Chris Hemsworth to star in The Cabin In The Woods

Guest luckyrabbit

Quintet moves into 'Cabin' film

Joss Whedon-Drew Goddard pic pushed to February

By Jay A. Fernandez

March 9, 2009, 11:00 PM ET

Hey, kids: Don't forget the chocolate and marshmallows to make s'mores!

Camp counselors Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard have recruited Kristen Connolly ("Revolutionary Road"), Chris Hemsworth ("Star Trek"), Anna Hutchison ("Underbelly"), Fran Kranz ("The Village") and Jesse Williams ("The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2") for their fun little jaunt out to "The Cabin in the Woods." The United Artists horror film had already bagged Richard Jenkins ("The Visitor") and Bradley Whitford ("Bottle Shock").

The genre-tweaking screenplay was written by Whedon, who is producing, and Goddard, who is directing. The plot and character descriptions have been withheld by the filmmakers and the studio.

"Finding this ensemble has been very hard and very rewarding," Whedon said. "Each of the 'kids' is unique, fascinating and talented, and like true friends, the group is more than the sum of its parts. These are people you care about, able to go toe to toe with the amazing actors we've corralled thus far, and not unpretty in the bargain. I can't wait to harm them."

The film is already shooting, though its release date has been pushed back from Oct. 23 to Feb. 5. Presumably, this is to plant a flag in the date-night terrain of Valentine's Day and avoid competing with a potential "Saw VI" release before Halloween. MGM will distribute.

Connolly is repped by Paradigm, Hemsworth is repped by IFA and ROAR, Hutchison is repped by Marquee Management, Kranz is repped by Endeavor and the Hofflund Co., and Williams is repped by Endeavor and Impression Entertainment.

UA most recently released the Tom Cruise thriller "Valkyrie," which has accumulated$181.9 million worldwide.

source

-

Chris + Joss Whedon = my dream come true. Too bad that his character will probably be killed off in some horribly violent fashion.

Joss... Chris... Anna... Horror...

Overload! PLEASURE OVERLOAD!!! *Kisses the cat, who just happens to be named Kim ^_^*

That was pretty much my reaction. Except my cat is called Charlie; originally named after Kim's stalker, for once I'm happy about the show's tendency to reuse names.

Archived