The Charlie Buckton Depreciation Thread

Guest Perry

With the leaving of Sally among others we have been slowly introduced to new characters and for the most part there have been a great mix of different types of characters that work well for the show. But I'm unconvinced by Charlie. This is more about the character but I'm not too fussed on the way she is being played either. It's just I don't see the point in her. What gets me is that this is as interesting as she will ever be before they mellow her down and she becomes one of the Rachel's or the Leah's. She isn't that great of an actor which is quite normal for newcomers and 7 times out of ten there acting improves but I have a theory that when you have a crappy character such as this one, you need them to be played well for the audience to like them. Her scenes with Roman were laughable because they were so predictable. They lacked chemistry. But the thing that gets me the most is I DON'T BELIEVE HER. I don't believe the character's intentions or lack their of. I'm really not looking forward to seeing more of her but I'm sure I'll have too.

With the leaving of Sally among others we have been slowly introduced to new characters and for the most part there have been a great mix of different types of characters that work well for the show. But I'm unconvinced by Charlie. This is more about the character but I'm not too fussed on the way she is being played either. It's just I don't see the point in her. What gets me is that this is as interesting as she will ever be before they mellow her down and she becomes one of the Rachel's or the Leah's. She isn't that great of an actor which is quite normal for newcomers and 7 times out of ten there acting improves but I have a theory that when you have a crappy character such as this one, you need them to be played well for the audience to like them. Her scenes with Roman were laughable because they were so predictable. They lacked chemistry. But the thing that gets me the most is I DON'T BELIEVE HER. I don't believe the character's intentions or lack their of. I'm really not looking forward to seeing more of her but I'm sure I'll have too.

Well to be fair, I can't stand her. I hate her for what she done to Morag!

I see no chemistry with Roman whatsoever. I can't understand why they would pair her up with someone so soon. It hasn't given her the time to develop as a character on her own and I think that's what the main problem is. I'm not convinced by her yet, so I'll reserve judgement. I wasn't sure on Nicole when she first arrived, but now I love her. I don't believe her either, but I'm sure her acting will improve. So I'll see what happens.

• 2 months later...

I don't mind the pairing with Roman but agree that it was all too soon and we didn't get to see her character develop as an individual. I just wish we could see more interaction with her and Ruby living with Leah, there has been NONE of that at all and it's a big oversight in my opinion.

Archived