Runaway Lovers Return

Guest **Julie**

Home and Away: Runaway lovers return...

Who

June 4 2008

Summer Bay's favourite lovers-on-the-run returned to the small screen last night and I couldn't be more excited - which surprised me. I've never been a huge fan of Kirsty and Kane, especially because they started dating not long after Kane sexually assaulted Kirsty's sister. But the current storyline involving the couple and their sick little boy is a much-needed injection of drama and intrigue to some increasingly dull and predictable storylines.

In recent weeks we've had the third attractive teenage child arrive and cause havoc in town for the third attractive 30-something parent they never knew. How many times can you introduce a character that way before it becomes a little hard to swallow? We've also seen the introduction of Surrogate Sally, in the form of her twin brother Miles, to fill the moral compass/nurturer void left by Kate Ritchie's departure. Miles's really just Sally as a man with very curly hair - he even has the same job and causes the same sort of controversy with his hip new teaching methods.

And Home and Away's most indecisive residents, Jack and Martha, are back together. Just days after Jack buried his second wife, Sam, he asked first wife Martha to marry him ... again.

Kirsty and Kane's homecoming marks a return to good old-fashioned soap storytelling with a complex family relationship strained by unrealistic circumstances in a land where summer never ends. Welcome back Kirsty and Kane - and keep the classic drama coming!

By Rachael Gavin

Source

that's so not true! miles is so much more than sally with curly hair! he is such an individual and i epect if people were asked if you would rather have miles stay or have sally back the majority of people would want miles to stay!

that's so not true! miles is so much more than sally with curly hair! he is such an individual and i epect if people were asked if you would rather have miles stay or have sally back the majority of people would want miles to stay!

I agree that Miles has his own fans and is a lovely character in his own right, but you've got to admit they're using him as Sally's replacement. Which is ironic, as Sally was used as a replacement for Pippa...so is Miles really meant to be Pippa? :unsure:

Love this article. Hear hear. :D

Archived