from here." Phoebe told her boyfriend,

"I won't take long its probably on the pathway between here and where the campsite was, so I'll just run back and look for it."

"Kyle you can't." Ray tells him.

"No offense mate but I kind of have to go and get it."

"No you are leaving with the rest of them so I'll go back and look for it and then when I find it, I'll post it to you. Okay?"

"Fine but you better find it!" Kyle said as the others including Ray turned back to finishing packing the last bits of stuff into the vehicles.

I can't leave without that picture, it's all I have left of me and mum! I can't trust that Ray will find it! I need to go back and look for it myself! I should go now while they aren't looking.

With that, Kyle turned round and quietly ran off in the direction that lead back to the campsite, desperate to find the picture.

Ray's campsite

While the teens and Ray packed the car completely unaware of Kyle disappearing back into the bushes, Derek had just woken up to find Ray was gone.

Where the hell is Ray? Why ain't he in this tent asleep like the rest of us? Maybe he has gone to the toilet, Derek!

Derek got up and went outside of the tent and shouted: "RAY!"

After getting no response, Derek started to think that Ray had left them.

The idiot wouldn't be that stupid to leave us after I threatened his wife and kids. There again saying that he did say he wanted nothing to do with this so he has either definitely left or he has gone to warn Kyle!

Realising that Ray had probably gone with the latter thought that had crossed his mind, he quickly went back to the tent and woke his men up.

"Ray had double crossed us! He has gone to warn my nephew that we are coming for him so we need to head to campsite before he escapes and disappears again before I have a chance to kill him and get my money!" Derek shouts at his men.

Derek walked away from where they had been sleeping with his gang members hot on his trail in the direction that Ray had been so kind to mark off for them to find the teen's campsite without any problems.

Archived