2008: Summer Bay's Year of Drama

Guest baymaniac

Name: 2008: Summer Bay's Year of Drama

Type: Long Fic

Main Characters: Mainly focusing on Ric, Matilda, Jack, Martha, Sam, Sally, Miles, Rachel, Drew and Belle.

BTTB Rating: G

Genre: Drama and Romance

Any Warnings: Could possibly contain sexual references and scenes of violence

Spoilers: May contain spoilers from storylines yet to air in the UK

Summary: This is 2008, my way, this fanfic will mainly focus on storylines involving the characters listed above. Other characters like Aden, Geoff and Tony will be mentioned but not everyone will be as a warning. I might add a few new characters to spice things up.

QUICK RECAP OF THE END OF 2007

• Jack married Sam despite not resovling his feelings for Martha
  • Matilda discovered Ric had got Viv pregnant
  • Reverend Hall had taken Rachel hostage
  • Belle told Dom she loved him when he was rushed into surgery
  • A stranger (Miles) wrote the name MILCO in the sand

CHAPTER 1

Sally was in absolute shock at what she had just seen, MILCO, the word drawn in the sand. It was only recently that she had just been talking about her old imaginary friend, Milco, to her little daughter Pippa. In distraction, she looked around if in the case it was just a passer by, but no one was in sight.

"Mummy, come on!" said Pippa. "Yeah, I'm coming honey." replied Sally, still looking distracted.

Maybe it was just her mind and nothing else, but it was too addictive just to continue staring at the word. Finally, she stopped, knowing she could be there all day.

"OK, I'm coming now sweetheart.", she said. Both were unware that Miles was watching in the distance.

Back at Summer Bay House, Ric poured himself a glass of cola. After what had happened in the past few weeks, Ric had intially made it clear of not having a party, even though he was 20, there was nothing to celebrate. Personally, he felt he had been bullied into having one.

The door then swung open and Pippa raced in and jumped into Ric’s arms. "Ricky!" she yelled.

"Hey, Pipsqueak," said Ric, giving her a cuddle. Sally followed, looking a bit worried and distracted.

He put Pippa down and walked up to Sally. "Sal, Is everything okay?"

"Um, Not really," she said. " Do you remember my imaginary friend that I had when I was a kid? Milco?"

"Yeah?" replied Ric

"Well, I was telling Pippa about him at the beach today. And when we were walking back home, I saw it written in the sand."

"Well, maybe someone overheard you and was playing a joke."

"Well, that’s what I thought at first."

"Sal, Just relax. If it was that important probably everyone in town would be wanting answers from you."

"Okay," she said. "How’s the cake going?"

"Well, Colleen, Irene and Leah are locked up in the diner kitchen doing something elaborate with icing. It really was great for you guys to do all this for me.", Ric replied.

"You're welcome." Sally grinned. "I’m sure you guys would do the same for me."

Sally and Pippa exited and Ric's face turned to dissapointment again. He didn't want Sal to see him that way.

Coming Up in Chapter 2

Reverend Hall is continuing to hold Rachel hostage. Will Ric's secret about the pregnancy be exposed at his party?

Please comment.

CHAPTER 2

Rachel stared at her kidnapper. Reverend Hall was on the floor, praying. Rachel was tied up in her own house. The doors were locked and the blinds were shut.

"What do you think you're doing?" she shouted at Reverend Hall. "Just doing my job." he replied, breaking out of his prayer. "What job?" screeched Rachel. "You're holding me hostage in my own home. Do you think that is a job?"

Next door, Lucas and Tony were getting ready to go to Ric's party. But Mattie wasn't.

"Why aren't you ready?". Luc said to Mattie.

"I told you, I'm not going.", replied Mattie.

"But Ric invited you." commented Lucas. "Look he knows what he did was wrong and wasn't meant to happen. But, he at least wants you to show up."

"Well you can tell him to stuff it about his party and us getting back together. He fully well must know by now that me and Simon are together." said a disgruntled Mattie.

"But Mattie...", Lucas was about to say but Tony stopped him. "Luc just leave it, we going to be late otherwise." Both left on cue.

The party at Ric's was just starting. Music was playing and people were dancing around and chatting. Sally smiled, watching the happy people have a good time. Except for Martha, she was sitting on the couch seemed to be biting back tears, clearly thinking she missed her chance to say to Jack that she loved him, if only she had made it to the church on time. Sally was just about to go and ask her what was wrong when a piece of paper fell at her feet. She picked it up but there was one word was written on it, MILCO. Sally gasped in shock. She looked up, and realised that she was standing beneath a window. She raced outside to see if she could catch who dropped it. No one was there though.

Back at Rachel's place, the siege was getting terrifying by the minute.

"You won't get away with this." Rachel said. "Oh yes I will." said the Reverend. "You see Rachel, it was a sin to kill your baby." Rachel screamed in horror "I DIDN'T KILL THE BABY! I DIDN'T HAVE AN ABORTION! I MISCARRIED!". To which Hall replied, "You expect me to believe that?" For the first time since he had captured her, he stared Rachel in the eyes and she saw the dark coldness in it that only made her even more terrified.

And pretty soon Tony felt something in him, an urge to go to Rachel's place. Rachel was in trouble and he knew that he had to help her. "Sorry Ric, gotta go." he quickly stammered, leaving a whole lot of people looking confused as he raced over to Rachel's. Martha also decided to leave without saying a word.

Shortly, just after Ric had blown the candles out on the cake, Matilda arrived.

"Well at least you turned up.", said Ric. But Mattie had such a sinister look on her face, she was up to something.

"I had a lot of nerve showing up here, after what has happened." she started "After all, no one probably obviously knows there celebrating with a dirtbag like you."

"Oh please, Mattie don't say this.", said Ric, trying to prevent his shame from coming out. "Mattie, what's wrong", added Cassie.

"Take a look at the man's face, yes, you're a friend of the father of Viv Anderson's baby." Mattie emotionally spat out before running off again.

Everyone was in shock, Cassie turned to Ric, "Is that true?" she said, "You really got Viv pregnant". Ric's cover was blown and was forced to tell the truth.

Coming Up in Chapter 3

The fallout from Ric's pregnancy secret. Can Tony save Rachel in time? And is Martha going to tell Jack she loves him at last?

CHAPTER 3

Rachel was trying to hold back the tears. This man was literally insane, and he was going to rob her of her life. But what about Roman? She had to admit that she had feelings for him. And what about her family, what about her best friends Sally and Leah.

"You destroyed a life." continued the Reverend. "What you did was as bad as murdering. That is an unforgivable sin. Two wrongs don’t make a right, Rachel." "Leave me alone." Rachel continued to scream. As soon as it came out of her mouth it made her look weak. The Reverend laughed. "At this rate, you'll never be let free, Rachel."

Outside the house, Tony saw that the blinds were drawn and the door was locked. He knocked loudy.

"HELP!" screamed Rachel from inside. Trying hardly, Tony was able to bash down the door. He ran into danger.

"Stop or I'll kill you!", Hall threatened.

But before he could say another word, Tony whacked him in the face with a frying pan from the cupboard. Hall fell to the ground, blood spurting out from a nasty head gash. Tony untied Rachel, and called for help. At hospital, it was told Hall was going to make a full recovery but would be placed into a mental institution.

At Summer Bay House, the party had abruptly ended, Cassie was way having a go at Ric.

"How could you do such a thing to Mattie.", shouted Cass. "Look I said I was sorry but it never meant to happen, I didn't plan it, it was her's and Noel's idea to seduce me all along.", replied Ric.

"Yeah, as if you say that", Cassie commented then shouted "YOU SLAPPER!!!" with that, giving Ric a right old huge slap across the face. "You're a liar and a cheat. I never want to speak to you again.", she said calmly. "Cass, please don't do this." mentioned Ric, but it didn't work, Cass and Ric were no longer friends. "I hope you go to hell when you die.", Cassie said, putting in a glance.

Sal was not impressed either at Ric, she could hate him too but couldn't really show it because she had to keep the family together. She just walked past Ric without saying a word.

Meanwhile, next day at the Surf Club, Jack had only just found out Martha was back,

"What are you doing back here?" Jack asked Martha. Martha quickly explained her breakup with Michael, and how she had come to the wedding but Jack hadn’t seen her. "So what does this mean" said Jack. "I love you, Jack." Martha said, her voice thick with emotion.

"I love you too, Martha." he said. "But I'm sorry, it can't happen now. I'm married to Sam and I have to be commited to her and Rory.", "But Jack, I love you and we want to be with each other!", Martha emotionally replied. "Sorry Martha, I can't cheat." But it was clear Jack was still had stong feelings for her.

Coming Up in Chapter 4

We learn the truth about Miles Copeland. And Leah's is given some tragic news.

The door then swung open and Pippa raced in and jumped into Ric’s arms. "Ricky!" she yelled.

"Hey, Pipsqueak," said Ric, giving her a cuddle. Sally followed, looking a bit worried and distracted.

He put Pippa down and walked up to Sally. "Sal, Is everything okay?"

"Um, Not really," she said. " Do you remember my imaginary friend that I had when I was a kid? Milco?"

"Yeah?" replied Ric

"Well, I was telling Pippa about him at the beach today. And when we were walking back home, I saw it written in the sand."

"Well, maybe someone overheard you and was playing a joke."

"Well, that’s what I thought at first."

"Sal, Just relax. If it was that important probably everyone in town would be wanting answers from you."

"Okay," she said. "How’s the cake going?"

"Well, Colleen, Irene and Leah are locked up in the diner kitchen doing something elaborate with icing. It really was great for you guys to do all this for me.", Ric replied.

"You're welcome." Sally grinned. "I’m sure you guys would do the same for me."

Half of this is all MY writing.

I don't mind you having a similar fan fic to me but write your own stuff please. Guys, check out my fic "Never Let You Go" and you'll see how similar they are, and I wrote mine first.

I'm sorry, but I can report you to BTTB for this.

Archived