Callea's New Support Act

Guest Heathsgirl

The Daily Telegraph 6/12/07

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5007132,00.html

SINGER Anthony Callea may have split from his boyfriend Paul Riggio, but at least he has a shoulder to cry on.

National Bingo Night host Tim Campbell is said to be helping the pop prince get over his break-up, with consecutive sightings of the lads this week prompting speculation the pair have become close.

Confidential sources in Melbourne have spotted Campbell and Callea on two separate occasions - firstly at a trendy South Yarra bar on Saturday night, then strolling around the Tan on Monday.

It's believed the high-profile performers developed their friendship in Perth, where both were starring in the stage musical Rent.

Campbell has since moved to Callea's hometown of Melbourne to play the lead role of Australian rocker Johnny O'Keefe in Shout.Callea's manager this week maintained that his star charge and the former Home and Away actor were just friends.

"To suggest Anthony and Tim are anything more than colleagues is totally untrue," Wayne Pilk- ington said.

Campbell's management, Watercooler, similarly refused to be drawn on the claims.

"We don't comment on our clients' personal lives," David Wilson said.

"It's not surprising that Tim and Anthony are mates because they've just finished working together in Perth."

Coincidently, Campbell has long been linked to a male member of the Australian Idol production team - the same program Callea's ex-boyfriend Riggio was working on when he met the star singer in 2004.

This is exactly what I mean with gossip like the media commenting on celebrities personal lives. They just seem to blow everything out of proportion & always seem to make something out of nothing just to make money! It's a sad day when a guy can't be just mates with a gay guy & show him some much needed friendship & support without people speculating whether he himself is gay. People should just mind their own business & worry about their own lives!

This is exactly what I mean with gossip like the media commenting on celebrities personal lives. They just seem to blow everything out of proportion & always seem to make something out of nothing just to make money! It's a sad day when a guy can't be just mates with a gay guy & show him some much needed friendship & support without people speculating whether he himself is gay. People should just mind their own business & worry about their own lives!

I guess thats what you take on when you become famous. He is such a likeable guy I don't mind either way, it don't make me think more or less of him, only to say....what a hot couple both guys are really gorgous!

Has there ever been any suggestion that Tim is gay before? I must admit it never even occured to me as a possibility.

It never occured to me either :blink: But I never assumed that he was not gay though. I just never thought about it.

I’m not too happy that the media always sticks their nose in other people’s business. <_< Even if you are a celebrity, that doesn’t mean that you have to accept being stalked 24/7. So the media should just get lost <_< Or find something more interesting to write about, like how we are being manipulated by the press

Archived