Guest PINK

Story Title: This Love is Like No Other

Type of story: undecided

Main Characters: Martha & Jack

BTTB rating: T/A

Genre: Drama/Romance

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: V/D SC L

Summary: What if &J had not of given up so easily? Could of there love overcome all?

And what will a serious accident make Martha realise?

This Love is Like No Other

Jack walked up to the caravan park house but stopped at the door and listened quietly to the conversation going on inside.

“Well what about marriage counselling?” Tasha suggested “It really helped you and Robbie after the crash”

“No” Martha shook her head standing up from the table “I just know he wouldn’t take it seriously” she said

Jack took this as his que to step in.

“Who says I wouldn’t take it seriously” Jack spoke up making his appearance.

“Oh Jack I didn’t see you there” Martha said shocked by his sudden appearance.

Jack ignored her attempt to change the topic and started speaking again.

“You seriously think it would help?” he asked

“It could” Martha said shyly “But Jack you have to make a commitment if you want to do this” Martha said seriously as she saw out the corner of her eye Tasha and Alf make there exit.

“Martha you know I will do whatever it takes to fix this, I will be at every appointment no questions asked”

Martha looked at him; she could tell he was serious about making this work.

“Ok” Martha said “I’ll make the arrangements”

“No need” Jack said with a smile, he actually now felt like maybe there was a hope for them, maybe just maybe they would get through this.

Jack sat at his desk at work, he had to leave in five minutes, they were having there first counselling session today and there was no way he was going to be late. He knew this was his last chance and he was going to put all he had into making this work.

Jack stood up and grabbed his jack and made his way to the door.

“Oh Jack good I caught you” McGrath said as he exited his office.

Jack stopped in his tracks and closed his eyes this was not good, he put on a sarcastic smile and turned around.

“Yep” Jack said a little bit too unenthusiastically

“Well don’t get too excited now” McGrath said

“Sorry, what’s wrong” he asked

“Lara just called in sick and we need someone to cover” she said looking Jack straight in the eye.

And in a split second Jack made a decision, he knew what he had to do.

Jack took a deep breath and prepared himself

“Sorry he said”

McGrath looked at him “What do you mean?” he asked

“I’m sorry, I have to go to this thing today or I can pretty much kiss my Marriage goodbye” Jack said as he turned around and left the station leaving McGrath there stunned.

Martha waited in the waiting room, Jack had five minutes to get there, why did she think that he would take this seriously, and he obviously had something to do at work, which usually was what he cared most about these days. Just then she saw the elevator open and Jack stepped out. A smile spread across her face maybe she had jumped to conclusions to fast, maybe he was actually serious about there marriage and making it work.

“Hey” Jack said as he reached her.

“Hey” Martha said looking up at him, god how she wished things weren’t like this she longed for things to go back to the way they were and she was determined that they would get there just as long as they loved each other Martha was sure they could get past this…..

“So yeah that is pretty much what has been going on since we got married, things just haven’t gone our way” Martha said looking down at her hands as she didn’t want anyone to see her tears that were threatening to spill out of her eyes.

“Well you guys seem serious about making this work, that’s a good start” the counsellor said with a smile.

“Yeah we are” Jack said looking at her, of course he was he didn’t know how he had let it get to this point in the first place.

Ok I know that bit is short but I have alot of ideas for this fic.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I know that bit is short but I have alot of ideas for this fic.

Yay! :D

Another JnM fic! Brilliento! :)

Loving this already, im glad their BOTH actually going to try and make it work this time! Unlike in hna <_< (im still bitter :angry: lol)

Great chapter, update soon :)

Archived