Amy Mathews rules out returning to Home and Away

Guest JamesC10

I seem to recall it was her decision to leave(and Tony was then written out as well to accommodate a happy ending), so it's not really surprising she's not planning to go back.

Whilst her exit storyline was poorly paced and a bit dull, with characters forgetting things they'd learned in previous episodes in order to create conflict and a rushed change of heart from Tony, I'd disagree with the character assassination claim:Aside from her accepting the job when she needed to give an immediate answer and expecting Tony to go along with it, I felt Rachel was written in a sympathetic manner right up to the end and left on a basically positive note.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh- I really miss the character of Dr Rachel Armstrong. She was such a well- written, multi-faceted, and integrated character who had lovely friendship dynamics with several characters, especially with Belle and Leah. Both as a doctor and as a friend, Rachel was without doubt the one person people could turn to, and really rely upon. I really miss these type of character driven storylines. Back then, Home and Away had a more community and family orientated feel to the show, and the character interactions felt more "real" than today's offerings.

Archived