Sharni's New TV Role

Guest ThaGazBoi

Sharni's love pays

3 April 2008

Herald-Sun

FORMER Home and Away actor Sharni Vinson's decision to follow her heart to LA appears to have paid dividends for her career.

The 24-year-old actor has been cast in a new television mini-series called Scarlet, which also stars her boyfriend, CSI:NY's AJ Buckley.

The show, to be released in the US next month, is directed by David Nutter, who also directed Jessica Alba in Dark Angel and Lena Headly in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Before leaving for the US, Vinson said she was terrified of leaving her friends and family.

"I don't know a single person over there apart from AJ and it is pretty scary,'' Vinson said.

"I've always dreamed of being in films and now I'm chasing my dream. I'll give it three months and if things don't work out, I'm coming home.''

It looks like she need not book her return flight in a hurry.

"I've always dreamed of being in films and now I'm chasing my dream. I'll give it three months and if things don't work out, I'm coming home.''

lol, that's the spirit :P

I was just talking about signs before. I think you posting this is a sign that I don't need to be too freaked out about Cassie leaving forever, because it means that Sharni's getting on with her life and doing fine. So thanks :D

I think, and hope, she'll do well. Not only is she a brilliant actress but she's not your stereotypical blonde barbie-doll. She has a distinct look and I think that could help her - the girls from H&A who are doing well in LA seem to be the ones who are a little bit different, like Isla and Tammin. I suppose they need something to distinguish them from the hundreds of US actresses. Fingers crossed for Sharni, although I'd like to see her back in Summer Bay for a visit one day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived