TV Week Logies 2012 !

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Hey everyone,

You can all vote for the 2012 TV Week Logies here. :)

Having already placed my votes, I was rather surprised and annoyed to discover that we can't vote for Steve Peacocke for Best Male Talent, yet we can vote for Lincoln Younes? :huh:

They both arrived at the same time, so I wonder why Steve isn't in the category. I voted him for Best New Male Talent but I would rather have voted for him for Best Male Talent. He really deserves that gong.

Anyway, enough ranting!

Start voting everyone!! :D

I think it's because Steve hasn't had any big roles before Home & Away so I suppose that's why he is in the New Talent category whereas Lincoln appeared in Tangle which already has two seasons. I could be wrong. :unsure:

Well, I would have at least thought that Steve played a bigger role this year than Lincoln, yet Lincoln is a candidate for the Best Male Talent...? :huh: I found it a bit odd. Maybe Casey's trial primed his actor for the Best Male Talent category..?

Having already placed my votes, I was rather surprised and annoyed to discover that we can't vote for Steve Peacocke for Best Male Talent, yet we can vote for Lincoln Younes? :huh:

They both arrived at the same time, so I wonder why Steve isn't in the category. I voted him for Best New Male Talent but I would rather have voted for him for Best Male Talent. He really deserves that gong.

I thought it was weird how Lincoln was in that catergory yet Steve and Dan were in New Talent!

I think it's because Steve hasn't had any big roles before Home & Away so I suppose that's why he is in the New Talent category whereas Lincoln appeared in Tangle which already has two seasons. I could be wrong. :unsure:

Well, I would have at least thought that Steve played a bigger role this year than Lincoln, yet Lincoln is a candidate for the Best Male Talent...? :huh: I found it a bit odd. Maybe Casey's trial primed his actor for the Best Male Talent category..?

As Barbara mentioned in her post, Lincoln Younes has appeared as a regular cast member in the Australian series "Tangle" for the last two seasons (third season still to be aired on tv) and therefore it makes him ineligible to be in the Best New Talent category. On the other hand, Dan and Steve have not featured as a regular cast member in an Australian tv show before so they are eligible to be in the Best New Talent category.

It has nothing to do with how big a role that they've played on the show. :wink: In 2013, all three will be nominees for Most Popular Actor (Silver Logie).

The New Talent category has a smaller list of nominees compared to the Most Popular Actor, so both Steve and Dan have a better chance of being nominated for the award than in the Most Popular Actor category.

As for Steve not being in the Most Popular Actor category, well I guess the criteria would be that he is a newcomer to Australian tv and hasn't been cast as a regular cast member on any tv show before so therefore he is only eligible for one category at a time. In other words, he can't be nominated for both categories at the same time.

Thanks for explaining that to us, QA. I had forgotten Lincoln participation in Tangle. That definately explains why he is in that category!

That's good that the New Male Talent category is smaller. Steve's acting has just been an amazing this year and I really think he deserves recognition for that!

So....everybody Vote for Steve Peacocke!! :P

I hate the way they keep screwing up the New Talent lists. So James Mason's months in a recurring role in 2010 before being promoted to the opening credits don't count, neither do Zoe Tuckwell-Smith's seven years of guest roles. And for the third year in a row, they don't take into account a whole season of Power Rangers (Dan Ewing this year, Firass Dirani last year, Anna Hutchison the year before).

I voted Josh Quong Tart for Male Talent, Rihannon Fish for Female Talent, Josh for the Gold (though if I'd thought about it longer I would have gone with) Adam Hills for Presenter, Crownies for Drama, Hamster Wheel for Light Entertainment, Ben Barber for New Male Talent, and Demi Harman for New Female Talent

Archived