Home And Away's New Producer

Guest Frankie

Seven Announces New Home And Away Producer

Author: Seven Network | Nov 22, 2006, 10:30

Channel Seven today announced Cameron Welsh as the new series producer for Home and Away.

In a unique situation, perhaps a first for Australian television, Welsh will take on the third of his different roles with Home and Away; actor, director and now producer.

Welsh has a rich history with the top-rating program, having played regular cast member, Mitch McColl, for nearly 18 months before stepping into a director’s role with the program in 2000. Welsh’s other directing credits include Channel 7’s successful medial drama, All Saints. He replaces Julie McGauran, who successfully produced the series for the past five years.

“I’m delighted to have Cameron on board as Home and Away’s series producer,” said Channel 7 head of drama and Home and Away’s executive producer John Holmes.

“Cameron is a talented director, this coupled with his strong sense of story and creative ability makes him an ideal producer. He understands all sides of Home and Away production having experienced a lot of it first hand both as an actor and director.”

Speaking about his new role, Welsh said: “I’m excited to be stepping into the role of producer after being a part of the program for many years. It’s a fantastic opportunity and I look forward to being a part of continuing success of Home and Away into 2007 and beyond. I’m fortunate to be working with such a talented cast and crew and I’m sure we’ll bring the viewers more of the program they’ve loved for nearly 19 years.”

I've noticed a LOT of H&A actors do the facial hair thing once they leave. It's probably a combination of not wanting to be recognised, but also finally having the freedom to have facial hair, as I imagine H&A always insisted on them being squeakly clean shaven.

I think Cam still looked cute even with the facial hair (or at least you could tell he was cute under it). Prefer him without though.

Archived