Ruin

Guest JosieTash

MANY MANY thanks everyone for the GREAT comments !!!!

~JarlieFanEver~, hope you enjoy the action below and future episodes of this latest fic of mine.

Red Ranger 1, I’m totally the same bout Transformers. I've got collectables from over the various eras of the series [including the recent big screen films].

belgshep, there are no plans at this stage for Roo to divert her “missle lock” away from Emma/Rikki.

EPISODE 21

Bella “No problems at all.”

Cleo “When are you heading off?”

Rikki “Tomorrow.”

Emma “So we can sort everything out with the rosters today.”

Charlie “Em, you’re going to do the rescheduling of those rosters, aren’t you? [Emma nods] In that case, Cleo & Joey, could I talk to you in the kitchen?”

Joey [as Cleo nods] “Sure.”

Charlie [tentatively] “Actually …. Joey ……”

Joey “If you’re getting Cleo involved for the reason I think you are, I’ll tell all here what’s occurred.“

Charlie “No rush. In your own good time.”

Joey “They’re my fellow “Angels”. They deserve to know.”

Cleo “This is sounding …. juicy. What is it?”

Joey “My friends, the night of THAT once in 500 years full moon, “things” happened ….. and now I’m ….. pregnant.”

Rikki “Suddenly, I feel better. [Joey gives her a curious look] Well, I thought the 1st time that I got moonstruck was BAD. Kissing my, at that point, biggest enemy Zane Bennett AND waking up in the moon pool AND not remembering a THING about it.” [see pics below]

Joey “I think I deserved that one, especially since I told the dad that our 3 daughters would each become “Angels”…. and because I “think” you can keep a secret, I’ll tell you that the guy I slept with ……is DEX.”

Bella [surprised voice] “OK. Didn’t see THAT one coming, but at least he's one of a kind. Totally fits that bill.”

Emma “Joey, how are you and Charlie coping?”

Joey “It’s a head spinner, but Charlie’s been AMAZING. I’m such an IDIOT for getting moonstruck, but she STILL loves me.”

Cleo “OK. Why … do you need me?”

Charlie “You’ve been moonstruck. It will help when we talk to Dex’s family, especially since Dr Walker is aware of that science brain of yours.”

Cleo “That makes sense, especially that once, when I went all “werewolf”, I had a siren song voice ….. that was more angelic than Ruby & Bella’s natural singing voices combined.”

Joey “I’ll contact Dex. Arrange the meeting. Hope I can say more the a few words to him THIS time.”

Emma “Marilyn & Indi are at Sexy Tales right now. I take it you’ll want them there?”

Joey “They’re part of Dex’s family, and Marilyn knows ALL about this, so it’s best she is there.”

Charlie “OK. Let’s arrange to talk to Dex’s family tonight.”

Cleo “Rikki, I’m supposed to be working at the shop with Em tonight. Cover for me?”

Rikki [cheeky voice] “No probs. Working at Sexy Tales with my fiancé is GREAT. We DO get work done when we are working together there. Well, SOMETIMES we get work done.”

Emma [after smiling at her wife-to-be] “And Rikki and I will be traveling pretty light when we go away. Camping stuff and…..”

Rikki [finishing her beloved’s sentence] “And barely any clothes.”

Bella [smily voice] “Of course.”

Joey “Right. I’m gonna tee things up with Dex and his family. It’ll be “fun” when I start to show. Certain people will have a field day.”

Rikki [cheerfully] “You COULD tell the likes of Colleen that it’s an immaculate conception.”

Joey “It was magical, and …. don’t want to say too much, but …. no, I really shouldn’t.”

Charlie [a bit tentatively] “Not that I overly want to hear this, but …. was Dex .... good that night?”

Joey “Not even CLOSE to how much YOU pleasure me in bed, but …… it was ….. no, can’t finish that sentence. I feel soooo dirty even THINKING about what I did …… I’m gonna phone Dex.”

No one, not even Rikki, pushes the point about THAT fateful night ….. and whilst Joey make the call to Dex, Alf [caravan park house] has an idea, so with Billy, Ruby, Miles, Roo, Nicole & Romeo gathered for a meal after they finished helping Billy move house ….

Alf “Everyone, I was thinking or REALLY celebrating Billy moving in. Let’s go on a trip on the Blaxland, especially since we KNOW that Billy can swim.”

Miles [jokingly] “You’ve cursed us now. You realise that.”

Billy “Can Rubes come with us? She IS my girlfriend.”

Nicole “AND my bestie.”

Alf “You’re more than welcome, Ruby.”

Ruby “Thank you, but although I’d REALLY love to go, a certain person is bound to be VERY annoying.”

Romeo [taken aback] “I thought we were on speaking terms again these days, after what happened tween us at the start of the year.”

Ruby “No, not you. [happy voice, after she smiles the biggest smile at her b/f] Although, thanks for reminding me how AWESOME it is that I have BILLY in my life now. [sternly] No, I’m talking bout Roo.”

Roo [surprised] “What have I done to YOU?”

Ruby [sternly] “You harass my friends EVERY chance you get. [happy voice] All I can say is, Em & Rikki are WONDERFUL. Their daily fire & ice routine, you’ve GOT to love it.”

Roo “Their personalities AREN’T the problem. Well, not THAT part anyway. I’d just rather if one of them is MALE.”

Ruby [after deciding that a fight right now with Roo isn’t realty the best of ideas] “That’d be Em then. Rikki’s definitely the more girly of the two, but I can’t see Em having a sex change any time soon.”

Alf [kinda annoyed] “Well, this is ”great” dinner table chat.”

Roo “Rubes, I’ve got no issues with you, and I WON’T say anything bout Emma & Rikki during this Blaxland thing.”

Ruby “Promise?”

Roo “If I was your age, I’d pinky swear it.”

Ruby “Sounds good enough to me.”

Alf “So, are we all agreed on a trip on the Blaxland, say, in 2 day’s time?”

ALL, including Ruby, agree … before Billy, Ruby & Nicole head up to his new room, to get Billy totally settled in.

+++

That night, Jarlie & Cleo arrive at the farm where the Walkers live. Everyone [sid, Marilyn, Indi & Dex] is home. Indi & Sid are VERY intrigued about what’s going on.

Cleo [especially clear & concise voice] “Before we get to the heart of the matter of why myself, Joey & Charlie are here tonight, here’s a bit of a pseudoscience lesson. [sid looks especially intrigued] Each and every month when there’s a full moon, if myself or one of my fellow “Angels” see it OR its reflection, weird things happen. For example, the 1st time that Em got moonstruck, she was as tactless & flirtatious as anything. SOOOO totally the opposite of her normal self. She even told her aunt, who was wearing a tartan outfit, “Is that a new skirt, or did you borrow our picnic rug?” Yeah, weird, strange things like that.”

Sid “As intriguing as all of that is Cleo, and believe me, it IS truly intriguing from a medical POV, why are you telling us this?”

Indi [“waking up”] “This has got to do with what Marilyn & Dex were taking bout recently. OMG!!! .......”

Joey [cutting in, sensing what Indi is about to say] ”I’m pregnant …… to Dex.”

Sid [taken aback] “What? How? Aren’t you?.........”

Dex [happy voice] “It’s true. Joey got moonstruck. She seduced me and we slept together. You’ve been mostly a GREAT dad, dad, so I hope I follow in your footsteps.”

Indi [perplexed] “But … Joey, I KNOW you soooooooo don’t like men that way.”

Cleo “THAT’S the power of the full moon. It’s affected me a few times, especially in the early days, in the months just after 1st got my tail. It’s like, once when we got moonstruck, Em, Rikki & I were ALL behaving like giggling little 5 year olds, but the night that that happened to us was only 3 years ago.”

Sid [overawed, but kinda annoyed] “So …… sounds like MANY people know about all of this before me. Marilyn, didn't you think I had the right to know about this?”

Marilyn “I CAN see why you’d think that, but Joey wasn’t even sure about the pregnancy till REALLY recently. I convinced her to be tested.”

Sid “Tested ? How? Those home pregnancy tests aren’t ALWAYS accurate.”

Joey “But HOSPITAL tests are ….. and, no, they didn’t reveal my “Angelness”. Thankfully.”

Sid [still quite in shock] “I just can’t …….”

Indi [cutting in, sternly] “OMG !!!! Charlie, how are you coping? Cheating is just WRONG. No matter how.”

Joey [holding back tears] “Deserved that one.”

Indi “I can’t believe it. Dex is gonna be a DAD.”

Dex [cheerfully] “To triplets. I’ve got my heart set on a few names already.”

Sid “So, you’re going to proceed with this, Joey?”

Joey “The lives inside me SHOULDN’T pay the price for ME being a stupid git.”

Indi [sarcastically] “I’ll second that. The stupid git part. [inquisitively] Actually, lives? names?”

Marilyn “Joey told Dex that they’re having THREE kids.”

Joey [still teary] “I told your brother that they’d become “Angels” like me, after we take them ….….. somewhere when they turn 16.”

Sid [vehemently, as he’s not impressed by ANY of this] ”RIGHT. Dex & Joey, the two of you are NOT to see each other, apart for medical appointments to do with the pregnancy. Is that clear? If you run into each other, that’s fine, but NOTHING pre planned. I can’t …. BELIEVE this had happened. Joey, how could you?”

Cleo [sternly supporting her fellow mermaid] “Need I remind you what I said bout the full moon?”

Joey “No excuses, Cleo. I knew how to avoid seeing it, but I didn’t.”

Charlie “AND it wasn’t ONLY Joey. Indi, to answer you query from before, bout how I feel, I’m partly responsible for ALL of this.”

Indi [sarcastically] “It’s good to know you adults are soooooo responsible.”

Sid [annoyed] “Indi, NOT helping.”

Charlie “I think we should go.”

Sid [sternly] “Good idea …. and keep HER away from my son.”

Dex [passionately] “But dad!!!!”

Sid [annoyed] “Not now, Dex.”

Joey [teary] “Soooooo sorry.”

Cleo, Charlie and the tearful Joey exit the farmhouse, and after they do …….

Sid [still kinda annoyed] “Dex, have you got ANY idea, beyond baby names, bout how you’re going to be able to help Joey? You’re just a kid yourself, and TRIPLETS!!!!”

Marilyn “I think he’ll go rather well. I mean, you KNOW how much love he has to give.”

Sid “Love’s NOT enough, and besides, this is REALLY Joey’s problem.”

Dex “But they’re my kids. Sure, Joey seduced me but [Darth Vader voice] I am their father.”

Indi [cheerfullly] “That was cute.”

Sid [sternly] “CUTE doesn’t pay the bills.”

Marilyn “I think we should help.”

Indi “Not sure if I’m totally OK with that idea.”

Sid “Neither am I.”

Dex “Been thinking of getting a job.”

Indi “NOT at Sexy Tales, or, at least, not EVER on the shift as me.”

Sid “I agree with Indi. Now Dex, I know you’ve had a while to think about this, but until the babies are born, it won’t REALLY “hit” you. You two were enough of a handful. Right, I don’t know bout the rest of you, but I’m going to bed. Hope I can sleep. Marilyn, you coming?”

Marilyn “Soon. [sid heads off to their bedroom] Dex, your dad will calm down. I’m sure of it. Night.”

Dex [as Marilyn heads off to bed] “So ….what do you think, oh sister of mine?”

Indi [smiley voice] “Trust you to sleep with a lesbian. An “Angel” lesbian at that. I’m going to phone Romeo, to de-stress. Won’t tell him about this, as I’m sure Joey will want to be the one who breaks the news to all. [as she heads for her room] Night, Dex.”

+++

Meanwhile, outside the caravan park house, Billy is talking to Rubes – before she heads for home …..

Billy “Be weird to not be in the same room, or even same house, as you.”

Ruby “Same, but it’s like you said, there’s not galaxies tween us, and we’ll get to see each other all the time. Hey, you should join the “Angels”, Charlie & me when we go swimming in the morn. Ronnie would LOVE to meet you.”

Billy “Yeah, and I could “Jazz” to look like him …. OR a male “Angel”, maybe.”

Ruby “THAT would be VERY coooool. I’ll give you a call, when we’re about to bail from the house. Before I go tonight though, here’s a moving house pressie for you. [Ruby hands Billy the gift wrapped present, and he starts to feel it – to try and ascertain what’s inside] Hey, no cheating!!! Just open it. Think you’ll like it.”

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Friday, 8/4/11

The 1st time Rikki got moonstruck …..[h2o series 1, episode 18 “Bad Moon Rising”]

h2o-e18MoonPoolPO3.jpg

BMR.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MANY thanks for the TERRIFIC comments !!!!!

Red Ranger 1, although I’ve bought the occasional Transformers comic, I’m more so into the toys. Re my fic, things [of course] don’t go as planned for both groups’ trips away.

belgshep, I will say that Ruby’s pressie to Billy leads to some intriguing moments later in this fic.

~JarlieFanEver~, the pics that I include are great way to explain things that have happened in “h2o-just add water!” without going into flashbacks to do so.

EPISODE 22

Billy “So do I. [billy unwraps the present, and says excitedly] Cooooool. WAAAAY sexy girly undies !!!!! [happy voice, after Billy kisses Ruby softly on the lips] I’ll think of you whenever I’ve got any of these 5 girly briefs on. Not that I NEED a reason like that to think of you.”

Ruby [cheeky voice] “Just remember the golden rule.”

Billy “Don’t get caught.”

Ruby [chuckles, and whisper to herself] “The police in my family soooo ends with me. [normal voice] Night, Billy.”

Billy [after Ruby kisses Billy on the cheek] “Night. Drive safe.”

Ruby gets in her car and heads for home.

+++

In the main bedroom of the “Hunter House”, Jarlie chat whilst in bed ……

Charlie [kinda frustrated] “Although I “get” why Sid behaved the way he did tonight, I REALLY wanted to sort things out.”

Joey [a little sullenly] “We did. I can only officially come into contact with Dex at medical appointments for the bubs.”

Charlie “True, THAT bit is sorted, but what about everything else? Like, how does Dex REALLY fit into this equation? You’re MY wife, and you’re pregnant, and I want to help you through this and provide for you. Be the “bread wnner” and all that.”

Joey “Sounds like Dex does too.”

Charlie “THAT’S what I mean. Nothing REALLY got sorted. I mean, not trying to man bash here, but I didn’t “go off” at you like Sid did ….. when I found out.“

Joey “I’m STILL amazed that you were, you ARE, so calm bout this.”

Charlie “What good’s anger …. when we’ve got a sitch to deal with?”

Joey “You’re AMAZING, and I’m forever yours … if you want me.”

Charlie “DEFINITELY want you. I’m going to try to sort out this sitch soon, but right now, some lovin’ would be GREAT.”

Joey “Sounds good to me.”

Charlie “And I think you’ll look even HOTTER when you really start to show, especially when you’re in “sea mode”. Actually, do you THINK you WILL show that way too?”

Joey ”Not sure. I DO remember that Em told me that, ages ago, she had red hair when she had a tail AND yet was still a blonde as a human.” [see pics below]

Charlie ”Yeah. When she dyed her hair, to NOT seem sooooo …… dependable & logical for a change. Anyway, back to YOUR sitch. The GREAT thing about being your wife is that my life is ALWAYS full of surprises.”

Joey [kinda sullenly] “Good and BAD. Actually, speaking of which, I REALLY need to know that we are TOTALLY on the same page.”

Charlie “What do you mean?”

Joey “You’ve been GREAT with everything so far, but ….. I know that you know that I didn’t tell you straight away when I remembered that I slept with Dex. [deep breath] Well, here’s EVERYTHING. The morning after I got moonstruck, I woke up naked in Dex’s bed. He REALLY had his hand on me when he woke, apparently. He woke before I did. He had his hand here [Joey puts her own right hand her nightdress-clad left breast]. He remembered what happened that night before I did … AND he was naked when he woke too. So, yeah, a whole BUNCH of lies I told you … by not telling you straight way that they happened.”

Charlie [a little tentatively] “So …. that’s EVERYTHING?”

Joey “DEFINITELY.”

Charlie “Well ….. I’d say then, it's just like when I cheated on you, when I slept with Hugo …. and who KNOWS how long I would have kept THAT from you, if you hadn’t found my earring at his house. I’d say, this all makes us EVEN.”

Joey [sternly] “I don’t know about that. I lied waaaaaaaaay more than you AND I’m pregnant.”

Charlie [tenderly] “Here's my answer to ALL of that.”

Charlie surprises Joey by kissing her …..and we’re not just talking a little peck on the cheek. Charlie waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay PASHES Joey !!!!! …..

…….. because, in Charlie’s eyes, her wife’s continual self depreciating comments and apologies are, in ways, MUCHLY heartening. It’s like Joey is REALLY trying to make up for what she’s done. However, they ARE testing Charlie’s bewildered mind. Charlie knows that Ruby is worried about her, and MAYBE Rubes is right. Maybe, ALL of this is too much of a shock and Charlie isn’t REALLY dealing with what’s going. Charlie also muses that she's run from ‘ships soooooooooooooo often that maybe that’s why she’s determined NOT to run this time.

All that is clear is that Joey & Charlie are BOTH are deep in thought about the bigger picture of their ‘ship, even as they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay kissing AND touching each other in the most erogenous of places …….

.... it takes while a while for either to drift off to sleep this night.

+++

The next morning, after Charlie, the 5 mermaids, Ruby & Billy [who stayed in his human form] have completed their daily swim, Emma [at home] hears a weather report on the radio......

Emma “Rikki, we’ll have to change plans. Storms & rain are predicted for morrow where we’re headed.”

Rikki [kinda annoyed] “There goes our cooling off period with Kanga.”

Emma [happy voice] “Maybe not.”

Rikki “We’re going to different place when we get away, with good weather?”

Emma “No. I thought of a different compromise.”

Rikki “Sounds intriguing. I hope it doesn’t involve us NOT getting married.”

Emma “Not at all. It’s just that we're going to have to get all kissy and the like when we’re alone. Like now.”

Rikki “OK. Call me silly. I mean, don’t ACTAULLY call me silly, not that you would, but I don’t follow.”

Emma “Where do we encounter Roo the most?”

Rikki “The diner …. or when she pays us a visit at Sexy Tales.”

Emma “Correct.”

Rikki [a combo of curiously & frustrated] “And?”

Emma “How bout no PDA’s in the diner?”

Rikki “But I LOVE kissing you.”

Emma “Same here, but is it worth getting DISSECTED over?”

Rikki [skeptically] “IF she “buys” it?”

Emma “We can be VERY persuasive. After all, we got EVERYONE in the Bay, even Colleen, to keep our scaly secret. Didn’t we?”

Rikki [optimistically] “Good point. Let’s head to the diner.”

+++

Elsewhere in the same house, Charlie is keen to speak to Sid …..

Charlie [after Sid answers the phone] “I’m keen to REALLY talk about what’s going on.”

Sid “Is Joey even “late” yet? I know her pregnancy was confirmed at the hospital, but it’s too early to really determine anything else just yet.”

Charlie “We KNOW she’s pregnant with triplets AND that we all want to be involved. Both myself and your son, I mean.”

Sid “Charlie, I’m not trying mess you about, but I just need more time to get my head around ALL of this. Joey getting tested again, after she’s “late”, will give us ALL that time. You “get” what I mean, don’t you? This sitch is “intriguing” enough, so doing SOME of it “by the book” is a good idea. Agreed?

Charlie “Yeah, I CAN see the sense in that. Talk to you soon.”

Sid “Later, Charlie.”

After the call ends, Charlie is still thinking that she wishes that she has a clearer picture bout everyone’s roles/responsibilities in this messy sitch is. Sid, meanwhile, is more that a tad overawed by the fact that he will be a grandfather “slightly” sooner than he expected. It’s also surprising that, of his 2 children, it’s the somewhat unique Dex who will be a parent 1st.

+++

At the diner, Emki are having breakfast. Roo enters the building and she’s surprised. Emma & Rikki aren’t kissing, and they continue not to do so. Roo’s annoyed, but not about the lack of kissing. She was looking forward to the cruise aboard the Blaxland, but the same bad weather that scuppered Emki’s getaway plans have also caused the boat trip to be postponed.

Emma [with Roo on the other side of the room] “I get the feeling we’ve startled Roo.”

Rikki [happy voice] “Yeah. TOTALLY a Kanga in the headlights.”

Emma “Let’s go over and talk to her.”

Roo is very intrigued when her 2 least fave people in the Bay head towards her …..

Emma [politely] “Morning, Roo.”

Rikki “Hello, Ka …. Roo. We’ve got a proposition for you”

Roo [sarcastically] “I’m NOT into threesomes, even if they other 2 were GUYS.”

Emma “Deserved that one, I guess.”

Rikki “Anyway, you’ve seen us today, PAINFULLY with the no PDA’s?”

Roo “Yeah. It’s VERY mature, but what’s going on?”

Emma “There’ll be no kissing tween Rikki & I here OR anywhere we KNOW you’ll be IF you ditch your plans to contact a certain marine biologist.”

Roo “I’m impressed by your maturity BUT I still wish you were normal.”

Rikki [sarcastically] “Not coming to our wedding then?”

Roo “You’ve GOT to be joking.”

Rikki [smiley voice] “Good, because we’ll REALLY be PASHING that day.”

Emma “So, is it a truce tween us?”

Roo “You PROMISE no kissing in my sight?”

Rikki “We can deal.”

Roo “OK then. The ONLY place I has Dr Denman’s contact details is in my mobile [as she points to her phone on the table she is sitting at.]”

Emma “REALLY keen to delete them FOREVER.”

Roo “2 weeks without PDA’s here and I’ll let you do just that. I’d prefer you NOT to change your schedule to avoid me either.”

Emma “That shouldn’t be an issue.”

Roo “Rikki, do you agree?”

Rikki “Reluctantly, AND skeptically, yes.”

Soon after, Emki finish their meals and bail. As soon as they have, Colleen approaches Roo ….

Colleen “I’m SOOOO glad you did that. Those 2 in here each and EVERY morning. Always all over each other. It’s enough to make you not want to get out of bed.”

Roo “Hope they keep THEIR side of bargain.”

+++

Nearby [on the beach under the pier], Emma & Rikki chat …..

Rikki “I KNOW it’s for a good cause, but it’s still annoying not being able to kiss you in the diner.”

Emma [cheerfully] “There’s an upside to this. [Rikki looks at Emma curiously] Notice how long we were in there today.”

Rikki “It seemed ….. [realises they weren’t in the diner as long as they usually are] Good call. So, you’re saying, we kiss elsewhere, like here, and spend LESS time in the diner.”

Emma “Exactly. We spend as much time kissing in there as we do chatting & eating.”

Rikki “Em, your head should be a LOT bigger than it is …. to house that MASSIVE brain of yours. Yeah, your mind is ALMOST as impressive as your backside.”

Emma [tenderly] “Well, our ‘ship is DEFINITELY worth it and I just ADORE you. Indeed, here’s a little something else ….. just for being, well, amazing you.”

Emma [who’s facing the water] raises her right arm, with her hand like a stop sign, which activates her power. She freezes a VERY precise amount of the water that is lapping on the shores of the beach. Rikki is impressed, but not surprised, by Emma’s precision…. as Rikki’s fiancé has created a 30 centimeter long ice sculpture of 2 mermaids kissing [similar to the pic below]

Rikki [cheerfully] “Em, that’s just AWESOME !!!! [Rikki WAAAAAAAAAAY kisses Emma on the lips] I’ve got to take a picture of it. Will be the most fave photo I’ve EVER taken.”

Emma [as Rikki grabs her mobile out of her pocket] “Good idea, but we won’t need a photo if we can get it to Bella …. so she can use her power to jelly & “cure” the water in the statue and, yeah, make it permanent.”

Rikki “GREAT idea. I’ll go and get some water proof gloves from the diner, so we can carry it home, without going all scaly in the process.”

Emma “I’ll go and get them, so you can be with my gift to you.”

Rikki [as Emma starts to head for the diner] “Actually, we may need those gloves after all. Do you see who I see ….heading towards us on the beach."

Emma “I don’t recognize …… [Emma realises who Rikki is talking about] VERY good call, especially since …. have we EVER seen her this way before?”

Rikki “Not in uniform. I don’t think so.”

Emma [calls out] “Constable Watson, could you give us a hand?”

Georgie, who’s wearing a red bikini top and a waist-to-knee pink & gold sarong, is rather surprised that anyone recognized her - as it’s not often that she’s out & about in the Bay in civi’s.

Georgie [curiously, as she gets closer to being under the pier] ”Hi, to both of you. How can I help?”

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Wednesday, 13/4/11 !!!!

The shape of Emma’s mermaid statue ….. …. AND her intriguing hair

MK.jpg

Emma-RedHerring2.jpg

MANY thanks to you all for your ACE comments !!!!

Red Ranger 1, all I can say bout the re-release of the original versions of Optimus Prime, Prowl etc is SNAP [as I did the same thing as you]. Re Transformers dialogue, the most memorable line from the cartoon [for me] was when Grimlock & Spike were somehow teleported to a medieval like alien world and Grimlock said “If us not go with strangers, us not go.”

Re my fic, Ruby’s present to Billy causes some intrigue in the action below !!!!

belgshep, getting Georgie involved in this fic is a non police capacity was VERY muchly inspired by the recent on screen scene where she asked Charlie how THAT kiss with Brax was and the like !!!

~JarlieFanEver~, it’s coooooool that you’re enjoying my fic !!!!

EPISODE 23

Emma “Have you got a towel in your bag?”

Georgie “Yep. [Georgie removes her sports bag from her right shoulder. As she places the bag on the ground, she sees the kissing mermaids statue] Emma, that’s just gorgeous.”

Emma “Call me Em, especially since you’re one of the only people in town to know Billy’s secret. Muchly thanks for your comment about my latest masterpiece.”

Georgie [as she removes a beach towel form her bag] “OK Em, given your sitch, I take it the towel’s to transport it to a much better place, like you’re fridge at home, or to Bella. If that’s the case, I’m just chillin’ at the moment, before my shift later today.

Rikki “Only if you’re sure it’s not going out of your way.”

Georgie “Not at all, and besides, Charlie talks about you two & the other “Angels” in passing at work, so it’s good to have a chat to you.”

Emma “Constable Watson, Bella’s working at Sexy Tales today, so its best we just take the sculpture home, and, yeah, put it in the freezer.”

Georgie “Please, I’m not in uniform. Call me Georgie.”

Emma “Georgie it is then.”

Georgie “I’d say, since your place isn’t that far from here, we could chat as we walk there. I know my car is near here, just in the diner car park, but I’ll walk with you to your place, and then foot it back here. It’s such a great day to just be enjoying the sun”.

Emma “We can take turns it carrying the sculpture.”

Georgie “If you’ve only just frozen that water, the sculpture going to be muchly ice cold, so I’ll use the towel as well to carry it.”

Rikki “Mind if I carry 1st?”

Emma “It’s your pressie. So makes sense.”

Georgie [as she picks up the statue as puts in on the towel] Sound like a plan to me.”

+++

Soon after, as Rikki, Emma & Georgie continue the walk to the “Hunter House” [with, at the moment, Georgie carrying the mermaids kissing sculpture] …..

Emma “Georgie, since you know who we live with, what’s your sitch?”

Georgie “I share a place with a guy & a girl”.

Rikki [cheeky voice] “So, are the three of you together, like, REALLY togther?”

Emma [sternly] “RIKKI !!!!”

Rikki “Even IF Georgie is in a bi 3some, on scale of intriguing ‘ships, a soon-to-be married couple of gay “Angels” is higher up the scale than that kinda 3some. I doubt there IS actually an official scale of intriguing ‘ships but, yeah Em, you & me WOULD be higher than Georgie & her pals if there was one.”

Georgie “Charlie’s always talking about you two being totally opposites attract, and she’s soooo right. [pause] Anyway, to actually answer your query, about the people I live with. We’ve been friends forever. We met in kindergarten, and have been besties mostly ever since. Yeah, Catherine & Dale & I go waaay back, and the only time we’ve not been friends is soon after we got all hormonal when he “hit” high school. Catherine & I had a falling out – as we both had feelings, and we’re talking way beyond friendship feelings, for Dale, but even that spat tween us didn’t last long. Btw, since you 2 girls are together, I will say at I THINK, these days, that Catherine is bi. I mean, she’s never tried to “hit on” me, but there’s just been certain comments she’s made when we are out & about that make me think that she is.”

Emma “That is kinda intriguing, about Catherine and all, and, yeah, you 3 sound like Cleo, Rikki & I. Muchly friends since the day we met, except, well you KNOW the deal tween my Rikki & I.”

Rikki “Speaking of which, and you don't have to tell us, are you seeing anyone at the moment?”

Georgie “Afraid not. Yeah, still looking for Mr Right and that’s why it’s great that Dale & I are besties. Catherine & I can talk to him about what guys might be thinking and the like, and he can vice versa with us.”

Rikki “Sounds like a plan.”

Emma “Speaking of ‘ships & the like, I wonder ….. IF the council introduced some admittedly VERY weird bi-law that said that you HAVE to go out on a date with one of the River Boys, who would you choose? I’ll start us off. I’d go for Brax. He reminds me of you Rikki. Cheeky, adorable most of the time, but he “pushes the envelope” when he needs to.”

Rikki “I hadn’t thought bout it that way, but yeah, good points there. [jokingly] Oh, and trust you to phrase the question that way.”

Emma “Well, it’s not like the 3 of us would logically go out with any of them.”

Rikki [cheerfully] “So true. Especially when I’ve got YOU, Em. [slight pause] Georgie, who would you go for?”

Georgie [as they enter the front yard of the “Hunter House”] “Mostly likely Heath. I know sometimes he acts like a complete Neanderthal, but other times, there’s just something about him makes him quite ........ interesting. Anyway, your turn, Rikki?”

Rikki [as they arrive at the front door] “Too late. I’VE been saved by the bell.”

Emma [slightly sarcastically] “What bell?”

Rikki [as she hits the front door bell] “This one”.

Georgie [smiley voice] “Charlie’s right. You 2 are “hopeless”.”

Emma “Many thanks, for helping us today.”

Georgie “It was my pleasure. Catch you later.”

Rikki “Likewise.”

With that, Georgie heads back towards the diner, whilst Emki put the sculpture in the freezer.

+++

The next day, Miles is sorting out of load of washing the he’s just taken out of the dryer – as the weather is inclement. He’s in the main room of the caravan park house. Roo is also in the room [working on her latest business proposal] and the pregnant Nicole is on the couch, not doing too much at all ….for a VERY good reason, i.e. her due date is fast approaching. About half way through sorting through the clothes, there’s an item that’s got him a bit perplexed as to whom it belongs to. It’s the size that’s puzzling, as whilst it appears to be too big for Nicole, it also seems to be too small to be Roo’s. Miles puts the item to the bottom of the basket, and sort through the rest of the clothes …. but when they are all sorted through, Miles wonders just what he should do. Should he “blindly” put the item with either Roo or Nicole’s clothes? or actually ask one of them? Miles is pleased that neither of the girls is paying any attenrion to what he is doing, so he is able to give the decision some more thought, before he makes his choice ……….

Miles [a bit tentatively] “Roo, could I talk to you in private? On the back patio, perhaps?”

Roo “I’m rather busy. Besides, we’re all family here.”

Miles “This is rather …….. Can I whisper what I want to say to you?”

Roo “Won’t Nic think we're keeping secrets from her?”

Nicole [truthfully] “No, I’m good with it. Whisper away.”

Roo “OK. Miles, what’s going on?”

Miles [whispers to Roo] “There’s some ….. sexy undies in the washing ….... pink, frilly ……see through …. and ….”

Roo [softly] “Show me. [Miles discreetly shows her the sexy pink briefs] LOVE them, but they're not mine. [normal voice] So that means, [spirited voice] good on you, Nicole.”

Nicole [perplexed] “What do you mean?”

Roo “Miles suggested that some [softly] sexy undies [normal tone] were mine, but they’re not, so that means they must be yours.”

Nicole [knowing they aren’t hers, but suspecting whose they might be] “Oh, yeah. Felt like a bit of a “pick me up” …. given how REALLY beached whale I am right now.”

Miles “I’ve added them to the clothes of yours that I’ve just sorted.”

Nicole “Thanks, to both of you.”

Roo “No probs. Actually, how about we all head off to the diner? My treat. I need a break or my head might explode.”

Nicole “Thanks for the offer, but I’ll “hang” here. Oh, and could someone put my clothes just beside me here on the couch?”

Miles “Yep. [he picks up Nicole’s clothes and takes then over to where she is] Oh, and Roo, I’m in.”

Roo & Miles bail ........... and soon after, when Billy arrives home …..

Nicole “Hi, Billy. Before you do anything else, you “might” want to look through the clothes of mine that were in the washing today. All I’ll say is that Miles found something intriguing as he sorted through the clothes.”

Billy “What do you mean?”

Nicole “Just look.”

Billy sifts the bunch of Nicole’s clothes, and finds what she's talking about ....... THOSE see though pink sexy undies!!!!!

Billy [he picks up the item of clothing, and clutches it mostly inside his left fist] “I wondered where these got to.”

Nicole “May I suggest this DOESN’T happen again. I covered for you. Miles thought they were Roo’s initially.”

Billy “No wonder Ruby loves you.”

Nicole [tentatively] “Just wondering .... how often do you do this .... the girly undies thing?”

Billy [feeling he really owes Nicole for the cover up] “I usually go with Ruby’s undies only game plan these days. So yeah, I sleep in them, but ........” [he voices trails off]

Nicole “Sounds like there’s more of this story to me.”

Billy “Are you sure you WANT to hear this?”

Nicole “DEFINITELY. It’s sounding VERY intriguing.”

Billy [tentatively] “OK. Sometimes, occasionally, I ........wear them to school .... not sports days and the like, but yeah. [billy looks that Nicole is clearly bout to ask why] They remind me that I’m different ... if that makes sense.”

Nicole “It does, mostly. OK, just 1 more query. [billy looks at her inquisitively] Because of the whole “Jazz” thing ........ actually, do I WANT to know this or not? ...... I do. Yeah, are you ALWAYS Billy when you wear clothes like the one in your hand?”

Billy “Most of the time I’m Billy, but sometimes, when I’ve just talked to Rubes late at night on the phone, it’s sometimes good to see MORE than just a photo of her, if you get my drift.”

Nicole [taken aback at Billy’s honesty] “Muchly loud and clear. Oh, and Billy, THAT wasn't a drift. It was more like a blizzard."

Billy [after smirking at Nicole's comment] “Ruby knows what I just told you. I asked her before the 1st time I did it. I never sleep as Rubes. It’s just a 5 second thing, after we chat.”

Nicole “Sounds .... very you, and it’s good to know that Ruby is kinda here even when she’s not here. Thank you Billy, for opening up to me like that. You didn’t have to, so yeah, muchly thanks.“

Billy “Well, you ARE Ruby’s bestie. Oh well, I better get these [the sexy undies] back where they belong ... and if you wondering, I usually take care of items like these, washing and all, at Ruby’s.”

Nicole “Sounds like a GREAT plan.”

Billy [as he heads upstairs to his room] “Definitely.”

+++

A few days later, Joey is in the bathroom at her home. Charlie notices that her wife has been in there for quite a while, and is a little concerned …..

Charlie [calls out, as the bathroom door is closed] “Is everything alright in there?”

Joey [who’s been softly sobbing] “You can come in.”

Charlie [tenderly, after she opens the door & enters the room] “What’s up? I can tell you’ve been crying.”

Joey [a bit sullenly] “Well. I’m “late”, so it’s REALLY official now.”

Charlie [supportively] “It’s not the end of the world AND we’ll be able to see medically officially if your suggestion to Dex, triplets, is correct, and each of them will be wonderful like their mum.”

Joey [slightly bewildered] “I still know how you do it. Being this amazing despite all I’ve done.”

Charlie “That’s easy. You’re MY Angel and I’m looking forward to seeing you with a big preggy belly, especially when we’re swimming.”

Joey “I’ll have to ask Cleo & the others IF there’s EVER been another “Angel” that’s been in the family way.”

Charlie “Hope not. Be GREAT if you’re the 1st.”

Joey “I’m going to contact Dex and make an appointment. I take it you’ll ……”

Charlie “I soooo want to be there.

Joey softly kisses Charlie on the lips, before she heads off to make those phone calls.

+++

Soon after, Jarlie meet up with Dex & Sid at the hospital. Although it’s way too early for an ultrasound, the tests Dr Bentos performs on Joey, without indicating any of her “Angelness”, does confirm what Joey said the night she got moonstruck. Many many thoughts enter Dex’s head, but they’re all jumbled up. It’s like, his brain can’t process all the rapidly occuring new thoughts, so Dex takes a leaf out of good friend April Scott’s book. Although he hasn't got a pen & paper, Dex imagines he has .... so he can 1 by 1 ”list” everything he is thinking. Dex knows that April took the whole list making AND everything ä little too seriously earlier this year, but the precise way she had things - be it in my mind, or in her room – is just what Dex needs right now.

Dex really concentrates, so each different thought clearly defined. It’s like, Dex is ......

 Pleased that Joey is preggy with triplets

 REALLY looking forward to be as much as a dad as he can to the 3 female children.

 Keen to sort out a fair few things with Joey & Charlie …….like, maybe, Dex could move into the “Hunter House” – to be as close to little Danica, Adrian and whichever name Joey chooses for the other triplet.

 Intrigued by Sid’s behaviour, as Sid now seems actually rather receptive with what’s happening with Joey/being a grandfather.

 Wondering if Sid’s behaviour is just a “front” that he's putting on because of his work colleagues .......... AND

 Perplexed about Charlie – as he thought she might have had issues with him naming 2 of the babies, but she’s rather nonchalant/not worried about it.

Charlie, meanwhile appears to be happy about Joey being 100% pregnant with triplets, but he’s is merely all but mirroring Joey’s responses to the sitch. Internally though, Charlie isn’t so sure. Its like, can I be this strong? Should I HAVE to be? Sure I was as distracted as Joey THAT night, but she’s not been truthful to me a number of times since. Charlie knows she could drive herself insane with all of these thoughts scampering about in her head, especially since part of her really likes the idea of being a mum to Joey’s triplets.

Charlie decides she’s not keen on any more thoughts about this matter right now, and finds a GREAT way to distract herself. She visits Nicole, who is also in the hospital, as she gave birth to a healthy baby girl just yesterday. Nicole is nowhere near as prep’d as Dex, so she's yet to have chosen a name …. but when she does, Charlie muses that the name of Nicole’s bub will be on the lips of many, many people in the years to come, as the child [like her mum] is a total UBER cutie !!!!!

+++

A week later, Ruby arrives at the caravan park house. Nicole is on the couch, with her baby nearby, when Rubes enter the house ….

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Monday, 18/4/11 !!!!

I’m LOVING all the comments. MANY thanks to you all !!!!

Red Ranger 1, the “classics” were re-released whilst the Action Masters were still available here in Oz. It took it that they were “piggybacking” on the renewed interest in the franchise. I got many of the classics – but I wish I’d got Mirage. He either wasn’t re-released or I never saw him. Whilst character wise I wasn’t too interested in Mirage, I LOVED that he transformed into a Ligier F1 car.

Re my fic, the ice sculpture that Emma created with her mer-powers, it’s pretty small – 30cm’s in height, 2cm’s thick, 16cm’s in width.

~JarlieFanEver~, soooo glad that you continue to enjoy my “take” on the H&A-verse !!!

belgshep, it’s ironic that you mentioned Roo in your response ...... see below to see what I mean.

EPISODE 24

Ruby “Morning, Nic. How’s everything with you and the bub?”

Nicole [smiley voice] “Tessa’s just sooo adorable and cute. Haven’t got any kind of schedule going with my cutie as yet, but I don’t care. Yeah, so far, being a mum’s pretty coooool.”

Ruby “How’s everyone here been?”

Nicole “They’re soooooooooo supportive, especially Miles & Billy.”

Ruby “Sounds coooooool.”

Nicole [really happy voice] “But not AS cool as what Billy’s been doing and IS doing right now. Actually, could you pick up the toy giraffe that’s next to my cutie, and put it under the [bed]sheet next to me on the couch?”

Ruby “Sounds intriguing. Oh, and I LOVE that Cat is amongst the cuddly toys near Tessa. Actually, I’ve never seen the giraffe before. Who gave it to you?” [see Cat pic below]

Nicole [wryly] “Um. A certain boy …..surname Pierce.”

Ruby [happily] “Billy’s just the best !!!! [Ruby gently picks up the 20cm tall cuddly toy, being careful not to disturb the mostly sleeping Tessa. She then heads for the couch] Why UNDER the sheet?”

Nicole “Think about it, and you’ll know.”

Ruby [after she puts the toy giraffe under the sheet] “Um ……. No, I’m “tapped”. Got NO idea.”

Nicole “All I can say is ….. JAZZ.”

Ruby is taken aback with the toy giraffe MORPHS into Billy !!!!!!!

Ruby “How [shakes her head in disbelief] …… is that even possible? Thought you couldn’t do inanimate.”

Billy “I can’t. On the outside, I looked like a fluffy, cuddly toy but I had all the internal organs of the universe’s smallest EVER giraffe.”

Ruby [excitedly] “That’s just ….. there’s no words to describe how cooooooooooooooool this is.”

Nicole [as Billy, “dressed” in the sheet, gets up and heads upstairs] “Rubes, I’d NEVER steal a boyfriend off you, but if Billy were single, I’d sooooo want him.”

Ruby “And why wouldn’t you? He’s come all the way across the universe.”

Nicole “Not suggesting at you should be all preggy anytime soon, but I think Billy will be a GREAT dad. He’s been VERY helpful to me, and the BEST play toy for Tessa.”

Ruby “It’s fantastic things are going so well for you. [billy, fully dressed, re enters the room] Mind if I borrow my b/f?”

Nicole “No probs. Where you headed?”

Billy “The beach. Just to catch some rays and yeah, just “hang out “ with my Rubes”.

Nicole “Hope you both have a good time.”

Ruby [as she & Billy bail and Nicole goes over and gently picks up & lovingly holds Tessa] “Will do.”

+++

Billy & Rubes exit the van park house and quickly make their way to the Bay’s main beach. They choose their spot [on the Stewart’s Point side of the surf club] and Ruby strips down to her orange & yellow bikini.

Billy “Looking GREAT, Rubes AND familiar. In your undies and all.”

Ruby [as Billy takes off his shirt] “I take it I’m not the ONLY one of us wearing girly bikini bottoms.”

Billy “You “might” be right.”

Ruby “Might?”

Billy “The hot pink pair you bought me are on under my boardies.”

Ruby “Cooool. I still don't REALLY know WHY I think that’s cool. I guess, its part of what makes you “you” AND secrets like this are also fun.”

Billy “Sounds good to me.”

Ruby “Actually, speaking of private things, you know how you like to REALLY look at my bod?”

Billy [really happy voice] “Do I ever [normal voice] and I’m glad that you don't mind when I do these days.”

Ruby “Well, you’re my b/f, so you’re allowed to. Besides, you don’t ogle my cleavage any more – which is good. [tentatively] Anyway, since I’m … well endowed, I’m wondering, especially since we were talking to Nic bout babies, if you are, you know?”

Billy “Ironically or otherwise, I’m quite average, for a human.”

Ruby “GREAT that you knew what I was talking about.”

Billy “Well, you did say endowed.”

Ruby “Good we're on the same page, so ….. I was wondering ….. since you can ……”

Billy [sensing what Ruby is about to say] “You want me to be ….impressive, like you?”

Ruby “Would be nice.”

Billy [after briefly thinking out the request] “No problems. After all, I came to be with you AND will make up for all the times I’ve waaaaaaay checked out your bod.”

Ruby [flustered, upon realizing something] “Billy, I just remembered I’ve got to be somewhere. Enjoy your swim and everything.”

Rubes VERY quickly puts on her dress and bails from the beach, lea'ving behind a VERY perplexed Billy. Ruby goes to the van park house where Nicole is surprise to see her ….

Nicole [seeing the Ruby is distressed] “What happened? You looked sooooo happy when you left here before.”

Ruby [flustered] “I’m such an idiot. Bet Billy thinks I either want to start a family right now OR that I’m disrepectful of his culture. I mean I DO want to have his kids in the future, but not right now. I NEED help.”

Nicole [perplexed] “Say that again, but in ENGLISH this time.”

Ruby “Well, I asked Billy how ….. “big” he is, and asked if he could be bigger. You know, to match my cleavage.”

Nicole “And ….. how do you know that Billy thinks ANY of the things that you’ve said to me? Like, did you “mind meld” with him?”

Ruby [annoyed] “No, but trust me to ruin a perfectly great ‘ship.”

Nicole [a bit sarcastically] “Melodramatic much. [normal voice] Ruby, just calm down. I’ll talk to Billy when he gets home.”

Ruby “Yeah, I better bail. He’s SURE to think I want kids RIGHT NOW if I’m here when he gets back from the beach.”

Nicole “I REALLY think you should “hang” here and sort this out. After all, a little misunderstanding like this SHOULDN’T ruffle the cuddly fur of the Bilby.” [see Bilby link below]

Ruby [REALLY perplexed] “Cuddly fur? Bilby? WHAT ?????”

Nicole “Bilby. Like Brangelina, but you and Billy.”

Ruby [after shaking her head, but in a good way] “That’s ……. strangely cute.”

Nicole “With the bonus that Billy can “Jazz” into the real thing. An ACTUAL Bilby. [slight pause] Does this mean you’re going to be here when Billy gets home?”

Ruby “It does. Actually, will give me a chance to get some baby skills with your awsome cutie …. for when Joey’s bubs come along.”

Nicole “How’s Charlie coping with all of this?”

Ruby “She’s being ….. VERY official. Totally committed to her ‘ship and the bubs ….. but …… I AM worried about her.”

Nicole “GREAT you’re keeping your eye out for here.”

Ruby “Well, we were close pre Billy, especially after that whole “identical twins” thing, but yeah, now we’re even more so. Actually, kinda talking about Charlie & Joey, I wonder various things, like especially, will mine & Billy’s kids be label to “Jazz” like he can and all? Yeah, I’ve GOT to talk to Billy when he gets home. Sort things out.”

Nicole [as Ruby looks adoringly at baby Tessa] ”Sounds good to me.”

+++

At the diner, Alf & Roo have just placed their order with Leah, and when they’ve sat down at their table ….

Alf “The weather’s looking good. We should have that welcome to the house boat trip for Billy.”

Roo [a little tentatively] “Could it …. wait a week or so?”

Alf “Reports say it won’t be as nice then. Why aren’t you keen?”

Roo “It’s only been 1 ½ weeks since I made a deal with Emma & Rikki, for them not to kiss in my sight.”

Alf “Well, you won’t see them kissing when we are on the Blaxland.”

Roo “Its ONLY 2 days. I just want to be sure that I’m TOTALLY sure that I’m doing the right thing …. about deleting a certain person’s contact details.”

Alf “I GUESS that makes sense, but I'm wondering WHY you’re against Em & Rikki as much as you are?”

Roo “You know how I came back here for a fresh start? [passionately, after Alf nods] Well, those 2 remind me of my time in America. It’s like, in the middle of all the CHAOS in my life, be it to do with work, various ‘ships with men and my WOEFUL financial sitch, the ONE place that kept me SANE was a great little café that I’d go to each day. Often, I’d be the only customer in the place, which sooooo gave me time to think, unwind, de-stress. Just for a short while …. but one day, 2 girls came in and REALLY started pashing. The male owner of the place didn’t mind, of course, and I didn’t want to be involved in a confrontation at my FAVE place. So yeah, these 2 girls, whoever they are, RUINED my sanctuary from the crazy world outside this café’s 4 walls..……. as they kept on being 1 step short of TEARING each other’s clothes in there EVERY day. It was just TOO much …… and now, every time I see Emma & Rikki have even the softest, quickest kiss here, I think bout those other 2 lesbians AND everything else that was going on in my life when I was in the States, and I sooooo DON’T want to be reminded of that. [relieved voice, after a pause] Wow!!! I feel MUCH better. Actually TELLING someone all of my thoughts bout this, facing up to my old life, has make things TOTALLY clear now. Yeah, NOW this REALLY is the start of a new beginning for me."

Alf [after taking all that in] “I CAN see your point. OK, we’ll organize to go away in 3 days.”

Roo [cheerfully] “Many thanks. That will be plenty of time."

+++

Elsewhere, Billy arrives home and is surprised that Ruby in sitting on the couch, with no one else in the room …..……

Billy [perplexed] “Is THIS where you needed to be? I … I don’t get it.”

Ruby [tenderly] “Can we talk?”

Billy “Muchly. I’m worried about why you just took off from the beach like that. [pause] Where’s Nic, by the way?”

Ruby “She’s upstairs with Tessa.”

Billy “That’s cool. So ….. what do you want to talk about?”

Ruby “I want to set the record straight. I’m NOT disrespectful of your culture AND I DON’T want to have kids for a while.”

Billy [bewilderedly] “Oh. That’s good to know.”

Ruby “So … you didn’t think I was sounding like that when we were talking on the beach?”

Billy “Not at all.”

Ruby [as she rolls her eyes] “Silly Ruby.”

Billy “I don’t get it.”

Ruby “I jump to conclusions. I mean, I want to have your kids, but not just yet. It’s intriguing, and “slightly” more sensible than me. [billy looks at her curiously] Your peoples’ view on sex, I mean.”

Billy “Our worlds are soooo different. Joey & Dex and THEIR sitch is proof of that. Speaking of all things like this, I got the impression from our “mind meld” that you’ve …. been with guys before?”

Ruby [a little tentatively] “I have, [normal voice] but it’s funny you should say that. Now that you’re by my side again, I realise that YOU’RE the reason I had a “thing” for both Romeo AND Casey. When we were “hanging out” by the lake where you’re from, I realized that I’ve NEVER been connected to a boy like that before and, yeah, chasing after Romeo, being with Casey, it was better than being alone. I knew that it couldn’t last though, so I broke up with Casey, but …. [a bit tentatively] do you remember what happened tween me & him that especially involved Charlie?”

Billy “I take it you’re talking about you getting busted by your mum …. AND the similar incident when you & Xave “hooked up” at the farmhouse.”

Ruby [a tad churlishly] “Yep. I DO have a habit of being busted by people when I’m with guys. [normal voice] I PROMISE there’ll be NO trouble like that, when we “get together.” Speaking of which, and I’m just testing the waters here, I’m wondering what our sex life will be like. I mean, I’m sure I won’t want to sleep with you every day, but more than once or twice more in my life would be nice.”

Billy “I’ll give it some thought.”

Ruby “Sounds good. I’ll have to tell Charlie bout this. I mean. I know she knows about your culture’s beliefs, but she probably thinks we HAVE slept together already. It’s how parnetals are.”

Billy “I know what you mean, with us going against the teenage “grain”, especially when Mr. Stewart and some other people here in town made some not so nice comments bout drag queens and the like when they were on the TV news or in the newspaper.”

Ruby “I like that we have our little secrets that no one else knows.”

Billy “Speaking of which …….. “

Ruby [slightly taken aback, after Billy whispers in her ear that he’s more well endowed now] “Impressive, and waaaaay thank you for doing that.”

Billy [after Ruby softly kisses him] “You’re DEFINTELY worth it, and its cool that you don’t mind that we’re not all “rabbits” all the time.”

Ruby “Well, I’m not sex crazy, and we’ll work something out tween us bout all of that.”

Rubes & Billy seal their kinda decision with a BIG hug !!!!!

+++

2 days later, Emki are having breakfast at the diner [having kissed under the pier before they got here] when Roo enters the building ……

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Saturday, 23/4/11 !!!!!!!

Links to pics of an ACTUAL Bilby [ie not Ruby/Billy]

http://www.google.com.au/images?hl=en&...259&bih=579

Nicole, Cat & Ruby

RubyE5217-6.jpg

MANY thanks for the AWESOME comments !!!!!

Miranda, I’m glad you like the way I format my fics. The way I see it is that if I know exactly what’s going on [esp. who & how etc a line of dialogue is spoken] it probably helps the readers too.

Red Ranger 1, thanks for the goss bout Mirage & Wheeljack. Now I’m REALLY glad I did get the re-release of the latter, although it’s another case of car [the iconic Alitalia sponsored Lanica Stratos] over character.

Re Roo’s attitude, I look at as similar to April & her OCD sitch in real H&A ….. both not dealing with the source of their issues, so their reactions [esp. the dissection threat by Roo] spiral out of control.

Belgshep, Roo & Emki are involved in much of the latest action below.

~JarlieFanEver~, the baby name is very tongue in check but I just couldn’t resist !!!

EPISODE 25

Roo “Impressive. I’ve not seen you two kissing in here for ages.”

Rikki ”Ka ... Roo, you DO know what Em’s motto is, don’t you?

Roo [after a wry smile] “The whole “Failure is NOT an option” thing.”

Rikki [a little surprised] “So, you KNEW we were NEVER going to break our word …. as Em would’ve “KILLED” me if I tried?”

Roo “Yeah, but I WAS hoping for her propensity to being, you know, [softly] spanked [normal voice] would have won out.”

Emma [politely] “Does this mean our deal is complete?”

Roo [after accessing Dr Denman’s contact details on her mobile] “There’s the delete button. Her details will be gone …. forever.”

Rikki [cheerfully] “Em, may I?

Emma [muchly happy voice] “DEFINITELY.”

Rikki has the BIGGEST smile on her face as she hits the delete button, with her beloved Emma also muchly with the smiling …….as the threat of the mermaids’ GREATEST adversary arriving in the Bay is OVER !!!!!!

Roo “Nice doing business with you, and I DO hope you keep your word. No kissing in my sight – even without THOSE contact details hanging over your heads.”

Rikki “Em’ll make SURE we keep our word. [cheeky voice] I think.”

Roo “Later, you two. I’m off to prep for tomorrow.”

Emma “Oh yeah, the boat trip for Billy. Rubes told us that you guys were going to be heading off. Hope you all have a GREAT day. Later, Roo.”

Rikki [as Roo bails] “Em, since neither of us has got a shift at Sexy Tales till mine morrow night, how about we getaway too? Yeah, the secluded camping trip that we were thinking about recently.”

Emma “GREAT plan. Let’s quickly, efficiently go home and pack everything we’ll need.”

Rikki “Clothing should be easy. Pretty much ONLY a bikini for both of us. You’re g-string one, I hope.”

Emma “I do believe you like spanking me as much as I do.”

Rikki [cheeky voice] “Maybe.”

Emki finish their meals, and head for home.

+++

The next day, Alf, Roo, Romeo, Miles, Nicole, Billy & Ruby set off on their relaxing day on the Blaxland. As Romeo lifts the rope of its mooring post which releases the craft from the wharf, Nicole thinks about Tessa for the millionth time since they left the house …. as this is the 1st time she’s not been in the same place [be it the hospital or at home] as her little one. Nicole at least knows that her daughter is in VERY safe hands, because the soon to be parents Charlie & Joey are looking after Tessa today.

The group on the boat travel about under a virtually cloud free sunny sky, and whilst the Blaxland & its passengers make their way along the rivers & esteuries of their hometown, Rikki & Emma exit the waters of that same river system [far downstream from the Blaxland] after a joyful swim. The mermaids come ashore on the very secluded little beach where they slept last night. Whilst Emma & Rikki are letting the sun [rather than Rikki’s powers] dry them, they both think of the last night – when Emki spent much of the night only in their bikinis. The lovers, despite bringing a small tent and a sleeping bag that can accommodate both of them, realised that the night was warm enough not to use EITHER the tent or the sleeping bag, as Rikki & Emma gleefully slept naked cuddled up together - with Rikki using her powers to become a human blanket for the engaged couple …. but not until after Emki had eagerly enjoyed each other’s bodies to the full !!!!!

The duo, on this fine sunny day, enjoy having THIS time, THIIS place and each other ALL to themselves. It gladly feels like the muchly in love mermaids are the ONLY 2 people in the universe. All of that makes doing what they love MOST …. admiring each other’s mermaid-ness [golden tails, scaly bikini like tops, wild & free hair and enhanced - compared to ”land mode” – breasts], looking lovingly at each other and waaaaaaaaaay PASHING ……all the more special.

Meanwhile, everyone on the Blaxland is also having a great time, especially Roo. Her recent talk with Alf, along with her successful deal with Emki, has made her happier that she has been in months, if not years, and she’s really looking forward at what the world “throws” at her from now on, and whilst Roo now has a more positive outlook on the future, Ruby & Billy [at the very front of the boat, with the others elsewhere onboard the vessel] set theirs in motion ….

Billy “Rubes, I’ve been thinking out the whole “rabbits” thing, and I’m NOT keen on being with you THAT way for just any reason. Sex is about procreation for me.”

Ruby [not really surprised by that answer] “So, that means if I want to have lots of, you know, we’re going to have a football team of rug rats. Aren’t we?”

Billy “It does. [tries to lighten the mood a little] Oh, and when you say football, do you mean League, AFL, Union or soccer?”

Ruby [going with the now playfulness of this chat] “Glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t remember EVERYTHING from that “mind meld” we had. I’m talking about Rugby League. Hey, IF we do have some or even lotsa boys, they could play for my fave team, the Cronulla Sharks. Help them win their 1st EVER premiership. Yeah, THAT would be nice.” [see pic below]

Billy “I’m a little surprised you taking my decision this well.”

Ruby “Well, you’ve given up sooo much to be here with me. Your family, your friends, you’re wearing a lot more clothes these days, so it’s only fair. Besides, usually I’m not keen on talking to Charlie bout anything to do with sex, but I’ll make an exception this time, with us being very responsible and all.”

Bilby seal their decision with a BIG tonsil hockey kiss !!!! ….. before ….

Ruby “Billy, since I’m a bit hazy of some of the things I learnt about you when we had that VERY special kiss soon after you remembered who you are, I’m wondering, can people who can “Jazz” sleep with non “Jazz” people? AND will anything happen because we are different?”

Billy “People who can & can’t “Jazz” can procreate with each other, and there’s no side effects when they do. Besides all that, we’ll both be human when we do want to start a family.”

Ruby “That’s good to know. It’s like, I REALLY wouldn’t you want to change into a what-you-REALLY-are when we’re going all “rabbits”, as that .........would be painful. [pause] Anyway, sorry to sound all 20 questions, but is there a way we’ll know any of our kids are like you?”

Billy “If they can “Jazz”, you mean? [Ruby nods] That gene only “kicks in” when child has their fifth birthday, so we’ll ask each of our kids to try to “Jazz” into something when they are 5. Oh, and even through I’m human right now, there’s still “Jazz” DNA underpinning all of that, so our kids might have the ability to be like me.”

Ruby “Sounds cooooool. Actually, I think Mulder, Scully AND those DREAMY Winchester boys would soooooo have a field day with me & Charles and our ‘ships. “Angels” and “Jazz” and the like. Actually, speaking of Charlie, I think it’s GREAT that, where you’re from, a same sex couple can align themselves with a straight couple……...”

Billy [finishing Ruby’s sentence] “Yeah, and sleep together at the same time that the man & woman are procreating.”

Ruby “Totally makes sense. [pause] I almost can’t BELIVE how, well, responsible we’re being. I feel like …. doing something silly to square the ledger.”

Billy “I take you still sleep ……”

Ruby [happy voice, finishing his sentence] “Yep. Good point. Still sleep in ONLY my undies.”

Ruby giggles, before she & Billy walk hand in hand to join everyone else [aside from Alf who is driving] at the back of the boat.

+++

An hour later, Ruby, Nicole & the others are muchly enjoying their pleasurable cruise on the estuaries of the Bay when FIERCE storm clouds quickly gather above them ….

Alf [perplexed] “This weather wasn’t on any of the forecasts, and I’ve keeping track of the reports all day on the radio as well.”

Ruby [sternly] “Roo, it’s NOT the “Angels” who are doing this, if THAT’S what you’re thinking.”

Roo “Hadn’t even contemplated that. [Ruby looks surprised] I’m in a pretty good “place”, EVEN with Emma & Rikki at the moment.”

Alf [loudly] “Right. Everyone, put on your life jackets. I’m turning for home. Try to outrun it.”

The storm is QUICKLY upon them, making the usually pristine still waters quite choppy. It’s VERY winding and raining, with the fierce – borderline cyclonic - winds making it uneasy for the Blaxland [engine and all] to make ANY headway against it.

Meanwhile, Emki [in “land mode”] see that the sky is beginning to be not so idyllic ……

Rikki “Em, weather’s not looking so good that’s heading our way. Shouldn’t we …. get moving? To avoid the storm.”

Emma “I’m worried about Rubes and the others. Want to be able to help if they phone.”

Rikki [cheeky voice] “Might even save Kanga ...... if we have to. Maybe.”

On the Blaxland, things are getting worse. With the weather even more intense, Alf is pleased that everyone DOES have their life jacket on ESPECIALLY when a fierce combo of howling wind & waves sweeps Roo OVERBOARD !!!!!!! …. into the raging, rapidly moving waters !!!!

The same conditions also cause Billy to lose his footing as the boat is buffeted bout by the muchly unsettled waters. Billy hits his head as he falls and is, of course, knocked unconscious.

Ruby [frantically] “Someone phone Em !!!! She & Rikki ain’t that far away !!!! They’re our BEST chance to save Roo !!!!”

Romeo phones Emma, whilst Nicole & Ruby tend to Billy and Alf & Miles do their best to keep control of the Blaxland against the fierce weather.

Downstream, Emma had just gotten off the phone with a somewhat anxious [to say the least] Romeo …..

Emma [calm and succinct as ever - despite the chaos] “Blaxland’s in trouble. Roo’s overboard. Billy’s unconscious. WE’VE got to find Roo.”

Rikki [mockingly] “Why should we help? They were probably out there celebrating us fleeing town.”

Emma [in a similar tone, going with her fiancé’s humour] “That’s NOT funny. Even for you.”

Emki quickly secure their camping gear to one of the trees at the edge of the secluded little beach, before they dive into the all but totally calm water. Romeo told Emma exactly where Roo went overboard, and the 2 blonde mermaids go to “maximum impulse” speed almost immediately. Emma & Rikki “fly” through the water, quickly heading for where Roo is floundering in the rapidly moving river upstream from the mermaids.

Meanwhile on the Blaxland, Billy is now conscious, and Ruby is especially pleased that there’s NO loss of memory this time. Things are also going well for Alf & Miles, as the Blaxland is making VERY good headway against the fierce weather. Indeed, Alf tells Miles they should be clear of the stormy seas & winds in a few minutes, as the storm is heading in the opposite direction to the boat. All aboard the Blaxland muchly hope that Roo will be alright.

Whilst the Blaxalnd is faring well, Roo is soooooo disorientated. She’s caught in the fiercely rapid waters that are surging her downstream. The storm clouds still fill the sky above Roo, and she fears the raging river will SMASH her body against something like a large submerged rock or tree. Meanwhile, Emma & Rikki, now that they are amid the fierce & murky waters, have dropped to “standard impulse” speed as they search for the floundering Roo.

All of a sudden, Roo’s worst fears come true ….. when her torso THUDS against something !!!!

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Thursday, 28/4/11 !!!!!!!

Ruby in the colours of her fave team

scan0023.jpg

MANY thanks for your continued support and comments !!!!!!

Red Ranger 1, see below for what happens to Roo … including a VERY deliberate Buffy reference/homage !!!

~JarlieFanEver~, I’m MUCHLY glad that that pic of “Rubes” in footy gear exists … as its’ perfect accompaniment to that part of my fic.

belgshep, I kind of took inspiration for the sudden storm from when the Millennium Falcon encountered what was left of the planet Alderaan [i.e. all those asteroids] in the original Star Wars film. It’s also a bit of reference to all the natural disasters of late … floods, earthquakes etc.

EPISODE 26

Roo is VERY worried that this is the end. Surely whatever she just SMASHED into will have caused her to sustain internal injuries. Roo suddenly strangely feels that she is going forward … AGAINST the raging current. She’s mushy disoriented, and wonders if this feeling that she’s going against the grain is just an illusion, a coping strategy, that her mind is playing tricks on her. It also feels like she is against a tree trunk AND tween 2 of its forked branches.

Roo steadily feels & sees that the waters round her are getting CALMER. She wonders if it’s just that the storm has dissipated, or that the weird sensation she had – of going against the current - means that now she is in a part of the river that’s no longer being affected by the storm.

Moments later, the waters round Roo are suddenly VERY calm. It feels TOO weird, and that MAYBE, it’s not the storm that has ended, but her LIFE. It’s like, maybe now she’s in Heaven …. or a place of some kind beyond life as she knows it.

A familiar voice derails this train of thought …..…..

Rikki [happy voice, with her arms wrapped round Roo’s torso] “How you feeling, Kanga?”

Roo [shocked voice] “RIKKI !!!! YOU …….. YOU saved me?”

Emma [to Rikki’s left] “It’s all part of the service.”

Roo [trying to rationalize the weirdness of this sitch] “This is a dream ….. or I’m dead …. or both.”

Rikki “If this IS a dream or HEAVEN, why would you have picked ME to have saved you?”

Roo [with her brain really beginning to function again because of what Rikki just said] “Good point. I …….. maybe I’m in ……HELL.”

Rikki [sternly] “You think there are MERMAIDS in Hell ???”

THAT comment REALLY “wakes up” Roo … as she’s NEVER heard ANYONE in the Bay, ESPECIALLY the “Angels” themselves, actually SAY the M word !!!!!

Roo “I …..…[totally heartfelt] Thank you for saving me.”

Emma [smiley voice] “Like I said, it’s ALL part of the service. Now, we better get you to shore. Rikki can warm you up, and dry your clothes.”

Roo [in tween the 2 mermaids, holding onto Emma’s right hand and Rikki’s left hand as they swim to the nearby shore] “How’s everyone on the boat?”

Rikki “Find out it a sec. I’m dry Em 1st – so she can get her phone out of her pocket and find out.”

Emma, Rikki & Roo quickly reach the side of the river. They thankfully come ashore on level ground, and Rikki quickly uses her powers to quick dry her fiancé. Whilst Rikki then dries Roo & her soaking wet clothes [whilst Roo is still wearing them], Emma - in “land mode” - speaks to Ruby on the phone …..

Ruby [excitedly, and loud enough so Alf, Nicole & the others on the Blaxland can hear] “That’s sooooooo cooooool that you saved Roo AND she seems totally OK. [normal voice, with Alf & the others look VERY relieved bout Roo] Tell Roo that we’re all fine here on the boat. Even Billy. He hit his head at same time that Roo went overboard. We’ve just docked at the wharf, and are going to take Billy to the hospital, just in case.”

Emma “Totally cool. I’ll tell Rikki & Roo what you just told me AND we’ll meet you at the hospital, so the doctors can give Roo the all clear.”

Ruby “Yep. Meet you there. Later, Em.“

Roo [seconds after the phone call ends] “I can’t thank you BOTH enough, and Rikki, thanks for drying me too.”

Rikki “No probs. We better get moving. [looking at Roo] Think you’ll be able to walk to our car without assistance?”

Roo [as she stands up] “I’ll see. [walks a number of pace without any troubles] Seems like I’m good to go.”

Emma “That’s great. Btw, everyone is fine on the Blaxland. I’ll tell you the full story as we walk.”

With that, Emki & Roo begin to make their way on foot to Emma’s car – whish isn’t far from where Emma & Rikki camped last night.

+++

At the hospital, after Sid & Nurse Julie have examined Roo & Billy and given them BOTH the all clear …….

Rikki “So, how you feeling, Ka …. Sorry, Roo?”

Roo “Quite well. Thanks to you & Emma. I can’t believe I gave you both such a hard time for sooooo long.”

Emma “Hey, you were just voicing your opinion. Nothing wrong with that.”

Roo “I look forward to seeing you both, hopefully KISSING, at the diner morrow.”

Rikki [more than slightly shocked] “Thanks, Roo.”

Roo “Rikki, could you do me a BIG favour? [Rikki looks at Roo curiously] KEEP calling me Kanga. [Emma & especially Rikki look a tad shocked] It’ll keep me on my toes, and remind me who I was. Make sure I WON’T be that person EVER again.”

Rikki “Will do, [especially friendly voice] Kanga.”

Emma [as Roo smiles] “So, I’ll guessing this all means that you’ll RSVP in the affirmative to our wedding invite?”

Roo [enthusiastically] “Can’t wait for it. When IS the wedding?”

Emma “5 weeks from now.”

Rikki “Not much more to prep though. My Em, “shock”, is TOTALLY on top of everything.”

Emma “Yeah, the only thing I DON’T know is what my beloved is wearing.”

Rikki [after Emma kisses her on the cheek] “I might not be a tradionalist in most things, but it’s bad luck for my fiancé to know what my dressing dress looks like.”

Roo “I bet it will be something …. different, let’s say. Like Gypsy Nash’s scarlet number that Irene told me about … [tentatively] when I was “mouthing off” bout your wedding recently.” [see Gypsy pic below]

Rikki [mischievously] “You’ll all see. Pretty soon.”

Roo “Indeed. Well girls, [as Roo walks away] catch you later.”

+++

In the weeks that pass tween Emki saving Roo and Summer Bay’s wedding of the year, Colleen isn’t that only one who’s NOT looking forward to Emma & Rikki getting married. The people of the Bay can TOTALLY see that Emki are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay committed to each other, but some of them imagine/think of Emma as a blonde haired surfy type MALE – a long straight haired version of Romeo or Xavier perhaps – to justify that this wedding is “right”.

The fast approaching wedding is a MAJOR concern for Charlie – as her OWN marriage isn't so great at the moment. Outwardly, Charlie is TOTALLY supportive of Joey, even as her wife steadily gets bigger. The thing that Charlie looks forward to most these days is the daily morning swim, as Joey DOESN’T have her baby bump in “sea mode” …. and everyone at the “Hunter House” concurs when Cleo suggests it’s because Joey became pregnant as a human, i.e. she wasn’t all taily & scaly with she slept with Dex.

Speaking of Joey & Dex, although their encounters are still rather controlled, the expectant parents [including Charlie, along with Marilyn & Sid] converse about the future – with Dex still VERY keen for Joey to “lock down” a name for the third triplet ……. and on top of these less formal meetings [at places like the diner], all are pretty keen for when Joey has her 1st ultrasound in the coming weeks. Although Charlie is inwardly the least keen, Dex is ESPECIALLY keen to see Danica, Adrian & TBA on the ultrasound monitor AND have the pics and video of his unborn children. Dex is VERY pleased these days that he CAN provide for his daughters – having, ironically, scored a job at the surf club …. especially to do with using his abundant directorial & blogging skills to promote the club AND Summer Bay in general. Indi is, of course, pleased that Dex won’t be working at Sexy Tales.

+++

It’s now the afternoon before the day of the wedding and Emma, having planned EVERYTHING to a T [supposedly], is surprised by her soon-to-be wife ……

Emma [to Rikki, with the engaged couple being the only 2 in the main room of their home] “Soooo looking forward to spending our last night as single women cuddled up together in bed.”

Rikki “Em, sorry to have to do this to you, but you CAN’T be here tonight. Can’t see the bride the night before the wedding.”

Emma [smiley voice] “You little tradionalist you. [surprised voice, after realizing something] Hey, if I’VE got to bail, are you saying I’m “butch” ?”

Rikki [all but deadpan] “Well, you ARE the more male of the two of us. No offence.”

Emma “I can deal. [tenderly] After all, I ADORE these gorgeous 2 pigtails of yours [as she runs her hand down Rikki’s right pigtail] AND you DO have bigger “puppies” than me.”

Rikki “Although you’re “probably” not so keen on the idea, I LOVE that we both have NO idea what the other is wearing tomorrow. [Emma smiles – as much of her love of Rikki stems from how completely unpredictable she can be] Oh, and I arranged with Irene for you to stay at her place tonight. I thought bout where Billy lives, but that place is “Raftered” these days.”

Emma “Good thinking. Especailly since Bianca & April and mostly Irene have been on our side, supporting our engagement, from day 1.”

Rikki [happy voice] “Sooooooo can’t wait for morrow. Calling you my fiancé is great, but will be AWESOME to be able to call you my WIFE !!!!!”

Emma [sexy voice] “DEFINITELY, and tomorrow night, soooo look forward to consummating our marriage, with you giving me a VERY good SPANKING.”

Rikki [cheeky voice] “As only a WIFE can.”

Emma “LOVE you soooooo much.”

Rikki “BEYOND likewise.”

The soon-to-be betrothed couple launch into a tasty, intense “game” of tonsil hockey !!!!!

+++

That night, Emma is at the beach house when Irene arrives home from work ….…….

Emma “Irene, I can’t thank you enough for letting me stay the night.”

Irene “No problems, darl. Just happy to help a waaay in love couple like you two. I WILL say that I was initially worried about how the kerfuffle tween Rikki & Roo would affect the diner, but then I realized they were GREAT for business. Yeah, a bit of live theatre each morning from your wife to be & Roo really bought IN the crowds.”

Emma “Cooooooool !!! [slight pause] Bianca & April, MANY thanks for all your support, especially ever since I proposed to my beloved Rikki.”

Bianca “LOVE you 2. So beautifully in love, just like Liam & me.”

April “Speaking of which, I HOPE your wedding day is NOTHING like Bianca’s last year, almost marrying that creep Vittorio.”

Emma “No. No fighting feelings. I mean, I know that ages ago Rikki & I were in a 4some with Cleo & Bella, but that’s LONG since over … and it will be GREAT to have my oldest, dearest friend Cleo by my side as my bridesmaid, along with Charlie as my matron of honor.”

April “I take it Rikki hasn’t “spilled the beans” bout her wedding dress?”

Emma “No, but she doesn’t know mine either.”

April “Yeah, but yours is more ….traditional, let’s say.”

Emma “I’m SOOOOO looking forward to the surprise …. and it will be cooool to see Joey all frocked up, with her baby bump and all, as my Rikki’s matron of honour. Having said that, I DO worry.”

Irene “Must be a strain on Joey & Charlie. They’ve been through SOOOO much, especially lately. Hope …… “ [her voice trails off]

April “Irene, what is it?”

Emma “She HOPES my wedding inspires Charlie & Joey to keep theirs strong.”

Bianca “With ALL you & Rikki have been through, it’s bound to.”

April “And besides, how coooool of you to think of someone ELSE just before your BIG day.”

Emma “Well, the world doesn’t resolve round me. I’m going to head off to bed. [as she heads out of the room] Good night.”

+++

At the “Hunter House”, whilst everyone [Ruby, Jarlie, Rikki & Clella] has headed to their bedrooms for the night, actually getting to sleep isn’t so easy for several people ……..

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Tuesday, 3/05/11 !!!!!!!

Gypsy’s ”wedding” dress

WedGypsy.jpg

MANY MANY thanks for the FANTASTIC comments!!!

~JarlieFanEver~, re the Gypsy pic and about wedding dresses in general, I can say that whilst many people last week were muchly wondering what Kate Middleton would be wearing on her BIG day, I was more concerned about finding pics online of dresses for Rikki & Emma that were similar to what I had in my head of what their wedding gowns would look like. Also, since you’ve since h2o e3, I can tell you I TRULY fell in LOVE with the show after seeing the Rikki-centric e6 “Young Love”!!!!

Red Ranger 1, there’s more of Dex VERY clearly showing how MUCHLY interested in his unborn children below, and of Charlie’s view on the sitch ....ALL in the midst of Emki’s BIG day.

Re Buffy, in amongst an OCEAN of fantastic eps “Becoming, Part 2”is my FAVE ep of the show EVER, esp. the scene tween Buffy & Joyce which includes “I would LOVE to be upstairs watching TV or gossiping about boys or... God, even STUDYING! But I have to save the world... AGAIN.” Also, GREAT!!!!!!!! that you’ve seen and enjoyed some eps of h2o …… sooooo much to LOVE bout the series - the characters, the show’s mythology and how brilliantly REALISTIC the tails look etc !!!!

belgshep, see below bout those having issues with sleeping … and yeah, it’s a great way to get Cleo involved in this fic [with the science] esp. as I’m focusing more so on Emma & Rikki in “Ruin” than Cleo & Bella !!!

EPISODE 27 !!!!!!!!!!!!

The “slightly” hyper Rikki is in her bed, but it takes AGES for her to drift off to sleep, as it’s REALLY strange not having Emma there to cuddle up to ….even for just this 1 night.

Jarlie are also in bed, but neither is asleep as yet. Joey’s trying to get into the perfect spot, with her baby bump and all, to get a good night’s rest. She’s also reflecting on the day she & Charlie got married …. such a joyous, happy day. Joey also thinks about her current sitch…..how she senses that, although Charlie has really tried to hide it, that that’s a growing distance tween them. It's like, the bigger that Joey’s baby belly becomes, the bigger the gulf tween Jarlie gets. Joey hopes that tomorrow brings her & Charlie closer again …. all frocked up like they were on their BIG day.

Charlie is also thinking about tomorrow. She’s seen Joey talk to Dex about the pregnancy, and whilst she knows that Joey isn’t romantically interested in Dex, their chats are another reminder of what occurred THAT fateful night …. AND of Joey’s lies since. Charlie’s trying to stay strong, but its’ MUCHLY not easy for her. Charlie looks at her now asleep wife, with Charlie focusing especially on Joey’s baby bump. Charlie, however, hopes that tomorrow will change things for the better. HOPEFULLY, it will reinvigorate Charlie’s faith …. in Joey, marriage, everything. Charlie eventually, somewhat restlessly, falls asleep.

+++

It’s now the next morning, and Emma is awake earlier than anyone else involved in the wedding. She’s got sooo much energy that she just BOUNDS out of bed even more than usual, and does more exercises than EVER this morning, with last night’s dreams of her 1st night of wedded bliss with Rikki still VERY fresh in her head. The best thing is that the REALITY of tonight will be even better than her dreams – as Rikki still has that wonderful habit of totally taking Emma by surprise.

At the Hunter House, Cleo & Charlie have just bailed to go to the beach house. Rikki, although she is just as keen to get married as Emma is, is more in a dreamy fantasy land type mood this morning and is VERY glad that Bella especially is full swing in organizing mode. Ruby & Billy assist Rikki, Joey & Bella as they eagerly get themselves ready for this most special of days …. with Irene, Bianca & April helping Emma, Charlie & Cleo at the beach house.

+++

Later that day, no one at the church [including many of the main cast] is surprised when Emma’s bridal party arrives first. Emma is gloriously dressed in an elegant ivory one shoulder gown, with Charlie & Cleo in similar colored & styled dresses. Nicole, who designed ALL the frocks for both wedding parties, LOVES actually seeing her handiwork in its natural environment, the church, on this oh so special of days for Emma & Rikki. Nicole eagerly points out the dresses to little Tessa, who is cradled in her arms. She doubts her young one will remember anything about today, but that’s just sooooo not the point, as Nicole shares in the spotlight & joy of the Bay’s wedding of the year.

The assembled crowd know that they are in for 2 bridal marches, of course, and after Cleo makes her way to the altar [looking at the crowd - especially Ruby, Billy, Indi & Marilyn – as she goes], Charlie makes the journey down the aisle. Muchly on Charlie’s mind are the last 2 weddings she attended … her own [such a PERFECT day & ceremony at the surf club] and Bianca’s almost wedding to Vittorio. Charlie’s still looking for a “sign” today. Joey’s betrayed her badly but will today, with ALL the joy it’s bringing to others, bring with it new hope for Jarlie? She’s totally in 2 minds – as she knows that today could affect her marriage, one way of the other.

When Emma divinely gracefully walks down the aisle, no one is surprised that she’s arguably the MOST PERFECT bride the UNIVERSE has ever seen. Serene, not a hair out of place, TOTAL perfection ….. with the biggest, beamingest smile to match !!!!!! Emma, of course, arrived time perfect to schedule at the altar, but she’s quite enjoying the wait, the anticipation for the arrival of her beloved Rikki …. who, being the more girly of the 2, is the one running fashionably late.

16 minutes after Emma arrived at the altar, the limo with Rikki, Joey & Bella pulls up outside the church. Dex, like he did with Emma, Cleo & Charlie, is taking pics [he’s the official photographer] of the arrivals …. and although he SHOULD be paying the most attention to Rikki, his mind [and his camera] are elsewhere ……

Joey [polite, but stern] “Dex, you’re supposed to be focusing on RIKKI, not me.”

Dex complies, taking a number of rapid fire pics of the bride … but his mind though is still focused on Joey, whose dress [whilst in no way is skin tight] muchly shows off her beautiful baby bump.

Rikki’s bridal party, 1 by 1, walk down the aisle. Bridesmaid Bella is 1st ….and her dress, which is a lighter shade of the color but the same style as Rikki’s wedding gown, sets the scene. Joey, Rikki’s matron of honor, is next. She gladly sees Charlie at the altar – and eagerly hopes that Emki’s wedding reinvigorates her own marriage.

Emma’s beaming smile gets even bigger when she sees her fiancé enter the church ….. in a hot pink strapless gown !!!! …..

…….the frock, designed by Nicole, couldn’t be more Rikki if it tried !!!!! [see Emma & Rikki’s wedding dresses below]

Rikki, as she walks down the aisle, sees Roo amongst the guests . Part of Rikki STILL can’t believe this ……. moments away from marrying her soulie Emma AND having her, until recently, fiercest rival now here MUCHLY enjoying her happiness …… along with many of Rikki’s friends AND her dad Terry and Emma’s family [parents & little brother].

Both Emma & Rikki are totally tingling when Rikki arrives at the altar, and with Reverend Elijah Johnson residing over the ceremony, Emki announce their vows to the world ……. promising to love, honour, in sickness & in health and all that. Charlie apprehensively listens. She wonders/hopes she’ll get a “sign” when Emma & Rikki vow to be faithful & truthful to each other. Will those words reinvigorate her faith in marriage? OR will they make her start bawling her eyes out and FLEE the church?? ....... knowing that her OWN marriage is over???

Both Charlie & Joey are muchly smiling, but both can sense a slight fakeness in those smiles. Joey kinda wishes, along with her mer-powers, that she has the ability to read minds …. well, 1 mind, her wife’s. Charlie, meanwhile, emotionally braces for impact … as Emma & Rikki are about to vow to be faithful & truthful to each other. Such a happy moment, as part of VERY happy occasion for the couple getting married ………but when Emki both vow to do so, those words ……….

…… DON’T change a thing for Charlie !!!!!!! ………….

………She doesn’t feel ANY differently ….. there’s still the SAME level of love, yet mistrust, in Joey that’s been building of late. Charlie, now that her mind is clearer, also realises that she NEVER would have actually ruined her friends' BIG day by running from the church - as Charlie has too mush respect & discipline to do such a things.

Now that her own moment of truth has passed, Charlie TRULY concentrates on Rikki & Emma and their BIG day, ESPECIALLY when the UBER joyous duo, after the exchange of the rings, each say “I DO !!!!!!!”

Elijah announces that the happy couple are now legally betrothed !!!!!!!! and can kiss ……

…….but before they do, Emki recite, word for word, something they said to each other [in a completely different context back then] the day after they 1st become friends several years ago ……

Rikki [muchly tongue in cheek] “It doesn’t mean we’re married, does it?”

Emma [same tone as her wife] “Now that was ACTUALLY funny.”

Emma waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay smiles and PASHES her soulmate and now WIFE Rikki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ……

……….to which the crowd [especially the bridal parties and Ruby, Billy & Roo] respond to with a thunderous, joyous applause !!!!!!!

+++

Before Emma & Rikki head off on their special honeymoon, it’s Emma who is about to throw the bouquet to tee waiting flock of single women, whilst it’s Rikki who throws the garter. Initially, Emki thought bout deciding which bride did which with a game of Rock Paper Scissors .... but decided instead to go with Emma being the bride with the bouquet, to offset Rikki being the fashionably late to arrive at the ceremony bride. Naturally, the Bay’s single women are VERY keen for Emma to throw the bouquet and when she does, there’s some fierce jostling ......

..........before CLEO!!!!!!! catches those "magical" flowers !!!!!

+++

Soon after, Emki, Jarlie, Bilby & Clella make their way to just beyond the rock pool, where the newlyweds will set off on their honeymoon. Emma & Rikki, in warm clothes, dive into the water with their friends seeing them off as the 2 mermaids head for their honeymoon destination Mako Island. Emki swim at “impulse” whilst off the coast of the Bay. They happily play with Ronnie & the other dolphins, before the 2 “Angels” go to “warp” when they reach Stewart’s Point.

Rikki & Emma EXTREMELY quickly make their way north to Mako Island, off the coast of southern Queensland. The trip, which by road would have taken several hours, takes the mermaids only a few minutes !!!!!! They slow to “impulse” as they approach the island …. and enter the moon pool via its underwater passageway.

The newlyweds, basking in the glow of their wedding, softly kiss several times whilst in the moon pool, before they clamber out … onto the sandy floor of the cave the surrounds this pool of water that has the cone of an ancient volcano above it. The duo eagerly PASH !!!!!! …. before the sun dries them, which “magically“ transforms Emki back into “land mode”, ie legs instead of tails, clothes rather than scales, Emma’s hair in a ponytail instead of wild & free and the like.

After several more kisses, the blonde duo gleefully steadily removes each other’s clothes … to the point where they've only got their bikinis on ….

Emma “It’s the weirdest thing, isn’t it?”

Rikki [joyously] “What do you mean, oh WIFE of mine?”

Emma “How you & me started. [Rikki & Emma look at each other adoringly] Yeah, funny that you “borrowing” Zane’s spark plug AND his boat led to ALL of this.”

Rikki “You know what I think? [Emma looks at Rikki curiously, yet lovingly] I think you’ve ALWAYS had a thing for getting your backside SPANKED. That’s why, even as prim & proper you were that 1st day we met, you still went along with my “fantastic” plan to take that LITTLE boat out into the BIG ocean …. like NAUGHTY girls do.”

Emma [mischievously] “You might be right.”

Rikki [cheerfully] “SOOOOO think I am.”

Emma [cheeky voice] “Don’t think you’ve ever, let’s say, rewarded me for that fateful day.”

Rikki PASHES Emma, and as they UBER kiss, the newlyweds remove the last vestiges of clothing they have on. The blonde soulmates eagerly caress & kiss ALL of each other’s bodies … with Emma AND Rikki muchly enjoy it when Rikki occasionally SPANKS her wife’s backside …….and ….

….. Emki, naked as the day they were born, steadily get WAAAAAAAAAAAY amorous beside the moon pool [the place of their mer-birth] on this 1st magical night of their marriage!!!!!

+++

1 ½ weeks later, with Emma & Rikki now muchly back in the Bay, Charlie is in the kitchen of her home. There’s no-one else here, which is a GOOD thing for Charlie ...... as she's been softly sobbing.

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Sunday, 8/05/11 !!!!!!!

Emma & Rikki’s wedding dresses

00RikkiWed1-1.jpg

MANY thanks for the GLORIOUS comments !!!!!

Red Ranger 1, you “might” be right bout Charlie’s doubts, see below.

Re Buffy, the S3 finale was also quite enjoyable, especially that dream-esque scene when both Buffy & Faith were in a coma, incl Faith’s intriguing line “Miles to go. Little Miss Muffet counting down from 7 3 0.” – and VERY cooool that you saw the ep at a convention. I know what you mean bout seeing the show recently – as I watched some of my fave episodes or scenes around the time that I referenced Buffy [“It could be bunnies”] in my previous fic, “Drahnare”. The show’s analogies [Dawn reacting like an adopted child would when she found out the truth – the Key and all] and its use of language [the verbing of nouns especially, e.g. “I kinda worked that out when I King Arthur’d it out on the stone.”] are just several more reasons why the show was astonishing !!!!!!

belgshep, I will say that the next 2 eps of this fic [incl the one below] are BIG for Jarlie !!!!! Re the wedding, my initial thoughts/plan was to have it at towards the end of “Ruin”, but it works better here – for both the Jarlie storyline and as total closure to Roo vs Emki.

~JarlieFanEver~, the [pics of the] wedding dresses are sooo gladly very muchly in character – Emma’s practical, no nonsense gown AND a VERY ostentatious [more ball/formal gown than wedding dress] choice for Rikki!!!

BTW everyone, just like how it was ironic that my recent the-day-before-Rikki-&-Em’s-wedding episode was uploaded to bttb the day before a certain other wedding, the action below is also ironic ….as its Mother’s Day in Oz today, so the scenes below are VERY appropriate.

EPISODE 28

Charlie knows that tomorrow will be a BIG day for her marriage, and she is concerned about how things will go.

Ruby arrives and heads for the kitchen as soon as she has put her schoolbag in her room. Rubes can hear that someone has just turned the tap in the kitchen on, then off very quickly after. Charlie hears Ruby’s distinct footsteps, and turned around to see her daughter …..

Ruby [a bit tentatively] “OK. What’s up?”

Charlie [tries to sound convincing, but fails] “It’s nothing.”

Ruby “Says she who’s CLEARLY been crying. Given my b/f woes in the past, I know ALL about the whole trying to hide your tears by washing your face thing.”

Charlie “I ….. I don’t know if you’ll WANT to hear what’s going on in my mind. Actually, I should head out. Talk to Bianca or Leah about this.”

Ruby “I’m a BIG girl now, Charlie. Might be able to help.”

Charlie “Are you sure you WANT to hear the gory details of your mum’s ‘ship?”

Ruby “Think I can deal, ESPECIALLY with all you’ve put up with Billy & me.”

Charlie wasn’t so sure she would have actually worked up the courage to talk to Leah or Bianca bout this, but maybe it’s what she NEEDS …. to express to someone how she is feeling, especially since Ruby seems REALLY keen to listen.

Charlie “Well, I’ll “spill” about my issues IF [cheeky voice] you do the same bout the problems in the Bilby-verse.”

Ruby [annoyed, after being taken aback] “Not you as well.”

Charlie “You’ve gotta admit that its cute name that Nicole invented for you two.”

Ruby “Yeah, but as much as I like to THINK I might be famous one day, I’m not right now, so it’s weird to have a couple name like famous people do.”

Charlie [a little tentatively] “But you’ll talk about you & Billy if I “spill” bout my issues?”

Ruby “Yeah, I want to help you, but no more Bilby. It’s just ….. TOO weird.”

Charlie “It’s a deal. [deep breath] Well …. I’m not sure how I’m going to feel tomorrow. I mean, I got through Em & Rikki’s wedding without any effects, good OR bad, but I’m worried how things might go. It’s like, not sure you’ll WANT to hear this …..it’s bout Joey & me ……getting intimate.”

Ruby “If you’re gonna say what I think you are, let’s just say that Xave could write the UNIVERSE’S BIGGEST ENCYCLOPEDIA on me upping my lust levels when he was my b/f, but my feelings were ACTUALLY elsewhere….. like when I had that “little” crush on Liam."

Charlie “That’s EXACTLY it. Trying to prove to Joey that I still love her more that EVER these days, especially when we’re sans clothes. I mean, part of me IS still MUCHLY in love with her, but don’t know if the part of me that knows she BETRAYED me is stronger. [deep breath] Any hints?”

Ruby “Wondering if you should trust your feelings in a good way morrow. I mean I know we can ALL see Joey’s belly getting bigger, but to actually SEE her & Dex’s rug rats on the ultrasound monitor COULD be your answer.”

Charlie “Because they’re the physical manifestation of what’s occurred???”

Ruby “Yep … but DON’T take my word as Gospel. Just see how you feel morrow. Don’t HAVE to decide things there and then.”

Charlie “Thanks, Rubes. I think that’s helped. Just TALKING about it has helped.”

Ruby “I know we’ve had our issues but, yeah, it’s good to talk like this.”

Charlie “Agreed. [pause] So, “spill” about your sitch.”

Ruby “Well, I know that Billy’s had to deal with lots of things on Earth, like being fully clothed most of the time but …..” [her voice trails off]

Charlie “Sounds like you’re not so keen on that whole procreation sex only thing.”

Ruby [taken aback] ’Is it THAT obvious? I mean we kiss or caress most of each other’s bodies but then I think, gotta keep this intimacy at a certain level. I don’t want kids. Well, not yet anyway ….and it’s not like I HAVE to sleep with Billy to prove anything.”

Charlie “It’s just ….not what you’re used to.”

Ruby “EXACTLY. So, come on. Advice?”

Charlie “Well ….maybe …… actually, forget I started that.”

Ruby “You can’t just take back something like that once you’ve started ….cos its sounds VERY intriguing.”

Charlie “Well, given my OWN sitch these days, I know ALL about non procreation sex.”

Ruby “That’s …..very true …..but that REALLY doesn’t help me.”

Charlie “Should. Haven’t had what MOST people in the Bay would call conventional sex in quite a while.”

Ruby [playfully, after being taken aback] “Excuse me. Are you, my MOTHER, suggesting I have KINKY sex with Billy???“

Charlie [after REALLY not expecting Ruby to respond the way she did] “NO !!!!! …… Well, I probably SOUNDED like that, and I KNOW that he’s given up sooo much to be here, but maybe, I don't know, a non kinky sex compromise?”

Ruby [deliberately “blondely”] “Like what?”

Charlie [taken aback] “Are we REALLY having this chat ….. OR …. “

Ruby [again with the “blondely”] “Or what?”

Charlie [smiley voice, going with Ruby’s attitude in the chat] “I think you’re just stirring me now.”

Ruby [playfully] “And why would I do that, MOTHER?”

Charlie [smiley voice] “Now I KNOW you’re kidding with me. You’ve NEVER called me mother in THAT tone before. It’s …..not normal ….. I mean, it’s REALLY nice, but it’s not normal.”

Ruby [playfully] “Since when have ANYTHING to do with us been normal? I mean, you’re married to a, you know, and I’m going out with a, you know …. AND for most of my life, I thought you were my big sister.”

Charlie [smiley voice] “So, you ARE stirring me …….and NOT dealing with your issues?”

Ruby [cheeky voice] “Maybe. [back to a more regular tone] so, suggestions then? I gave you food for thought about tomorrow.”

Charlie “So …. We’re being serious again?”

Ruby [slightly playfully] “Hopefully. Maybe.”

Charlie “Well …. How far would you …… like to go here? And, don’t get …..” [her voice trails off]

Ruby [finishing her mum’s sentence] “Too descriptive. CHARLES, it’s YOU I’m talking to, not Nicole. Now, what DO I want? I don’t know ….. Just something ….more than now.”

Charlie [after some thought] “I MIGHT have the answer. Maybe.”

Ruby “Sounds intriguing. Whatya got? [Charlie whispers something in Ruby’s left ear] THAT …… MIGHT just work. Billy might go for that, and it’s more than what we get up to now. I’ll talk to Billy ……when the time is right [Ruby WAAAAAAAAAYS hugs her mum] BIG thank you, Charlie.”

Charlie “No probs. Good that we helped each other. [the hug ends] Actually, although I know it’s a school day tomorrow but, and I KNOW that Dex is going t be there, so ….”

Ruby [cutting in] “Would I like to be there by your side when stepmum has her ultrasound? NO contest. School looses EVERYTIME.”

Charlie “Thanks, daughter of mine. [pause] Oh well, I better get ready for work.”

With that, Charlie heads off to her room.

+++

The next morning, Jarlie & Ruby arrive at the hospital. They meet up with Sid & Dex, before they all are welcomed into the ultrasound room by Dr Lucy Fields, an ob-gyn. Dex is EASILY the most keen to see the triplets. Joey is quite eager, but she knows that Charlie is not very keen to say the least. Charlie hasn’t verbalized her concerns to Joey, like she did with Ruby yesterday, but Joey IS pretty well aware of her wife’s unease. Charlie is trying her best to look/act/be happy this day, as she KNOWS it will be life changing. Part of Charlie’s brain, even BEFORE her chat with Ruby, had decided that THIS – actually SEEING Joey’s triplets – is make or break. Ruby can JUST see her mum’s nervous smiles, but she senses that Joey ISN’T as aware of Charlie’s feeling as Ruby is. [see Dr Fields pic below]

Joey, upon Lucy’s request, gets onto the bed and lies down. Joey lifts her top enough to reveal ALL of her baby belly, which only Charlie had seen before. Dr Fields applies the gel to Joey’s stomach, and Lucy does so, Dex muses that Joey’s baby bump is quite probably the most amazingly beautiful thing he’s EVER seen.

Joey, Charlie, Ruby, Dex & Sid are all focusing on the monitor as Dr Fields puts the scanner on Joey’s belly. Seconds later, the living breathing image of the triplets appears on screen. Sid helps Lucy point out each of the triplets to Joey & the others …….

Lucy [as she point to the screen] “There’s one of the babies.”

Dex [gleefully] “Danica !!!!”

Sid [pointing slightly higher that Lucy did] “There’s another.”

Dex [just as gleeful as moments earlier] “Adrian !!!!”

Lucy [points slightly lower that she did the 1st time] “And THERE’S the 3rd. Was hiding.”

THAT, seeing all THREE of Joey & Dex’s bubs on screen is TOO MUCH for Charlie ….. so she RUNS out of the room at EXACTLY the same moment that Joey names the 3rd child …..

Joey [beyond happily] “Charlotte !!!!!!!”

Joey, who had been focusing intensely on the ultrasound image, looks around the room …..to see her wife’s reaction to what she just said, but Joey is beyond SHOCKED !!!!!!!!! that Charlie is no longer in the room !!!!!!!

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Friday, 13/05/11 !!!!!!!

Dr. Lucy Fields [from “Grey’s Anatomy” – played by Aussie actress Rachael Taylor]

1lucy.jpg

MANY thanks to you all for your TERRIFIC comments …………

…………especially bout the Charlie & Ruby scene. It was initially going to be Charlie talking to either Bianca or Leah, but it works better this way, because much of the remainder of this fic is to do with the Joey stoyline … so it’s good to have a lead in to more of the Ruby/Billy story.

Re Charlie & Joey and their ‘ship, let’s say that it’s VERY appropriate to I’m uploading this on Friday the 13th !!! …………

…....I’ll add that one of the reasons wrote this fic is to challenge myself, with scenes like the Jarlie one below!!!!!!

EPISODE 29

Joey [taken aback] “What??? Where’d she go ???”

Ruby [sullenly, and a bit knowingly] “I’ll go after her.”

Joey “Sounds like you ………… “

Joey doesn’t want to finish that sentence, as she doesn’t AT ALL want to think that Charlie’s actions were premeditated.

Ruby leaves the room, hoping to quickly find Charlie, whilst Joey is in two minds …. go after Charlie or BASK in seeing her magical – conceived when moonstruck – babies.

Joey “Sorry, all. Gonna cut this show short … if we’re officially done, that is?”

Dex [though keen to continue to look at his kids] ”It’s OK. We’ll have the pics AND the video of these three LOVELY ladies from today.”

Sid “And we can book another appointment to relay all the info we ascertained, can’t we?”

Lucy “That won’t be a problem at all.”

Joey “Good. Cos I REALLY need to talk to Charlie.”

Ruby [moments after she re-enters the room] “Charlie’s taken the car. Thought bout searching the grounds 1st, but I headed straight for the car park, and her car ain't there.”

Joey [forlornly, as the reality of Charlie’s walk out TRULY hits] “Well. That’s it then. Knew this day would come.”

Ruby [who’s feeling a bit guilty] “Come on, stepmum. This CAN’T be the end, and you do KNOW that I’m joking when I call you stepmom. It’s NEVER derogatory when I say it.”

Joey “I DO know that. But it doesn’t change OTHER things. If someone LIED to me like I did to your mum, I’d have done the same thing that she did today. [deep breath] Rubes, I DON’T DESERVE Charlie.”

Ruby ”But …. [quickly gathers her thoughts] neither of you are looking at the BIG picture.”

Joey “Big picture?”

Ruby “Yeah, we’re a GREAT family, AND this will give Charles a chance to REALLY be a mum. You know, nappy changing, getting up at ALL hours of the night cos one of the bubs needs feeding and all that. Yeah, a REAL mum, right from day 1. She NEVER had that with me.”

Joey [“slightly” perplexed] “Why …..are you on ……on MY side here?”

Ruby [muchly tentatively “I ……. “ [her voice trails off]

Joey [encouragingly] “Please. Go on.”

Ruby [a bit tentatively] “I …. suggested this. See the ultrasound and decide, and looks like Charlie decided ..….. [confidently] and I LIKE having TWO parents. Think you should talk to Charlie. We Bucktons have a habit of FLYING off the handle. Shooting 1st, ask questions later. You SHOULD, pardon the pun, give it a shot. [pause] Dr Walker, can you drive stepmum home? and me to …. the beach? Yeah, give Charlie & Joey some time & space to sort this out.“

Sid “I can do that. But first, Dex …. how do YOU feel?”

Dex “Conflicted. I feel sooooooo GOOD that I CAN finish the sentence I’ve wanted to since I 1st found out Joey is pregnant. You DID say CHARLOTTE, didn’t you?”

Joey [emotionally] “Now, more than EVER, YES !!!!!!”

Dex “Well then, whilst it’s BAD that Charlie walked out, it’s GOOD that I CAN complete THAT sentence. Our bubs are Danica, Adrian and Charlotte. [pause] I DO really want out to sort things out with Charlie. Yeah, sort things out so that our children have THREE adoring parents.”

Ruby “I agree with ALL of that. Actually Joey, I’ll say same to you that I said to Charlie the day you 2 split the 1st time around [passionately] Fight for her, Joey.”

Joey “I REALLY can’t believe today, and don’t event THINK bout asking me how I feel fight now, cos that answer is changing by the microsecond.”

Sid [soothingly] “Joey, we’re all ready to go …..whenever you are.”

+++

Soon after, Sid, Dex, Joey & Ruby exit the hospital, and after Sid has dropped off Ruby near the surf club, Sid’s car pulls up outside the “Hunter House” …..

Dex “Joey, do you want myself or dad to go in with you?”

Joey “No. This HAS to be 1 on 1, but thank you. I’ll be in touch. Sort things out tween us once Charlie & I have talked.”

Joey gets out of Sid’s car and notices, thankfully in ways, that Charlie’s car is here. As Joey heads for the front door, Sid drives off … but he doesn’t go far. Just down the street a little, to a park, just in case things are still “south” between Charlie & Joey.

+++

Joey enters the house ……... and she’s a “tad” shocked that Charlie has packed several suitcases FULL of Joey’s things !!!!!!

Charlie [after seeing Joey’s WTF look] “It’s TOO much. This is ALL too much.”

Joey [angrily, as seeing those suitcases has REALLY “thrown” her] “You LIAR!!!”

Charlie [sternly] “Look who’s talking. HOW many times did you LIE to me?”

Joey [fiercely] “Was YOUR idea to get frisky THAT night.”

Charlie [sarcastically] “And you sooooooooo fought me about that, didn’t you?”

Joey [sternly] “DON’T worry about the PAST. FUTURE have to deal with.”

Charlie [vehemently] “AM. You with DEX’S kids.”

Joey [as calm as she can] “Don’t HAVE to look at it that way. Dex is PERIPHERAL …. OUR kids. YOU and ME.”

Charlie [sternly] “NOT going to happen. Was bad enough BEFORE the ultrasound. Now, I’ll “see“ you & Dex ****ING every time I see your big FAT belly.”

Joey [trying to be calm, but it’s not really working] “Think bout RUBY. She wants a REAL family. TWO parents.”

Charlie [getting angrier] “AM. Protecting her for BAD cheater influence like YOU.”

Joey [vehemently] “Such a HYPROCRITE !!!”

Charlie [with an air of superiority] “I didn’t get pregnant.”

Joey [as she shakes her head] “ALWAYS throw THAT back in my face.”

Charlie [firmly] “THREE faces. Your kids will ALWAYS do that.”

Joey [trying to compromise] “Will do WHATEVER it takes for US. Don’t care what.”

Charlie “That MIGHT have worked ……..[Joey looks encouraged] BEFORE you LIED to me about ALL of this.”

Joey [realizes something] “CAN’T kick me out. NOT your house.”

Charlie [more vehement and angry than ever] “JUST WATCH ME !!!"

Joey [with tears starting to well in her eyes] “You wouldn’t kick me out in the street?”

Charlie [sarcastically] “Won’t be. Your BOYFRIEND is sure to take you in.”

Joey [tearfully and angrily] “You’re such a BITCH!!!!!”

Charlie [enraged] “Best laugh I’ve had ALL day. Now, GET OUT !!!!!! NEVER want to see you again!!!!”

Joey [sternly/sarcastically] “Good idea. It’s not like Ruby’s the PERFECT daughter. Yeah, you’ve raised her SOOOOOO well.”

Charlie [vehemently] “Sounds like I raised her well enough to want to try and save you & me. Actually, yeah, you’re right. She’ll obviously STILL “south”.”

Joey [kinda pleading, in tears] “Not going to be able to convince you, am I?”

Charlie [angrily] “HATE you !!!!!!!”

That statement REALLY shocks Joey to the core !!!!!!!!!!!!!

She’s suspected that maybe this day would come, but she’s still MUCHLY shocked. Joey starts BAWLING, but she gets NOTHING but a hand on hips, if look could kill DEATH STARE from Charlie. Joey REALLY realizes that NOTHING is going to change Charlie’s mind ………and she’s VERY glad that Charlie is ONLY “armed” with THAT death stare.

Joey, whilst still muchly crying, grabs her suitcases and exits the house …..maybe for the last time EVER. Joey still sooooooooooooo loves her wife, but there’s REALLY no point fighting whilst Charlie is in this pent-up-for-centuries-volcanic-ERUPTION kind of mood. Besides that, Joey feels she’s DESEVED this from that FIRST moment she told Charlie she’s pregnant.

Charlie is still so ENRAGED that she hasn’t moved. She’s STILL in the hands on hips, death stare pose ……….whilst Joey, glumly & in a daze with suitcases in hand, walks down the street.

+++

When Joey, head muchly bowed and all, is further along the road …..

Dex [as he points to a woman walking nearby] “Dad, LOOK !!!!!!!”

Sid sees who his son is pointing to. Dex eagerly gets up from the park bench where he & his dad are sitting. Sid also heads towards Joey – but his pace is more subdued to that of Dex. Sid, despite, not knowing the exact in & outs of Jarlie’s ‘ship, isn’t especially shocked by this …. Joey moving out OR being kicked out of home. Sid also muses that, although he was initially shocked when 1st told of Joey’s pregnancy, the idea of his somewhat unique son forming a bond/’ship with the also quite out of the ordinary Joey is quite appealing. Dex & Joey may never have a full on [sex and all] ‘ship but it’s now looking like they will be they’ll be the parents of Sid’s grandkids ….unlike the initial thoughts of Dex being a more peripheral parent compared to Joey & Charlie. Sid DOES like that Dex has really taken to the responsibility thrust upon him because of the night of THAT once in 500 years full moon, getting himself a job and the like. On top of ALL of that, Sid SOOOO isn’t keen on ANY pregnant woman, especially one carrying his son’s offspring, wandering the streets as forlornly as Joey is.

Dex [calls out, as he reaches the edge of the park] “Joey.”

Joey [a combination of shocked & pleased] “DEX !!!!!“

Part of Joey is thinking “oh great. Dex & Sid obviously thought from the start that Jarlie were over”, but other sections of Joey’s brain are VERY appreciative. It’s like, when Joey exited the “Hunter House” she didn’t know exactly where she was going. She just knew going way from Charlie, the love of her life …..that Joey ruined by telling MUCH more than what you would call little white lies.

Dex “I’ll carry those suitcases, if you like.”

Sid “Dex & I BOTH will. Take you to our house. ”

Joey [very appreciatively] “Thank you.”

Joey is more than a little surprised at Sid’s attitude, but she’s not saying no to such a gracious offer ……especially from people who, through the babies growing inside her, are now biologically Joey’s family.

The trio makes their way to Sid’s car, and when they get inside, Joey & Dex both sit in the back seat. Dex could have sat in the front, or suggested for Joey to do so, but Dex is eager to gaze lovingly at Joey’s [clad] baby bump. Indeed, he barely takes his eyes away from looking at her belly as they make their way to the farmhouse they call home.

+++

Meanwhile, Ruby is sitting on the beach. She knows it’s been quite a while since Sid dropped her off. Surely enough time for Jarlie to have sorted things out, one way or another. Ruby knows she’s been worried about Charlie since day 1 that Joey told Charlie that she’s preggers. Rubes hopes that her parents are still together, especially in light of Charlie sooooo seeming to have taken what Ruby said to her bout the ultrasound to heart. It’s like, what if Ruby had been better, given Charlie better advice, not been more caught up in what she was worried bout, i.e. not being intimate enough with Billy.

Ruby realise that it REALLY has been quite some time that she’s been here at the beach today when she sees a fair few SBH students make their way past her. Rubes looks at her watch – the students are heading for home after another no doubt “fun” filled day of school. Ruby is about to bail when she sees 2 especially familiar faces chatting to each other. Both are female, and whilst one is wearing the red & blue tartan uniform of the local high school, the other is one of Ruby’s housemates/pseudo big sisters.

Ruby is as far away from the water as she can be … amongst the grassy dunes close to the exit that’s right in front of the surf club, whilst her 2 friends are half way tween the water and where Rubes is. It’s good to see the 2 in ways [familiar faces and all], but bad in others. Ruby bows her head as knows that they’ll want to talk about Joey’s ultrasound. Several thoughts run Ruby’s mind ….do they know what happened today? Will I have to break it to them? Have they even seen me?

Bella “Hi, Rubes.”

April “How did everything go today?”

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Wednesday, 18/05/11 !!!!!!!

MANY thanks for the GREAT comments!!!!!

Red Ranger 1, I loved channeling the whole child-blames- themselves-for-their-parents-break-up when Ruby was talking to Joey or thinking bout the sitch.

belghep, see below for Bella & April’s reaction and for when they & Rubes go to Ruby’s house. Lets’ just say it’s a “game changer” for Ruby & Charlie !!!

EPISODE 30

Ruby [who’s still not ready to deal with the Jarlie sitch] “Will tell you soon, but 1st, what were you 2 chatting so intensely about?”

April “School and travel.”

Bella “Yeah, I was just “hanging” here at the beach and saw the school kids passing by. Realised that I better head for home, to get ready for my shift with Rikki at Sexy Tales tonight, when I saw April. We’ve both attended a fair few schools in our time, and whilst most of mine didn’t have a set school uniform, at least I kinda know what I would have looked like IF I’d gone to SBH, with the various pics around that I’ve seen of Matilda Hunter. It STILL kinda amazes me, given how alike that Matilda & I look, that I’m now living in the house that she once did. Oh, and speaking of home, what happened today?”

Ruby [tentatively] “So …..neither of you have heard ….. from Dex or Joey?”

April “No, but its sounding concerning though. Is it …….to do with the bubs?”

Bella [seeing the Ruby has a worried look on her face] “You can tell us. Might be able to help.”

Ruby [as Bella sits beside Rubes to her left, with April sitting on Ruby’s right hand side] “Well, you’re going to find out sooner or later ………. “

Ruby, quite emotionally at times, tells her friends ALL that occurred at the hospital, with the expected looks of SHOCK from Bella & April when they hear that Charlie ran from the room and took off in her car.

Rubes, upon finishing telling April & Bella the goss, is now lost for words …..and it’s Bella who breaks the silence …..

Bella “So, I suggest that April & me BOTH head home with you. I’ve gotta get ready for work anyway, and if Joey & Charlie ARE still talking things through, that will be a GOOD thing, and ……” [her voice trails off]

Bella, like Ruby, doesn’t want to think about Jarlie totally being over, especially when Charlie & Joey are like surrogate parents to Bella, her beloved Cleo, and Rikki & Emma.

April [as confidently as she can] “I KNOW it’s hard to face your fears, but I think we should find out. One way or the other.”

That comment, especially given ALL that April’s been through this year, stirs Ruby into action ….

Ruby “You’re right. We should head for home. You 2 said you both come with?”

April & Bella [simultaneously] “DEFINITELY !!!!”

Bella & April stand up and both help the emotionally drained Ruby get to her feet, before they all head for the Bella & Ruby’s house.

+++

Meanwhile, Indi is in the longue room of her home doing an assignment for uni when she hears her dad’s car pull up outside. Although Indi knows that Dex is VERY keen to muchly be in his triplets’ lives, she isn’t so sure how she’ll react when the bubs are born – being Auntie Indi and all. She hears the front door open and didn’t think that she’d want or need to worry bout what Dex & Sid would be talking about, but Indi is “thrown” when she hears an unexpected voice ….

Joey [very appreciatively, as she enters the house] “I can’t thank you enough for inviting me to stay here.”

Indi [perplexed voice, with Joey, Dex & Sid all now in the longue room with her] “What?”

Dex “Charlie …..didn’t react as gleefully as I did when we saw Adrian, Danica and CHARLOTTE on the ultrasound monitor.”

Indi [bewildered] “That’s ………” [her voice trails off]

Dex [completely understanding Indi’s bewilderment, but wanting to move on] “So, I don’t know bout the rest of you but it would be, let’s say, VERY intriguing if Joey shares a bedroom with me. I KNOW that we’re the parents of the yet-to-be-borns but, yeah, think the 2 of us in same bedroom again would be ……intriguing.”

Joey “As long as I’ve got a roof over my head, I’ll be OK. Would LOVE that roof to be the same one that Charlie’s under, but can’t see THAT happening any time soon ….after what I did.”

Sid “Indi, would you mind sharing your room with Joey?”

Indi looks apprehencious …..as this will mean she’s sharing a room with a woman who’s ”into” women. Like, it would be VERY awkward if she tries to “hit on” me, especially since Joey is preggy to Dex.

Joey [upon seeing Indi’s worried looks] “Indi, there’s only FOUR women I’m in LOVE with, Charlie and my babies. [Joey runs her hand over her belly] There’s NO WAY I’d even THINK about “hitting on” you, especially when you’ve got Romeo. Besides, HOPEFULLY I won’t be here long. Maybe Charlie will calm down & we can sort this out. I NEVER should have lied to her.”

Indi [upon hearing the conviction of Joey’s voice] “I guess all there is to say is ….welcome to the madhouse, ROOM MATE. And hey, this makes it 6 girls, including the bubs, to 2 guys in the house. Not that Dex is all normal guy and hogs the TV watching sport and the like. “

Joey [as she hugs Indi] “Thanks, roomie.”

Sid “Dex, could you start setting up the spare bed? I’ll help after I phone Marilyn.”

Indi “And I’ll help Joey with her clothes and things.”

Sid picks up the landline phone, whilst Indi helps Joey with her suitcases and Dex head of to set up the spare bed.

+++

Elsewhere, Ruby, Bella & April enter the “Hunter House”. Charlie is sitting on the couch, but she doesn’t react in any way to their arrival. Rubes and her friends can see that Charlie is awake, but she appears to be in a catatonic state..........

Bella “Rubes, I’ll see if Joey’s here.”

April [as Bella exits the room to look about the house] “Should I stay ….or go?”

Ruby “Stay. Charlie’s not lookin’ so good. She's not even reacting in any way to us talking.”

Bella [as she re-enters the room] “No sign of Joey.”

Ruby “Charlie …..[louder, after no response] Charles …… [cheeky voice, after no response] Mother ………[worried voice, after no response] Nothing’s working, and I don't want to touch her/shake her. THAT might be TOO much.”

April “Should I phone Dex’s dad? He’ll know what to do.”

Ruby [after she has an epiphany] “You can ……….IF something I JUST thought of doesn’t work. [tenderly, after a deep breath] Mum !!!”

Charlie, who had been like a living statue, moves her head a little … before her whole body gently becomes more lucid again.

Charlie [emotionally, as she hugs her daughter] “Ruby !!!!”

Ruby [soothingly, after Charlie start to cry] “I’m here. We’re ALL here for you.”

The hug lasts for several minutes before Charlie works up courage to gently remove herself from the embrace. Charlie starts to ease her tears. She knows she did the right thing … ending her ‘ship with Joey. Charlie’s lost trust/faith in her wife, and all that has gone on has muchly emotionally drained her. Ruby puts her hand atop Charlie’s hand. Feels good to Charlie that Rubes has done so, but she’s not sure if it was just a daydream or, hopefully maybe, reality when Ruby so tenderly called her Mum …..as Charles knows that her daughter’s heartfelt plea bought her back into the land of the living, so to speak.

Charlie [tentatively, after she wipes the tears from her cheeks] “Ruby, did you ………call me ……… “ [her voice trails off]

Charlie sooooooo wants it to be true, that Ruby ACTUALLY called her Mum, but she’s very vulnerable right now and isn’t keen on hearing anything that emotionally negative.

Ruby “Did I call you Mum? [VERY positively] YES !!!!!!! I did, [tenderly] Mum.”

Charlie starts crying again, but these are mostly happy tears. Ruby hugs Charlie, whilst Bella & April give mother & daughter some space, by bailing to the annexe.

After a minute of two, it’s Charlie who [like before] releases herself 1st form the hug. Ruby looks at Charlie with a tentative face. She knows something BIG has happened, but isn’t so sure that she WANTS to actually hear what occurred. Charlie steadies herself. She knows people are going to know soon enough what happened, so its best Ruby hears it straight from Charlie …..

Charlie [as steadily as she can] “Rubes, I ……. I broke up with Joey. [Ruby looks at her curiously] I can’t TRUST her anymore.”

Ruby [upon realizing something] “This is ……all MY fault. If I hadn’t sugges ………”

Charlie [cutting in] “It’s NOT your fault. What you said, bout seeing how I feel when I saw the bubs on the screen, it’s what I’D been thinking for quite a while. [pause] I KNOW Joey’s been a BIG part of our lives, but [emotionally] I’ve been hurt by too many people to want to make this work. Part of me DOES still love her, but it’s NOT enough.”

Ruby [as she places a comforting hand on Charlie’s shoulder] “Looks like it’s just you & me again ….. Mum.”

Charlie smiles, as it feels good to hear her daughter affectionately refer to her by that title.

Charlie [wanting to bask in this moment, but knowing that things have to be done] “Rubes, do you know where the OTHER “Angels” are? I know that Em’s at work, but don’t know about the others.”

Ruby “Bella’s here. She walked home with me. Don’t know about Rikki or Cleo. Rikki should be home soon – to prep for work. Cleo ….my 1st guess is with Ronnie, but don’t know for certain. Bella should know.”

Charlie “I’ll contact them all. Arrange to tell them ALL at same time tonight, when Bella & Rikki get home from work, what’s happened, as there's no way I could do this too often, telling them all separately would be too draining. [Ruby has a concerned look on her face] What is it, Rubes?”

Ruby [sullenly] “It’s nothing. [Charlie gives her a “spill it” look] Will you ………be OK with me ……“ [her voice trails off]

Charlie [tenderly] “You can tell me ANYTHING.”

Ruby [steadies herself] “Would it be OK if I, or even April if she’s still here …….phones Joey? [Charlie looks at her intriguingly] I FULLY support your decision, to break up and all. Just want to know if my FORMER stepmum is OK. So ……what do you think?”

TO BE CONTINUED ……..on Monday, 23/05/11 !!!!!!!

Archived