Lady Gaga

Guest adellejefferiesxox

The great thing about music is that the concept of "great music" depends on the listener. (I personally think Tupac absolutely sucked and I don't think "rap" is that great of a musical form but that's my opinion) and I did hear her music before she started getting her legions of fans and didn't think "this is crap, why are they playing it" I liked it enough to get the album, which I liked even more. Don't presume what people will or won't think, there's no accounting for personal taste. The thing with Britney is when she actually makes an album the bs surrounding her personal life doesn't bother the people that like her music. But with Lady Ga Ga, I've heard the woman sing live without any audio help or background music and play the piano to accompany it. She can sing, whether you like the music or not is irrelevant when you hear her hit the notes she can. All great artists in history have had their critics saying they won't be around long, we'll have to wait and see whether she defies that.

I HATE the likes of Christina Aguelira (sp) Britney, Timberlake, Westlife...ect. But after I did my research on Gaga, I found she did actually have musical talent!

Are you implying Christina and JT don't have talent?

No. I see how that assumption could be implied from my comment, but what I meant to say was that I dislike the JT and Christina music genre because I really dislike 'pop' music. Of course they have musical talent! They can sing, cant they? And both singers are examples of excellent preformers! I just opt to go for more what I deem to be passionate and 'true' music. Please dont attack me for that comment, I just think that Pop music is for the purpose of dancing and having a good time, you know? Like you can dance around to a JT song, where as I find you can truly connect to a Katie Melua song? What I was trying to imply was that at first I considered Gaga to be another artist who fitted into the pop genre (her songs are purely for entertainment and party purposes) but after I did my research, I found that some their was a true meaning to her music?

That probably didnt make ANY SHRED of sense, but I really cant convey what I'm trying to say! Lol...

At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion.

Made perfect sense, lol. I get what you were saying now. It's just natural to find that there's some music you like and some you just don't. I just personally think people use the word "untalented" and "rubbish" wayyyyyyy too much when describing something they don't like as opposed to just accepting it's different taste to them. Most things are based on opinion with music of course, but there are some things, like who can actually sing certain notes and melodies that just can't be denied. Then again talent can come under the branch of a whoooooooooole list of things like song writing, entertainment factor, relatability factor, whether you can play an instrument... blah blah blah. Don't even remember what I was saying, oh yea, pro GaGa. :D No more from me.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great thing about music is that the concept of "great music" depends on the listener. (I personally think Tupac absolutely sucked and I don't think "rap" is that great of a musical form but that's my opinion) and I did hear her music before she started getting her legions of fans and didn't think "this is crap, why are they playing it" I liked it enough to get the album, which I liked even more. Don't presume what people will or won't think, there's no accounting for personal taste. The thing with Britney is when she actually makes an album the bs surrounding her personal life doesn't bother the people that like her music. But with Lady Ga Ga, I've heard the woman sing live without any audio help or background music and play the piano to accompany it. She can sing, whether you like the music or not is irrelevant when you hear her hit the notes she can. All great artists in history have had their critics saying they won't be around long, we'll have to wait and see whether she defies that.

I HATE the likes of Christina Aguelira (sp) Britney, Timberlake, Westlife...ect. But after I did my research on Gaga, I found she did actually have musical talent!

Are you implying Christina and JT don't have talent?

No. I see how that assumption could be implied from my comment, but what I meant to say was that I dislike the JT and Christina music genre because I really dislike 'pop' music. Of course they have musical talent! They can sing, cant they? And both singers are examples of excellent preformers! I just opt to go for more what I deem to be passionate and 'true' music. Please dont attack me for that comment, I just think that Pop music is for the purpose of dancing and having a good time, you know? Like you can dance around to a JT song, where as I find you can truly connect to a Katie Melua song? What I was trying to imply was that at first I considered Gaga to be another artist who fitted into the pop genre (her songs are purely for entertainment and party purposes) but after I did my research, I found that some their was a true meaning to her music?

That probably didnt make ANY SHRED of sense, but I really cant convey what I'm trying to say! Lol...

At the end of the day, everyone has their own opinion.

Made perfect sense, lol. I get what you were saying now. It's just natural to find that there's some music you like and some you just don't. I just personally think people use the word "untalented" and "rubbish" wayyyyyyy too much when describing something they don't like as opposed to just accepting it's different taste to them. Most things are based on opinion with music of course, but there are some things, like who can actually sing certain notes and melodies that just can't be denied. Then again talent can come under the branch of a whoooooooooole list of things like song writing, entertainment factor, relatability factor, whether you can play an instrument... blah blah blah. Don't even remember what I was saying, oh yea, pro GaGa. :D No more from me.

Totally agree with you! :)

Back to Gaga, her new video has caused somewhat of a controversy! Even Katy Perry had a dig at her! :P

Archived