Abortion

Guest Emma

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the points you all have made (pro-life and pro-choice), but I'll just give you my two cents on the issue again. I am very pro-choice, regardless of the situation, and I feel that if a woman gets pregnant and wants an abortion then she should be able to get one. I think it's too easy to say "I'm pro-life, but I believe abortion is the right thing if the baby* is a product of rape". If you're as pro-life as you say you are, then you should be against abortion full stop. There should be no ifs and buts. Some women give birth and still cannot connect with the child and then the child grows up unloved and ignored. It's not just in the case of rape and disability that the child won't have a proper or good quality life. Obviously using protection when having sex is extremely important, but accidents happen (the condom breaking or whatever), so it's not as black and white as some people want it to be.

Of course it's a very sensitive issue and views should be respected on both sides of the debate, but I feel that people shouldn't have the right to dictate how a woman lives because of the views of some people. People need to hear facts and need to be educated about it, and if you're still against it then fine, but a lot of people are against it and they have no idea what they're talking about.

*baby = a newborn/young child. The correct word for an unborn is 'feotus'.

Archived