Mid 90s Eps

Guest beau_t

Watching one of the latest episodes, it's funny how much we take the internet for granted. With Irene and co trying to research surrogacy, where to go, who to talk to etc, and with the Doctor unwilling to provide any information, they were totally stumped. Today, you'd just google it. We forget how much harder it was to get information only a few years ago.

Yeah I was thinking the very same thing! I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if the Internet was non-existent!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

There are a few heavy cuts to the recent Sally/Scott episodes. One of them was at the end of episode 2161 where Sally and Shannon have a conversation about Sally having sex with Scott before it cuts right to the end where Sally says 'I just wish it hadn't happened'. In the uncut version Sally actually tells Shannon what she and Scott did and Shannon asked her if they were 'safe' etc

• 4 months later...

More mid 90's episodes have been recently uploaded - just thought I'd say the episode where Stephanie goes crazy at the end of the episode was cut to bits. In the original we see her in a number of scenes prior the cliff-hanger and then the actual cliff-hanger started before Liam had found her and then it ended with Stephanie screaming her head off, not just randomly like it does in the upload.

Its interesting to see how ITV cut it all up like that - presumably no one would have known (or did you?) and it would have just made the show look sloppy.

Its interesting to see how ITV cut it all up like that - presumably no one would have known (or did you?) and it would have just made the show look sloppy.

It's a long time ago now, but I seem to think we did know something was going on at the time! There may have been something mentioned in Inside Soap at the time, or maybe it was just so obvious from episodes ending abruptly and things not making sense (like when Laura got hit by the train and it went straight into the aftermath). As soon as I got online in 1997 there was so much more information available and I found out just how badly ITV were cutting the show.

Archived