More Than Anyone

Guest vale4eva

:o Wow PINK, that really does fit perfectly! :D

Well spotted!

Warning: Content will not be suitable for younger readers!

Note: Lucas is only 12 in this fic, and lets just say, he is the definition of the term ‘brat’ :P

Enjoy

Chapter 31:

Martha ‘hopped’ happily around Noah’s bar; she had never looked so thrilled to be at work before.

Truth be told however, she wasn’t thinking about how much cleaning tables upon tables was so much fun, she was thinking about that one special man in her life, that last night, had made her head spin like never before.

“Alright, spit it out” her grandfather spoke up as he stood beside her.

“Sorry?” she frowned as she stopped what she was doing and looked across at him.

“That grin on your face, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it.”

“Right, yeah” she laughed, slightly embarrassed.

“I take it; this has to do with Jack then?”

“Maybe” she giggled as she carried on with her cleaning.

“Well, I’m really happy for you love; I always wondered when you two would get together.”

She grinned back at her grandfather as he made his way into the store cupboard, pleased that he was happy about her new relationship.

…………………………

(3.10pm)

He grinned to himself as he noticed her in the far corner. Her back was turned to him as she stood still on the spot; her mind clearly somewhere else.

Creeping up behind her, he quickly wrapped her into a warm embrace, his arms locking around her waist and holding her close to him.

“Hmm, thinking about me were we?” he whispered into her ear as he placed a kiss on her neck.

“You wish” she hushed back; trying her best to hold it together and concentrate. Unfortunately, having Jacks arms wound around her waist and his warm breath on her neck, made that task rather difficult.

“Or, maybe you were just thinking about all of the things I did to you last night?” His voice was low and seductive in her ear, as he walked around and stood in front of her.

She blushed as he smiled across at her, not really knowing what to say.

Sensing her apparent embarrassment, he changed the subject, now really wasn’t the time or the place to be talking about that. “So, when do you finish?”

“Umm, about …” she looked at her watch, “20 minutes”.

“Cool, I’ll wait for you”.

………………………………

Taking her hand, he led her up the stairs. Entering his room he swiveled her around, bringing them face to face.

“So, what do you …” she began.

“Shhh, listen” he whispered as he brought his finger to his mouth in silence.

“What? I don’t hear anything?”

“Exactly!” he smirked. “We’re in the house, alone, and together! It must be a day of miracles or something!” he laughed briefly.

“Yep, must be” she grinned back; her eyes gazing into his.

He held her gaze for what felt like a lifetime; just taking in her beauty as she looked across at him with so much love.

Powerless to resist her, he broke the silence. “I have thought about you all day” he gushed as he held her hips and brought her in closer.

“Really?” she smirked as she placed her hands on his well-built upper arms.

He nodded eagerly, unable to hold back for any longer. Lunging forward he wrapped her body in a tight embrace, whilst kissing her passionately on the lips.

Relaxing into his hold she allowed for him to push her backwards, until her legs hit the edge of the bed.

Placing his knee on the bed, he propped himself up; lowering her down and hovering above her.

“Mmm” she moaned at the feeling of being trapped beneath him; she felt so protected and loved with Jacks arms and legs enclosing her small frame, claiming her as his.

Pulling back, he stood on his feet. He may have been rushing, but he couldn’t help it, he was anxious to feel her skin on his.

Fiddling with his button on his jeans, he began to impatiently release the material. However he was brought to a stop as Martha’s fingers intervened with his, gently pushing his hands away and undoing the second button herself.

She would happily take this job as her own!

He smiled through content as he stood in front of her and surrendered to her undressing him. Finally tugging on the zip she allowed for the jeans to fall open.

She grinned as she looked across at his lower half; a slight blush creeping up her neck as she made note of his lack of underwear.

“No boxer shorts” she eventually spoke up, “I like that” she seductively raised her eyebrows.

He grinned at her with hungry eyes, feeling as her hands clung tightly onto his shirt as she pulled him back down.

His lips rejoined with hers in a passionate kiss; their tongues caressing each others mouths as they kissed each other like there was no tomorrow.

Pushing her hand down from his chest, she gently rubbed his lower half, earning a pleasure-filled groan as he reacted.

He fidgeted on top of her as he enjoyed the feeling of her touching him.

Pulling away she grinned at his scrunched up face, she could tell how badly he wanted this; his entire body was so tense from his arousal.

Leaning back down he kissed her softly on the lips. His hand now gently sliding up her leg …

BANG! The door crashed against the wall as it open with an unexpected thud.

“Moooom!” Lucas’ whiney voice could be heard behind them, “Jack and Martha are having sex on Jacks bed!”

Jacks eyes shot open at the sound of Lucas in the doorway. “WHA…!? LUCAS!” he roared as he quickly pushed himself off Martha, keeping his back to his brother and hurrying in zipping up his jeans.

Martha couldn’t help but giggle as she watched Jack in a state of panic, although she tried her best to suppress it, for Jacks sake if nothing else.

Finally swiveling around he glared at his younger brother, “I’m going to kill you!” he threatened him with a piercing glare; all the while, trying his best to compose himself and settle his erratic breathing. Oh boy, if looks could kill…

Lucas just stood their though, his grin from ear to ear as he glanced too and fro from his clearly-hot-and-bothered brother, to Martha, whose face showed she couldn’t help but find it all amusing.

“What’s going on?” Katie rushed in to see Jack standing in his bedroom with his hands tucked neatly in front of his groin. His shirt all scruffy and his face looking red and fiery, he was clearly un-impressed. Whilst Martha sat on the bed with her legs crossed, her skirt ruffled up at the edges but her face smiling sweetly.

“Jack” she warned him with a ‘look’, “what have I told you?”

“Mom we weren’t, I swear!” he lied through his teeth. “Luc’s just being a pain in the ass, we were only kissing.” Well, that wasn’t a lie, they hadn’t even been given the chance to actually get any further; much to Jacks dismay.

“No they weren’t, Martha had her hand down Jacks pants!” he whined.

Martha’s head quickly shot up as she nearly choked on her own saliva. Turning away she felt her cheeks hot up, sensing that all eyes were now on her.

“Well” Katie shuffled awkwardly on her feet, “I think we should all just forget this ever happened. Saves us all from any. Further. Embarrassment” her voice turned into a slow whisper.

Taking his eye-line away from his disappearing mother, he glared at Lucas. “You better run buddie, because I swear to god, I’m about to get real …” he clenched his fists, but Lucas had already darted back out before he had a chance to finish.

Releasing his fist he tried to calm himself down …

“Wow, that was embarrassing” she mumbled under her breath; but she still couldn’t help but giggle.

Jack huffed as he stood at his window, trying his best to take deep breaths and calm himself down.

“Jacky, are you ok?” she cooed as she tried to stifle her laugh. Walking over to him she stood at the window.

“No, I’m not!” he moaned, “I’m pissed off and I’m … as horny as hell” he whined before laughing. “God, I hate this”.

“Aw, poor baby” she giggled as she rubbed his lower stomach.

“Best you don’t do that” he gently removed her hand, “you’ll only make it worse” he sighed before smiling at her sadly.

She pouted at her boyfriend’s obvious misery. “Kiss me” she pursed her lips at him before leaning up and kissing him softly on the lips.

Unfortunately for Jack and Martha however, it just so happened that Lucas was walking past the doorway as they kissed, prompting him in his childish and bratty-like manor, to make vomiting noises as he went by. (He is only 12 though, so it can’t really be helped)

“Oh my goooood!” Jack yelled in his pleasure-filled pain as he pulled away from Martha, “We have to get out of here! I’m dangerously close to putting his head through a wall!” he rambled in his tantrum as he looked at Martha through wide eyes. “That’s it! We’re going to a hotel!” he scurried around the room at light speed, shoving everything he needed into a bag.

“What?” she laughed through bewilderment.

“We’re going to hotel, get your stuff”.

“Are you serious?” she continued to laugh.

“Yes I am, I can’t take this anymore Martha, I feel like I’m about to explode!”

She looked across at his pleading face. “Alright” she rolled her eyes, putting him out of his misery. “Give me 30 minutes to pack” she walked towards him and kissed him on the lips.

“Why 30 minutes? It’s not like you’ll need any clothes or anything” he smirked as he raised an eyebrow at her. “Well, not unless you’ve got some slutty underwear I might like” he said before he giggled.

“Erm, that depends; do PJ’s count!?” she stuck her tongue out at him before leaving.

Preview: Fluff :wub:

:P

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ :P

Yay dirty fluff i hope. LMFAO.

Somehow I dont think its your kind of dirty :P

I think I've mellowed in my old age lol

It's still pretty bad though :P

WARNING: CONTENT UNSUITABLE FOR YOUNGER READERS!

Enjoy :D

Chapter 32:

“Hi, can we have a room for the night please?” Jack asked as he stood with his credit card already in hand; rather eager to get this done.

“Certainly sir, would you like an average room, a seaside room, a garden view room, or the honey moon suite?”

“Just give us anything you’ve got” he answered impatiently.

Oh how romantic” Martha muttered under her breath as she teasingly rolled her eyes.

Hearing Martha’s comment he quickly changed his plan. “Oh, actually … erm” he called the man back, “we’ll have the most expensive room you’ve got”.

“Jack I was kidding!” she laughed through astonishment as she whacked him on the arm.

“Well, I’m not, seen as were here, we may as well go all out” he shrugged his shoulders with a grin.

“Don’t be silly Jack”

“I’m not!” he looked her in the eye.

She scoffed at his ridiculous behaviour, “Well fine then, but I’m paying half.”

He shook his head at her in annoyance; why did she always have to make a big deal out of everything!?

“Jack, these places are a rip off” she pulled him to the side and lowered her voice.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s totally fine” he told her, “and you’re not paying for anything, this is my treat. Besides, were only here because I made you come” he smirked.

“So is that ok then Sir?” the young man behind the desk double checked, “You’ll be staying in the honey moon suite?”

Martha couldn’t help but laugh.

“Yeah, that’s great. And why don’t you throw in room service as well. Since were here, we may as well have the best of everything” he shrugged his shoulders with a grin.

“Very well” smiled the man.

“Jack, don’t be an idiot!” scoffed Martha “You’ll max out on your card!” she shook her head at him.

“Don’t ... Worry.” He spoke to her slowly.

“Yeah but …”

“Martha, seriously, it’s fine, I’ve got the money” he flashed his credit card in her face.

“Yeah but, just because its there, doesn’t mean you have to spend it.”

He rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore her. At this rate they wouldn’t even get to the bedroom!

“Ok sir, that’s all done, I’ll get one of the porters to show you to your room” he smiled, “Enjoy your night with us”.

“Oh we will! Don’t you worry” he grinned cheekily before grabbing a hold of Martha’s hand and pulling her along.

……………………………

“Thanks a lot” smiled Jack as he closed their hotel room door.

“Ahh” he sighed, flinging his arms out at his sides to show off the massive room they were staying in.

“I still can’t believe you did this Jack” she threw her bag down beside the bed; still a little annoyed at his recent actions.

“Relax will you, its all good”.

“No, I can’t relax, I’m sorry. I know how much these average hotel rooms cost, and you just ordered the most expensive one you can get!” she looked at him through bewilderment.

“So …?”

“Well there are more important things to spend your money on than hotel rooms”.

“Fine, but …” he shrugged, unable to carry on talking; the words just wouldn’t come to him. He hated arguing with her.

She sighed as she noticed his head drop helplessly. How could she be so mean to him, when he had clearly done all of this for her.

“Come here honey” she spoke softly as she held out her hand for him to take.

“If you’re going to yell at me then I’d prefer to stay away” he sulked as he avoided her eye contact.

“I’m not going to yell at you Jack” she smiled. “Please, just come”.

Walking across the room, he stood in front of her, keeping a slight gap between them.

She rolled her eyes at him before stepping closer in. Wrapping her arms around his waist she smiled.

“You know I only did it for you … for us” he told her gently.

“Well that’s very sweet. But it really wasn’t necessary” she nudged him gently.

“I know but ... I just want to make you happy” his head fell in sadness.

“You do, you make me the happiest girl in the world” she smiled at him, “but all I want is you! Not a fancy room”.

He nodded, keeping his head down and still frowning.

“Hey” she touched his face tenderly, urging him to look at her; “I fell in love with you Jack, and your beautiful heart … not your money” she smiled.

He nodded slowly, looking deeply into her brown eyes.

“But, since were here, we may as well make the most of it” she tried to lighten the mood. Stepping backwards towards the bed, she held out her hand for him to join her. “But next time, I’m paying!” she smirked at him.

………………………

“Look at you” she spoke in between panting for breaths as they pulled away from their passionate kiss, “Your heart’s pounding out of your chest … you want me that badly huh” she cheekily raised her eyebrows.

“More than you could ever know” he told her with sincerity.

She smiled sweetly. She loved that about Jack; he always knew how to make her feel like a goddess.

The two of them remained stood beside the bed, they had gotten so lost in the moment that they had completely forgotten that there was a warm and comfy bed less than 5 feet away.

She smiled at him as she wrapped her arms around his form, snuggling her head into his chest.

“Are you ok?” he asked softly as he ran his fingers through her hair.

“Yeah” she nodded, before pulling back out to meet his eyes, “it’s just … it’s been a crazy few days, it can get a little overwhelming when I just stop and think about it.”

“Yeah, I can imagine. You know, if were going too fast, we can always slow down, I don’t mind.”

“No, it’s ok, really. I don’t think I could stand to not be with you now” she told him with honesty.

He smiled back at her, before they sealed their agreement with a tender-loving kiss.

………………………

She giggled as he blew raspberry kisses on her stomach. “Jack! Stop! It tickles!” she laughed at the feeling (and the funny sound) it made, before he pulled away and moved back up to her face.

“Meanie” she pouted and tried not to laugh.

He grinned back down at her as a past memory suddenly popped into his head. “Remember on your 12th birthday, when we had all of our friends around to celebrate” he began. “After dinner we all had fruit and ice cream, and I distinctly remember you getting upset because someone had taken all of the raspberries” he reminded her in a mocking tone of voice as he imitated her baby voice. “I couldn’t stop you crying for about an hour” he moaned through a laugh. “I searched high and low for any remaining raspberries, I couldn’t find one though, so in the end I just blew one on your stomach instead” he giggled. “It actually did the trick as well!” he laughed, “You stopped crying within an instant!”

“Yeah, I remember” she giggled along with him “Aw, you’ve always looked after me” she gazed into his eyes. “And who would have thought way back then, that we’d actually fall in love!?”

“I know, it’s crazy how things turn out isnt it,” he added, “great story to tell the kids though” he hopped off the bed and went to the mini fridge/freezer.

“Yeah” she giggled with slight astonishment; surprised that he would ever consider the prospect of them having kids. “So how many kids are we going to have?” she raised an eyebrow as she lay on her front facing him.

“Four. Two girls and two boys” he smiled and took a glance at her, “I’ve already picked out the names as well” he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself.

“Really!?” she smiled in awe as she looked at him.

“Yep. I had them picked out when I was fourteen” he turned to her. “I always thought about it a lot when we were younger, I just never said anything” he said to a surprised Martha. “Deep down I always knew we’d end up together, and the fact that we fell in love, just makes it even more perfect”.

“Yeah, it does” she sighed peacefully as she rolled over onto her back.

Walking over towards the bed, he peered over her, “Ice cream?” he offered with a grin.

“Mmm, definitely”.

Climbing over the bed, he sat with his back to the headboard; waiting for Martha to join him. Together they enjoyed the complementary ice cream that was provided; feeding each other with the spoon whilst giving each other the odd kiss now and then for extra flavour.

As they proceeded to kiss for the third time, they failed to take note of the melting ice cream which began to dribble off the spoon.

Eeeek! Its cold” he giggled against her lips, as he felt the liquid ice cream accidentally drip from the spoon and onto his naked chest.

“Ooo, niiice” she looked down at the spilled ice cream and licked her lips, “I’ll get it” she grinned at him seductively; before she leant down and licked his chest, “Mmm, tastes better with you on it” she wiggled her eyebrows.

He grinned smugly, “I am rather tasty! Even if I do say myself!” he held his head up high.

She laughed back at him and gave him a poke, “I’m not going to argue with that!”

He smiled as he looked at her, before pushing himself off the bed and chucking the empty ice cream container into the bin.

“I’ll be back in two second’s. Just have to powder my nose” he put on a posh ladies voice as he swiveled around and entered the bathroom.

She giggled as he left, he really was the cutest!

…………………………

“All done!” he cheered as he reentered the bedroom. He frowned when he noticed Martha was no where to be seen however. “Martha?” he called out, darting his vision from left to right in search of his girlfriend.

Quickly springing from out of the corner, she jumped onto his back. “Boo!” she beamed with excitement as she wrapped her arms and legs around his toned form.

He laughed and shook his head as he felt her attach herself to his back, “Hiding from me!?”

No, course not” she giggled, “I just wanted to surprise you”.

Walking over towards the bed, he gently lowered her down. “You never fail to surprise me” he smiled, as he gazed down at her with so much love. Wiping away a few lose strands of her hair, he leant down to kiss her ...

Moving himself onto the bed, he hovered above her; all the while keeping her lips on his.

Sliding her hands down his sides, she pushed off his boxer shorts, leaving him bare and exposed as he remained above her.

“At least now we can be as loud as we want” she giggled as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Mmm, definately” he nodded with eagerness, “and I won’t mind if you feel like moaning out my name while were at it” he told her, “Just to show the world how good I am” he went on with his smug comments.

“Do you ever stop!?” She laughed.

“Honey, you know me, I have an ego the size of an elephant, I’ll never stop” he smirked.

“Oh of course, how could I forget!” she rolled her eyes with a slight laugh.

He smiled down at his beautiful girlfriend, his elbows resting either side of her while his one hand played with the loose curls in her hair, gently entwining them around his finger and feeling their silky texture.

“Let’s not talk now … lets just …” he placed a soft kiss on her cheek, “Enjoy”.

She nodded in agreement, closing her eyes and feeling as Jack gently removed the underwear from her body.

She sighed as she felt the cool air glide across her skin, before that feeling was quickly replaced by the heat that radiated off Jacks yearning body.

Wrapping her legs around his waist she pulled him even closer; enjoying the feeling of having Jacks soft and smooth body held so tightly against hers.

For now, they could enjoy their time alone together, with no fears or concerns of interruptions. The rules and restrictions were thankfully thrown out of the window, and for one night only, they could be as loud as they wanted to, and do anything they wanted to.

Because as far as Jack and Martha were concerned, they were going to enjoy every single second of it!

Preview: Birthday plans are underway! But is someone having their cake and eating it too? :unsure:

Sorry for the wait peeps. Thanks for the comments :)

This is for Siana, cause shes ill :( lol

Warning: Content will not be suitable for younger readers!!!

Chapter 33:

“Hey Mac” smiled Tasha as she strolled over to her friend in Noah’s bar.

“Hey, you ok?”

“Yeah, fine. Where were you last night? I rang your place but your parents said you were out for the night” she scrunched up her face.

“Oh, yeah. Jack and I decided to stay at hotel. It was kind of a last minute thing” she told her.

“Ooo, very nice. I wish Kim had the brains to take me somewhere once in a while” she moaned as she rolled her eyes. “I take it things are going well with you guys then?” she asked as she took a seat beside Martha.

“Yep, I can’t complain” she grinned, “actually I can” she quickly added, “Our parents won’t let us sleep together anymore, which hasn’t exactly amused us. Jacks been really annoyed about it, hence the reason we went to a hotel”.

“Wait, hang on” she paused for a second, “what do you mean ‘anymore’?” she frowned at her friend.

“Oh, erm, well …” she hesitated, not quite sure how to say it.

“Oh my god” she interrupted her as she sensed what was coming, “so you’re telling me, that even waaay before you’d even thought about getting together, you slept with each other!?” she asked in disbelief as she raised her eyebrows.

“Well, it’s not like it sounds, we just shared a bed is all” she innocently shrugged her shoulders.

“That is like it sounds Martha” she laughed a little.

“Well, we didn’t have sex if that’s what you’re thinking; it was just a comfort thing. It was nice to have someone to wake up to every morning”.

“Riiiight” she looked at her with wary eyes, “You guys really are bizarre” she laughed.

“Yeah, thanks” she groaned, before grinning. “So what’s up? No work today?”

“Nope, but I do have a task on my hands that I need your help with; I’m here to talk birthdays”.

She frowned, mulling over any important dates she could think of. “Oh, right, of course” she rolled her eyes, “the guys birthdays, how could I forget” she took a seat beside her friend.

“Gosh, I’m surprised that Jack didn’t mention it to you. Kim’s been dropping hints at me left right and centre. I can’t get away from it. He’s turned into a nightmare”.

“Well, Jack and I have been a little too busy to think about birthdays” she smiled sweetly.

Turning to her friend she scrunched up her nose; “Please stop talking” she laughed; knowing exactly what Martha was getting at.

“Sorry” she giggled, “so what are you thinking?”

“Erm, the usual, nothing extravagant; just a joint party at our place. Invite everyone around and get a few drinks in” she suggested.

“Yep, sounds like a plan”.

“Ok, cool” Grinned Tash.

………………………………

For the rest of the afternoon, Martha had spent her time mulling over any ideas about what to get Jack for his birthday, but as of yet, nothing fantastic had come to her. Ordinarily she would just get him something silly as a joke, but now things were more serious, they weren’t just best friends anymore, they were partners, which meant the gift she would give him, had to be perfect.

Finally leaving her shift she happily exited the building, strolling onto the car park and making her way towards the car.

Casually glancing to her side, she found herself coming to a stand still. Approximately 30 feet away stood Jack and Laurie; they were facing each other and smiling; not to mention standing a little too close for Martha’s liking. They weren’t all over each other, but Laurie was clearly invading Jacks personal space, not that Jack seemed to mind of course.

Martha’s face fell even more and her heart began to break, as she watched them share a hug.

Why was this happening? Why was he suddenly all over his ex girlfriend?

But more importantly, why was she jumping to conclusions without confronting the issue first!?

They were in broad daylight, sharing a friendly hug in front of pretty much the entire nation! There couldn’t be anything suss about that surely!?

Then why did Martha’s insides suddenly turn inside out, and why did she feel as if she was about to be stabbed in the gut several times?

Despite the fact that it was clearly something quite innocent, she couldn’t help but feel concerned…

……………………………

Martha sat at the dinner table, staring into ‘space’. Her mother and father sat either side of her, eating away at their meals with not a care in the world.

Placing their knives and Forks down onto their now-empty plates, they finally took notice of Martha, and the evident lack of appetite she had.

“Is my cooking really that bad?” Jenny smirked as she looked at Martha.

“Sorry?” she quickly snapped out of her ‘dazed’ state, “No” she quickly added, “Its lovely, I just … I’m not hungry”.

“Is everything ok? You and Jack, you haven’t had a fight have you?” she asked in concern.

“No, were fine. I’m just not hungry. I’m more tired than anything else, I think I’ll just go to bed now” she smiled.

“Alright love, sleep well” Daniel spoke up, before watching as Martha rose to her feet and left the dinning room table in silence.

“Hm, that was … bizarre” he turned to Jenny when Martha was out of sight, “she’s never passed up on one of your meals before Jenny, maybe something really is wrong”.

……………………………

(12.45am)

Martha stared helplessly at her digital clock, at this very minute in time, she should be next door, snuggled up in bed with Jack and dreaming about their future together. Instead, she was in her own cold and lonely bed, still thinking about the ridiculous notion that Jack was cheating on her!

Hearing a rustling from her window, she froze; she knew exactly who that was!

Closing her eyes, she put on her sleepy face…

Sliding into the bed, he came up close behind her; carefully leaning over and kissing her on the cheek.

He noticed her eyes flicker open as his lips brushed her skin; he couldn’t help but feel thankful she was still awake…

Hey” he hushed softly into her ear, “Did you forget?”

“Huh?” she acted unawares as she shuffled around to face him.

“You were supposed to come over 45 minutes ago”.

“Oh, yeah, sorry” she paused briefly as she thought of an excuse, “I was tired and just …”

“Its ok” he smiled, “I was just worried that’s all”. He gently rubbed her back, “but now I know you’re ok, we can snuggle up and get some sleep, yeah” he placed a kiss on her forehead.

Snuggling closer into his chest, she closed her eyes, just hoping and praying that by tomorrow, her crazy and irrational thoughts would be long gone…

………………………………

(3am)

His eyes opened wide with a start as he saw a dark figure sat at the end of the bed, realizing who it was he frowned, before pushing himself out of the covers and crawling over towards her.

“Martha” he sat up on the edge of the bed beside her, “what wrong?”

“Nothing … just cant sleep”

He nodded slowly, understanding that she probably had a lot on her mind right now, what with work getting her down and a certain person’s birthday coming up.

Placing his hand on her back, he gently pushed upwards, slipping beneath her top and caressing her bare skin. He felt her shiver at his touch, her breathing becoming a little more evident as his cool hand trickled over her warm skin.

“Come on, lets try and get back to sleep” he kissed the tip of her shoulder, before taking her hand and encouraging her to join him.

Lying back down, he took her in his arms, but Martha had other ideas. Pushing herself away from him, she quickly removed her pants and t-shirt. Now, moving on top of him she slid her hands down his sides; reaching for his boxer shorts and pulling them downwards, leaving him naked and exposed from the waist down.

Throwing it to the floor she cheekily grinned at him, before leaning in to kiss him ...

“Martha, wait” he stopped her, placing his hands on her arms and holding her still. “Its late, we should just sleep now” he spoke to her calmly.

She shook her head silently, her face displaying a greedy smile.

“No, come on, it’s after 3 in the morning, and I’m already shattered, I’ll be exhausted tomorrow at work” he continued to protest.

She pulled back, her emotions starting to take over. “You don’t want to be with me?” she cried softly as her face fell into a frown.

“What? What are you talking about?”

“Uh! It doesn’t matter” she huffed as she shook it off, before lying down on the side of the bed and facing the other way.

“Martha” he gently called out; hurt by her actions. “Don’t be like this” he moved across to her and wound his arm around her waist. “What’s wrong?” he asked following a brief pause, “why are you so cold with me tonight?”

He waited for a response but failed to receive one.

He sighed, shaking his head, something was wrong here, but he had no idea what, if only she would just open up to him.

Grasping her sides and swiveling her around, he moved on top of her, trapping her in and forcing her to confront him.

“Talk to me” he urged her softly.

“There’s nothing to say” she replied with a vacant expression as she finally relaxed her body. “I just …” she shrugged, caressing his peck with her finger, “want you”.

He sighed sadly, there was something she still wasn’t telling him, but he decided not to press the issue, now really wasn’t the right time to be arguing.

Stroking her one cheek, he smiled down at her sadly, before watching as her face came nearer his own, pressing a tender kiss on his lips.

Despite his reservations, he would bite his lip and settle for giving her what she wanted. Sliding his tongue into her mouth, he kissed her passionately, his lips eventually trailing across her neck and down to her chest, before he positioned her beneath him and slipped inside.

They moved together almost silently. They were like robots, with surprisingly very little passion involved.

After they had both peaked with their arousal, Jack gradually came to a stop.

To his surprise however, Martha placed her hand at the base of his back, continuing to push him down and spreading her legs further apart.

She couldn’t stop, she wouldn’t! She needed to feel more than this, because maybe with a little pain thrown into the mix, her persistent thoughts and concerns would finally disappear.

“Martha” he protested as she struggled with him, her hand all the while pressing into his skin, holding him down. “Stop!” he grabbed her arms and held them up above her head. “What are you doing? You’ll hurt yourself” he cried through concern and sadness.

With a sigh, he pulled himself away from her, straightening her legs from her rather uncomfortable position, before moving back down to her level. “What’s going on here? Huh?” he questioned her. “You’re acting like crazy tonight”.

She stayed silent and still, her eyes looking passed him and out into the open.

Finally giving up, he moved off her small frame, “Come on; let’s just sleep now. Yeah?”

She eventually nodded, turning on her side and snuggling into him.

Their eyes both stayed open for what seemed like forever, neither of them feeling in the right frame of mind to settle and drift off to sleep.

The interesting events of the night flooded both of their brains, but for one person, it wasn’t just the nights events she couldn’t seem to look passed; it was the images of Jack and Laurie that still hoarded her mind, preventing her from finding peace and forcing her into a nightmare that she knew was waiting to happen …

God! Why was she feeling like this!?

I'm having a bad day! Grrrr

To anyone thats thinking of going to uni, I recomend you stay away from it!

Nah, just kidding, its a hoot! :D<_<

Not sure about this chapter :( I'm thinking theres too much dialogue!

But please enjoy. This is for Zetti :)

Chapter 34:

Rolling onto her front she groaned, feeling as a certain texture rubbed against her skin. Opening her eyes and re-gaining her focus, she inspected the small note that lay on top of her pillow.

Holding herself up with her elbows, she opened the note, reading its contents;

Sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye, but I figured you could do with the rest.

I really think we should talk, there’s obviously something on your mind.

I hope you’re not upset with me over last night, I was just concerned.

I love you, and I’ll talk to you later

Jack

xxx

Oh great, she thought as she rolled her eyes, not only was she worrying over something that was probably beyond ridiculous, but now because of her stupid actions during the previous night, Jack was in a state too!

This was just perfect! She groaned as her head hit the pillow with a thump.

How could things change so quickly? Just over 24 hours ago, they were blissfully happy, just basking in their new found love. And now look at them! The whole thing was beginning to turn into a nightmare, and it was all because of one small but extremely important concept, something that she was so sure was under control, but clearly she was wrong, and that was …

Trust!

……………………………

“Im really worried Kim” Jack began as he took a seat on Kim’s couch; “the way she was acting, it was almost like she was trying to hurt herself or something” he turned to Kim with a wary look.

“Wow, really? That doesn’t sound so good”.

“No, it’s really not. And it doesn’t even make sense! She was so happy the other night; we were both on cloud nine! And then I don’t see her all day and suddenly she’s turned into someone else. It’s just … strange”.

“What did she do exactly?” Kim frowned at his friend.

“Erm” Jack hesitated, he didn’t like talking to his friend about his sexual antics, “I can’t explain it; she was just … very out of character” he shrugged.

“Right. Well maybe you should talk to her, try and find out if there’s something on her mind?”

“That’s the thing, I know that there is something on her mind, but I’m not so sure that she’s willing to tell me”.

……………………………

“I’m just so confused Tash” she sighed, “One minute I’m walking on air, the next I see that and it all just comes crashing down again. Am I over reacting?” she turned to her friend with a pleading face; hoping that she would see it as justified.

“Well, I don’t know, I didn’t see them together, but it was obviously something bad, I mean, I’ve never seen you this worked up over a guy before.”

“Yeah but, what if I miss read it. They were in broad daylight for goodness sake, the entire town could see them!” she ranted as she stood up and paced the bar floor, “maybe it was innocent, maybe they’ve just remained friends since they split up, which is nice, right!?” she again glanced at Tasha for answers, but still got nothing. “Or maybe something really is going on, and they just met up during the day to throw everyone off the scent! Like some sort of devious plan they hooked up” her breathing began to deepen, “or maybe! Maybe …” her voice fell into a soft whisper, “maybe I should just stop being such an idiot and talk to Jack” her face fell.

“I think if I were to pick one, I’d go with the latter” she smiled sadly.

“Yeah. Now I just have to gather enough courage to actually confront him” she swallowed hard.

“I’m sure you can do it Mac, if you love Jack as much as you say you do, then you’d want to do anything to make sure your relationship survives, and hey, if Jack is being a two timing little slut, which I’m sure he’s not” she quickly added, “he’ll have me to deal with” she placed a comforting hand on her friends arm for support.

“Thanks”

“No problem. Look I really need to get going now; I have to pick up Kim’s birthday present” she rolled her eyes with a grin. “If you need anything, or just want to chat some more, I’m always here” she said, before hugging her friend goodbye and leaving the bar in silence.

Well, that was it, the decision had been made, Martha would just have to bite the bullet and talk to Jack about it! The only possible way of sorting this out now, was to confront the issue head on, because if she didn’t, it would only end up escalating into something far worse, and that would only result in more potential heartbreak.

Unfortunately for Martha however, with the way she was feeling at this present time, confronting him would be easier said than done!

……………………………

“Hey Martha” Kim called out as he approached her in the car park.

“Hey, how ya doing?”

“Good” he nodded as he stood in front of her smiling; inside not really knowing whether to mention Jacks earlier conversation with him. “Look, I know it’s not exactly my place to say, but Jacks really worried about you. He thinks something’s really wrong” he spoke up; expecting her to yell at him and tell him to mind his own business, this was Martha after all, and she could be one fiery little firecracker when she wanted to be.

She laughed lightly, “Probably because something is wrong” she replied sadly.

“Right, well, maybe you should talk to him about it, you know, to clear the air” he suggested.

“Yeah, I will do” she nodded; unknowingly placing her hand to her stomach as she spoke.

Noticing her actions, he frowned. “Oh my god” muttered Kim as his eyes flicked too and fro from her face to her stomach, “You’re pregnant!” he gasped.

“What!?” she nearly choked at his words, “No, of course I’m not pregnant! You think that just because I’m having issues with Jack and innocently touch my stomach, it means I’m pregnant!” she looked at him through wide eyes. “Typical guy” she rolled her eyes.

“Sorry” he shuffled nervously on his feet, “it just looked …” he frowned, “... anyway, I best get going, places to go, people to see, you know how it is. I’ll see you soon” he called back to her as he scooted off in the other direction.

'Whoa', that was a lucky escape, thought Kim...

……………………………

(7.30pm)

“Hey” Jack tapped the frame on her bedroom door as he poked his head through the gap, “Can I come in?”

“Hey, yeah, please do” she smiled back.

Walking over towards the bed, he took a seat beside her.

“I’ve missed you” he raised his eyebrows slightly.

“I’ve missed you more” she told him with honesty.

He smiled sadly as he looked across at his beautiful girlfriend. God he loved her so much! If only she’d just open up to him!

“Can I have a hug?” he asked following a brief pause.

She smiled; her head nodding slowly as she shuffled around.

Opening his arms, he welcomed her into his warm embrace; clinging onto her tightly. She sank into his arms; the many things she loves about Jack so much came to the surface; his warmth, his smell and most importantly, his love for her.

Pushing backwards and keeping her in his arms, he moved along the bed, resting against the cushioned headboard, before closing his eyes.

She heard a peaceful sigh slip from his lips, his breathing was calm and hypnotizing; she felt completely at ease as she lay against him, snuggled up close. All of her fears and concerns had finally drifted away …

“I love you” he whispered through the silence.

Pulling away from him to look into his eyes, she smiled, “I love you too”.

He smiled back, leaning forward and placing a soft kiss on her cheek. Tilting her head at his touch, she caught his lips, allowing for them to share a sweet and tender kiss.

Pulling away she took a deep breath, before facing the inevitable…

“I’m sorry about last night” she kept her voice soft to avoid her parents hearing them. “I didn’t mean to …” she sighed; this was going to be harder than she thought.

He continued when she failed to keep talking. “Look, I know that something’s on your mind … I just wish you’d tell me what it was”.

“I know it looks that way, but its not that big a deal, I’ve just blown it out into something even bigger than it should have been and ...” she groaned, “the truth is, I’m just …” she looked deeply into his concerned and caring eyes, “… I’m a hormonal wreck” she laughed slightly, inside cursing herself for not telling him the truth.

His eyes suddenly opened wide, “Oh my god”, he replied softly as he came to a realization of what was happening; placing his hand to his mouth in shock, he spoke the words. “You’re pregnant?”

“What!?” her head quickly shot up “no, of course not. Why does everyone keep asking me that” she grumbled under her breath. “Do I look fat or something?” she raised her voice slightly.

“What? No, honey, you’re beautiful, as always”.

“You didn’t answer my question” she groaned.

“No, you are not fat, you’re just normal Martha size” he smiled sweetly.

She forced a small smile as she fell back into his arms.

“So you’re not pregnant?”

“No, I promise you.” He nodded back. “It’s just … I guess things are getting on top of me, what with work and …” she shrugged helplessly, not knowing what else to say.

“My birthday?” he smirked, giving her a nudge.

“Yes, your birthday, and I guess I just wanted something to take my mind off it all. I’m sorry, I went the wrong way about it” she spoke in regret.

“Its ok, you don’t have to apologize, but, I’m not going to lie, you scared me.”

“I know, I’m sorry” she replied with obvious guilt, feeling a build up of anger over herself for lying to him, and embarrassment over last night rush through her body. “Can we just forget it ever happened?”

“Of course” he smiled.

They smiled at each other, holding their gaze, before their heads fell in unison and the atmosphere quickly became consumed with awkwardness. This was all looking rather familiar, not 7 days ago they were in the same position as now, with neither of them really knowing what to say to each other and finding the deadly silences, almost unbearable.

“Well … I think I’ll get going. I’ve got some paper work to sort out before work tomorrow” he lied. He didn’t actually have any work to do, but the moment was beginning to get to him. He just had to get out of there!

“Oh right, ok”

Pushing himself down the bed, he took to his feet.

Her face fell out of sight when he glanced away from her. All because of her stupid insecurities, things between them had turned awkward, yet again!

Shuffling down the bed, she met him at the end. Rising to her knees she smiled, “come around later?” she asked shyly as she played with the bottom hem of his shirt.

He nodded with a smile, “12 o’clock! On the dot!”

She grinned back at him before leaning forward, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tightly.

“I’ll see you tonight” he whispered into her ear, placing a soft kiss on her neck, before pulling away and silently exiting the bedroom…

Note: Not sure if I liked that myself. Sorry if it sucked :(

Cheers dears :D

Warning: Content maybe unsuitable for younger readers

Enjoy :)

Chapter 35:

“Your feet are cold” she giggled softly as he hovered above her.

“Better warm me up then”

Her breath was calm as she gazed into his chocolaty brown eyes, there was something about Jack that could magically take away any jitters or concerns she once had, and set her body at utter peace and harmony.

Leaning down, his lips met with hers in a searing kiss, their minds and thoughts turned a blank whilst their butterflies and burning desires gradually built up inside.

Relief almost flooded through their veins as they sank into the kiss; completely letting go and allowing for the moment to take them over.

It had felt like a lifetime since they had shared such a passionate and loving kiss.

Pulling away, he shifted off her body and laid himself down onto the bed beside her.

“Were alright, aren’t we?” he asked; his voice displaying clear uncertainty as he spoke.

“Yeah, of course” she gave him a reassuring smile.

Cuddling into his chest she let her eyes close shut. She was right where she wanted to be, nestled safe and warm in the arms of the man she loved. But there was something else, and as much as she’d hate to admit it, she still couldn’t get her head around this Jack and Laurie business, and the fact that she had chickened out in asking him earlier on, just made her feel ten times worse.

Why did she always do this to herself!?

Never speaking up at the right time and leaving it to stew and build up into something far greater!

Not only was she making life very difficult for herself, but she would no doubt end up hurting Jack, because sooner or later, something would pop, and there relationship would suffer as a result of it.

But with that said, Martha still couldn’t bring herself to ask him, just the thought of Jack knowing she didn’t entirely trust him, sickened her to her very core, as she knew that deep down, it would possibly mean the end for them...

……………………………

The sun shone brightly through the slit in Martha’s curtain, beaming directly onto their faces as they tossed and turned from side to side on the mattress.

Yawning and opening his eyes, he smiled, before reaching over for his mobile phone. It was strange that he would feel so content on such an early morning, usually he would wake up exhausted, knowing it was 7am and he would have yet another long days work to get through, but for some reason, this morning, he felt different.

Looking at the phone, and flipping it open, he noticed that it failed to light up. “Huh” he groaned as he gave it a shake. Pressing the ‘on’ button several times it still failed to switch on. “Oh god” he swallowed hard as the realization of the situation hit him, “my phones switched off, the battery must have gone dead. What time is it?” he rambled in his nervousness as he turned to look at Martha.

“Erm, hang on”, she forced her sleepy form upwards to glance at the clock. With a start her eyes shot open, “Its 10 o’clock” she whispered through a panic.

They stayed rigidly still as they both heard the sound of someone walking along the hallway. The floorboards creaking with every step they took; creating an unnerving feeling within, as they sensed their doom coming ever closer. “Oh god, this is it, were dead meat” she muttered as she tried to hold her breath.

“It’s ok, I’ll just slip out quietly” he mouthed the words to her and stayed a mute.

She nodded back, giving him a small but anxious smile.

Pushing the covers from off his t-shirt-covered-torso, he attempted to shuffle out of bed, but before he could get very far, the inevitable had happened. Her mother had swung the door open and cheered … “Rise and shine sleepy girl!” before her face fell at the display set out before her.

“MARTHA!” she gasped in horror.

Looking up at her mothers wide eyes she spoke the only words she could think of. “Erm, excuse me, its called knocking” she tried to be smart. But it failed to work as her mother just glared daggers at her, showing she was far from impressed with their behaviour.

Ducking her head under the covers to hide, she took a loud gulp. She should have guessed they’d end up getting caught out, she thought as she rolled her eyes.

“Down stairs! Five minutes!” she heard her mother call out, before the door slammed shut and her footsteps stomped away down the stairs.

Pulling her head out, she smiled uneasily at Jack, who still sat on the bed with the covers half on, half off.

“Well” Jack spoke up following a brief silence, “I think she took that well!” he added with sarcasm, before rolling his eyes …

…………………………………

Martha and Jack entered the living room, both with their heads held downwards in shame and guilt. Maybe if they put on their sad and sorrowful faces, her mother would go easier on them; well, she probably wouldn’t, but it was definitely worth a shot…

Taking a seat on the couch they waited for their lecture.

“Well, I think I should start by saying how disappointed I am in you both, you broke the rules and went around behind our backs” she started, “clearly you have very little respect for your elders!”

“Mom, its not like that, we just wanted to spend some time together, were working all day long, and at night’s the only alone time we can get”.

“Yes, that may be, but the rules are there for you to follow, and until you find a place of your own, this is the way it has to be!” She told them in final. “And I’ll be informing Jacks parents about this as well”.

“What!?” Jacks head shot up in horror, “Oh god, please Mrs. Mackenzie, you can’t tell them. My parents will kill me for sneaking out at night.” his face pleaded with her to help him out.

“I’m sorry Jack, but I can’t keep them in the dark, they have a right to know.”

“Oh, well great” he gritted his teeth.

Martha looked apologetically across at her boyfriend, deep down knowing full well that this was mostly her entire fault. After all, it was her ingenious plan to sneak around. “Well, I don’t think there’s anything else that needs to be said. Except, Martha; I’ll be informing your father of the situation, and he’ll be putting bolts on your window from now on.”

“Bolts!?” she scoffed through disbelief as she scrunched up her face, “Are you for real!? Why not just chuck us in a prison, it’d be so much easier!” she said with sarcasm as she rolled her eyes.

Shaking her head at her daughters comment, she exited the living room and left them to it.

The two individuals still remained side by side on the couch, both mentally processing the current predicament they had found themselves in. Where were they going to go now!? It’s not like they could stay in a hotel for the rest of their days.

Martha huffed as she fell backwards and slouched into the chair, her forehead all the while stayed tensed and creased as the fury inside of her continued to grow.

This was a total nightmare!

Being alone at night was the only time they could ever truly relax, just spending some quality time, just the two of them, with no other cares in the world. And now look at them, for approximately five days they had successfully sneaked in and out of the house without their parents finding out, but now they had been well and truly busted.

Just typical!

“I better get to work, I’m already an hour late” Jack groaned as he took to his feet and turned to look at Martha. “Look, I know it sucks, but …” he shrugged, “We’ll figure something out” he took her hand and pulled her onto her feet.

“I guess” she said as she kept her head bowed downwards.

He smiled as she sulked like a little school girl, before leaning forward and pressing quick kisses all over her face. She giggled as she tried to push him away. Yet again it was Jacks powers that had managed to change her emotions within the drop of a hat.

Finally planting the last kiss on her neck, he pulled away. “Better?” he grinned with an eyebrow raised.

She nodded eagerly, “Much. You’re a miracle worker” she grinned back.

“I know” he smugly replied as he held his head up high.

“Now go to work” she giggled, “before our day becomes even worse and you end up getting yourself fired” she gently shoved him out the living room door.

“Oh god, well that would just be the icing on the cake now wouldn’t it” he rolled his eyes.

…………………………………

(3.55pm)

“I couldn’t do it” she burst into Tasha’s living room. “I couldn’t ask him”.

“What! Why?” she spun around to face her friend.

“Because!” she exclaimed, “I don’t want Jack to think I don’t trust him.”

“But you don’t”.

“No I do, I just … I don’t know. I can’t explain what I’m feeling right now. All I know is I love him and I don’t want to push him away” she spoke sadly.

“Yeah but, if you think he’s going to …

“I know that Jack would never leave me, not for anyone” she interrupted, “and I know how much he really loves me” she told her with certainty.

“Then what’s the problem here? If you believe in your heart that Jack would never leave you, or cheat on you, then why the big drama?”

She stayed silent, her head falling to the ground as the many contradicting thoughts flooded her mind.

Tasha sighed at her friend, observing the evident misery that spread across her face, “Maybe you’ve just got this all wrong; maybe you’re getting trust and jealousy confused here” she suggested. “You probably just felt jealous when you saw Jack and Laurie together, but that doesn’t exactly mean you don’t trust him!”

“Yeah … maybe” she replied with uncertainty. “But what if it was more than just jealousy. I know that he loves me, yes, but do I know for definite that he wont ever cheat on me!? No, I don’t, because nobody can know that”.

“Well I do” Tasha abruptly added, “I know for a fact that Kim would never cheat on me, or hurt me. He’s never given me a reason to think he ever would. But then again, he’s not Jack is he, and let’s just say, Jacks history is pretty self explanatory” she rolled her eyes. “But he’s changed” she added with a softer voice; trying to ease Martha’s fears, “Even I can see that. He’s not the person he used to be, when he looks at you, it’s like he sees you as the only person in the world, it’s exactly how a man should look at the woman he loves, and Jack does that!” she smiled, “if I’m honest, back then, I would have probably leant towards the idea that he was cheating, but now, I’m not so sure, I think he’s grown up, he’s not the usual Jack I know”.

“Yeah, maybe”.

“But you have to talk to him!” she urged her friend, “you guys have issues here, and if you don’t sort them out they’ll only end up worse in the long run!”

“Yeah but, how am I supposed to tell him that I don’t trust him?” she spoke up sadly.

At that moment, Tasha’s face began to fall, “looks like you won’t have to” she hushed back, her head lowering to the ground.

Frowning, Martha turned around to face the door, to her horror she saw Jack, who stood on the spot with his eyes filled with tears; clearly trying to process the hurtful and unexpected words that his girlfriend had just spoken.

Placing her hand to her mouth in sadness, she cried, “Oh god, Jack”

Preview: What now for Jack and Martha? And what is really going on between Jack and Laurie? Was Martha right to worry?

Warning: Slightly bad word included

Chapter 36:

Stomping down the beach in fury, he harshly brushed away his tears. His face grew redder and redder as his steps went on. His eyes becoming more bloodshot as he forcefully tried to prevent anymore tears from slipping out.

Hearing her call after him and her voice gradually getting closer, he picked up his pace; he was in no state of mind to be talking to her right now.

“Jack! Please! Just stop for a second!” she shouted, in between panting for breaths as she rushed up towards him, “let me explain!”

At her final words, he stood rooted on the spot. With his back kept towards her, he waited for her to join him.

Jack” she spoke softly, reaching out to touch his hand, but he quickly flinched away. Stepping backwards slightly, he stayed rigidly still, his eyes failing to acknowledge her as he looked up ahead at the horizon. “Look, I’m so sorry about what you heard, it came out totally wrong I swear” she said anxiously as she looked into his glassy eyes.

“Came out pretty loud and clear to me” he replied through gritted teeth as he finally looked into her eyes. “I just don’t understand, why would you say that? Why would you even think that?” he asked her, “I thought we were over this.”

“We were, we are” she quickly corrected herself; a frown appearing on her face as she mentally cursed herself for slipping up.

“It doesn’t sound like it” he cried.

“I know, it’s all coming out wrong” she said sadly, her head dropping to the ground, “Look, I can’t talk here; please can we just go somewhere private? Just give me the chance to explain.”

Following a slight pause, and inspecting her pleading face, he reluctantly gave in; “fine. Let’s go. I’m really looking forward to hearing this” he sarcastically replied in a glum tone of voice, before turning away from her and walking off up the beach.

She sighed loudly as she watched him stomp away, his heart clearly being dragged along with him in the gutter as he walked. She only hoped that once it was all out in the open, he would look deep down inside and find it in his heart to understand.

………………………………

Taking a seat in the now empty Noah’s bar, he waited for her to begin...

“I don’t really know how to start” she paused, taking a breath, “the truth is, its all just blown way out of proportion … at the beginning it was only something small, and I thought I could deal with it. But the more I thought about it, the more it played on my mind, it just wouldn’t let up” she cried.

“What are you talking about?”

Closing her eyes and taking in another deep breath, she tried to compose herself, before opening her mouth to speak. “I saw you … with Laurie; you were hugging and … it just looked …”

She was interrupted by the sound of a gob-smacked Jack, as he couldn’t help but release a small laugh, “are you kidding me!?”

“Sorry?” she frowned.

This is all that it’s been about? The fact that you saw me and Laurie hugging!?” he raised his eyebrows at her.

“Well, I don’t know, you seemed … close”.

“Close? We were hugging Martha; she wasn’t sucking my face off”

“Don’t Joke with me Jack, this isn’t funny” she scoffed.

“Does it look like I’m laughing?” he glared at her.

She paused, glancing across at his serious-looking face, before she was forced to turn away, unable to take anymore of the piercing stare that was permanently fixed in his eyes. “Fine, then what was it?”

“I don’t know Martha” he threw his hands out to the side in a shrug, “I mean, have you ever heard the concept of two people sharing an innocent hug? Because that’s all it was! She’s my friend Martha. Laurie is my friend.”

“Well, you never talk about her, how was I supposed to know you were friends!”

“Yeah well, there’s a lot you don’t know” he turned away from her.

“Meaning?”

“Well, for starters" he spun back around to face her, "do you know that I go running with her almost every day!? And do you know that she was actually thanking me for fixing her up with one of the guys at work! And do you know that I can’t even believe were having this conversation right now!?” he yelled in frustration.

She stayed silent, not knowing what to say. How could she get this all so wrong?

“You should have said something” she spoke softly as her eyes filled with tears.

“Why would I!? Because if I did, you’d automatically jump to the wrong conclusions!”

“Well can you blame me!? After your track record!” she shot back without thinking; immediately regretting it however, as she saw his face quickly fall.

He pulled back slightly; shocked that she would even say such a thing. “I can’t believe you just said that”

“Well, it’s true” she lowered her head.

He shook his head at her, he either wanted to laugh, or to cry his heart out right about know, instead he did neither; he felt that yelling and then storming out would produce the best results. “You know what Martha, why don’t we just leave this now, yeah, because you’ve obviously already got this all figured out!” he brushed passed her and headed for the door.

“No, Jack please, I just want to …” she tried to grab his arm.

“No!” he swiveled back around to face her, “I think it’s about time you grow up! And while you’re at it; open your eyes!”

And with that final remark, he left; leaving behind a sad and guilt-ridden Martha, who crumpled to the floor with one swift drop, her legs giving way beneath her.

Placing her hand to her face she sobbed. This was the exact reason why she never wanted Jack to discover the true depth of her insecurities. Because now, not only was he broken in two, but their relationship was broken as well.

She only hoped that they could repair the damage …

But how exactly?

……………………………

“You want a beer?” Kim offered the ice cold drink as a way for Jack to relax, but he was far too upset and stressed to even listen to Kim right now.

“I can’t believe this is happening Kim” Jack ignored his friend and placed his head in his hands; sitting slouched forward on the couch.

“Look mate, maybe you should stop thinking so hard, give your mind a rest, go get some sleep or something”.

“No, I couldn’t sleep even if I wanted to” he shook his head.

Walking into the living room he took a seat opposite Jack, looking across at his friend he frowned. “What are you thinking man?”

He shrugged helplessly. “I’m thinking” he sighed, “this is a total disaster”, he began. “I should have guessed I wouldn’t be able to make this work. I mean, this is me, I don’t have relationships, I have one night stands! No hassle, no commitment, and no confusion. And instead I end up falling for my best friend, talk about rotten look” he tried to laugh; but he just felt so exhausted, his emotions had drained him completely, and even though he knew he could really do with a good nights sleep, it was no use here, because as soon as his head hit the pillow, his mind would tick over with the many thoughts and heartbreaking decisions he feared he may have to make.

“So, we know the situations a bitch, but, how are you feeling about Martha?”

“Well, I don’t hate her, so I guess that’s something. I’m just hurt and … disappointed I guess. You know what though, now that I’ve had time to think about it, I can kind of understand. My track record isn’t exactly colourful” he rolled his eyes, “but it’s the fact that she didn’t tell me, she just went on lying. She showed no respect for me, or for our relationship! If this relationship meant half of what she claims it means to her, she would have told me straight away. Instead of just leaving it for me to find out accidentally” he stood up and paced the floor in front of Kim, “you know if I hadn’t have walked in at that time, she probably would have kept lying to me” he looked at Kim for a moment before he continued on with his pace. “And the fact that she thought I was having an affair! I mean geezus! Does she not know how crazy I am about her!?”

“Look, ok, so she thought you and Laurie were having an affair, its an honest mistake, she saw you hugging and thought the worst, but are you really going to end your relationship based on that?” Kim asked, doing his best to get to some kind of understanding.

“It’s more complicated than that though, this has always been an issue with her; she’s never been very trusting of people anyway. Even when we’d just gotten together, she told me that she was scared I was going to leave her, she even contemplated trying to get pregnant, just to ensure that I’d stay with her” he told him.

“Yikes, sounds like she’s got a real issue with this then”

“Yeah, she has” he sighed.

As the moment dropped quiet, Kim again spoke up; asking the one question that he knew Jack would never want to hear. “So, is this the end for you guys?”

“I don’t know” he softly replied. “I hope not” he swallowed away the tears that threatened to spill, “But I don’t know if I can be with someone that doesn’t trust me”

Kim nodded in understanding. “Then you need to tell her, before it gets even messier than it already is”

“I know, but … when I’m around her … I just … melt” he sighed, “I can’t help it.”

“You love her”

“I’d be ready to marry her” he added to Kim’s surprise. “Well, I would have been” , he muttered.

“Wow, that’s huge.”

“I want to be with her more than anything, but, I can’t go on pretending. I can’t go on hoping that we’ll work it out, and then at the back of my mind just knowing that it’ll probably all come crashing down again. I cant live like that!” he told his friend, “The bottom line is she doesn’t trust me, and I’m not even sure if we can get passed that.”

“So, what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know … I really don’t know”

Preview: Martha tries to make amends…

Chapter 37:

(The following day)

“Martha, honey, do you want to talk?” Jenny approached her daughter, who sat in the living room staring glumly at the television, as she proceeded to flick through every single channel available to her.

“I’m not in the mood to talk right now” she bit her lip, “if I talk, I’ll only end up opening a gate, and when I start to cry, I cant stop. So, for both of our sakes, its best to just leave it” she took in a deep breath, trying her best to control her emotions and prevent herself from falling apart again.

Jenny smiled sadly as she took a seat beside her daughter, “you know its ok to cry, you might even feel better once you’ve cried”.

“No, I won’t. The only thing that will make me feel better right now, is Jack” she glanced at her mother, before placing the remote control down to one side and leaving the living room in silence.

Jenny sighed as she heard Martha’s bedroom door slam shut in the distance. She didn’t know the full extent of the situation, but she had a fair idea. And anyone could see how cut up Martha was about it all. She only hoped for her daughter’s sake, that this would all just fall back into place …

…………………………………

Lying on the bed she rested on her front; her legs raised up into the air, as she smiled down at the photo album. Flipping each page one by one, she thought of a happier and less complicated time; a time when she and Jack were just best friends and currently having the time of their lives.

The one photo showed Jack sitting on a chair with a paper crown positioned on his head, and Martha sat on his lap; her grin from ear to ear. It was at his 18th birthday when that photo had been taken, and they had celebrated it in style. During the day they had spent it at the local theme park, riding the roller coasters until they threw up, followed by a slumber party at night with all of their mates.

It was a particularly good night for Jack, as it was the first time his parents had let him have the place to himself. Which for Jack, could only mean one thing, lots of girls, lots of booze, his best friend Martha attached to his arm, and lots of making out sessions (but not with Martha, obviously).

For Martha however, the night was almost disastrous, if it hadn’t have been for Tasha, she probably wouldn’t have stayed. But mostly she did it for Jack, it was his night after all, and he should therefore spend it the way he wished to.

Pity there were so many blonde bimbos involved though.

And now, at the present day, it was hardly surprising that Martha felt so insecure about their relationship. His past was an array of girl on top of girl, and the concept of Jack settling down had always been a sore spot, but now, she was torn, she could see how much he had changed. The new and more mature Jack was shining through, one that was totally committed to her in everyway, but that still didn’t change the fact that seeing him with another girl, unnerved her in every sense of the word.

Despite that however, she knew he would never leave her, and that thought alone eased the majority of her anxieties.

Now she just had to get Jack back on side. But unfortunately, that wouldn’t be as easy as it sounded.

………………………

She had purposely stayed away for almost two days, but she couldn’t take it any longer, she just had to see him!

Standing in front of the Holden’s front door, she smartened up her appearance, before clenching her fist against the wood and knocking hard.

Waiting anxiously on the spot, she fiddled with her fingers. It had felt like an eternity since she had last seen him, and despite knowing that he would probably yell at her and tell her to go home, she had decided that it was a risk she would be willing to take.

2 seconds later, and the door swung open…

“Hi Martha” Katie answered as she stood in the entrance.

“Hey, is Jack in?”

“Yeah, he’s right upstairs, go on up sweetie” she gave her a sympathetic smile.

“Thanks”. Walking passed her; she took in a deep breath and made her way up the stairs …

Standing at his doorway she watched him from a distance, it was obvious that he knew she was there. He stood rooted on the spot, just looking out of the window and across at the Mackenzie household.

Slowly he turned around to face her, his eyes a little puffy and his face white and bland as he looked at her through sad and sorrowful eyes.

Her heart broke at the clear misery she was putting him through. Why did everything good always have to crash and burn so quickly!

Without saying a word, she walked up towards him. Her footsteps were soft and almost silent as she kept her vision fixed on him. Bringing herself within inches of him she hesitantly leant inwards, placing her head on his chest and wrapping her arms around his warm and muscular form.

She cuddled him hard, closing her eyes and pressing her hands up against his back, holding him in. Right now she didn’t care that he hadn’t responded, she just liked having him so close to her.

As the seconds passed by, she still failed to feel his hands on her, but much to her relief, she finally felt him loosen up; his previously tensed and rigid body sank into her hold, and his arms automatically found there way around her waist, holding her closely.

They stood like this for almost 5 minutes, just enjoying the quiet and calming moment. Neither wanted to let go or open their eyes, as they knew that once they did, they would have to face the inevitable question.

What now for their future together?

……………………………………

(10 minutes later)

They sat on the edge of his bed, with Martha’s one hand held firmly but gently in the clutches of Jacks. His fingertips gently caressed her skin as his vision focused down on his lap.

“Talk to me” she gently urged him.

Following several long seconds of silence, he released a loud sigh. Turning to her he spoke up, “I’m sorry” he said, much to Martha’s surprise.

“For what?” she tilted her head slightly.

“For yelling at you yesterday. And for making you feel so insecure these past few days. I know it’s my fault really” he spoke in a dejected tone of voice, feeling as if he had let her down completely.

“What? No, Jack, its not. It’s me, I’ve just got this issue, but I’ll sort it, it’ll be fine”.

“No, I don’t think it will” he replied glumly as he shook his head.

“Of course it will, we can get through this” she released a nervous but hopeful smile.

“I’m not so sure. This isn’t just going to go away over night” he continued, “I cant make you trust me, and you cant force yourself to either, we’ll only end up worse off in the long run”.

She frowned, her hands starting to sweat through her fear. “So, what are you saying? That this is it? Its over?” her anxious eyes searched his face for answers.

He shrugged, unable to give her the answers she so desperately needed...

The silence was unbearable, and she hated not knowing what was to come with their relationship, that is, if they even had one left now. Squeezing his hand she spoke up, “Jack please, it can’t be over” she cried in a panic, “It can’t”.

“I’m not saying it is” he eventually added, much to Martha’s relief, “I just … need a break” he watched as Martha’s head slowly fell in sadness, “We’ve both got stuff to deal with right now. And I still don’t think I’m ready to forgive you for keeping this all from me. I thought you were always totally honest with me, but you kept this huge secret for days, and you would have still kept it if I hadn’t have walked in. I can’t just get over that … I’m sorry”.

She nodded, understanding why he was so upset over this. She had lied to him when she had promised to be honest with him, not to mention her jumping to conclusions and thinking he was cheating on her. She only wished she had listened to Tasha when she had told her to talk to him, but with her fears and insecurities building up, it had all just got too much for her, and she had chickened out. And now, because of it, she could have lost everything she had ever truly wished for with Jack, within the blink of an eye.

“No, you shouldn’t be sorry, it’s me … I’ve been an idiot”.

“Yeah well, I haven’t exactly been a saint” he rolled his eyes.

“Yeah but, you’ve changed now, I was just too stupid not to realize that”.

“Well, it’s done now”.

She nodded slowly, “yeah, I guess”.

Turning away from him she swallowed hard, her face scrunched up and her eyes closed shut as she tried her best to force away the tears, before she eventually turned back around to face him. “Well … I’ll get going then” she reluctantly continued. She didn’t want to leave, but she felt she should respect Jacks wishes. And hey, maybe some time apart would do them both some good…

“I’ll see you soon” she smiled sadly as she leant across and gently kissed him on the cheek. “I love you” she ended with a whisper, just loud enough for Jack to hear.

To his side he watched as Martha stood upwards, her fingers being torn away from his hands as she went. Looking up he saw nothing but empty space. Her footsteps could be heard in the distance as she walked away, until the final thud of the front door closing shut rang aloud. Now, he sat alone on his bed, completely miserable and feeling dejected.

True, it was his decision to take some time out for a while, but he couldn’t help but feel rotten about it. A life without Martha was like a life with half a heart. It felt as if a part of him had been harshly ripped away, leaving him with nothing but an empty, meaningless shell.

These next few days would definitely be a major test for him. How would he go on without having her in his life?

………………………………

(Later that evening)

Taking a seat on one of the rocks, she gazed out towards the horizon, her mind all the while stayed transfixed on her boyfriend.

Seeing him today, and the hurt that was so evident on his face, just proved to her, how much this had affected him. His true commitment and love for her was as clear as day, and if anything, the unfortunate circumstances of the past few days had shown her how much he had grown.

For the next few days, she would focus on the positive. The air had been cleared and the truth was finally out. And no matter what had happened between them, she was certain that they could only get stronger. Her determinism was striking through, and from now on, she would do all that she can to find happiness with Jack once again …

Preview: The birthday celebrations are right around the corner! But is there really much to celebrate?

Thanks people!

Ok, heres the next chapter. I will say one thing, it may appear like I'm rushing through this, but I found this chapter really hard to write :( I guess I just wanted to move on to the more interesting stuff! :)

Also, this chapters a bit of a beast. lol Sorry :P

Chapter 38:

It was 2 days on from their last ‘meeting’, and exactly 1 day until Jack and Kim’s joint birthday bash. There was something so bittersweet about the upcoming event, she was excited for Jack turning the big 21, but the uncertainty of not knowing whether she would be attending as his girlfriend or just a friend, was playing on her mind.

Handing the credit card over the cash register to the shop retailer, she paid for the gift she had bought for Jacks birthday. After a few hours of window shopping, she had finally found the perfect present for him. Sure, to the average person it wouldn’t appear very original, but there was something rather special about it, just for Jacks eyes only.

“Thanks” she smiled at the young lady, before grabbing the bag and strolling out of the shop.

Walking down the street she headed towards Tasha’s apartment …

………………………………

(An hour later)

“I so badly wanted to be able to wake up next to Jack on the morning of his birthday” she sighed as she looked down glumly at the fruit bowl that sat all alone on the kitchen table, “for the last ten years we’ve always been the first ones to see each other on our birthdays” she paused, releasing a loud breath, “I guess things change though, huh” she said with sadness.

“Yeah, well at least you’ll be able to spend the evening with him, if anything this party is a great excuse to get you two back together” Tasha encouraged her friend.

“Yeah, I guess”.

“And hey, once you guys do reunite, we’ll have even more to celebrate!” she beamed, “it’ll be the most perfect evening ever!”

She smiled as she turned to her friend. God, what would she do without Tasha!?

“So how’s it all coming along anyway?” Martha asked; changing the subject slightly.

“Well, as you can see” she stood up and went into the living room, “the majority of the decorations are all done; we’ll just add the rest tomorrow before everyone gets here. As for the food and drink, the snacks are all here, and we’ve asked everyone to bring a drink with them, so apart from that, it’s all sorted” she smiled.

“Cool”

“Oh, and before I forget” she sat back down to face Martha; “umm, well … Laurie’s been invited to the party as well, I hope that’s ok” she asked warily.

“Oh …” she scratched her head, “yeah, of course it is. I don’t have a problem with her, seriously, she’s actually really nice …” she shrugged.

“Are you sure?” she frowned in uncertainty. The last thing she would want, is for Martha to be stuck in a room feeling uncomfortable for an entire evening.

“Yeah, it’s totally fine”.

“Alright, cool” she smiled, “Hey, do you want a coffee?” Tasha pushed herself off the chair and grabbed the various coffee ingredients as she went by.

“Yeah, thanks.” As Tasha moved out of sight, Martha’s face dropped in sadness. How would she get through the upcoming evening knowing that Jack and Laurie, not to mention probably a lot of other blonde and brainless women, would be all under one roof?

But, with that said, maybe it was for the best, because the situation alone would prove to be a perfect setting for showing just how much she truly trusts him.

…………………………

(5pm – the following day)

It was the day of the boys joint birthday bash. Martha had already sent both Jack and Kim happy birthday texts, but it wasn’t really the same as saying it face to face.

For the entire day, Martha had hung anxiously around the house. She couldn’t wait to see Jack tonight; she hated being apart from him on such a special day. She felt as if she was going to explode she was that excited, but yet so nervous.

Smartening her dress and hair, she grabbed the present from off the surface of the dresser, before making her way down the stairs. Running through into the kitchen she took the cans of beer from out of the fridge, before finally placing her feet into her sandals, and then leaving the house completely.

……………………………

Walking up towards the apartment, her eyes opened wide. Usually she would be the first one there, but the place was already packed. Tentatively stepping into the living room, she couldn’t help but feel vulnerable.

Thankfully her fear was short lived, as a familiar voice caught her attention, rescuing her from a potentially nightmarish situation. “Mac” Tasha yelled over the music, “over here!”

“Hey” she smiled as she saw Tasha standing with the two birthday boys, who both wore paper hats attached to their heads. Jack in particular looked absolutely adorable.

“Happy birthday guys” she grinned as she darted her vision too and fro from Jack to Kim.

Although shy, she leant over towards Jack and kissed him softly on the cheek. She shivered as she felt his skin gently rub against her own. God she had missed him so much!

Pulling away she kept her head down, all while trying to avoid his eye contact, she knew she would only melt if she looked into his eyes for too long, before shifting around and moving onto Kim.

“Wow, this place is buzzing” she cast her eyes around the crowded room. “You’ve done an awesome job Tash, as always” she gave her friend a hug.

“Yeah, thanks. I hate to brag but …” she shrugged, “I'm a totally awesome party planner!” she laughed.

……………………………

“Ok, present time!”

30 minutes had come and gone and the majority of the larger presents had been revealed.

The crowd around them had thankfully died down; the boredom of watching Jack and Kim opening their presents had gotten rather tedious, resulting in half of their friends drifting away and finding themselves back on the ‘dance floor’. Not that Jack minded of course. There was nothing worse than having an audience while you were opening your birthday presents!

Finally, he was brought to the next gift in line. It sat neatly on the corner of the table, just begging to be opened.

Holding it in his hand, he smiled; he knew exactly who this was from. After all, Martha was the only person in the world to have ever gone to so much effort with the wrapping paper.

In fact, in the past she had been known to accidentally over-sellotape his presents, meaning he would often struggle to just get them open.

Tearing away the paper he was left with a medium sized velvety box.

Grasping each side, he pulled it apart, revealing something that he had never expected to see…

It was about 5 months ago, and they had gone shopping in the city. They hadn’t gone for anything in particular, they just fancied getting away for the day.

Once they had parked up, they walked together hand in hand, taking in the (not so) fresh air of city life, and finding their way down towards the main high-street stores.

Taking a break, they leant against a random shop window. And as if god was calling out to him, he found himself turning around.

There, sat in the window, was a hand-made work of art. It sat in a blue velvet box, with a price tag of … *gulp*

It appeared to be the work of a genius, and clearly only something an extremely rich person could afford. Much to Jacks dismay…

He fell in love with that watch from the second he laid eyes on it. So much so, that they had found themselves going backwards and forwards for the majority of the day. All the while, standing in the window, eyeing-up the masterpiece, that was that watch.

It wasn’t often that Jack would be so drawn to a piece of jewelry, but there was a quality and a uniqueness about this leather watch that kept him glued to the shop window for hours.

He remembered when they had finally returned home, later that day. Lying in Martha’s bed, and moaning to her about never having bought that watch.

And now here he was, holding it in the palm of his hand, and admiring its natural beauty.

Finally! It was his…

Looking at the watch closer, he read the inscription that was secretly hidden away on the under-side, placed there for Jacks eyes only…

To my best friend and one true love.

Forever yours,

Martha

xxx

His heart strings were tugged as he read the beautiful words over and over again. He couldn’t help the tears that built up in his eyes as he thought over how far they had come since that day, sure things were a little grey and uncertain at this moment in time; but there was one certainty in all of this which meant they could get through anything. And that was, there love for each other.

Looking up at her, he smiled; his eyes glistened at her in the light; making her feel as if she was the only person in the room.

She smiled back shyly, her head bowed downwards slightly as she looked at him. She was pleased that he liked it.

For a brief second he glanced back down at the watch, his eyes opening wide through astonishment as he mulled over the fact that she would buy him such a special and expensive gift, before turning back to her, to find she was gone…

……………………………………

(10 minutes later)

Martha stood alone in the kitchen. Her back facing outwards as she leant over the sink.

“Thank you for the watch” spoke a person from behind her. The only person who could ever put a smile on her face.

Turning around to face him, she smiled, “you’re welcome. I hope its ok”

“It’s perfect” he nodded. “I can’t actually believe you remembered” he laughed a little.

“Are you kidding, how could I forget that day” she raised her eyebrows at him.

“Right, yeah. I was kind of a nightmare” he chuckled as he thought back, “I guess I can be pretty stubborn when I want something that badly” he rolled his eyes.

“That makes two of us” she smiled.

He smiled back as he nodded in agreement, before lowering his head and gradually walking over towards her.

So, I can’t believe you’re 21” she grinned as he stood in front of her, “how does it feel?”

“Well” he frowned as he thought for a moment, “if you’d have asked me a week ago, I probably would have said great. But …” he told her with honestly, before he shrugged his shoulders.

His head fell to the ground as he sighed. Why were things always so damn hard!?

For what seemed like a lifetime of seconds, the two just stood in front of each other, not really knowing what to say, but enjoying the fact that at last, they shared each others company.

Finally gathering the courage to face it, he spoke up, “You know” he hesitantly began, “I actually wanted to …”

“Come on you guys! It’s cake time!” Tasha popped her head around the corner at just the wrong time.

Jack rolled his eyes out of sight … And the worst timing in the world award goes too …

Turning back to Martha he awkwardly smiled, “I guess we better head back in there.”

Pushing aside her sadness and annoyance, she smiled back, “Yeah, its no good if the birthday boy isn’t there to blow out his candles”

“Right, yeah” he forced a small smile, before reluctantly turning away and walking back through to join everyone…

As their friends gathered around the living room and sang the happy birthday tune, Jack and Kim stood eagerly awaiting to blow out their candles. Once they had been given the go-ahead from the party hostess, they were free to blow out their candles.

“Don’t forget to make a wish” Tasha called out just before Jack leant downwards.

As he hesitantly hovered above the candles, he glanced up at Martha. He looked at her knowingly, his eyes staying fixed on hers for several long seconds. Before he turned away from her and closed his eyes.

There was only one thing he would wish for right now!

With one long and breath-filled blow, he blew away the vibrant coloured flames.

To be continued …

Sorry :P

For Becky <_<:P

Warning: Content unsuitable for younger readers!

Chapter 39:

The cake had gone down like a treat; in fact it was just unfortunate that there wasn’t enough left for seconds.

It was now 9pm, and the apartment was buzzing, the music was thumping through the stereo speakers and the many couples and friends danced together to the sound of the beat. Jack, Martha, Kim and Tasha however, all sat around the couch, talking about the evening so far…

“Great turn out huh!” an ecstatic Tasha called out.

“Yeah, I’m surprised so many people could make it” replied Kim, “some people must really like us” he playfully nudged Jacks side.

“Yeah, it could be that, or maybe it’s just any excuse for a free party” he smirked back.

“Hmm, I prefer to go with the first option” he laughed.

Jack laughed along with his friend whilst he playfully shook his head. Before the unexpected sight of two female legs came into his view.

“So, does the birthday boy fancy a dance?” Laurie held her hand out to Jack; grinning down at him with eager eyes.

He smiled up at her nervously, before glancing to his side at Martha who just kept her head down, turning back to Laurie’s smiling face, he awkwardly accepted her hand, and allowed for her to take him onto the ‘dance floor’...

She swallowed hard, looking across at Jack and Laurie as they danced together, with Jack spinning Laurie around while they happily laughed together above the sound of the music.

It was like a dagger in the heart to see her boyfriend (?) and his ex girlfriend having the time of their lives. Truth be told however, if she knew where she stood with him, she probably wouldn’t feel so jealous. But the not knowing was starting to get the better of her. How could she know if Jack was planning on ditching her completely and getting with someone else? Or if he did in fact plan on getting back with her, but just hadn’t gathered enough courage to face it?

If only he’d just be straight with her.

Feeling someone sit beside her, she tore her vision away from the dance floor to see Tasha, whose face displayed a sympathetic and understanding smile.

“Are you ok?” she rubbed her friends back comfortingly.

“Yeah, I’m fine, I’m just going to get some air” she smiled, before standing upwards and making her way outside.

………………………

Standing on the balcony she enjoyed the feeling of the cool air glide across her skin. For a couple of seconds, she felt contentment in having some time alone. The crowd and the loud music were a little overpowering for Martha, so the chance to escape for even just a moment or two, was welcomely received.

Feeling the warmth of another person come up behind her, she was upset to find it wasn’t the person she had hoped for.

“So what’s a pretty girl like you doing out here by herself” an unfamiliar male voice spoke from beside her.

Turning around she took in his appearance. Rolling her eyes she recognized him as the annoying jock from their high school days, “what do you want Leon?” she turned back around and looked out into the open air.

“Well, I saw you alone and, you’re obviously upset, so I thought I’d come out here and be a gentleman and give you a shoulder to cry on” he smirked.

“Oh, lucky me” she groaned under breath.

“Come on, don’t be like that” he stood beside her and gave her a nudge.

“Like what?”

“Like you’re trying to pretend that you aren’t glad I came out here to rescue you”.

She laughed through bewilderment, “are you kidding me!?” she scoffed, “as if I’d ever even want to be in the same room as you!”

He laughed under his breath, “I missed that you know”

She inwardly growled. How was it possible for someone to be so damn infuriating!? “Missed what?” she asked through gritted teeth; clearly un-amused.

“That fiery and stubborn character of yours, you play it off so well” he grinned.

She shook her head in disbelief, “Look, are you done yet?” she turned around to face him.

“Sorry?” he smiled, raising his eyebrows at how annoyed she was.

“Are done being an infuriating little pest!? Because I’m really not in the mood for games right now”.

“Aw, no games?” he pouted. “But what’s a birthday party without any games” he smirked.

She huffed, turning back around. Can’t this guy just let up for once!

Noticing her evident frustration, he smiled, he knew exactly what had got her so pissed off, and he couldn’t help but use it to his advantage, after all, he loved to tease her.

“I bet you’d sure love to play a few games with Jack tonight, wouldn’t you” he smirked suggestively.

She stopped rigid and still at the sudden mention of Jacks name. She could feel her blood boiling inside, if only he was a little smaller in size, she would whack the hell out of him right about now.

“You’ve got it real bad for him huh?” he continued to tease her. “Shame really, I recon we could have been really good together”.

Turning around in fury she exploded; “In your dreams asshole” she yelled back at him, “I’d rather claw my own eyes out than go on a date with you”. She stormed her way passed him. She'd had enough of his games to last her a lifetime!

Marching her way passed him she went for the door, however she failed to get very far as his hand on her arm pulled her backwards, her feet tripping beneath her as she tried to regain her footing.

“Now come on, don’t be like that” he mocked her in a parent-to-child-like-manor as he pointed his finger in her face.

She scowled as she tried to pull away from him, but it was no use, he was far too strong to fight off. “Do you mind letting go of my arm” she ordered him with a raised voice as she struggled to break free from his grip.

Choosing to ignore her, he kept on, “Pity the guy you’re crazy about is too busy having it off with his ex” he told her as her head shot up at his comment, “And I’d hate to say it but, I can almost guarantee that they’ll be doing a little more than just dancing by the end of the night, if you know what I mean” he smirked.

He watched as her face dropped in sadness, clearly it was the one thing she didn’t want to hear right now.

“Aw, I’m sorry, did I upset you” he looked down into her teary eyes, “But it’s just the way it goes unfortunately, there’s no point living in denial Martha, because the truth is, you’ll always come second best to Jacks hormones, it’s just the way it is with him. Once a playboy, always a playboy.”

She stayed silent, her struggling arm gradually coming to a stop as she looked down at the ground in sadness.

It wouldn’t be like that with me though” he came up closer to her ear, “I’ll look after you … I promise” His sweaty warmth glided onto her neck, she felt like throwing up, she could smell the alcohol on his breath, not to mention his sickly smelling aftershave, of which he must have rolled around in before he’d come to the party.

Sliding his hand down her one leg, he pulled upwards, feeling her enticingly warm and soft skin.

Rising her head suddenly, she looked into his lust-filled eyes, “Look, Leon, you don’t want to do this, you’re drunk, just leave it yeah” she tried to be calm with him as she pushed his hand away from her.

“I’m not drunk Martha, I know exactly what I want right now” he leered as he dragged his eyes over her form, before leaning further inwards and closing any previous gap there once was between them.

His strength continued to overpower her, as she found herself being tightly wedged into a corner. His hand on her face forced her to kiss him, his tongue wrestling with her lips to allow him inside, but much to his annoyance, she failed to give him the satisfaction.

Pulling away slightly, he looked down at her with hungry eyes. If she didn’t do something now, she would forever regret it.

As she opened her mouth to yell, he quickly reacted, slapping his hand against her lips and muffling her screams.

Her eyes opened wide in horror as she struggled beneath him, before darkness consumed her and his body once more became pressed up against her own, intoxicating her every essence completely …

Preview: With the party in full swing, and everyone oblivious to the situation Martha is in, will anyone come to her rescue in time?

The chapters appear to be turning into something quite beastly :lol:

Oh well! I do tend to get carried away sometimes :rolleyes: lol

Warning: Content unsuitable for younger readers!

Chapter 40:

As the loud and upbeat music became replaced by a sweet and tender song, Jack nervously pulled away. “And I think that’s our cue to stop now” he smirked at Laurie as he still held onto her hands.

“Aw, you’re not going all weird on me are ya” she playfully tugged at his hands.

“No, of course not, but, I think there’s someone else here tonight that I’d rather share this dance with, sorry” he laughed slightly.

“You know, ordinarily I would probably find that offensive” she poked his stomach, “but, that’s actually really sweet Jack” she smiled, “Go find her. You have a good time” she leant across and kissed him on the cheek, before turning and walking away.

Scanning his eyes around the room, he failed to spot her. He searched every nook and cranny he presumed she would be in, but still got nothing …

Where was she?

…………………………

She struggled beneath him as his mouth moved down beside her neck, and sucked hard on her skin.

Her eyes rolled back into her head as her blood ran towards her pulse point, his lips and teeth applying so much pressure onto her skin; causing her to feel queasy.

That would definitely leave a mark.

Removing his lips he pulled back slightly, she fell almost limp and lifelessly into his arms. She was completely at his mercy.

Standing on her feet she placed her hand to her neck, feeling the mark that was left there, deep and almost scarring, like a vampire’s bite. It felt so sore just to touch.

“How about we go somewhere more … private” he moved inwards and whispered into her ear.

She felt her emotions take hold, her fears and anxieties consuming her body. She shivered as she stood pressed up against the balcony’s banister.

Gathering her strength and biting her lip, she resolved to take control, “how about no, you sleazy son of a bitch” she growled as she used all of the power she had, to knee him in the balls.

He crumpled within an instant, falling onto the banister and clinging to the wood to hold him up.

Brushing passed him she went for the door, but his hand on her arm harshly yanked her backwards.

“You think I’ll just let you get away with that!” he roared as his eyes turned a dark and sinister shade of brown.

Her world quickly fell around her, as she was abruptly shoved against the surface of the banister, the wood splinters scraping her arm, and the edges digging into her back as his pressure was forced on top of her.

Her legs bent as she tried to push him off, but it was no use, his hands and arms seemed to have other ideas …

She wasn’t going anywhere as far as he was concerned!

As his hands crept around her lower back, tugging at her pants, she whimpered through pain and desperation …

However the unexpected sound of footsteps to their side, suddenly caught Leon’s attention.

“Martha!” cried a horrified voice from behind her.

As Leon quickly became distracted, she pulled herself away from him, huddling safely beside the back wall and closing her eyes. All that could now be heard was the pleading and desperation that gushed from out of Leon’s mouth, before that was quickly replaced by the unmistakable sound of Jacks fist meeting Leon’s jaw, with one loud and cringe worthy crack.

Opening her eyes she found Leon lying on the floor, his hand clutching his bleeding jaw, while Jack stood above him. His face red and fiery, he was well and truly hacked off.

His breath was hoarse and his hands remained clenched as he stood rigid above the weaker male. “You ever touch what’s mine again, and I’ll kill you” he warned him with a deep and serious tone.

Pushing himself upwards and away from Jacks threats, he scurried away, stumbling over the plant pots as he went, before rushing down the road out of sight.

Turning around, Jacks heart broke in two; there she was, huddled in the one corner, her hand placed to her mouth as she tried to conceal her unavoidable sobs.

Yet again he had let her down, his most important job of all was to look after her and protect her, and as per usual, he had failed. Too busy dancing with his ex girlfriend to pay any attention to the only woman in his life that truly mattered.

The sound of a crowd of people joining him could be heard from behind; all with their eager eyes open wide as they tried their best to see any action.

“Oh my god! Martha!” Tasha wailed hysterically as she quickly ran to her side and held her in her arms.

As she cried into her friends shoulder, she felt the pain of her bruised neck, back and arm, strike through into her veins. Her head pounded due to the intensity of the situation, and her heart beat sprung out of her chest. The only thing she wanted right now was to be held in those warm and safe arms, owned by none other than Jack Holden.

“Come on Tash, lets get her inside” Kim spoke gently over Tasha’s shoulder, as he helped the two girls to their feet. Meanwhile Jack just stood there in the background, his heart trampled on the floor and his face as white as a ghost.

How could such a horrible thing happen to his girl!?

………………………

Standing in the kitchen with an ice pack on her neck, she put her hand to her head. God she felt awful. She felt like she’d gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson. She felt so drained and exhausted from fighting.

As Tasha fussed around her friend, the two men stood silent in the background. Both feeling useless and not really knowing what to do.

“Jack, go look after her” Kim whispered across to the sad and helpless male that stood beside him.

With a nod of the head he stepped forward, Kim was right, he should be the one to take care of her.

“Come on Tash, let’s leave them now yeah, Jack can look after her” Kim urged his girlfriend as he gently encouraged her out of the kitchen. Although reluctant, she agreed to leave them to it and closed the door behind them.

Now only the two of them left, they stood facing each other, both with miserable and ghostly white faces.

Gathering his courage, he took slow and tentative steps towards her, not saying a word, before he came within touching distance of her.

He watched as her vision flicked down from his face to his hand, before she frowned to speak soft but bland words, “your hand is hurt” she looked back into his eyes.

“Its fine” he replied in a similar tone of voice. The adrenaline still fighting off the pain of his bleeding knuckles.

Although hesitant he raised his other hand, stroking her tear stained cheek. Her eyes fell shut and her breath remained calm as he caressed her soft and delicate skin.

Meeting his eyes with hers once again, she frowned, noticing the evident distress on Jacks face. His worry and pain for her had never been so obvious.

As her lips pursed and formed into an unintentional pout, he smiled down at her sadly. She looked so painfully adorable.

Cupping her face with the palms of his hands he sighed, “I’m so sorry” he eventually spoke up, as he looked into her teary and warn-out eyes.

She failed to respond, the only response he got was her leaning into him, closing her eyes and resting her head against his chest. He smiled sadly as he placed his hand to her head, comfortingly stroking her hair; before feeling the urge and the need to protect her completely. Gently scooping her up, he carried her in his arms.

Walking over towards the table and chairs, he took a seat, all the while cradling her in his arms. “I promise you’re safe now … I’ll never let anyone hurt you again” he hushed sweet and reassuring words into her ear as he sat with her. Soothing her and setting her at peace.

They sat like this for almost 20 minutes, just holding each other and never wanting to let go…

……………………………

Holding her hand he carefully led her out into the living room. As their eyes scanned the room they took in the few lifeless bodies that sprawled across the carpet. Many of their friends just finding any old spare spot to slob down and enjoy their well deserved slumber. The majority of the party-goers had left now, so thankfully for Martha, she wasn’t forced to confront many faces.

Leading her over to the couch, he helped her lie down, placing the cushions beneath her head and propping her up, doing all he could to make her more comfy.

Opening the rug out wide, he laid it over her resting form, tucking her in and keeping her warm.

Taking a step backwards to look at her, he smiled. Seeing her sleepy eyes as they forced themselves to stay open.

He made no mistake to observe her little face, as she silently pleaded with him to lie with her.

No words needed to be said; he just smiled back at her sweetly, before walking over towards the couch, kicking off his shoes and snuggling in beside her. Sure, there wasn’t a lot of room, but tonight, they didn’t need a lot of room. As long as they were together, nothing else mattered.

Wrapping the rug around them both, he lay by her side; shuffling around to face her. “You ok?” he tenderly whispered across to her.

She nodded “I am now that you’re with me” she spoke softly.

He smiled sadly, suddenly feeling a surge of guilt and regret wash over him, before he tried his best to brush it aside and focus on the now.

“You look beautiful tonight” he smiled.

“No I don’t” she nudged him as her cheeks began to blush.

“Yes you do … like an angel” he gazed at her through loving eyes, his vision permanently fixed on hers as he spoke. As the moment between them dropped silent, he found himself slowly leaning inwards, meeting her lips in a sweet and tender kiss; a kiss that didn’t last very long, but felt absolutely divine.

They both sighed through contentment as they pulled away. “It’s felt like a lifetime since we last did that” he smiled as his eyes couldn’t help but well up.

“I know” she replied, as she too came over all teary, “too long”.

He slowly nodded back. Not feeling up to much talking. In fact he didn’t have the energy to do anything. But one more kiss wouldn’t hurt.

As they leant inwards to share another kiss, they were caught off guard by the sudden appearance of Tasha.

“Erm guys!” she poked her head over the two cuddling individuals, “can we try and not have sex on my couch tonight” she smiled sweetly.

“Oh as if we would!” Jack laughed as he shuffled onto his back to look at her. “We prefer to have fun without an audience” he grinned.

“Hmm, whatever” she raised a cheeky eyebrow. “Anyway, good night you guys, sleep well … if you actually can get any sleep on that couch” she sniggered, before walking away and going towards the bedroom.

Swiveling back around to face Martha, he gently pulled her in close, placing his hand around her back and stroking her soothingly.

“You sleep now angel, I’ll see you tomorrow”.

She nodded back, her eyes getting droopier with every second “I love you Jack” she managed to get out before her eyelids slowly fell shut.

“I love you more” he smiled as he placed a kiss on her forehead, before he too closed his eyes and in harmony, they both drifted off into a peaceful sleep…

Preview: Martha suffers the aftereffects of the night before

Archived