THE Geoff/Aden Picspam

Guest Jen

Geoff and Aden

The story, the ship and the fans

Part One

Geoff Campbell

A boy from humble beginnings Geoff was raised on a farm with his younger sister, Annie, by his grandfather after his parents died in a car crash. One of the things that separated (and possibly alienated) Geoff from the other teens in the Bay at this time, was his firm Christian beliefs (a result of his upbringing).

Aden: "I don’t think you want to forgive me. I think you want to flatten me.”

Aden Jefferies

Aden was introduced as a rebound boyfriend to Cassie, with a talent for football. The most significant part of Aden’s life however was revealed later. As part of an emotional scene with Belle it was revealed that Aden had been sexually abused by his grandfather.

Aden: "See you round, Bible Boy.”

It seems these two characters couldn’t be further apart, and initially couldn’t be in the same room without one of them wanting to throw a punch. But as you very well know ... Opposites Attract

--

6 reasons to ship Geoff/Aden (And 1 reason not to)

6. How could you not love their adorable faces?

gadenoriginal14.thumb.png.33eac7e4f7155105899be7a7bae49fb3.png

5. Played for the same football team.

Aden’s initial resentment of Geoff stemmed from the fact that his natural good-naturedness immediately made him coach’s favourite, therefore leaving Aden on the outer. As revenge for Geoff being the focus of Tony’s affection Aden spiked Geoff’s drink when the football team decided to spend some time “bonding”. Yep, that’s my definition of bonding too. Needless to say, Geoff ended up passed out and locked in the boot of Tony’s car. All in a night’s work for Aden Jeffries: Expert at Payback. It only takes remembering this to take the next step into this ship. That being, they’ve totally seen each other naked in the boys’ locker room. I will leave you with that amazing mental image. You can thank me later.

gadenoriginal04.thumb.png.84255feac924ef4b5fb1b58094ed228c.png

Further tension arose when Geoff turned down the opportunity to play for a city based football team, while Aden was left out completely, having injured his knee. While cleaning up the local church Aden decided to drop by and give both Geoff and Annie grief. Aden poked and prodded and provoked Geoff so that he was pretty much completely in his face. They were this close! If ever there was a scene that was oozing unresolved sexual tension, it was this one. And this is when the support for this ship really picked up. Geoff clenched his jaw and resisted the urge to thump Aden, while Aden thoroughly enjoyed tormenting him, seeing how far he could push the boundaries.

gadenoriginal06.thumb.png.51ff6c38d931f105381d37a74e4a8eea.png

Aden (to Annie): You throw like your brother too.

4. Common previous relationships.

Both Geoff and Aden have dated/made out with Nicole Franklin. In both cases it was Nicole who made the first move. Now, I’m not completely sure what this says about their taste in girls, maybe it’s just a result of having a relatively small group of friends, but either way at some point they were dazzled by this girl. Nicole made her move on Aden pretty much as soon as he stepped through the door of Roman’s house, her tactic with Geoff was a little bit different, and also resulted from a bet with Aden. Two-hundred bucks said that Nicole could get Geoff into bed within two weeks. I was so sure that Aden’s comeback was going to be, “I bet I can do it in one.”

Belle Taylor also played contributed to the lives of both these boys. While Geoff simply lived with her at Irene’s place for a period of time, Aden fell in love and they married, before Belle passed away from cancer. Geoff made it pretty obvious from the word go that he did not approve of these two as a couple, and while mainstream viewers simply saw this as Geoff continuing to hold a grudge against Aden from constantly picking on him. Gaden shippers however saw this as rather Geoff’s reluctance to see Aden paired with anyone. It didn’t help that his intimacy with Belle resulted in some close encounters in Irene’s living room, where one or both of the boys may have been shirtless/semi-naked at the time. Not only did Geoff walk in on Aden under the covers of Belle’s bed, but there were also a variety of winks and nudges exchanged between to the two on the night of the school formal, while they were looking very dapper in their suits.

gadenoriginal10.thumb.png.f663b82023bf5545a42bbadd0ff40e45.png

Yeah, these pics don’t really relate to Nicole or Belle, but they were sitting so close next to each other, who really cares?

Aden: A pink lemonade for sweetheart.

gadenoriginal18.thumb.png.cf6362e9af5d2c8d3e607241740aed3b.png

Aden: You seriously think that we should be mates?

Geoff: Stranger things have happened.

3. The. Same. Bed.

gadenbedcolour01.png.efdf9790f0b90b6d6f52b281665ba46d.png

Yes, both Geoff and Aden miraculously have the same bed. Exactly the same. I do not even question the suggestiveness of this notion. It just is, and also adds to the idea that they would totally be comfortable if they were ever forced to share.

Part Two

2. K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Throughout my time in this online fandom it has become apparent that while some storylines or couplings may be favoured or conjured by the fans, the writers are pretty much at liberty to do their own thing. They don’t generally take ideas from fans, that’s just the way it is. However, on occasion it has seemed that persistence has paid off. While never confirmed, the highly enjoyable adventures of Robbie and Kim going to a nudist resort is one example of a possible salute from the writers to the fans who shipped this couple from the very beginning, where Robbie was eagerly anticipating the arrival of Kim, the principal’s daughter. As a result of this episode the two boys spent the night in the same bed, while the Robbie/Kim shippers squealed with delight and let their imaginations run wild with whatever happened under the covers.

That short aside brings me to the second time in which the persistence of the fans resulted in a ship flourishing. Again, I reiterate that this has never been confirmed by anyone associated with the show, but I think you will have a hard time convincing any of the Geoff/Aden supporters that without them this never would have been possible. In the eyes of Gaden shippers this episode will go down at ‘The. Best. Freaking. Episode. Ever.’ [And if this was an episode of Friends it would be called, “The One with the Kiss”.]

Following Belle’s passing, Aden was understandably devastated. But in an act of friendship and kindness, Geoff encouraged Aden to take him on as an apprentice, working with him on the fishing trawler. If you have read the above text, then I’m sure you can already envision all the possible mischief two young guys can get up to on a trawler, when they are all alone, with no one else to talk to, and only each other to argue with. But this episode surpassed all the possible expectations.

geoffadenspam01.thumb.png.0e1b9c0ed1778eedabe5af3300739b1a.png

geoffadenspam02.thumb.png.9d62f65d77b5408309dd881caef50024.png

Aden: Geoff and I kissed and made up.

1. Real Life Roomies.

Adding more fuel to the Gaden fire is the fact that for a period of time Lincoln Lewis (Geoff, aka the Lynx effect) and Todd Lasance (Aden, nicknamed T-bone) were not only cast mates, but flat mates as well. Todd openly describes their relationship as “like brothers from another mother”. So yeah, they’re close. “There’s days we’ll barely speak because we’re so tired, or we’ll stay up until 3 am chatting.” What I wouldn’t give to know what they were talking about! But it is this kind of mateship that enhances the whole ship. There are numerous pictures showing the boys at different parties and events, showing that even when they are being paid to be together, they still are in each other’s company. All. The. Time.

Living with another actor means that inevitably one will ask the other run lines. I wonder if they practice kissing scenes too? Just to make sure they get the technique right, obviously. But even so, they are two good looking guys. Who have the attention of many female fans. At one point Todd took it upon himself to sift through the potential female friends of Lincoln - “I actually have to sign off on the girls for Lincoln because the line’s so long - the door closes at 15, max”.

Both the boys have left the Bay in 2010, but Lincoln sites his favourite moment as anything involving Geoff and Aden. “I loved the constant feud between Aden and Geoff. Todd and I would amp it up as much as we could. Even when Geoff would pour his heart out to Aden, he’d be like, “Man up, will you?!”

gadenoriginal15.thumb.png.171a30d2c5b9c55a5534e788da4f5212.png

gadenoriginal16.thumb.png.a3690374152f66a0f3e9c4177a90d46a.png

The Downside

As mentioned above, both of the boys have left Summer Bay, seemingly separately. Geoff dumped Ruby to go off and be part of a missionary, something that emphasises his caring nature and willingness to help others that was always a strong character trait. Aden on the other hand, left with his brother Justin, after being accused of murdering his father, to join the army because his life appeared to lack direction.

However. And this is the part that will test whether you are completely on board with this ship. Given that it is never specified where Aden and/or Geoff will end up in a week, month, year, it is highly possible and plausible that they will see each other again. And when they do, it will be an amazing moment that will be full of banter and awkwardness and kissing (maybe). If we’re lucky. But I feel like I’m quoting a Disney movie when I say that this will only happen if you believe. But seriously, it could.

gadenoriginal08.thumb.png.955876767fbf3f6f1dc7c6a10e1b875f.png

--

Significant Quotes

Todd: I often get mistaken for Lincoln Lewis.

Lincoln: ...She [Cornelia Frances} has me and Todd (Lasance) over for dinner... But if you’re trying to get a scoop, I can’t say anything, sorry! [What are you trying to say Lincoln?]

On the first time they met.

Lincoln: It was my second week of shooting and it was really early in the morning. I remember seeing this mad car and this blond, tanned, surfie-looking dude getting out of it.

Todd: It was my first day on location and we were out at Avalon [in Sydney]. We were shooting football scenes where Lincoln’s character, Aden, has a go at him. Before that, I was walking out of the make-up truck and he’s like “Hey, I’m Lincoln and I play Geoff.” We hit it off from day one.

While living together.

Todd: The only time we’d argue was when he wanted to watch Stargate and I wanted to watch Entourage.

Todd: We actually enjoy the fight scenes, but to this day, it’s almost impossible to have a serious scene together because we laugh so much!

Lincoln: Todd learns his lines the best - you can tell by his on-screen performance. We work well off each other. I think my best scenes are with him. [Aww!]

gadenoriginal12.thumb.png.ebfd32faf43b677e16c40575fec70418.png

--

Concluding Comments:

Okay, quiz time.

Geoff and Aden are:

a) Two ridiculously good looking guys who look pretty standing next to each other

b) Played by real-life mates who share the same sense of awesome humour and only argue over DVD selections

c) Subconsciously dating, having been seen sharing a table at the Diner and also IRL

d) In love

e) All of the above

If you picked any of the above answers you are correct! I hope this picspam has been both informative and entertaining, and I look forward to seeing you hop on board the SS Gaden soon.

*Mouth gapes wide open*

OMG! It is a ta-da moment! You actually conjured up some magic. :wub: One epic thread containing gorgeous pics of every damn awesome moment of Geoff&Aden interacting... the angst, the awkward-ness, the closeness, the touching, the holding, the quotes, that episode and the KISSING!!! ^_^

Just Wow. *still staring*

And, and I forgot about the. same. bed. Hehehe. :P It all seems such a lifetime ago. Those were the days. So, so, so adorable, they only 'play for the same team', everything else is a cover hence the commonality in relationships (less people, less hurt). It was most definitely a kiss & it is not possible for one episode to include that much subtext & not be made with the fans in mind. Gaden/Tinc... the lines were always blurred & who even cares when the results are on these epic levels of awesome?

Oh yeah and 'the downside' = unoffcial SE. That's the way it's played out in my head. Ya-huh! :D

A couple of quotes from them good old days to add to the amazing-ness:

Aden (to Geoff): "For a second there I thought you were going to propose to me."

Aden (to Geoff): "And that's what it is Campbell... you just WANT ME!"

Todd (about/to Linc): "We like each other in real life."

Lincoln : "A bit too much!"

Lincoln (on Aden/Todd): "My evil significant other."

Ahhh the memories! Thanks for that Jen, totally appreciate it & the effort. ‘The. Best. Freaking. Picspam. Ever.’ ^_^

Aden (to Geoff): "For a second there I thought you were going to propose to me."

Aden (to Geoff): "And that's what it is Campbell... you just WANT ME!"

Todd (about/to Linc): "We like each other in real life."

Lincoln : "A bit too much!"

Lincoln (on Aden/Todd): "My evil significant other."

Ahhh the memories! Thanks for that Jen, totally appreciate it & the effort. ‘The. Best. Freaking. Picspam. Ever.’ ^_^

*slaps forehead* How could I forget the proposal quote?! Fail.

But thank you so much for the awesome comments everyone. I totally appreciate it. You never know what my next picspam will be :wink: