Fish may swim from Home and Away

Guest tw1057

Granted I don't watch as much as I once did, but it always felt like Bianca would be down for a few weeks because it was the rape storyline, but after it reached it hypothetical end, it was if she hadn't been raped. We reset and got ready to put Bianca through something else. With Dani, it always felt, even in 2003-2004 though there were some dodgy moments (such as the swimsuit scene, but I'm not complaining) that she was still suffering. I don't get that with Bianca.

I'm not really talking about individual events, more that each event

If we take the classic case, Bobby. It felt like everyone of her storylines, with a few exceptions during 1990, moved her forward as a character each time. From a school girl, to an ill-fated marriage, to miscarrying, to adopting a child. Bianca feels like stuff happens to her, but nothing ever really changes.

I couldn't really explain it any better!

Bianca went through one of the single most life shattering things that can ever happen to a person when Rocco died, but really wheres the character development to come from such storylines. Rocco hasn't been mentioned a single time I don't think so far this year (correct me if im wrong) she went semi off the rails for a few weeks then she was cured.

I completely agree with you guys. I can't have an opinion on Bobby unfortunately, I do know who she is but I have only seen a few episodes from back in the 90's.

I was actually just thinking about this the other day - Bianca has had massive stuff happen to her; rape, losing a child, a failed marriage etc.

But yet watching her on screen, it doesn't feel like any of that stuff has happened. I don't feel like the character has grown stronger/developed since she's been on the show.

I know she can't just mope around every episode and I wouldn't expect that to happen, but as you pointed out Ryan, she seems to be down for a few weeks and then she's fine again. Then she never mentions what she has been through again.

Kevin, come to think of it I don't think Rocco has really been mentioned this year. I do remember (I think it was Brax) said to Heath to make sure he's not going for custody of Darcy as some sort of replacement to Rocco - or something along the lines of that. Apart from that I don't remember Rocco being mentioned.

I will be quite glad to see the back of Bianca when the time comes (hopefully it will be soon). When I look at Bianca all I see is this woman who has been having an on-off relationship with Heath Braxton for the past 1-2 years.

Home and Away used to be quite amazing at dealing with stuff like that, but they have been seriously slipping for quite some years now.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April has mentioned Rocco to Bianca and also Irene commented about him to Celia.

In context I talk about a cat I had who died more than anyone has mentioned Rocco. I'm sure in part it is due to not wanting to keep a depressive note in H&A but even so.

I only saw a bit of the Rape storyline and personally I know how something like that affects a person for decades afterwards. Certainly reflects on interpersonal relationships to an extent. I find some scenes where Bianca is facing a shouting Heath very unrealistic because even with the best recovery you always feel some reticence about putting yourself in certain situations, even if you 'trust' the other person.

I find April a 'Blah' character. The only time I really found myself interested in her was during her fling with Heath. This could really have sparked some interesting dynamics over the whole Heath being Rocco's dad storyline had it been played out to it's fullest extent and not ended with April reverting to type.

Archived