Nicholas Bishop lands FOX series

Guest **Julie**

Home & Away actor lands FOX series

TV Tonight

Another Aussie actor is set to make his name in a new US drama, greenlit by the FOX network.

Former Home and Away actor Nicholas Bishop, will appear in Past Life, a 13-episode series about investigators who try to resolve their clients’ current woes by solving the mysteries encountered in their previous lives.

Bishop will appear as a former NYPD detective who work together with Kelli Giddish (All My Children), who plays a gifted psychologist.

Developed by David Hudgins (Friday Night Lights), it also features Ravi Patel and Richard Schiff.

The series is described as a fast-paced emotional thriller inspired by the book “The Reincarnationist.”

Source

Great news for Nic. :D

Funny how he's playing another Detective (even if it's a former) character. He does play them so well though. Now for the important question, will we still be seeing him with that gun holster?? :P

Great news for Nic. :D

Funny how he's playing another Detective (even if it's a former) character. He does play them so well though. Now for the important question, will we still be seeing him with that gun holster?? :P

:lol: I certainly hope it makes an appearance :P

Good luck to him, i hope its a success :)

They did the Pilot for this show a while back and were just waiting on the grren light from FOX TV which came last week when in the states they have a month of viewinf all new pilots.

Past Lives is being filmed in Baltimore just a little ways down from New York and it look Mighty cold there.

Nic Bishop is Home and Away

The Sunday Telegraph

May 24 2009

HE played Peter Baker in Home and Away. Now, Nic Bishop is destined to be the next Simon Baker, with the former soapie star confirmed for a prime time US series.

Bishop will head to the US soon to start work on the Fox series, Past Life, already being likened to Baker's The Mentalist.

"People are comparing it to The Mentalist and I get that (Baker comparison) all the time. In fact, the head of Warner Bros TV asked me to dye my hair (blond). There's always going to be comparisons in TV and if they help the show, then great,'' Bishop told Insider.

Past Life, a procedural crime series touching on the supernatural, sees Bishop play sacked, cynical former NYPD detective Price Whatley.

"It's one of those scripts you read and can't fault it - it's definitely the best TV script I've ever read,'' Bishop said.

"It's based on a book called The Reincarnationist. Basically, I'm hired by a psychologist, who takes people through past life regression therapy to find out info about why they're being troubled from their past lives. I'm desperately cynical about the whole thing, but throughout the pilot and the series, I become more accustomed to this way of working.''

Fox certainly isn't cynical about the show: Bishop said the network will debut the series on Tuesday nights after American Idol's next season, giving Past Life an average lead-in of 20 million viewers.

"We're in the 'sweet spot', as they call it over there, so they have a lot of confidence in the show, as do I,'' he said.

Bishop has signed on for five years and will look to move his partner, Claire, and young family - six-week-old Harrison and Ava Lily, three - once he has settled into Atlanta, where it will be filmed.

Bishop joins TV stars Matt Passmore, Ben Lawson and Dave Lyons as Aussies with leading roles in new US series.

"I'll definitely miss Australia and Sydney and I'm happy to stay here and work. But when these opportunities come up, you don't turn them down,'' he said.

Archived