The Diary of a Stalker! (by Sarah_Lewis) - comments

Sarah_Lewis

Alright, good. Thanks!

I just think it makes the story that little bit better if it's proof read. Eli, the girl who proof reads for me has really helped me with my fic, soooo....yeah. LOL

And for the SPAG (Spelling, punctuation and grammar) Just try and watch it. That's probably why the mod warned you. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennifer the mod didn't warn you because of your story. Having a proof reader for a story is optional although as Sarah said it can be really helpful to the author both in terms of picking up on errors and in improving the writing.

You were warned because the forum rules specifically state the use of good spelling, punctuation and grammar on the forum at all times and specifically say no text speak.

The issue is over your posts, such as the one in this thread where you are continually using text speak. Dunno, yu, lovin da story, btw, coz are just examples of when you've used text speak in the last three posts you've made in here.

I also know that practically every post you've made in the fanfiction forum has been edited for SPAG reasons. We're not asking for perfection but you do need to write in full sentences, use capitals where necessary and use full words rather than text speak.

You do it in your stories with no problems, its just a case of doing the same for every post you make on the boards. If you do that there will be no further PMs from the moderators.

I've not edited the final few posts in this thread so you can re-read them and see what I mean but if you would like to edit them yourself you can do so using the edit post button in the bottom right hand corner of your posts.

Also the edit post button can be used to add things to a post you've already made rather than posting a new reply which can be viewed as spamming the board in an attempt to boost your post count and the mods don't like that either. Just be careful that you're not making multiple replies when it could be just as easy to edit your original post.

Edited by Skykat

We didn't see the need to PM Sarah_lewis and tell her who her proof reader was seeing as she specifically requested Sarah (SfanS) to proof read for her and was only really checking that Nicole and I were okay with it, which we said in the thread that we were.

You requested a proof reader Jennifer and because we assigned you one its standard practice for us to PM people and let them know who their proof reader is and how they can contact them.

Of course if she really wants a PM I'm happy to oblige but I tend to write overlong PMs.... :P