'Rebelious' Stage & Secrets

Guest ~Natasha~

Is it just me or do many characters seem to have an 'rebelious' stage?

Ric (When he first arrived on the show), Matilda (Before she got kidnapped), Lucas (When him and Tony moved in with Beth and Matilda), Belle (Again when she first arrived), Dan (Kind of, after his car accident), Robbie (When he stood on that needle, Kim (When he found out about baby Noah), Rachel (When Kim was missing) and Drew (Punching Dan and running away with cars and all that)

And now Martha apperently nest year

And when a new character joins H&A, they ALMOST ALWAYS have a secret!

A few examples of this are-

Brad (Well it was about Emily but his secret phone calls made it sound worse)

Belle (About her mother)

Barry (Even though it did not come out until slightly before her left, about him killing his wife)

Tony, Jack and Lucas (About Jack accidently shooting that girl)

Cassie (About her Uncle abusing her)

And of course more that I can't actually remember at this moment in time. :(

I don't know if I'd class Ric as "rebellious." That sort of denotes someone acting out to get attention or to prove a point. Ric was just... messed up. I don't necessarily think that he had much choice in the matter. It was either act tough or get beaten to death.

I don't mind the secrets if it actually has some kind of long term impact on the characters living in the bay. I think Jack's was the worst. As if it wasn't bad enough that "I accidently killed someone" has been used a thousand times before, it was all over in about a week never to be mentioned again. Even though they had been running from these people for how long? How convenient that it was all over within a week of them coming onto the show! :rolleyes:

I'm not too keen on rebelious stages either. I don't mind rebelious characters (eg Belle), who are just always like that. But when goody goody characters go through these things it's boring and obvious they just can't think of anything better to give the character. Again, they return to normal after a couple of weeks and the whole thing has had no long term impact at all.

Heh heh. I didn't see that but I did see the surfer boy on the "Romances" DVD. She coulda done worse :P

Now you've got me thinking about Mattie's phase where she was smoking marajuana with Callan. And then Robbie ran her down with his car :). Fun times. And a good way to get out of paying a real band to actually perform in a concert setting: don't actually get inside the concert, just que up until your sister goes missing and then go look for her. I never liked Magic Dirt anyway.

Archived