Quite Interesting

Guest Miranda

superman's girlfriend - This hasn't aired in ukqi but anyway i was wondering if you know who invented those delicious french fries you eat every week at Mc Donalds...it were the...? the...?

People use to think patatoes were yucky and was food for the pigs

That would be the Belgians!?! So shouldnt they be called Belgian fries........

Correct I think it's called french fries because the inventor was Walloon speaking a french dialect so in fact french fries should've called Walloon fries if it were ivented by a fleming then perhaps it would have called dutch fries. :D Alrighty then enough bragging about my country lets move on to something more exciting ..but just so you know :P

Yea i wasnt saying or impying that she was lying if thats how it looked.

I just find it stupid that stuff like that still goes on. In my opinion anti English feelings are based mainly on jelously because England are better than Scotland in terms of sporting achievements. It just stupid that countries that make up a United Kingdom can have all this petty hatred.

The only reason why Scotland would be crap at sports would be that it has a small population, IMO. And therefore why America is good at sports is because it has such a massive population to choose from. I think they should divide America into northern, southern, eastern and western to make it fairer on the rest of the world :lol:

Anyway, if you look at the GB athletics team, lots of the best athletes are Scottish or Welsh, at least equivalent to the number of English. A little while ago now but the hurdler Colin Jackson [Welsh] was the dominant athlete in 110m hurdles for years and years, and his world record set in the 80s or 90s has only just been broken in the last few years :o

Countries like America spend alot of money on sport and have alot of focus on it. If Scotland and the rest of the UK put more money into it and encouraged more people into playing sports i think we would improve. I mean they spent alot of money on the new veladrome [spelling] in Manchester and look at the successof the cyclists at the olympics. I think we need to spend more on sports to improve. If that made sense...

Archived