Eurovision 2008: Belgrade, Serbia.

Guest Cal

I think it's time we stopped obsessing and making this an issue, and started focusing on the music again like we should.

That's exactly what i think, it should be about the song you like the most and nothing else should come into it. I do get your point though about people having diverse musical tastes and maybe when we assume that one country is just voting for their neighbour, they may genuinely like the song.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, all this East vs West thing is just boring me now. :rolleyes: I'm now boycotting. :wink:

I wonder how long it's going to take before you give in :P

I'm quite happy with the results. I liked Russia, it wasn't my number one, but I can live with it.

I just read that Belgium got 16 points in the semifinale, only two countries gave us points! lol :lol:

^^ See, if Belgium sponsored the Eurovision, they'd have been in the final! The United Kingdom only got something like 14 points (from Ireland and someone else) - we came joint bottom with Germany, for goodness sake!

So, was the Swedish votes guy actually sober? He was amazing!

Oh, all this East vs West thing is just boring me now. I'm now boycotting.

I wonder how long it's going to take before you give in

Probably not long, but I'm going to try. :P

I can't believe the crappiest song actually won. Out of the contenders, I wanted either Norway or the Ukraine to win. :( Russia should send these girls again. They came second(?) in 2007. At least they have talent!

I'm quite peeved about Bosnia. It should have been top 3. :(

The venue next year has to be in St. Petersburg. PLEASE! Moscow is a nightmare to get around! I've given up trying to make sense of this bloody map!!

The Swedish voting guy Björn, he is so funny, he made my miserableness about the neighbour voting and Swedens low place, much better.

Thank you Emsan for clearing it up for thoose who didnt know. I was about to come in here and do it. Thank you.

I will soon boycott ESC, next year the wrong song wins again, and if the neighbour and political voting continues, Russias song was not the best, he even had a better song in 2006, when he came 3rd or second. I think that they should have a jury desciding half and the wiewers half, like we have in Sweden, that way we might be able to stop the neighbot voting. I would never vote for Denmark, Norway, Finland or Iceland because they are neighbours, I didnt last year except for Finland whoose song I liked, this year I liked Iceland and Norways song, and voted for them.

Glad Norway placed high though.

I think Charlotte was amazing, she did everything she could, and she overshined everyone the last minute of her song, she was amazing. And it was not a fiasko we whould have had to qualify even if we placed 2nd so, it didnt mather, but she should have atleast come before, Spain who had the worst song off everyone.

Atleast Malta appreciated it, and saw how good it was. Thank you for the 12 points.

Is it really bad that I have a list of songs that I'm obsessed with?!

For Life (Poland) - Isis Gee

Qele Qele (Armenia) - Sirusho

This Is My Life (Iceland) - Euroband I can actually imagine this one being played in clubs all over the summer.

Secret Combination (Greece) - Kalomoira Greece were robbed. They should've won, and it's a travesty!

Wolves Of The Sea (Latvia) - Pirates Of The Sea

Pokušaj (Bosnia&Herzegovina) - Laka

Day After Day (Azerbaijan) - Elnur and Samir

Anyone else? Or is it just me, then?!

I'm obsessed with Latvia's song too! :lol: I really wanted them to win. Bosnia&Herzegovina's song was another one that I liked... :P

Didn't you like Denmark? I thought that it was really good. :D

Archived