Abortion

Guest Emma

But what is truly sick is the horrible stages that people wait to have an abortion when things like pulling apart of living limbs of an unborn child and breaking its bones to get the child out.

But that kind of abortion is illegal. And i doubt many people would agree it's okay to abort a child in the later stages of pregnancy unless it's for medical reasons.

The current abortion cut off date is 24 weeks in the UK !!

That is a late stage of pregnancy , an unborn baby is very developed at that stage actually.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS IMAGES OF UNBORN FOETUS AT 24 WEEKS AND OUTLINES THE ABORTION PROCEDURE. DO NOT READ IF THIS MAY OFFEND OR UPSET YOU

Link to image

^^ that is a 24 week old fetus !!

Look how developed it is , its legal to abort a baby up to that stage.

These are some abortion methods :

Partial-Birth Abortion

Five steps to a partial birth abortion:

1.Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby's legs with forceps.

2.The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.

3.The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the head.

4.The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the skull.

5.The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.

Dilation and Evacuation (D&E)

This method is used up to 18 weeks' gestation. Instead of the loop-shaped knife used in D&C abortions, a pair of forceps is inserted into the womb to grasp part of the fetus. The teeth of the forceps twist and tear the bones of the unborn child. This process is repeated until the fetus is totally dismembered and removed. Usually the spine must be snapped and the skull crushed in order to remove them.

Dilation and Curettage (D&C)

This method is similar to the suction method with the added insertion of a hook shaped knife (curette) which cuts the baby into pieces. The pieces are scraped out through the cervix and discarded [Note: This abortion method should not be confused with a therapeutic D&C done for reasons other than pregancy.]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure they don't show abortion adverts on the tv, do they? :unsure: Actually, before you have an abortion you do have to go and talk to a psychologist, to esnure you understand the full implications of what you're doing.

As of the beginning of the year, abortion clinics are now allowed to advertise their services on the television so yer they do. And I know they offer a counselling service for people before going ahead with a termination but I'm pretty sure it's not complusory and they will do them if the person refuses to speak to someone, going by experiences of people I know. Sometimes women are too scared by what's happening that they think a termination is an easy fix solution but I wonder if speaking to someone was compulsory, that some of these women might open up about what's really going on and actually find that an abortion isn't what they truly want, they just need a bit more support. Obviously everyone's situation is different though and it's not that black and white but, just a thought.

I am neither for or against abortion.

I just believe that it is up to the person who is pregnant. What gives people the right to order others not to have an abortion? The choice should just be up to the person without everyone telling them what she should do.

Agreed

You worded it way better than I was about to though!

On the other side of that arguement though,what gives people the right to have sex and say to hell with the consaquences?Like i said before i agree with it under some circumstances but some just don't cut it for me.From what i've read here it seems like some people would rather have an abortion rather then adopt it out,and while i'd never judgee someone for making that choice i do find it very hard to understand.

I find it unusual that some people say "no, abortion is WRONG .. unless the mother-to-be has been subject to rape or something like that".

I mean, if you think that abortion is murder / morally wrong / etc, then being from a situation of rape / forced sex shouldn't make the act of abortion itself any different in the eyes of those against it. It should (to remain unhypocritical) still be wrong - but just that they have empathy for the mother in the situation.

But, like I said at the start, I'm pro-choice/abortion, however you like to word it, and would never judge anyone for having an abortion. Obviously those girls who have four or so a year, IMO, need to do something about themselves but, in the regular joe-soap story of abortion -shrug- In my eyes, that is :)

I was a bit shocked when I saw there was an abortion thread on this website :unsure:

I have mixed feelings about abortion.

Sometimes I think its wrong when I see images of it or hear things about it. But on the other hand who am I to say if it's right or wrong when I don't know what circumstance the person who is having 'it' is in?

If it's a girl who is too young and has been raped (thinking of Charlie) then abortion or adoption is 2 choices she can either make. In Charlie's case, she didn't bond with Ruby because it brought back memories of the rape, so she intrusted her parents with her baby - which is totally understandable.

I think it's unfair to bring a baby into the world if you don't have the finicial secruity and love that it needs.

It makes me heart-sore when I see all these starving children across the world.

Sometimes abortion can be a selfish thing because the person who is killing her baby is someone that sleeps around and after the abortion will continue to do so. That's when I raise my eyebrows. <_<

I dunno. We speak about abortion in school. It's such a controversial topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it unusual that some people say "no, abortion is WRONG .. unless the mother-to-be has been subject to rape or something like that".

I mean, if you think that abortion is murder / morally wrong / etc, then being from a situation of rape / forced sex shouldn't make the act of abortion itself any different in the eyes of those against it. It should (to remain unhypocritical) still be wrong - but just that they have empathy for the mother in the situation.

That's a good point. It's still abortion, regardless of the circumstances.

Anyway, it strikes me as somewhat odd when people say life starts at conception, yet your age is dated from the day you are born. Surely if life starts at conception, we should all be around 9 months old when born (if all goes to plan)? Dating our age by when we are born automatically suggests that life begins at birth, not conception. Does that make sense? I know you call it a birthday, but it doesn't make sense to me. I have a habit of over-thinking things, but it is interesting.

Yes, that makes sense. It's a good point, too because if abortion is killing a human being then why legally are you not alive?

I still don't have a problem with it because it's a very personal decision.

Archived