Love at First Sight

Guest baby gurl

Hey guys I thought as I finally didn’t get any home work I’ll update. I don’t know how much I’m going to write I’m just going to take it how it goes! In this chapter Jack and Martha talk and they talk about staying together and with a few wacky questions they make a decision but is it the right one? I don’t know if the answer’s going to be today or next time but there you go. ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Martha’s point of view.

This is it. I’m going to have to tell him. I can’t believe its going to end like this. It shouldn’t have to be like this. Don’t I deserve even a little bit of happiness? I’ve rehearsed this ever since Beth and I have been talking and now when it’s the time to tell him I can’t. Wait. What’s wrong with me? I’m Martha McKenzie. I don’t need a man to make me happy. I haven’t even known him that long and I’m saying that I’m in love with him. Maybe it isn’t love but maybe just a simple crush. Wait a minute what the hell am I saying?! What am I doing? How the hell am I suppose to tell him its over and convince him that I’m not in love with him when I can’t even convince myself?

“Are you ready?” Tony asked me as I snapped out of my thoughts.

I nodded taking a gulp. I walked in after Tony looking to the ground.

I could see Jack looking at me smiling. Beth took a quick notice and said, “Why don’t we get a coffee?” She suggested looking at Tony.

Tony nodded as they both left. This is it. If I don’t tell him now then its not fair on any one, especially Jack.

“I’m glad you came.” Jack told me breaking the silence.

“Jack, I…” I stuttered.

“What is it?” He asked.

This is it. “I love you, but I…”

“I love you too.” He told me. My heart just wanted to melt. “Why don’t you come closer rather than standing near the door?” he suggested.

I smiled until I was next to his bed.

“So what is it that you want to tell me? I mean it must be important because your stuttering!”

“I think we should break up.” I told him. I could see the hurt in his eyes. “Say something. Please.”

“What would you like me to say?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” I said quietly.

“You know what Martha, neither do I.”

“It didn’t mean to come out like that.” I told him.

“”Well then why don’t you explain to me how it did mean to come out then, but to tell you the truth that’s not why I’m upset.”

“Why are you upset?” I asked him shocked.

“Because I thought we had a little bit of s future together.”

“You did?” I asked shocked.

15 MINUTES LATER.

“What will it take you to change your mind?” Jack asked.

“Jack its not what will change my mind…” I began.

“Well then what?” He asked.

“Our future? How are we supposed to have a future together? You’re dying in a couple of months, I’m pregnant with a rapist baby and on top of that we don’t know what Brien’s going to do next.”

“Well then…Marry me!” He exclaimed.

“What?” I asked in complete shock.

“Martha I love you and for whatever time I have left I want to spend it with you.”

I looked at him, his eyes filled with love.

“What do you say?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” I told him running out of the door.

WOW I WROTE THAT MUCH A LOT OF IT WAS CRAP ANYWAY BUT THERE YOU GO. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. XX

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys heres the next chapter and i have made my mind up about martha's answer which is in the next chapter as promised. dedicated to tiffy.

Jacks point of view.

"Martha, Martha wait.." I shouted hoping that she would stop. But she didn't. Why am I such an idiot? I shouldn't have rushed her. Why did I have to ask her to marry me?

"Jack, mate is everything alright?" Dad came in asking.

"I've stuffed up dad.." I sighed.

"What happened?"

"I asked Martha to marry me." I blurted out.

"What?!" Dad asked me shocked.

"I know. She said that she thought that we should break up and I just blurted the question out." I told him. "I got to get out of here and find her dad." I told him getting out the bed.

"No way, Jack." Dad ordered. "Your not going any where. Its too dangerous. Who knows what Brien trys next."

"But dad.." I tried.

"No!" Dad cut in. "Listen how about I go and talk to her?"

I sighed knowing that he wouldn't let me go. I nodded as he headed towards the door.

Mean while Martha was crying at the beach. She didn't know what to do.

"Martha." Tony called softly placing a hand on her shoulder.

Martha lifted her head up to see Tony. "I know."

"Tony what am I suppose to say? I love Jack more than any other man but with Brien on the streets I don't know."

"I know this is hard for you and you are the only one that can make this desicion about marrying Jack but I do have one bit of advice."

"What is it?"

"Don't break up with him."

Martha nodded. She thought about everything that she had been through and everything that Jack had helped her with and the fact that Jack loved her more than anything else in the world. She knew what she was going to say.

Martha headed towards Jack's room, knowing what she was going to say. As she was about to go in she heard Jack and Luc talking.

"What am I going to do Luc?" Jack asked.

"Jack don't worry. You and Martha both love eachother and I'm sure Martha isn't going to throw that love away."

"This is it." Martha thought to herself.

Jack looked up to see Martha standing at the door. "Martha."

Luc looked up knowing that this was a sign to leave. "Umm, I'll go grab a drink." He told them leaving the room.

"I'm sorry I ran out earlier." Martha appologised.

"Don't worry your here now." Jack smiled.

"I have an answer. Jack I thought about it and I'm sorry I can't marry you. Yet. But I still want to be with you."

There you go guys the answer has come out and I'm going to get killed by all the J/M fans!!

Sorry if the writing didn't make any sense but I'm falling asleep literally! I'm soooo tired! :)

please read and replY!

hey guys sorry i havn't updated for a while its because i've started my new fic that you all know about and everyone seems to want me to update that (paris,becky,emma,sian ect)

_____

"Jack, I'm sorry." Martha appologised.

"Don't appologise. Its not your fault. Its mine. I thought that if I asked you to marry me then you would know how much I love you and how much I want to spend whatever time I have left with you." Jack told her honestly.

"Jack. I know how much you love me. You don't need to propose to me." Martha laughed.

"Yeah go ahead laugh all you want." Jack laughed.

1 week later

Jack had been home a week now and all he had done in that week was lay in bed and rest. Residents of the bay had come to see him one by one. Colleen had even bought Madge Wilkins with her!

One morning Jack decided he was going to go out. He was sick of staying at home like a baby. He wanted to spend whatever time he had left to enjoy himself.

_______

As he walked through to the living room, he saw his dad,Luc,Martha and Beth staring at him horrified.

"What's wrong? You all look like you've seen a ghost." Jack asked confused.

"No. It's just...what are you doing out of bed? you're suppose to be resting." Tony told him.

"Dad, i'm fine. I've been in bed for a week now. I want to enjoy my life while I have the chance. Who knows how long I have left."

"Jack, come on mate your going to get better..." Tony began trying to persuade his son.

"Better?!" Jack laughed. "Dad there's a 5 percent chance here. A five precent chance that I'm going to make it. Do you really expect me to belive that I'm going to pull through the operation? Look I'm going out for a bit, I'll be back soon." He told them all heading towards the door.

"Hold on a sec, I'll come with you." Martha told him following him out to the door.

_____

On the beach.

"Jack you have to think positive." Martha told him sitting down on the sand.

"I know, but how can I?" Jack asked. "I've been trying for so long and everyone thinks that Im being so strong about it but the truth is..."

"What is it?" Martha asked.

"The truth is I'm not strong at all. Sometimes I just want to scream or cry, but I can't. I keep strong for dad and Luc. Especially Luc."

Martha looked at him and she could see the hurt in his eyes. The pain he was going through, becuase she was going through the same thing. "Jack." Martha asked.

Jack looked up. "Remember when you asked me to marry you?"

Jack nodded. "Yeah."

"Did you mean it? Did you really want me to marry you?"

"Of course I did. I love you more than anything else in the world."

"Yes." Martha smiled.

"Yes?" Jack asked making sure he heard right. "Does that mean what I think it means?"

"Yes." Martha laughed. "I'll marry you."

____________________________-

Right I hope that made everyone happy knowing that they're both getitng married. I did it because one of Emma's posts made me think and plus I have something in mind for the next chapter!! :)

please read and reply! :) hope you all enjpyed it xx

thanks everyone who replied to it. :) Heres the next chapter...its short because I'm ill again! :( Just when I thought I was getting better I find out I'm not! Note to emma:(make sure you update NOW!!!)

_____

"Oh my god what changed your mind?" Jack asked as he and Martha walked down the beach hand in hand.

"When you were telling me how you felt. I felt like...I don't know. It just kind of felt right, I guess." Martha told him smiling.

"So who do you want to tell first?" Jack asked.

"How about we get everyone together at the surf club and then at least it saves us telling everyone one-by-one." Martha suggested.

Jack nodded.

"So whats going on?" Tony asked. Everyone was sitting in Noah's huddling around Jack and Martha.

"Yeah come on tell us." Urged Luc.

"Ok. Well." Jack started looking at Martha who nodded. "We're getting married."

"What?" Alf exclaimed.

"Are you nuts? You've only known each other a week and your getting married." Tonty shouted.

"Well we thought you'd be happy." Jack told them.

"I am." Luc told them.

"Glad, someone is." Martha muttered.

"You're both too young." Beth told them.

"I'm 24, and Martha's 19. I don't think thats too young."

"Listen you're not going to get married so you can put that idea away."

"You can't stop us." Martha yelled.

"Just watch me..." Alf shouted.

"Listen you can come to the wedding if you want, but it doesn't matter to us." Jack told them standing up.

VERY SHORT I KNOW. SORRY..XX

hey guys thanks for the replies! heres the next part.

______

"Jack what if they don't come to the wedding?" Martha asked as her and Jack walked hand in hand to the beach.

"Honestly I don't know. Its hard. Ever since I found out about my condition I told myself that before I left the world I wanted make sure that me,dad and Luc were ok. You know?"

Martha nodded. "Yeah. What are we going to do?" Martha asked showing the sadness in her voice.

"Get married." Jack answered.

"What?" Martha asked confused.

"I love you. You love me. We don't need anyone else to tell us that its too soon, or that we're too young. Why put ourselves down?"

Martha laughed. "Your right. This is crazy but your right."

"We need to set a date soon." Jack added.

"Yeah when do you think?"

"How about tomorrow?" Jack asked.

"Tomorrow?!" Martha exclaimed.

"Yeah well I was going to say today but at least if its tomorrow then our famillies have time to think if they want to come or not.

Martha nodded. "I guess so."

An hour later.

Jack and Martha had decided that they weren't going to have their wedding in a church, due to the lack of notice and time. So instead they were going to have it in a registery office.

They were on their way to Noah's hoping that their famillie's were going to be there.

As they walked in everyone was sitting in the same place as they left them.

"We have something to tell you." Martha started.

"The wedding. Its tomorrow." Jack finished.

"What?" Alf exclaimed. "You don't understand do you? You are not getting married at all Martha."

"Listen we just came to tell you. We didn't come here for any more arguments. Heres the invitation. You can come if you want. But we'll understand if you don't.

HOPE you all enjoyed!! xx

hey guys thanks for the comments!

The wedding.

"Jack I don't think they're coming." Martha told him sadly. Martha was wearing a long white dress with her hair up in a bun. Jack was wearing a 3-piece suit with a red tie.

"Yeah I guess your right. You can start." Jack told the lady.

"Right. I am here..." She bagan.

"Wait." Tony stopped her. Behind him was Luc, Alf, Ric, Beth, Sally, Pippa and Cassie.

"Dad!" Jack sighed in relief.

"Jack I'm sorry. I was totally out of order." Tony appologised.

"Its ok. I'm glad your here."

"Love I'm sorry." Alf appologised.

"Its ok."

"Right shall we get the ceremony started?" asked the lady.

"Yeah."

_______

"Jack."

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you."

"Martha."

"I give you this ring in God's name, as a symbol of all that we have promised and all that we shall share."

"Now for the vows. Jack."

"I, Jack, take you, Martha, to be my friend, my lover, the Mother of my children and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity."

"Martha."

"I, Martha, take you, Jack, to be my partner, loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the man you will become, and falling in love a little more every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us."

"I know pronounce you both husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

As Jack and Martha had their first kiss as husband and wife Jack felt his stomach going numb.

"Aaaargh." Jack shouted pulling away.

"Jack?" Martha panicked.

"Call an ambulance." Someone shouted.

Hope you all enjoyed it...well before Jack's pain in the stomach!!! please reply...x

thanks everyone. Heres the next part. enjoy.

In the hospital

"Rach, how is he?" Martha asked as Rachel came out of Jack's room.

"He's resting at the moment but he'll be fine." Rachel smiled.

"Do you know what caused it?" Tony asked.

"Well, I would say becuase of his condition. He has to rest. Especially with this Brien physco on the loose. Jack was lucky he survived that. Also his wound had started to come open agian so we had to put more stiches in." She explained.

"Can we see him?" Martha asked.

"Yeah sure. Just don't make too much noise." She told them as she led them into his room.

"Jack." Martha whispered. Tony had now gone to get a coffee and it was now only Jack and Martha in the room. Jack was laying there still. "Jack please wake up." She begged.

Slowly Jack's arm started to move. "Ma..Martha." He stuttered.

"Jack its ok I'm here." She told him delighted.

"I didn't think I would make it." He told his wife truthfully.

"Me neither. I was so scared. I didn't think you would make it."

It had been an hour since Jack had been awake and Tony had left them to it.

"Martha we need to talk."

"What about?"

"When I die."

"No. Please not today." martha pleaded.

"Please Martha. Let me say it. When I die, I want you...I want you to be happy."

"I don't understand." Martha told him confused.

"I mean, I want you to get on with your life. Go out with poeple, I don't get married have children."

"Jack." Martha cried.

"Come here." He whispered as he pulled her in to a hug.

________

Sorry if that was crap.

Next chapter: How is married life going for the newly weds?

please reply. x

thanks guys...heres the next chapter...btw, martha is now 4 months pregnant.

_____

4 months later...

"Jack." Rachel called. Jack stood up and followed Rachel into her office. When they were in the office Rachel could see that Jack was looking a little worried. "Is every thing alright?"

"I don't know. I was told I had a couple of months to live at the most and its now been four months. Some how it doesn't feel right."

"Ok. Well...How about I take a test and we can see whats going on." Rachel suggested. "How have you been feeling by the way?"

"Different. I don't feel the same any more. I'm not being sick or feeling faint like I used to."

"Well the tests will show us whats happening."

________

As Jack entered Noah's bar he saw Martha serving. She was laughing with one of the customers. He loved it when she smiled and laughed. Thats how he wanted her to be forever, even with out him. He wanted to turn around and walk out, but he knew he couldn't. Martha was his wife after all.

As he approached her she surned and saw him. She hurried to him and saw a frown on his face.

"Whats wrong?" Martha asked.

Jack snapped out of thoughts. "Nothing." He smiled.

"You sure?" Martha asked not convinced.

"Positive. How are you?" He asked changing the subject.

"I'm good. A little tired, but I'm ok. How about you? Where have you been all day? I thought you were coming earlier."

"I was but I had to go to work. Peter needed to know some info on a case." He lied.

"Right. Any way a beer?" She asked.

"Definatly and what ever you like."

"Mmm a beer." She grinned.

"A drink that you can have." He added. Just then Jack's phone rang. "Hello. Yeah, ok. Be right there. Bye."

"Where you going?" Martha asked.

"Umm...Peter, he wanted to know some more about the case. I'll see you in a bit." He said, giving her a kiss good bye."

"Bye" she muttered.

"Jack your here." Rchel smiled as she saw Jack come.

"Whats wrong? Is everything alright?"

"Come through." She told him leading him into her office.

"Whats going on Rach? Please I need to know how long I have left."

"A long time." She replied.

"What?" Jack asked confused.

"When we got the results back it said that when you fainted four months back they had to treat you. The treatment helped you. Thats the reason you've been feeling better." She explained.

"So that means..."

"Yes. It means your going to be fine." She laughed.

"Thank you." He smiled.

Well there you go, Jack survived. I was going to keep him alive through out the whole fic btw! I'm hoping to end this fic within the next 2-3 chapters! please read and reply. Hoped you enjoyed the chapter! xx

Last chapter.

As Jack walked into Noah’s for the second time that day he saw Martha who didn’t look pleased to see him.

“Hey.” He smiled giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“Don’t ‘hey’ me.” She said coldly.

“What’s wrong?” Jack asked.

“You weren’t at the station were you?” She asked.

“No...”Jack began.

“So where the f*** where you.”

“I was at the hospital.” Jack told her.

Martha’s face dropped. “The hospital?” She stammered.

“Don’t worry I have some good news.”

“What is it?”

“Rachel. She did a test to see why I wasn’t feeling like I usually did and she told me that my condition had cleared up.”

“Your kidding.”

“Nope. I’m growing old with you Mrs Holden.>”

“Jack!” She smiled as she gave him a long passionate kiss which he gladly returned.

5 Months later.

Five months later Martha had given birth to a beautiful baby boy. Lucky for everyone in Summer Bay, the cops had found Brien and had arrested him for 4 years. Martha and Jack had decided to call the baby Jack Christopher Matthew Holden.

THE END!! hope you all enjoyed.

i really enjoyed writing that fic!! thank you to everyone who posted and a special thank you to MIz Sian for writing those chapters for me. much appreciated :) now that this fic is over i think i'll either carry on with the gettaway to love or take a little break.

xxx

Comments

Archived