Half Irish students skip class for H&A

Guest ter06

Hahaha I have to admit...I have done that myself. Especially when there was a good storyline on I wanted to watch.

Luckily now, my college timetable allows me to watch it without having to skip lectures so it worked out pretty well for me in the end.

That just shows the enduring popularity of the show here in Ireland. Still though...can't believe the figure is that high!! lol

Oh and ter06, I'm guessing the reason us students can't watch the evening showing is because we're usually getting ready to go out for a drinking session...I mean "study" session.

The lunchtime ratings on RTE 1 are ususally in the 100,000's. But I think the 6:30 showing on RTE 2 still rates higher, because thats usually when everyone is finished work/school/college etc.

I know based on figures I've read over the last few years that Home and Away rates far better than Neighbours even though Neighbours is shown directly after Home and Away during the afternoon time slot, and is shown an hour before Home and Away in the evening time slot.

It's strange how they can be shown at similar times and still have almost completely different ratings. Although that says a lot about the quality of Home and Away and its ability to keep it's loyal viewers tuned in for so many years.

The lunchtime ratings on RTE 1 are ususally in the 100,000's. But I think the 6:30 showing on RTE 2 still rates higher, because thats usually when everyone is finished work/school/college etc.

I know based on figures I've read over the last few years that Home and Away rates far better than Neighbours even though Neighbours is shown directly after Home and Away during the afternoon time slot, and is shown an hour before Home and Away in the evening time slot.

It's strange how they can be shown at similar times and still have almost completely different ratings. Although that says a lot about the quality of Home and Away and its ability to keep it's loyal viewers tuned in for so many years.

In winter, the 6.30pm episode can hit 300,000. Add that to the lunchtime, the omnibus and RTE player and you will find that H&A probably rates on par with Eastenders in Ireland and look at the difference in publicity each show receives - EE on the cover of magazines every week, and H&A bare minimum. It's amazing really how well it does. Neighbours has never really taken off in Ireland, I dont know anybody who watches it. We tend to have the same attitude towards it as they do in Australia.

Hahaha I have to admit...I have done that myself. Especially when there was a good storyline on I wanted to watch.

Luckily now, my college timetable allows me to watch it without having to skip lectures so it worked out pretty well for me in the end.

That just shows the enduring popularity of the show here in Ireland. Still though...can't believe the figure is that high!! lol

Oh and ter06, I'm guessing the reason us students can't watch the evening showing is because we're usually getting ready to go out for a drinking session...I mean "study" session.

I actually rang in sick to work over something that happened to Sally! I cant remember what storyline it was but couldnt wait till 6.30pm to see it so I rang in sick!!

In winter, the 6.30pm episode can hit 300,000. Add that to the lunchtime, the omnibus and RTE player and you will find that H&A probably rates on par with Eastenders in Ireland and look at the difference in publicity each show receives - EE on the cover of magazines every week, and H&A bare minimum.

Ah yes but you need to take into account that EastEnders is shown on BBC ONE as well as RTE ONE, and the majority of people I know tend to prefer watching it on BBC because they don't have any ad breaks! Not to mention the very annoying bit at the end where the drums are ruined on RTE!!

Archived