Lincoln on DWTS

Guest **Julie**

Blind Paralympian Gerrad Gosens joins Dancing with the Stars

Herald Sun

June 2 2009

DANCING With the Stars has convinced blind Paralympian Gerrad Gosens to join the new series, and he says it's the most terrifying thing he's ever done.

Blind adventurer Gerrard Gosens has climbed Mt Everest, swum with sharks and flown a motor glider.

But he confesses that taking part in the new series of Dancing With The Stars is by far his greatest challenge.

The three-time Paralympian said he was "absolutely terrified" by the dancefloor challenges that lay ahead as one of the contestants on the hit show.

"This is the most terrifying thing I have ever done in my life," Gosens said yesterday.

The Queensland-based athlete will be paired with professional dancer Jessica Raffa, who has experience teaching people with vision impairments to dance.

"I have never danced before in my life," he said. "I believe a lot of people, men in particular, fear dancing.

"I have always feared it, because not only am I unable to see, but on most occasions I am unable to compensate with my sense of hearing, because of the volume of the music."

Gosens said he was approached by Channel 7 to take part in the show only two weeks ago. And he started training a mere five days ago.

"I am looking forward to this challenge. I am looking at the opportunity, not thinking of the obstacles," he said.

Wicked star Rob Mills, Today Tonight host Matt White, comedian Fiona O'Loughlin, Packed to the Rafters star George Houvardas and Home And Away's Lincoln Lewis are rumoured to also be taking part in the show.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea if it is true or not but I think Lincoln would be awesome. He is just so bouncy and lively that I think he could do really well ^_^. He reminds me slightly of Jason Smith ... energy-wise.

Being disabled myself i'll be going for this guy but i'm happy for whoever's in it from HAA to be in the final with him.I agree with Jen about the comparisons with Lincoln and Jason.Lincoln should be fun so i hope it is him.

Archived