NaNo WriMo

Guest jenlee

It's getting closer. National Novel Writing Month is in November and the time to begin plotting is now.

Basically, the deal is to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. 50,000 words in 30 days. There's no real prize for anyone who manages this, just the satisfaction of knowing you can do it. Knowing that you can write a novel, and in 30 days at that. The idea is to simply get the juices flowing and write. Don't edit, don't stress about it sucking, don't analyse over every sentence that seems awkward ... just write. It doesn't even have to be original, fan fiction is totally okay.

So, anyone else know about this and planning on doing it? I know there are some great writers on this board and it'll be a really great experience. I only heard about it at the beginning of the year when I first got back into writing fan fiction, so this is my first time doing it and I'm so excited for it :)

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Have a read, it's going to be great.

November eh... I might be done with uni by then. It'd certainly be sweet if I could get my novel written by the end of the year. Of course, I have been saying that for about the last ten years :rolleyes: But who knows? This could be the one! I'll think about it :)

Archived