The Nanny

Guest Luc

After a search through the television forum, I didn't find one topic about 'The Nanny'! (Shocking, I know :lol:)

Who else agrees that this was one of the finest (no pun intended) American-sitcoms, well, ever?

I would have to say my favourite characters were CC, Niles, Val and Chester the Dog, Niles and CC at odds with ach other finally ending up together, and Val, so stupid it was funny and Chester, well, he was just Chester and my favourite episode was the appendectimy ep, Fran preping Max for surgery... enough said :lol: - what are your opinions on the show, it's cast and characters, episodes, jokes ect...

Also, RIP Chester the Dog - 1989-2000 :(

I was just thinking about this show the other day. Freaky. I loved it! It was one of the few shows that my sisters and I were allowed to watch growing up. I loved Niles. But I kinda lost interest when Fran and Max got together. Loved it when he told her he loved her then took it back.

^ Those scenes were always the best - but I loved it when he didn't take it back :P

Max: Everyone, I told Miss Fine that I loved her!

[everyone takes no interest]

Fran: And he didn't take it back!

[everyone gets so excited] :lol:

I loved Niles's constant insults towards CC - they were the best, and Fran's many relatives :lol:

C.C.: I couldn't put a foot out of bed this morning.

Niles: Did someone put a rock on your coffin again?

C.C.: I feel like I have died and gone to heaven.

Niles: I have that dream, too, but you go in the other direction.

C.C.: I find I can catch more flies with honey.

Niles: I always thought your tongue darted out.

Fran: I love the outfit, Miss Babcock.

C.C.: Of course, it's an Aldolfo.

Niles: As in Hitler?

[to C.C.] Niles: Oh, what are you doing here, the sun is up.

C.C.: I'll never get to the airport on time.

Niles: That's true, sir, she needs at least two people on her broom to use the Express Lane.

C.C.: You are a pathetic excuse for a man.

Niles: Ditto!

C.C.: What is this un-natural obsession Maxwell has with his children? I can count the number of days I spent with my father on one hand.

Niles: Seven?

C.C.: What's Maxwell doing in London?

Niles: One would hope, Miss Fine.

C.C.: This isn't a typical night.

Niles: Yes, you're not home alone sitting on your foot massager watching "Sisters".

Philippe: Hello, Caca.

C.C.: What?

Philippe: Is this not what C.C. stands for? That is what the butler told me.

[later - after Fran's fiancé kisses C.C]

Niles: Did Caca do a no-no in the kitchen?

[after spraying Maxwell's leather couch]

Niles: I couldn't resist the infomercial, sir. "Unwanted dirt just slides right off!"

[C.C. slips off the chair]

Niles: And voila!

C.C.: [Max is hiring a female to promote him] Maxwell, I want a man!

Niles: The last one deflated when she nibbled at his ear.

Max: [drinking a hangover-remedy] Urgh, Niles, it's far too early in the morning for something this repulsive.

Niles: [C.C. enters; Niles walks up to her] Mr. Sheffield wants you to go home and come back in an hour.

C.C.: I'll bet my reputation on it!

Niles: Sorry, there's a five dollar minimum

C.C.: Well, if Doug is coming over tonight, I better go change!

Niles: [after C.C. leaves] And I thought she had to wait for a full moon...

Niles: [about a tupperware item] You put old bags in it. I'll give it to Mrs. Babcock, she's always wanted an office of her own.

I think I've included enough :lol: - It just proves my point (and so many other peoples) Niles and CC were the best characters.

I agree with you Katie - the show changed Max and Fran married - she was no longer The Nanny.

One of the best CC lines...

From episode 'When You Pish Upon A Star'

[talking about an actor]

CC: I love Jack Daniels, no Johnnie Walker, no Jack Walker

ALSO -

CC: What do I have to do around here to get a little respect

[Niles is listening in on the conversation]

Max: Niles!

Niles: But sir! Fish gotta swim...

TV1 on Foxtel/Optus/Austar airs double episodes every weekday, and when the 6 season cycle is over it begins again, so you never miss and episode - I love the way they do it :D

TV2 are playing repeats of it at the moment. I'm loving it :D

So am I. Last time it played, I was too young to appreciate it. Now we've got 'The Nanny' and 'Third Rock From The Sun' - ALL in the one hour! :D

• 4 months later...

I agree with you Katie - the show changed Max and Fran married - she was no longer The Nanny.

I have to agree with both of you. It wasn't as good once they got married.

I loved Niles's constant insults towards CC - they were the best, and Fran's many relatives :lol:

C.C.: I couldn't put a foot out of bed this morning.

Niles: Did someone put a rock on your coffin again?

C.C.: I feel like I have died and gone to heaven.

Niles: I have that dream, too, but you go in the other direction.

Philippe: Hello, Caca.

C.C.: What?

Philippe: Is this not what C.C. stands for? That is what the butler told me.

[later - after Fran's fiancé kisses C.C]

Niles: Did Caca do a no-no in the kitchen?

I think I've included enough :lol: - It just proves my point (and so many other peoples) Niles and CC were the best characters.

C.C. and Niles were hilarious. I just read all the quotes and I couldn't stop laughing! :lol: I'm watching the reruns here when I'm home. The few I quoted aired recently. :)

I always wondered if I saw the first episode. I really can't remember. Can someone remind me how the show started? I think Maxwell hired Fran but I'm not sure. :unsure:

Archived