cassie and macca

Guest hotpinkhippo

what do you guys think about cassie and macca?

i mean.. macca was portrayed as a complete jerk and i kinda feel sorry for the guy... yeah he did harmful things that have no excuse but everyone ganged up on him. and cassie wasnt even willing to admit it for a while. he seemed genuinely nice but having serious trouble, that's all. i just think he wasnt as bad as he was made out to be, anyone agree?

i dont know what to think about cassie. she's not good with her relationships.

besides all the relationship stuff anyway...

i just have to say macca looks a bit like a chipmunk, and cassie is way too orange.

:P

They were completely wrong together. I do believe that he really did love her but he always ended up hurting her and that's no basis for a good relationship, she would never have been able to trust him and would always have wondered what he was going to do next. She definately did the right thing getting out when she did.

I like Macca. I felt sorry for him when his sister turned on him... I suppose this is Martha we're talking about, but it still would have been nice for her to TRY and understand him, rather than just automatically condemning him for doing the wrong thing. For someone she's supposedly known all her life, and who she knew to be a nice guy other than this, she didn't have much compassion for him.

No, Cassie is not good with relationships, but that's not really her fault. She's been screwed up a lot in that department... Macca telling her that it was her fault for making him mad didn't help that, but in his defense, I don't think it was a control tactic, I think he had to blame her so he didn't blame himself, because he was a nice guy and to admit that he could do something like that for no good reason would be too horrific to think about. But of course, that's exactly what was happening, and when he did admit it, he couldn't deal with it and had to leave.

Whatever their relationship was, it was interesting. I really liked Macca as a character, and it was great to see such a vulnerable and self-depricating side to Cassie, which hadn't really been shown before. I always hated her, despite Sharni's great acting, but after that I sort of loved to hate her because I could see what a well-layered character she really was. Before that, she just came off as a typical brat to me, which was neither pleasant nor entertaining.

Yeah ..another thing which annoyed me was during the Lily storyline was on and it was TERRIBLE . and Cassie kept going, "it's just like what happened with Macca" But it wasn't. Lily's boyfriend was a brute who just beat her...whereas Macca only lashed out a few times and he felt terrible about it afterwards. They painted him in a bad light for the sake of that pathetic Lily storyline.

He still hit her. No matter how small compared to lillys boyfriend, its still hitting her and its not aloud. If you were Cassie and got hit a feww times wouldnt you want to get out of that relationship??

That's not the point. The point was that Kyle and Macca are nothing alike. Macca was a good guy who had anger issues, and who regretted beating Cassie - he just didn't know how to control himself. Kyle on the other hand enjoyed controlling Lily and hurting her. He was mean and cruel, and had her - as well as her own mother! - believing that she had to take the abuse because she didn't deserve anything better. He had absolutely no intention of changing himself or trying to understand that what he was doing to her was wrong.

He still hit her. No matter how small compared to lillys boyfriend, its still hitting her and its not aloud. If you were Cassie and got hit a feww times wouldnt you want to get out of that relationship??

That's not the point. The point was that Kyle and Macca are nothing alike. Macca was a good guy who had anger issues, and who regretted beating Cassie - he just didn't know how to control himself. Kyle on the other hand enjoyed controlling Lily and hurting her. He was mean and cruel, and had her - as well as her own mother! - believing that she had to take the abuse because she didn't deserve anything better. He had absolutely no intention of changing himself or trying to understand that what he was doing to her was wrong.

Hear, hear!

I agree. Even though Macca did hit Cassie more than once, he always promised that he would change. (Not that he did before the end). I'm not a fan of Macca, because even though he said he was sorry, and that he would change, it's still wrong to hit someone. But still, compare Macca and Kyle, would be wrong. Kyle was close to evil, Macca had issues he needed to deal with.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived