The Camping Trip

AtlantaG1912

Chapter 53

At the Car Park

The last item was placed in the boot of Aden's car when Phoebe turned round to her friends and Ray and asked: "Where's Kyle?"

"What do mean where's Kyle? He stood beside the car isn't he?" Casey asked his brother's girlfriend.

"No he isn't!"

"Oh no! You don't think he's taken off to look for that picture do you?" Maddy suggested to the others and Ray.

"He wouldn't, would he?" April asked Casey and Phoebe.

Both teens looked at each other then answered at the same time: "He would!"

"We have to after him then!" Tamara said quickly.

"No you certainly will not!" Ray shouted.

"What if he gets hurt? You said he was in danger!" Evie said to Ray.

"I said you lot won't go after him I never said anything about me not going and getting him and bringing him back!" Ray told them.

Casey looked at Ray and said: "Considering the fact that we don't know anything about you and also there's the fact that this might be part of the plan to get Kyle, I'm coming with you as after all he is my brother!"

Ray looked at the teenager knowing perfectly well that none of them had any right to trust him after following Kyle for the past couple of days answered: "Fine but you do as I say. Got it?"

"Yes!"

Phoebe looked at Casey and told him to bring Kyle back safe and sound otherwise she would hurt him and Casey knew that she meant that so he promised her that he would do his best.

With that Casey and Ray headed off in the direction they assumed Kyle had taken, leaving the other teens in the car park worrying about their friend and trying to calm Phoebe down.

"He'll be fine Pheebs just you see." Sasha said to the worried girl.

"Sasha is right Pheebs! Casey and Ray will find him and bring him back then we'll leave so Kyle will be safe." Matt said agreeing with his girlfriend.

"We don't know that though what happens if this person finds Kyle before them two do?" Phoebe asked her friends.

"It's not going to come to that." Evie said to her.

"Do you think we should call Brax considering he might be able to help us?" Oscar suggested.

April took her eyes away from Phoebe and glared at Oscar then said: "What would the point in that be? Brax will never get here in time. So right now the best chance Kyle has is Casey and Ray finding him and then us leaving as quickly as possible."

Knowing that April was right the teens stopped talking and waited patiently for the other three to get back.

Chapter 54

In the middle of the bushes – inbetween the teens' and ray's campsites

Kyle was searching the floor to find the picture with the torch on his phone to help him see. When suddenly there was a noise from somewhere around him and he started to shine his torch around until the light fell upon a pair of legs.

Kyle gulped as the pair of legs moved further towards him and stopped.

"Hello Kyle, long time no see. Are you going to just stand there or are you going to give uncle Derek a hug?" Derek asked Kyle with a grin on his face.

"Why the hell would I hug you after what you did to my mum?" Kyle half shouted as he asked his uncle that question.

"Because I'm your uncle silly and I haven't seen you for awhile which by the way is very upsetting as I missed you Kyle."

"Don't lie, you never missed me. Also you lost the right to call yourself my uncle over eleven years ago!"

"Now that hurts Kyle truly." Derek said to his nephew.

Kyle stopped speaking and looked around noticing that every direction was blocked by people he can only assume were his uncle's friends. He then saw an opening in the bushes that wasn't blocked, completely forgetting about the picture, Kyle makes a break for it towards the lakes.

"Was it something I said?" Derek asked his gang members as Kyle ran away.

In the middle of the bushes – on the way back to the teen's campsite

Casey and Ray were silently but quickly making their way along the footpath that lead to the place that had just housed the campsite.

Casey breaks the silence and asks Ray: "I need to know!"

Ray stopped and looked at Casey: "Know what?"

"The full story! Also why you decided to help us."

"Look no offense, I know Kyle is your brother but is not really my place to tell you why this guy is after Kyle, it's his. To answer your second question, the reason why I decided to help you is because I see a lot of myself in Kyle and I also thought it was wrong to hurt someone who is completely innocent."

"Kyle won't tell me, that's why I asked you and well thank you for helping us." Casey replied then continued walking on.

At the lake

20 minutes later…

Kyle had just arrived at the lake and made his way over to the pier.

I need to hide but where? Come on Kyle think! This guy wants to kill you like he killed your mum so hurry up and find some place to hid. Oh I know if I go in the water and swim to under the pier but with my head and body still completely covered by the water he'll not find me. After all Derek doesn't know I can swim yet which is something I can use to my advantage.

After quickly thinking of where he could hide, Kyle jumped into the lake and made his way to under the pier just as his uncle Derek and his thugs arrived.

"Everyone start searching for the brat, it's not like he could have gone far with us on his tail the whole time!" Derek shouted to his gang.

From his hiding spot Kyle was still able to here Derek shouting for him to reveal himself.

Why didn't I listen to that Ray when he said that he would find that picture and post it to me because now I'm in serious trouble with no way of escaping. He's going to realise that I might actually be in the water soon and then he'll send his thugs in here and they will see me. Then Derek will kill me!

Behind the bushes surrounding the lake

Casey and Ray had been on the path back to the campsite when they had heard people shouting for Kyle and had decided to follow them. When they realised where they were going Ray pulled Casey into some of the bushes and had motioned from him to be quiet while they watched Derek and his gang searching for Kyle.

"I can't see Kyle anywhere." Casey whispered to Ray who was still watching the scene in front of him.

"I know, neither can I." Ray replied realising it would be no good telling Casey to stay quiet as he obviously wasn't going to pay attention to the command if he didn't the first time.

"The only place I can think of where he could be hiding is the water."

"Well we better do something then because Derek is heading towards the pier."

"I know we have to but what?" Casey asked Ray.

"I think I might have idea." Ray told him.

"What is it? I'm all ears, promise."

"Well what if we lead Derek away from the lake for example I could run all the way around to the other side of the lake."

"Then what because I don't think that's really going to do much in this situation."

"Well if you had given me a chance to finish I would have said that once I'm round there I will make as much noise as possible and then run off further into the National Park and hopefully Derek will think its Kyle and will follow after me which will give you time to get Kyle and head back to the others at the car park.

"Once we get back to the car park what do you want us to do because I'm assuming Derek isn't to stupid and will figure out that it isn't Kyle he's chasing. Then he'll back in the direction of us and the car park" Casey asked Ray.

"Well do you remember passing what appeared to be an abandoned building before you eventually got here?"

"Yeah why?"

"Well head for that and I'll meet you all there when I know it's safe for me to leave. Then we can call for help or head to the nearest Police Station and I will tell them everything."

"You would really hand yourself in for technically being apart of this?"

"Yes as I hope my kids will see that I'm doing the right thing and it will hopefully teach them to learn from my mistakes."

"I didn't know you had kids so thank you for helping us and I think they will be proud of you for wanting to help us." Casey said to Ray "Anyway you better go and we will see you soon."

With a quick 'thank you' Ray headed off to distract Derek from his search for Kyle, while Casey lay in wait behind the bushes to make his move.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, sorry i have uploaded a new chapter in awhile but I've been so busy with all my deadlines for uni being one after the another however i managed to find sometime to write some more so i hope you enjoy this filler chapter.

Chapter 55

At the lake

Derek and his thugs for hire were still searching for Kyle and were just about to jump in the lake to search when there was a rustling noise coming from some nearby bushes.

"Do you hear that boss?" One of Derek's thugs asked.

"Yes I did!" Derek replied "Let's go get my nephew!"

With that Derek and his thugs take off in the direction of the rustling bushes not knowing that it was actually Ray they had just heard not Kyle.

Casey who had been lying in wait behind the bushes saw Derek take off and quickly made a beeline for the pier.

Quietly but loud enough for Kyle to hear him, Casey shouted: "Kyle! Kyle, where are you bro?"

Kyle who was still under the pier had been listening out as for Derek when he heard a different voice, a safe voice shouting his name. Moving out from under the pier Kyle spotted Casey looking around.

"Kyle, come on man its me!" Casey said.

Suddenly Casey felt something or more like someone standing behind him.

"Well I'm not that far considering I'm standing behind you." Kyle said jokingly.

Turning round Casey pulled Kyle into a hug: "Dude, your all wet!"

"Well I am going to be considering I was in the water." Kyle replied.

"Are you ok other then being wet that is?"

"Yeah I'll be fine."

"Good because we don't really have long before that guy realises its not you he's following further into the park."

"Who's he following?"

"That Ray guy."

"The guy that no one trusted but me."

"Look if it makes you feel better I told the guy I was sorry for not trusting him and said thanks for helping." Casey said while looking Kyle.

"Good because he seems to be one of the good ones."

"Yeah well can we getting going before the plan me and Ray came up with starts to unravel?"

"Sure." Kyle answered his brother.

The two brothers looked around to make sure no one had backed tracked to the lake to make sure Kyle wasn't there and then they ran off back along the path towards the car park.

Thank you for all the lovely comments and here's the next chapter which i apologies for it being so long as i combined two chapters together.

Chapter 56

At the Car Park

"What was that?" Tamara asks while looking around.

"What was what?" Oscar answers her.

"That noise!"

"Guys, stop just stop!" Matt shouts at his friends who were all jumping at the smallest thing.

"Matt, we would stop but right now we all in panic mode considering there is a potential killer out there and my boyfriend and his brother are in those trees with a completely stranger." Phoebe said as tears started to form in her eyes.

"Look Phoebe, I think if that guy helped warn us of something then he has to be a good guy. Also Kyle and Casey will be fine ok you'll see." Evie told her friend.

Suddenly out of nowhere two figures appeared from the bushes.

"Ahhhhh." All the teens screamed.

"Wow guys calm down its just us." Casey shouted over the screams coming from his friends.

"Ahh! Casey? Kyle?" Xavier asked as he stopped screaming.

"Yeah its us so chill your beans." Kyle answered.

"You two scared us all have to death!" April shouted at them.

"Well we are sorry. What did you want us to do announce we were here?" Casey asked them all.

"Well that would have been nice." Maddy replied.

"Ok next time we are in a situation like this then we will speak before we appear." Casey laughed.

"Good and it's not funny Casey." April said as she hit Casey.

"Kyle, baby are you ok?" Phoebe asked her boyfriend.

"Yeah Pheebs I'm fine." Kyle answered her "Well apart from being soaking wet but that's ok."

"If your sure."

"I'm sure."

"Well before you two start making out can we get in the cars please and go before we get caught?!" Casey half shouted and half asked at the same time.

"Where are we going?" Aden asks the two brothers.

"Ask Casey because I have no clue as to exactly where we are going." Kyle told his best friend while looking at Casey.

"Just follow me and Kyle." Casey told them all as he walked round to the driver's side of the car.

"Fine but let's get going." Josh said.

With that all the teens stop talking and get in the cars that they were in when they got to the National Park, accept for Oscar who decided to go with his girlfriend, Phoebe and Tamara.

In Casey and Kyle's Car

The car was silent as it quickly drove out of the car park with the others quickly following.

Casey who didn't really like the silence decided to ask Kyle what was going on: "So bro, what is going and who was that guy?"

Kyle turned to his brother and said: "How did I know that was coming?"

"You just know me to well!" Casey laughed while concentrating on the road.

"That I do brother, that I do. Anyway are you sure you really want to know?" Kyle asked his brother hoping he would see it didn't matter.

"Yeah I do."

"Ok then I'll tell you."

10 minutes later…

"So now you know." Kyle said as he finished the story.

"Jesus, I'm so sorry Kyle." Casey said to Kyle.

"Why are you sorry it's not like you knew I existed and even if had there was nothing you could have done."

"I know but I'm still sorry. There's one thing that I don't understand."

"What?"

"If you never told anyone about your uncle till, well now, how is it you ended up in foster care instead of being placed with your uncle?"

"Well after what happened Derek went on the run, no one knew where he was and they couldn't contact him. Too be honest I thought he was dead until now when he reappeared in my live to try and kill me."

"Oh I guess that makes sense that he would go on the run so that no one could find him and link him back to what happened. What about dad why didn't he do anything as after all he knew you existed?"

"Well dad didn't want me in his life. It turns out the only reason he actually spent anytime with me up until that point was due to the fact mum threatened to tell Cheryl about how dad cheated on her with my mum. So I think in the end social services thought the best place for me would be to put me in foster care."

"Well I knew dad was cruel but I didn't know he was that cruel. I mean to turn away your own child after you had just lost your mother and had no one else, that's something else."

"You're telling me."

"Well if it helps I kind of wished that I was in foster care at times while I was growing up."

"What? Why would you wish something like that?"

"Well it beat having dad hit you and shout at you everyday and call you useless because I wasn't like Heath and Brax when I was younger."

"Oh I guess that would make you wish to be in foster care." Kyle laughed as he tried to lighten the mood.

"Hey being in foster care must have been alright for you though."

"How do you mean?"

"Well look at you, you're a talented musician and Class A Nerd so it must have had some benefits."

"Yeah but it doesn't work out like that for everyone. I was just lucky enough to be placed with great foster families who cared about me and not just the money they were getting for looking after me."

"True, I guess you must still be close to your foster families?" Casey asked hoping it would lead to finding out about Callie and this woman he called mum.

"Well my last foster family before I came to the bay still keeps in contact."

"Really?"

"Yeah, really."

"How long were you with them for?"

"Well they were my third and last foster family so I was about ten and half at the time."

"So you were only with three families before you came to live with us but I thought from your story about your truth you would have been placed with another family.

"No thankfully no one ever told social services and I'm happy they didn't otherwise dad wouldn't have found me and then I wouldn't have come to the Bay to live with my actual family."

"Well I'm glad but do you not miss them considering you were with them for five years?"

"Yeah I do but that's why I still talk to them nearly every week."

"So I'm guessing your still close to them then."

"Yeah, hang on where is this going Casey?"

"I overhead you on the phone last week saying how you wished your mum and Callie could join you for your birthday."

"Oh, wait you heard that?"

"Yeah I just got back from work and I'm sorry if I wasn't meant to."

"No it's okay I guess I should have told you all about them sooner."

"That's ok and I won't say anything to Brax and Heath if you don't want me too."

"No they deserve the right to know about my whole life cause between you and me, I think they are frustrated over the fact that I have been living with you all for three years and they still don't know much about me."

"True. So what are they like?"

"Who?"

"Your last foster family as they most be important to you."

"They are a lovely family."

"That's good."

"Yeah there's Kevin who is more of dad to me than Danny ever was. Then there's Vanessa who you heard me on the phone to the other day the woman who I call mum and that leaves me with Callie who is a year older than me and looked out for me everyday."

"Sounds like you really loved them."

"I did and still do. I tell them everything for example I told them about all of you and they were pleased that you were really nice and give me a home."

"But they did that and I'm sure Brax would love to thank them."

"I know he would but they were just happy that they were able to give me a safe home environment and that I was able to become a great human being. I actually learned to play the guitar from Kevin."

"Cool." Casey said as he didn't want Kyle to stop speaking as this was the most open about his life before Summer Bay than he'd ever been before.

"I would just sit and watch him play for hours on end and I guess he figured that I might be good at it so he went out and bought me my own guitar and taught me everything he knew. When it come to Vanessa she encouraged me to embrace who I was and not to be scared of being smart as she said and I quote 'Those kids only pick on you because they know that one day you will be successful at whatever you decide to do because you worked hard while all they will be doing is working in a lousy job that doesn't pay that well because they didn't apply themselves at school.' Every time I got bullied after that I would just think of those words."

"Well she seems like a wise woman." Casey said as he checked the mirror to make sure they others were still following them.

"She is and she always will be."

"What about Callie?"

"Well were do I start; Callie is the big sister that I kind of always wanted she looked out for me at school she went out of her way to make me feel like one of the family."

"Well it's nice to know that their own biological daughter made you feel like apart of the family as I heard most don't."

"Callie actually isn't there biological daughter she was in foster care like me and they adopted her when she went to live with them at the age of three."

"Woah, that's so nice of them. Hey I just remembered you only ever mentioned Callie and Vanessa on the phone not Kevin."

"That's because Kevin is actually not in the country."

"Oh why?"

"He works for a sales company so he is in London at the moment that's why I didn't mention him. Where did you think he was?"

"I kind of thought he was dead, no offence."

"I'll tell him you said that." Kyle laughed as Casey stopped the car. "I take it this is where we are meeting Ray?"

"What give it away?" Casey laughed as he stopped the engine and got out of the car to meet the others, with Kyle following his lead.

Thanks for the lovely comments and taking the time to write them. Here's the next chapter.

Chapter 57

At the National Park – The Car Park

The teens unbeknown to Derek had already left the National Park and the only ones that were left were him, his henchmen and Ray pretending to be Kyle.

Ray who had just doubled back on himself emerged from the bushes into the now deserted car park.

Thank you God! I didn't think that this stupid plan would work but it has they managed to get away and Derek is none the wiser. I just hope I manage to get away safely now so I can go and meet them.

As Ray pulled out his car keys and walked towards his car he didn't notice a group of men following him.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING? ALSO WHERE IS MY NEPHEW?" Derek shouted angrily as he approached Ray.

Ray turned round to find his boss standing there with a look that said he was pretty much dead.

"Come on Ray, where is he?" Derek asked more calmly.

"Who boss?" Ray asked him.

"Don't who me, you idiot! I know you have done something."

"I honestly don't know what you are on about boss."

"Really then where are you going?"

"Well I woke up as need to go to the toilet so I made my way to the communal toilets at the activity centre and when I came back you were all gone so I thought that meant I could go home now."

"You must think I'm so stupid."

"No I don't boss that's the truth."

"I don't believe you Ray."

Ray took one look at his boss and turned round to try and make a run for it but was grabbed by two guys who were ten times stronger than him.

"I wouldn't try and run if I were you Ray. Now I'm going to ask you again where is he?"

"I don't know!"

"Funny thing is I know that you know where he is."

"I thought he was still here."

"Take a look around Ray. Do you notice one small flaw in what you just said?"

Ray looked around and realised that he was a goner: "Oh I guess they left boss."

"I wonder why?"

"That's a good question boss."

"Yeah I think I know why they have left in such a hurry."

"Do you boss?"

"Yeah I think you warned Kyle that I was here."

"No boss I never."

"Then how come they are gone?"

"Don't know boss."

"I JUST SAY HIM YOU IDOIT!"

"No need to shout boss."

"WHY NOT? I JUST SAW MY NEPHEW AND FOLLOWED HIM TO A LAKE WHICH IS WHEN WE LOST HIM UNTIL WE HEARD A NOISE COMING FROM THE BUSHES AND FOLLOWED IT ALL THE WAY BACK HERE, TO YOU!"

"I didn't go near the lake boss."

"Hit him!" Derek shouted to one of his paid for hire thugs.

Ray's face came in contact with a fist before he had a chance to move his head.

"Now tell me where they are?!"

"NO!"

"Fine!" Derek said as he took out his phone and started to type a message.

"Boss, what are you doing?" Ray asked with panic in his voice.

"Well I figure if you aren't going to tell me where my nephew has gone, I'm going to have your family killed one by one until you tell me."

"Okay! Okay! I'll tell you where they are just please don't hurt my family. They are all I have."

Putting his phone back in his pocket Derek turned with a smile and his face and said: "Good, I'm glad I was able to change your mind. Now where are they?"

"Tell your men to let me and go first."

With one look the grip on Ray's arms vanished.

"Good now if you get in I'll show you where Kyle and his friends are." Ray said.

With that Derek got in the car and told Ray to drive.

Chapter 58

At the Abandoned Building

The teens all stood around in a circle listening out for any sign that would let them know that they guy who had been helping them had arrived.

"Where is he?" Josh asked his half brother.

"I don't know Josh. He told me to get Kyle while he led the person who was after Kyle away and that I should get back to the car park, making sure that we all came here, where he said he would meet us." Casey told him.

"Yeah well no offence Casey but that guy should have been here by now." Matt started to join in the conversation between the two brothers.

"Well if I knew that I would tell you wouldn't I Matt."

"GUYS!" Kyle shouted trying to stop the argument knowing it wasn't helping anyone.

"WHAT?!" The three of them shouted back.

"I understand that we all worried so I suggest that you all leave."

"What? No Kyle we aren't leaving." Phoebe said as she looked around the room.

"She's right Kyle we can't just leave you here." Tamara agreed with her surrogate sister.

"Yes you can." Kyle said back to them.

"No we won't." They all said in agreement.

"Please just leave. My uncle isn't after you lot he is just after me and don't want anyone else in my life to get hurt because of my uncle."

"Well tough because we aren't leaving you alone." Sasha said to her friend who was obviously worried.

"Sash don't say that. You don't know what my uncle is capable of he would kill you if meant you were in the way of getting to me."

"Well bro if that's what it is going to take to protect you then so be it. We are all sticking together no matter what you say." Casey told his brother.

"He's right Kyle. I love you too much to leave you here alone." Phoebe told her boyfriend.

"Pheebs I love you too but all I'm trying to do is protect you all." Kyle said to her.

"Well we can look after ourselves and at least this way if something happens I will be beside you every minute of the way."

"Aww Pheebs." Kyle replied to the girl who made him so happy.

Phoebe didn't want Kyle to try and talk them out of it anymore so she did the one thing that she knew would shut him up. She kissed him.

"Here we go." Oscar and Maddy said at the same time.

Not paying attention to their friends Kyle and Phoebe continued snogging each other's face off.

"Ok guys, I think you can stop now." Evelyn said to them.

"Evie's right you two. I think that guy is here now." Belle said as she agreed with her friend.

The two teenagers stopped what they were doing at looked at the door as they heard the noise of a car pulling up.

"We are in here!" All the teens shouted together to let Ray know where they were.

Suddenly someone they didn't recognise appeared in the doorway.

"Well I guess he was right when he said you would be here." The man said as he scanned the room until his gaze lay on Kyle.

"Derek!" Kyle shouted.

"Nephew, that was some smart plan you had but it definitely wasn't smart enough." Derek replied.

The teens all looked at one another as they noticed some other people appear beside they guy that Kyle had just called Derek.

April turned to Xavier and whispered: "I think we are in serious trouble."

Xavier grabbed his girlfriend's hand and whispered in reply: "Don't worry we all be fine."

"Where's that other guy?" Kyle asked his uncle.

"Oh Ray! Well I'm sorry to say Kyle but he can't save you now." Derek told him.

"Why not?"

"Because he is not here that's why."

All the teens started to panic again as the tried to guess what Derek had done to Ray.

Kyle who was still staring at his uncle said: "Let my friends go!"

"I'm sorry Kyle but I can't do that."

"Yes you can after all they have done anything wrong."

"They are witnesses and I don't like witnesses as they will tell the cops what I did."

"See that's the thing I don't understand you don't like witnesses yet you let me live."

"That's because I knew you wouldn't tell anyone what I did to that slut you called your mother."

Kyle didn't like that and charged for his uncle when the thugs grabbed him causing all the teens to scream.

"LET HIM GO!" Casey shouted as Aden held him back.

"Aww looks like you have a bodyguard Kyle that is so cute." Derek aid to his nephew.

"Just let me go." Kyle said as he tried to get the two thug off of him.

"No I can't do that sorry."

"Why I never told anyone what you did that day and you said if I did you would hurt me but I swear to you I haven't"

"Well that doesn't really matter anymore because I need to kill you to get what is rightfully mine." Derek laughed.

As soon as Derek said 'Kill you' to Kyle Phoebe started screaming and begging.

"What the hell are you on about? I don't have anything of yours." Kyle said as he tried to wrack his brain to figure out what Derek could possibly after and trying to ignore his girlfriend's screams.

"Can someone please shut that girl up before I do." Derek said as Josh tried to calm Phoebe down. "Thank you! Now as I was saying nephew I want what is rightfully mine ad to do that I have to kill you."

"But I still don't understand what you want."

"Well it's the same thing I killed your mother for only thing at the time is I didn't realise that you would get it if she died."

"Get what?" Kyle said as he looked at Derek with a confused expression on his face.

Derek took one look at his nephew and said: "Money!"

Chapter 59

Outside The Abandoned Building

While Derek was inside with his henchmen and the teens, Ray was just coming round after being knocked out.

Why is my heading killing me? Also what the hell am I doing on the floor? Oh no! I led Derek straight to them. They aren't going to trust me anymore. Hang on, where is Derek? Crap he must already be in the building; I need to do something.

Ray started to frantically search for something that may help him get Derek and his henchmen away from Kyle. As he turns his head he notices a couple of gas canisters near the building but not to close.

That's it those gas canisters aren't close enough to the building to injure anyone inside but yet they are close enough to make Derek worry that he might die in there if he stays. Hopefully he might just think that Kyle will die in there and take off. That way I can get Kyle to the police station safely to protect him from Derek.

Ray quickly searched in his car for the matches that he knew were still in there. Once he found them, Ray heads over to the canisters and grabs some leaves from a nearby tree and throws them on top, hoping these will give him enough chance to run to a safe spot.

What Ray didn't notice as he was putting this plan into motion was that one of the gas canisters had leaked and there was now a trail of gasoline leading all the way towards the wooden structure of the abandoned building.

Quickly taking out a match from the pack, Ray took a couple steps back lit the match then threw it on top the pile of leaves he had just stuck on top of the canisters.

As soon as he threw the match Ray ran as quick as he could to a place close enough to the building so he could see everything but not to close so that Derek couldn't see him when he ran out and so he couldn't get hurt as he knew that he would be no good to anyone if he was injured.

Now all I have to do is wait for it burn through all the leaves and cause a minor explosion to make Derek leave and never come back.

Ray was broken from his train of thought when he noticed that there the flames were moving towards the building. Before he had chance to do anything Ray heard the one sound he didn't want to here.

BANG….

Chapter 60

Outside The Abandoned Building

Ray watched in horror as the building exploded in front of him.

CRAP! Oh no! That was not meant to happen, what have I done? I knew I could smell the gasoline but I thought it was coming from inside the canisters but I guess one of them must have leaked. I need to go and help them all!

With that Ray got up from where he had been hiding, safely away from the explosion and ran over to the building that was now resembling something like a tornado had just hit.

"HELLO! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME SHOUT OUT!" Ray shouted as he got closer. "SOMEONE ANSWER ME!"

When Ray got no response he started to panic.

I think I've just killed everyone that was inside that building and all I was trying to do was help them out. Stop it Ray and get yourself together you need to do something other than just standing here and shouting for someone to answer you because no one is going to answer you idiot.

Shaking his head to get rid of the thoughts that they were all dead, Ray knowing he needed to get help ran over to his car and searched for his phone.

Realising that he had left his phone in the bag that was still at his campsite in the National Park, Ray stopped searching and decided to try one of the other cars in hopes that one of the teens had left their phone in the car by accident.

Ray quickly moved over to the car belonging to Casey and Kyle and started searching again when he heard a phone ringing.

Ring Ring!

Ring Ring!

Ray follows the ringing and locates the phone in the driver's door and then he answers it.

Phone call

"Hey Case, are you and Kyle having fun?"

"Hello, who is this?"

"Daryl Braxton. Who is this and why do you have my brother's phone?"

"My name is Ray I found your brother's phone in his car."

"Ok then why are you going through his car."

"Look I don't really have much time to go into everything but there has been an explosion at the abandoned building close to the National Park and your brothers and their friends all trapped inside."

"What? Are they ok?!"

"I don't know but you need to call the emergency services straight away!"

"Wait, what do you mean by straight away?"

"Because the situation is bad that's why?"

"How bad is it?"

"Really bad! Look I need to go as I'm going to try and help them please just call the services as soon as we hang up."

"Wait before you hang up who exactly are you Ray?!"

"I'm just a concerned driver who passed by on his way to the national park to do some fishing."

With that Ray ended the call with Daryl Braxton and looked back at the building. Knowing there was nothing he could do now Ray put Casey's phone back in the car and ran back to his own.

Starting the engine, Ray took one last look at the what was still standing of the building and drove off knowing that if Derek survived this he would come looking for him and he wanted to put as much distance between himself and Derek, so that he could still hand himself into the police when the time was right.

Ray drove away from the scene knowing that help was on it's way.

Chapter 61

In Summer Bay – Braxton House

20 minutes before the phone call…

Brax had just got home from a long busy day at the restaurant and wishing to himself that he hadn't let his younger brothers go on the camping trip as he could have used the extra help today.

"Hey Ricky." Brax said as he noticed his girlfriend sat on the sofa watching a chick flick.

"Brax your home. How was work?" Ricky asked him.

"It was busy and I mean busy. I never known the place to be like that." Brax said wondering if it was ever like that when wasn't in the restaurant. "Anyway have you had dinner yet?"

"Trust me it gets busy. Kyle said that it was dead busy two weeks ago when he got home from work and you were visiting Heath down in the city." Ricky told him as she remembered how Kyle had said he'd been run off his feet the whole day. "Also I have already eaten but because I'm such an amazing girlfriend I made you something and stuck it in the fridge so you could eat it when you got in."

"See this is why I keep you round because you make me food other then pizza." Brax laughed as he made his way into the kitchen.

Brax took the food out of the fridge and stuck it in the microwave to warm it up while he grabbed a drink from the fridge.

Ping!

As soon as Brax heard the ping of the microwave he put his newly opened bottle of beer on the bench and grabbed his dinner then walked into the living room to enjoy the delicious meal that Ricky had made for him.

"While your eating that I'm just going to grab a quick shower then we can watch a movie together and maybe get up to some other stuff considering this house is completely empty, with Casey, Kyle and Josh being on the camping trip and Andy taking Hannah out for the night."

"Andy managed to get a date with Hannah eventually then?"

"Yeah, too be honest I think Han just agreed on the off chance that Andy would stop asking her. Anyway I won't be long."

"Ok." Brax answered as he watched her walk away.

10 minutes before the phone call…

Brax had already finished his dinner by the time Ricky came out the shower.

"Nice shower?" Brax asked her.

"Yeah it was great. Do you want a drink?" She answered him.

"Yeah maybe just an orange juice though."

Ricky headed towards the kitchen to grab them both a glass of orange juice. When she rejoined Brax on the sofa she noticed something was wrong.

"Brax, what's wrong?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? It has to be something?"

"I don't know I just had this strange feeling that there was maybe something wrong with Casey and Kyle."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah and don't look at me like I'm just being the over reacting parent because I'm not."

"Like what?" Ricky laughed as she pulled a face "If it's going to make you feel better, why don't you call them? Again!"

"Yeah ok I will. Hang on, how do you know I've already called them as you were asleep when I made that call last night?"

"I was pretending to be asleep Brax."

"Oh anyway I'm going to call them as it's better to be safe than sorry."

"Yes it is." Ricky laughed as Brax pulled his phone out his pocket.

Brax fished his phone out his pocket and went onto his call history, thinking it would be best to call Kyle first as he knew that he was the one out the two that he had a better chance of getting through to as Kyle always answer his phone no matter where he is.

"Hmm that's odd."

"What's odd?"

"Kyle didn't answer his phone and he always answers."

"Yeah that does seem odd but you are forgetting he is away with his friends and his girlfriend so he is probably busy. Just try Casey!"

"Thanks for that."

"You welcome!"

Brax went back through his call history until he located Casey and called it.

Phone call

"Hey Case, are you and Kyle having fun?"

"Hello, who is this?"

Brax realised that it was a stranger answering Casey's phone and started to worry.

Ricky sat watching and listening to Brax on the phone when he suddenly hung up: "What is it?"

"There's been some sort of accident and the kids are all hurt."

"Wait what type of accident and what do you mean by they are all hurt?" Ricky said as she started to panic, Kyle and Casey were like brothers to her and she couldn't bear to think of them alone and injured.

"Well the guy said that a building has exploding and he came across all the cars and heard Casey's phone ringing so he answered."

"Oh God! Are they inside?"

"They think so he said that we should call the emergency services as he was going to try and help them."

"Ok then and we call Nate as well." Ricky said knowing it might be best if Nate was there was well.

"Yeah that's a good idea."

Brax and Ricky interrupt the plans they had for a quiet night in as they head for the car and drive off towards the National Park to save Casey and Kyle with Ricky on the phone calling for help.

Chapter 62

The Abandoned Building – Inside

As the dust starts to settle there was an eerie silence that crawled through the remains of the building that had just exploded. The only noise that could be heard is that of a car speeding away from the scene.

For five minutes after the explosion nothing moved until one person started to move from under the rubble.

What the hell was that? Why is everything so dusty? Where are my men?

Derek looked around for his henchmen. He found them not too far from him, he could tell from one glance that they were all dead. He then thought to himself that if his men are dead then so must everyone else who were in that building, including his nephew.

Eventually that money is now mine! There's nothing that my dad father can do about it! I need to get out her quickly before anyone gets here as I assume someone would have heard the blast.

Derek took one more look around to make sure that no one else was moving then walked back outside (not like there was much of a doorway left anyway).

The Abandoned Building – Outside

Once Derek got outside the first thing he noticed was that Ray was missing and so was his car.

Crap! Where has that idiot got to? Also where is the car? I guess I'm just going to have take the car my men drove in and pray that the keys are still in the ignition.

Derek quickly walked to his men's car and was pleased to see that they were stupid enough to leave the keys. Without even looking back Derek started the engine and drove away, praying that his nephew was definitely dead.

Back inside Josh was starting to wake up as he heard Derek drive away. Slowly he stood up and checked himself over making sure that nothing was broken and then it hit him. Where was Evie?

"EVIE!" Josh shouted as he scanned the room.

"I'm here!" Evie shouted to her boyfriend.

Rushing over to her, Josh helped her up and started to make sure that she was ok.

"Josh, what are you doing?" Evie asked him.

"Well what do you think I'm doing?" Josh answered her "I'm making sure you don't have any serious injuries."

"Oh well you could have just asked me considering I would know."

"Oh good point."

As Josh and Evie stopped checking each other over they heard a scream. When they turned round they saw April running over to a spot on the floor.

"Xav! Come on Xav wake up!" April shouted as she approached her boyfriend who wasn't moving.

As the screams got louder an unconscious Xavier was pulled from the darkness to a tear stained face staring at him.

"Oh thank God!" April said as her boyfriend looked her.

"April do me a favour please." Xavier asked her as she started to cry again.

"What?" she sobbed.

"Stop crying and shouting."

"Seriously?!" April said as she slapped him.

"What was that for?"

"For scaring me half to death. Again!"

With that she helped Xavier to stand up when he suddenly screamed out in pain. This then alerted Josh and Evie who carefully walked over to their friends.

"Are you ok mate?" Josh asked Xavier who was obviously in pain.

"No I think I may have broken my leg." Xavier told him with a look of worry on his face.

"What's that look for?" April asked him.

"Maz and John are going to kill me." He laughed.

Completely ignoring what Xavier had just said Evie who had been stood beside Josh and said: "Guys, where are the others?"

The fours teens started to look around the room for any sign of movement when in the corner of April's eye, she noticed people starting to stand up.

All the teen had started to wake up some screaming in pain and the others trying to calm them down as they tried to work out what had just happened.

Aden who had just helped Belle to his feet shouted: "Is everyone ok?"

He was met with a mixture of responses as everyone tried to work out who was injured and who wasn't.

Suddenly they were all snapped out of thinking about themselves when they heard Phoebe scream.

"WHERE'S KYLE?!"

Chapter 63

"WHERE'S KYLE?!" Phoebe screamed when she couldn't see him.

"WHERE IS KYLE?!" Casey shouted when he couldn't see his brother either.

Suddenly the group of friends starting looking at one another as panic started to sink in.

Matt shouted as he pointed to the place Kyle had been fifteen minutes earlier: "Well he was over there with that man who claimed to be his uncle before the explosion happened!"

Phoebe and Casey looked at each and immediately knew that Kyle was somewhere under the rubble of the now collapsed building. The two stopped looking at each other and navigated their way to where Matt had just pointed.

While Phoebe and Casey started to search for Kyle the others all helped their injured friends get out of the building.

The Abandoned Building – Outside

Once the most injured where outside they went back in to help Phoebe and Casey with the search. Belle and Maddy decided to stay outside to look after their three injured friends (Xavier, Sasha and Oscar) as they thought that they would be better helping them instead of searching through the rubble.

Belle turned to Maddy who was trying to help Oscar breathe through the pain of a broken arm and said: "We need to call for help."

Maddy stopped what she was doing, stood up and replied: "Yeah, do you have your phone?"

Belle reached for the phone that had been in her coat pocket and pulled it out to reveal a smashed phone screen.

"Well I don't think that's going to work anymore. Where's yours?"

Maddy looked at the cars and walked over to the car that her, Tamara and Phoebe had borrowed from Roo for the trip. She started to frantically search the backseat looking for her phone as she was sure that was where she left it before they got out the car.

"Got it!" She shouted back to Belle who was checking on Sasha who was starting to hyperventilate.

"Sasha just breathe in and out for me. Oscar can you please get her to calm her breathing why I go and talk to Maddy." Belle asked Oscar who nodded in response.

Walking over to Maddy, Belle said: "Good we need to call the emergency services and tell them what's happened as we are going to need help and a lot of it."

Maddy started to dial 000.

Phone call – 000

"Hello, what is your emergency?"

"There's been an explosion at an abandoned building close to the National Park."

"Okay miss. Can you tell me exactly what happened, so I can make sure we send the correct services to you?"

"Well this guy who wanted to kill my friend and who was apparently his uncle. This man had been following us all the way to the building and he was about to kill my friend when there was a huge explosion."

"Ok miss is that man still there?"

"No but his so called thugs are but they seem to be dead."

"Ok is there anyone else injured miss?"

"Yeah we have two people who have broken bones, one person who is having a panic attack and then we still have one friend who seems to be missing. Some of my friends are searching for him now."

"Ok miss, help is on the way already as it looks like a women named Erica Sharpe has called us already."

"Thank you."

Maddy hung up the call and told Belle that help is on the way and that the operator said that Ricky had called them.

"How did Ricky know?" Belle asked her.

"I don't know but that doesn't really matter now." Maddy said to her.

The two friends joined the other three on floor and sat looking at the building as they heard their other friends shouting for Kyle.

"KYLE!" The collection of voices shouted as they carefully searched through the rubble looking for their friend.

Aden was moving a piece of the rubble when he noticed a something sticking out from under another piece of rubble.

"Guys I think I've found him!" Aden shouted to the others who stopped searching and quickly but carefully made their way to where Aden was standing.

Aden pointed at the hand sticking out which had a band bracelet type thing attached to it.

"OH MY GOD!" Phoebe screamed "We need to get him out!"

"We are going to Phoebe if you just move out the way!" Matt told her as the girls pulled Phoebe out of the way.

Once she had moved Aden, Casey, Josh and Matt started to move the rubble that had landed on top their friend when they suddenly stopped.

"Why are you stopping he still has half of the building on top him?!" Tamara shouted at the guys.

"Well we can see that!" the four friends shouted back.

The girls who were desperate to get Kyle out all looked at one another when the guys had stopped. There on top of Kyle was one of the beams that had been part of the main structure lying across Kyle's body….

Chapter 64

"NO!" Phoebe screamed when she saw the beam.

"Phoebe calm down we will try and get it off." Casey told his brothers panic stricken girlfriend.

The four guys all grabbed a part of the beam and tried to lift it but the beam just wasn't budging.

"Josh, you came in Andy van didn't you?" Matt said to Josh.

Josh looked at him curiously and replied: "Yeah why?"

"Well Andy might have something in there that might help us to move this thing."

"Good idea." Josh answered.

Matt and Josh moved away from their friends and headed back outside to search the van for anything that would help them with their mission to save Kyle.

Once Matt and Josh had moved Phoebe rushed to were they had been standing and kneeled down.

"KYLE BRAXTON! WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!" She screamed while watching her boyfriend for any sign of movement.

The teens all looked at Kyle as she continued shouting at him but yet there was still no movement. Suddenly Josh and Matt reappeared with their hands empty.

"Sorry Pheebs but we couldn't find anything to help." Josh told her.

Before Phoebe had a chance to respond Casey jumped up: "What do you mean you couldn't find anything?!"

"We mean just that, there was nothing in the van." Matt answered him.

Ignoring Matt completely Casey turned to Josh and said: "Your brother is a bloody mechanic how can there not be anything in the van! Not even a car jack!"

"Well Andy emptied the van I guess to make more room for us to pack out camping gear in it and that means if there had been a car jack in there he took it out too."

Casey turned away from Josh and kneeled back down on the floor where Tamara was trying to calm Phoebe down, knowing that she would be no good to Kyle in the state that she was in.

5 minutes later…

Phoebe and Casey were still at beside Kyle while the others were searching for something to help them move he beam off of Kyle when they heard a quiet moan.

"Kyle? Hey Kyle come on mate open your eyes." Casey said to his brother who moaned again.

Kyle's eyes started to flutter open and his big brown eyes locked on to his girlfriend and brother's faces.

"There we go there's those puppy dog eyes that Brax and Ricky fall for every time." Casey said as a smile creped over his face.

Kyle tried to talk but realised he couldn't and start to panic.

Phoebe noticed that her boyfriend was starting to become distressed said to him: "Kyle you are going to fine I promise. There is beam lying on top of you but don't worry the others are searching for something to help us move it but for now you need to stay really still."

Kyle started to calm down when Phoebe told him to stay still and explained what was wrong.

"Bro, I'm going to ask you some questions like the ones I was asked by the doctor after the car crash and I need you to blink once for yes and twice for no. Do you understand?" Casey asked his brother who replied with one blink. "Good the first question is, do you think anything is broken?"

Kyle replied with a yes.

"Okay then can you wiggle your toes for me?"

Phoebe and Casey watch as they looked at Kyle's feet and where happy to see his ten toes wiggle in his scruffy navy blue converses.

"That good bro and what about your fingers?"

Kyle started to move his fingers but found that he was only able to move the one hand.

"Well I think your arm might be broken but that means you can be Oscar's twin instead of Evie as he appears to have a broken arm too." Casey laughed.

Kyle tried to join in the laughing when he started to cough.

"Ok Kyle, I think for now it's best if you don't try and laugh." Phoebe told her boyfriend whose eyes were starting to shut again "No Kyle no don't close your eyes ok babe. You need to keep them open."

Kyle tried to mouth the word tired which got a response from Casey who said: "We know mate but you can't go to sleep just yet."

In the distance the sound of sirens could be heard getting closer which had all the teens stop doing what they were and looked towards the doorway.

"Look Kyle help is here and we are going to get you out of…" Phoebe stopped speaking when she noticed that Kyle's eyes were shut. "Kyle come on open yours eyes again for me please."

Casey looked back at his brother as Phoebe as the girl was desperately trying to get his brother to open his eyes.

"Casey he won't open his eyes. Why won't he open his eyes?" Phoebe asked her friend.

"I don't' think he's breathing Pheebs…."

• 1 month later...

Hello, firstly thank you for the lovely reviews. Secondly I want to apologise for the fact I haven't updated for pretty much two full months, I've just been so busy with uni work. Due to the fact that I am now finished uni for the next 5 months I will be able to write a lot more. Anyway here's the next chapter.

Chapter 65

2 minutes later…

With Phoebe and Casey desperately trying to get Kyle to wake just so they knew he was breathing they didn't realise that the paramedics had arrived and were rushing over to them.

"Excuse me!" A paramedic shouted at the two teens who were sat beside Kyle. "Martin we are going to need the lifting equipment to get this beam off!"

The other paramedic whose named was Martin was telling the other teens to make their way outside so that they could be checked over by the other team of paramedics looked over to his colleague and said: "Ok Oliver. I'll radio for it now!"

Phoebe and Casey could see from the corner of their eyes, all their friends heading outside to join the others but they turned their heads back round to Oliver the paramedic attending to Kyle.

"You two need to leave now!" He told them.

"Don't you tell us what to do!" Phoebe shouted at him "I will not leave Kyle here alone."

"Your friend won't be alone as I'll be with him."

Casey decided that it would be a good idea to jump in before Phoebe had a chance to say anything: "No offense sir but we aren't leaving him. He's my brother and she's his girlfriend so we aren't leaving!"

Oliver just looked at the two teens, sighed and went back to Kyle.

Outside the Abandoned Building

The other teens were getting checked out by the other paramedics that had also been dispatched to the scene, just as a ute pulled up and two people jumped out before the car was safely parked.

Brax and Ricky quickly moved their heads from side to side trying to see Casey and Kyle but they weren't there. Brax spotted Tamara and walked over to her.

"Tamara, where are Casey and Kyle?" Brax and Ricky asked at the same time.

Tamara looked at them with a sad look on her face then turned her head towards the destroyed structure of the building: "They are still in there."

Brax looked at Ricky and told her to stay where she was. He then ran off in the direction of his younger brothers, ignoring all the shouting coming from the search and rescue workers.

Inside the Abandoned Building

As Brax rushed inside the first thing he noticed was a bunch of people all crowd round just off to left of where he was standing, he noticed that two of them was Casey and Phoebe. As he approached he still couldn't see his youngest brother until he was practically on top of the group of people. There under the beam was his baby brother.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?" Brax shouted at his brother and phoebe while not taking his eyes off the beam that was thrown across Kyle.

Casey looked up his older brother and said: "Not now Brax because as you can see I'm a little busy trying to comfort Phoebe." He then turned back to Phoebe who was currently sobbing her heart while holding her boyfriend's hand.

Looking at the two teens in front of him and knowing that they probably hadn't been checked out yet by the paramedics kneeled down beside them and said: "Casey I need you to listen to me and don't speak."

Casey looked at him and nodded.

"I need you to take Phoebe outside and get yourselves checked over by the paramedics because until you do neither of you will be able to help Kyle properly if you are in anyway injured."

Phoebe who had been listening spoke up: "I'm not going anywhere! I want to stay with him."

"Come on Pheebs, Brax is right neither of us will be good for Kyle if we are injured. After all a building did fall on us." Casey said as he stood up and stuck his hand out for Phoebe to help her up.

"I don't want to leave him though!"

Brax looked at the young girl and said: "I promise you that I will not leave him for a second. You can see once you have been checked out by paramedics and doctors at the hospital."

Finally, Phoebe looked and Brax and agreed, telling him he better not leave Kyle as he doesn't like being alone when he is hurt. She then took Casey outstretched hand and the two teens turned around and walked outside just as the the lifting equipment came rushing in and was starting to get set up.

Chapter 66

25 minutes later…

The search and rescue workers had finally managed to move the beam with the lifting equipment off of Kyle. As the beam was placed to the side away from the crowd of people, the paramedics started to check Kyle over.

"Kyle, can you open your eyes for me please?" Oliver asked the teen whose eyes had been open until 5 minutes before.

Brax could tell there was something wrong when the other paramedic who he couldn't remember the name of started looking at Oliver with a worried look on his face: "What wrong with him? Why isn't he opening his eyes?"

As Oliver went to answer Brax a sound that no one was wanting to hear went off beside them. Quickly pushing Brax out the way the two paramedics set about trying to restart the youngest Braxton's heart for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Martin we are going to have to ventilate him!" Oliver shouted as he continued trying to start the teens heart.

"Ok Oliver here we better do it now before we take him to the ambulance." Martin told him.

While Brax was stood watching the two paramedics try and save his baby brother's life, his phone went off in his pocket.

Text Message

Ricky: Hey Brax, going to take Casey and Phoebe to the hospital get checked over properly. Keep me posted on Kyle please.

Brax: Ok Ricky. He's not doing so good from what I can gather as they aren't really talking to me. What about the rest off the kids do their parents know?

R: Oh God! He'll be fine Brax, you Braxton's are strong he'll get through this. Yeah I messaged their parents in the camping trip messages that we all agreed to set up in case something happened and they are going to meet the kids at the hospital.

B: I hope so Ricky, we are just found him and don't want to lose him and that's a good idea but listen I'll see you at the hospital. Drive save!

With that Brax stopped texting Ricky just as the paramedics had finished hooking Kyle up to the ventilator.

"Why does he need that?" Brax asked.

"Well his heart has stopped twice now, so in your brother's best interest we have ventilated him to help him breath easier on route to the hospital, which is where we are going now, so if your coming with us move." Oliver said to the oldest Braxton.

"I'm coming with you!" Brax said to them.

With that the two paramedics rolled Kyle safely on to a spinal board making sure that his head was kept still and his arm was immobilised for the journey. They then quickly ran past Brax who was hot on their tails to the ambulance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, first I just want to say thank you for the lovely comments yet again. Secondly I currently have up to chapter 74 planned so be warned everyone there is still along way to go with the story. I’m also sorry that it took so long to get this chapter posted but one of my friends was at the Ariana Grande concert the other week and has been a completely mess since it happened so I’ve been with her making sure she is alright and I was going to post this yesterday but we were in Manchester for the One Love Manchester concert. Anyway enough of that, here’s the next chapter.

Chapter 67

At the hospital

The hospital was jam packed with all the teens coming in from the accident and their guardians who were all stood at the nurse station trying to found out about their loved ones. While this was going on Kyle was rushed past straight into emergency where Brax was stopped from going any further.

Roo who had just arrived at the hospital started searching for her girls instead of joining in with the harassing of the nurses as she thought that it would take forever to get information. As she turned the corner she noticed the door to the waiting room open and could just make out Phoebe sat beside Ricky, crying her eyes out.

Brax stood outside the emergency trying to catch one of the nurses who kept walking past him as he desperately tried to get news on his brother. Every time the door opened he was able to catch glimpses of his brother who from what Brax could see was still unconscious. Thinking that it might be best to head to the waiting room as that is the most likely place would he not only get information on Kyle but would be able to find his girlfriend and Casey. With that Brax turned away and headed down the corridor to waiting room making sure take one last look at the emergency room doors.

Roo entered the waiting room and walked straight over to Ricky and Phoebe. Not understanding why, she had been called by Irene and Marilyn saying she had to get to the hospital she asked Ricky what happened and why one of her surrogate daughters was crying. Ricky explained everything that she knew about what had happened over the last twenty-four hours. Just as Ricky was finished explaining to Roo what happened, Brax appeared in the door.

"Is Kyle alright?" Ricky asked as soon as she saw her boyfriend.

Brax just looked her and knew that he had to speak the truth even if that meant having Phoebe who was currently starring at him start crying again: "I'm not going to lie but he is far from ok."

"What do you mean by he is far from ok?" Phoebe interrupted.

"Pheebs I'm sorry but his heart stopped when they got the beam off and then it stopped again in the ambulance on the way here and last time I saw him; he was rushed into the emergency room." Brax told her and everyone else who was in the room.

"I'm sorry to interrupt love, but I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help like call Heath and Bianca for you?" Irene asked as she entered the room.

"Sorry Irene I didn't see you there but yes that would really help as I don't want to leave until I know something about Kyle." Brax replied to the women.

20 minutes later…

All the teens head been checked over and sent home, with some of them now sporting new accessories with their clothes. The only teens that were still at the hospital were the four currently sat in the waiting room all waiting quietly for news on Kyle.

Suddenly the silence was broken when Dr Nate Cooper appeared in the waiting room causing all the occupants to stand up.

"How is he doc?" Brax asked Nate.

"That's why I'm here, Brax I need you to sign these documents as your Kyle's legal Guardian." Nate answered him.

"What are they for?" Ricky asked her ex.

"Well Kyle has extensive internal bleeding from when the beam landed on him and his arm needs fixing so we need to Kyle straight to surgery."

Brax quickly grabbed the forms off Nate and signed them then handed them back and said: "Do what you can to save him?"

With that Nate quickly left to take Kyle to surgery while leaving seven people standing with worried looks on their faces.

Archived