Belinda Emmett dead at 32

Guest Becstar

Belinda Emmett dead at 32

November 11, 2006 10:31am

ACTOR Belinda Emmett, wife of television personality Rove McManus, has died after a long battle with cancer.

She died at St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney, early this morning, with her husband by her side.

"It is with great sadness we advise that Belinda Emmett's battle with cancer has ended," Emmett's publicist and friend Maria Farmer said in a statement.

"Belinda passed away just after dawn this morning at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney with her family and husband by her side.

"Those close to her have requested respect for their privacy at this time."

Emmett grew up on NSW's Central Coast and got her acting break when she appeared on popular long-running soap Home and Away, playing Rebecca Fisher, between 1996 and 1999.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998 at the age of 24.

The actor successfully underwent surgery to remove a malignant tumour, followed by six weeks of radiotherapy.

In 2001, Emmett was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o I was shocked when I saw this on ninemsn.

Only 32! It is so unfair :angry:

I thought she had beaten it.

Deapest thoughts and prayers are with Rove and her family.

RIP Belinda

On myspace there was a like to this Click Here It's a condolence book to be printed out and later given to Rove and her family.

Edited by Sam =)

I'm so shocked, i can't believe it, i saw her at the Logies when i downloaded it, she looked so well and she had so much going on, it's so unfair that she was so cruelly taken away, my auntie died two weeks ago of cancer too, so i can sort of understand. I will always remember her from Home and Away, she was a good actress and i will miss her. She is at peace now, my thoughts are with Rove and her family. :(

I was so shocked when I saw this, as she was only 32. RIP Belinda. I feel so sorry for Rove. It seems like only yesterday that she was on H&A.

I know what ya mean I had thought she had gotten passed the cancer. I only knew she had the breast cancer. My condolences go out to Rove and Belinda's families.

I was aways hoping that Rebecca and Travis would return to the bay with their children.

Seven Release Statement on Emmett's Death

AAP

11 Nov 2006

Sydney

The Seven Network has paid tribute to actor Belinda Emmett, who died in a Sydney hospital early today.

Emmett worked for Seven on two of the network's most popular shows, Home and Away and All Saints.

"Our deepest sympathy is extended to Belinda's family who have supported her through this illness," Seven said in a statement.

"During Belinda's time on Home and Away and All Saints, she made many long-lasting friendships.

"Her acting ability and her warmth made her a joy to work with and her spirit will be remembered."

On Home and Away, Emmett played Rebecca Fisher/Nash from 1996 to 1999.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer while working on the show in 1998, at the age of 24.

Emmett played Jodi Horner on medical drama All Saints from 2000 to 2001.

Emmett's Home and Away co-star Nic Testoni, who played her husband Travis Nash, said he was saddened by the news. "I am very sorry to hear that," he said.