Summer Bay Community

Guest idris

Is Summer Bay a Good Community Now ?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know this is a difficult question to reduce to a yes / no answer, and I’m not asking people to think about this for an hour or more….you’ll need 3 or 4 days. :lol:

This has been on my mind for some time, but I don’t want to litter this post with examples to emphasize my own opinion There are so many things that go into the melting pot for this question ……just some : -

The characters - their values

Story lines and their resolution

Families - stable / fragmented

P.S.

This question is about how it is right now, not how you think/hope it will be.

P.P.S

On the other hand, you could just click yes or no, who‘ll know ?

No. I don't think I'd really enjoy living in Summer Bay - I liked the late-2007 community though.

Yeah , that was a great community in 2006/2007

One episode which sticks out greatly for me is the Christmas Pageant in the 2006 finale. The speech Colleen made about community was so touching.

It was nice having the Holden/Hunter family around and Sally/Ric/Cassie/Pippa/Alf living at Summer Bay House, Kim & Rachel newly married, there was the Amanda/Peter/Ryan/Belle/Leah/Dan/VJ family as well.

Aah I miss this era :(

No. I don't think I'd really enjoy living in Summer Bay - I liked the late-2007 community though.

One episode which sticks out greatly for me is the Christmas Pageant in the 2006 finale. The speech Colleen made about community was so touching.

It was nice having the Holden/Hunter family around and Sally/Ric/Cassie/Pippa/Alf living at Summer Bay House, Kim & Rachel newly married, there was the Amanda/Peter/Ryan/Belle/Leah/Dan/VJ family as well.

Totally! I think this was the time where I was literally addicted to the show and would freak if I missed an episode. Nowadays, I'm not so much into it anymore.

Totally! I think this was the time where I was literally addicted to the show and would freak if I missed an episode. Nowadays, I'm not so much into it anymore.

Same for me! :(:(

I think it has the best community in any show and that's why it has lasted so long.

The two things that keeps the community great - the Beach and Diner.

Characters like Leah, Marilyn, Irene, Alf and Colleen.

Past characters with great coummunity sprit were Celia, Neville, Floss, Ailsa, Bobby, Sally, Donald and Pippa.

I think it has the best community in any show and that's why it has lasted so long.

The two things that keeps the community great - the Beach and Diner.

Characters like Leah, Marilyn, Irene, Alf and Colleen.

Past characters with great coummunity sprit were Celia, Neville, Floss, Ailsa, Bobby, Sally, Donald and Pippa.

I find myself agreeing with most of what you said... but I've got to give you just 2 out of 10 and ask you to answer the question again. :rolleyes:

Main reason for the fail mark ?

It's about how the bay is now, and...

'2 things that keep the community great' can't be a beach (which would be made up of either bits of coral or denuded rocks) or a diner, which is also an inanimate object (OK, we could all name an actor or two who would fit that description.) I know what you're getting at, but if the characters to populate and give that sense of community at the beach or diner ain't there anymore.....

One of the most worrying developments to me is the fragmentation/disintegration of families. I don't know of any community that would survive such constant upheavals. Tensions within families makes for good drama, but how can there be good drama when there's so little cohesion to begin with ?

Archived