Favorite Love Triangles?

Guest Aquamarine

Out of the shows history, which were your favorite love triangles and did you think it ended the right way? The two love triangles that stand out to me are Will/Dani/Gypsy and Kim/Kit/Rachel. I think what made both so entertaining for me to watch was the fact that it wasn't as predictable. In most storylines, you generally know who would end up together before it even starts. With Will/Gypsy and Kim/Kit, I didnt really feel the right couples ended up together.

Gypsy / Will / Dani was also my favourite one. Beth / Rhys / Shelley was a really good one too. Most love triangles the show has done ever since have been awful. You always know who's going to end up together and most of the time they make it far too black and white with the person in the middle having to choose between the knight in shining armour and the total jerk who treats them like crap. I'm guessing that the purpose of that is to get the audience to think that the character is making the "right" choice, but most of the time the person in the middle just looks like an idiot for acting like choosing between those two is really hard.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I would have liked the Rhys/Shelley/Beth triangle more so if I didnt feel at that point that Shelley and Rhys' characters were ruined and portrayed in such a negative way that the only Sutherland that was supportive of them were Dani. I also found it unrealistic and horrible that Beth was left the caravan park by herself to raise five kids.

Thats also why I loved Will/Dani/Gypsy, as I felt if Gypsy would not have gotten pregnant (and both characters werent set to leave at the same time), I think Will and Dani would have stayed together and I felt overall, their relationship was a happier pairing than Will and Gypsy. I have a few 2003 episodes recorded but the one I wish I had was the episode Will returns and tells Dani he made a mistake. I was so hoping she would tell him how she felt as I think that would have been a better exit for her than the one she got.

Archived