Love at First Sight

Guest baby gurl

The sun was shining on Jacks face. It was 11-00 and Jack was still in bed. He was about to turn over when there was a light tap at the door. "Come in" Jack groaned still in his sleep.

Through came Martha who when saw Jack started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Jack asked confused.

"Your still in bed!" Martha giggled. "It's 11-00!"

Jack sat up and looked at her. "Some people had work and didn't get to sleep untill 2-45, you know" He said trying to defend himself.

"Yeah yeah, and the rest!" she laughed. "Any way I just came over to thank you for last night. I really appreciate everything your doing for me."

"Your welcome." He smiled. "So you still want to keep this a secret from Alf?" Jack asked hoping that she'd changed her mind.

Martha nodded. "I can't tell him." She told him firmly. "Look you want to go to the beach?" Martha asked.

Jack knew he shouldn't and was about to make an excuse when he came out with "Yeah, ok, give me 10 minutes." He didn't know why he did that it just came out.

jacks point of view.

I knew I should have said no. Its just that she's so beautiful. I can't keep my eyes off of her. I know i should keep away from her but I can't. I think i'm in love with her. God please, why do you do this to me? Why do make me fall in love with someone when you know what's happening to me? You know I won't be here long. I can't break her heart. I need to tell her. Then maybe she'll understand why I'm going to have to tell her that I can't see her any more. Its for the best. Maybe if we don't get too attached then its better for everyone. Especially her. Maybe I should move away from the bay, from her. Then when I do go it would be less painful. Not that much less but at least it would be a little. 10 minutes later she walked through the door again smiling up at me. God, that smile. It makes my heart melt. Thats it when we're on the beach i'm going to have to tell her. One way or another, now's the time she's going to find out.___________________________________________________________________________

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey hey here's the next bit....

At the beach

Jacks point of view.

Right here it goes i have to tell her. If i don't now then God knows what will happen next.

As i begin to speak Martha interrupts me by saying, "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" I ask not looking forward to the next thing that she she was about to say.

"I don't know how I'm going to say this. I havn't said this to anyone other than Brian beforeso I have to tell you that I'm not very good at saying this sort of stuff."

"What d'you mean?" I ask, although knowing very well what she wanted to say.

"I think I'm in love with you. I know it's only been a day that we've known each other but I feel like I've known you the rest of my life."

I stood there thinking of what to say. If only she hadn't of said that. It would of been easier for the both of us.

"Say something. Please." I stood there in silence thinking of how I was going to tell her.

Martha's point of view.

I can't believe I just told him how I feel. I feel so stupid. If only I waited a couple of days then maybe he would have come out with it first.

"I'm sorry. I feel so stupid. I mean I have only known you for a day and already I'm telling you that I'm in love with you. Can you please just forget that I said that? Lets jst put this behind us" I rambled on.

"No it's not you, its me." he told me. Its the excuse that all guys use.

"Look if you don't feel the same way then please tell me. I mean why would you. Look at me I'm hardly Jessica Simpson am I?"

"You may not be Jessica Simpson but to me your the most beautiful girl that I've ever laid eyes on but..." he began.

"But, you don't like me in that way?" i cut him off.

"No! Would you please just listen to me?" He shouted a little. "Look I'm sorry. Theres something really important I need to tell you." he began.

"What is it?" I asked looking at him.

"I'm not going to be here for long." he tried.

"I don't understand." I told him.

"Look I'm dying." he told me.

thats it for now... I'll try and write more 2nite but i cant promise...

Preview:

"I think I'm in love with you" Martha told him.......

................"I'm dying" Jack told her.

Hey guys I was bord so I thought I'd write the next chapter:

"What?" Martha asked hoping that she'd heard wrong.

"I'm dying." He told her.

"When? How? Why?" Martha asked tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Does it matter?" He asked not wanting to go into details.

"Of course it matters!" She yelled. "I tell you that I love you and just when I thought that you felt the same way I get a I'm dying."

"I'm sorry. It didn't mean to come out like that. Its just that I thought that you needed to know why I was acting so quite when you told me that you love me."

"Jack, please tell me that you heard wrong. Tell me that the doctors got it wrong." She pleaded.

"I didn't hear wrong and the doctors didn't get it wrong either." He told her softly.

"Please, tell me how." she asked.

Jack sighed. "Ok. Two months ago I had a liver transplant. My doctors told me that if I don't take my medication at the right time then my body won't accept the liver donation and I'll die. I had been taking it a couple of days but stopped because there was a car crash which involved my mum. She died. I couldn't think that I could go on without her."

"I'm so sorry." She told him quietly.

"Anyway i found out 3 weeks later that my body was rejecting the liver. My doctor told me that coming to summer bay to get treatment done would be better than the one there."

"Treatment?" Martha asked.

"Yeah. But the chance of it actually working is very small. Its about 5%."

Martha looked out to sea tears rolling down.

"Come here, " Jack told her trying to comfort her.

"Get off me!" Martha shouted. "Im sorry. I just need to be alone for a while. I'll call you later." She appologised.

"Martha I really don't want to leave you here on your own..."

"I'll be fine. Honest." She cut him off.

Sorry its short but there will be more in a couple of days.

hey guys heres the next chapter.....

Martha had been sitting in the same spot where Jack had told her for a couple of hours now. She just couldn't get her head around the fact that Jack was dying and wouldn't be here for long. The thought of Jack leaving her made her burst into tears again.

Martha's point of view.

How could this be happening? Why is this happening to me? After Brien I thought that you would at least give me some happiness. I cried out to God.

I must have been thinking about it so much that I didn't realise Tony sitting next to me.

"He, told you?" Tony asked softly.

I couldn't speak insted I nodded. "I can't believe this is happening." I said softly.

"I know, but just think about how Jack's taking it. I mean we think its hard for us, but we never think about how hard it is for him. He's loosing his family, his friends, his job, his whole life." Tony explained.

"Your right." I said. "I'm being selfish. I think that I'm the only one thats loosing him, when I never even thought about you, or Luc. Even Jack for that matter."

Tony shook his head. "No, Martha your not being Selfish. I don't want you to think that for a second. I think that its only natural to think like that."

"Its' just I know its only been a day but I already think that I'm falling in love with him. You probably think I'm stupid."

Tony shook his again. "No, I don't. It was exactly how I fell in love with Jacks mother Kate. I met her on the beach one day. She was crying. I comforted her and thats when I kind of started to fall in love with her."

"Wow, I never knew that it was so natural." I told him.

"Well, I guess thats why they call it love at first sight" he exclaimed.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said. "Tony, how long?"

Tony looked at me. "A couple of months, the most," he replied sadly.

I nodded.

"Look, how about you come over for dinner tonight? Then you could spend some time with Jack."

"No. I think that you and Luc need to spend time with him."

"No, Martha. Me and Luc would really love it if you could come. So would Jack."

At the mention of Jack's name, I nodded. "Good," he said. "Come round at 6." With that he walked off.

-What happens at dinner?

-Martha and Jack finally talk.

-Do they get together?

hey guys i'm bord so i thought u cud all have an update...

At the Holden house.

Martha's point of view....

I'm waiting outside Jack's house shaking. I honestly don't know how I'm going to go through a whole night knowing that it could be the last time we're together. I know Tony told me a couple of months but I just get that feeling in my head that it's going to happen soon. I must have been deep into my thoughts when someone opened the door. It was Jack. I was so nervous. I don't know why, I guess that it was just the fact that Tony and Luc knew about mine and Jack's conversation earlier on.

"Hey." He said. "Come in."

"Umm..hi." I said. I walked into the living room only to smell something delicious from the kitchen. I couldn't see Luc or Tony anywhere.

"Luc and dad have gone to get a bottle of wine." he told me as if he knew what I was thinking. "They should be back in ten minutes.

I nodded. "Well,take a seat. Don't act like a stranger. I'll be back in a minute." he told me.

"Jack...wait." I told him. He turned around. "We need to talk about earlier."

"What about it?" he asked confused.

"Please. Just sit down, so that we can talk about earlier." I pleaded.

He hesitsted but came and sat down next to me.

Sorry its soo short but next time Jack and Martha actually talk properly.... :)

hey guys here's more.... :)

"What do you want to talk about?" Jack asked.

"You know what I want to talk about, so why are you avoiding the conversation?" Martha asked.

"I'm not." Jack told her trying to defend himself.

"Yes you are. What are so scared of?"

"I'm not scared of anything!" he shouted.

"You know what maybe I should go." she told him heading towards the door. "Tell your dad I said thanks for the invite."

"Wait." Jack said standing up. Martha turned around. "Your right I am scared." he admitted.

"Of what?" Martha asked softly.

"Everything. The operations, the fact that I'm never going to see my friends and family again. Dying." he admitted.

"I'm sorry. I should have been more understanding. I'm sure it can't be easy for you. I just want you to know that if you ever need to talk then I'm here for you." She told him softly.

"Thanks." He told her gratefully.

Martha's point of view.

"Dinner was lovely." I told Tony whilst standing up with my plate.

"Glad you enjoyed it but I can't take the credit. Jack made it."

I looked at Jack.

"Suprised?" Jack asked me smirking.

"No." I told him. "I just thought that your dad made it due to the fact that he invited me round."

"Any way leave the dishes in the kitchen and we'll sort it out later." Tony told me changing the subject.

"No, its fine. You guys went through all that trouble the least I could do is clean up" I say.

"Yeah go on dad. You always say to me to do whatever makes a girl happy and Martha's quite happy to do the dishes." Jack smirks.

I laugh. He's so funny.

"Jack!" Tony says appauled at what his son has just said.

"No honestly Tony its fine. I don't mind." I tell him.

Tony sighed. "Ok." he said. Then he turned to Jack. "You can help."

"Dad!" Jack whined.

"Don't try that with me." Tony told him. "Come on Luc, how about we go to the diner and grab some afters?"

"Sure." Luc says getting off the couch.

Its just me and Jack left in the kitchen. Jack's looking at me with a big smirk on his face. I can't help but laugh.

"You better watch out Martha McKenzie." He tells me. I turn around when suddenly I'm soaked in water. My hair's dripping on to my soaked dress. I turned around to see Jack laughing at me.

Next time....

>there's alot of tidying up to do at the Holdens house.

>Jack and Martha share a kiss.

>Do they finally admit to each other on how they're feeling?

All shall be revealed... :)

sian this is 4 u.....

"Oh my gosh you did not just do that!" Martha said half screaming half laughing.

"I did tell you to watch out." Jack smirked at her.

"Look at me. I'm soaked!" Martha whined.

"Aaawww, i'm sorry." Jack appologised sarcasticly.

"You will be." Martha mumbled.

Jack went into the the dining room to get the rest of the dishes only to find when he came out Martha wasn't there. "Martha." he called.

Martha had thrown a whole jug of ice cold water onto him. When Jack turned round, he saw a smiling Martha.

"You know two can play at this game." She smirked.

"You know Martha your right. Two can play at this game." Jack replied holding a plate of left over spaghetti.

"No, Jack, please..." Martha begged. It was too late. Not only was Martha soaked from head to toe but she also smelled of spaghetti bolognase. "Thats it Jack Holden, you better say your prayers." Martha told him holding a bottle of red wine in one hand and a jug of juice in the other.

"You dare Marth.." But Jack couldn't even finish off his sentence becuase not only was his white tee shirt covered in red wine but he also smelled of orange juice.

The food fight continued for another half an hour untill both Jack and Martha were ccovered in food. Not only were they covered but so was the whole living room, Kitchen, dining-room and Jack's bedroom.

"Come on we better clean up." Jack suggested holding his hand out for Martha to take.

"Yeah, I don't think I'd like to be here when Your dad walks in to find the place like this."

After an hour of tidying the place, Jack and Martha were exhausted. By this time Jack was changed and Martha was wearing one of his tee shirts and his robe.

They both had the same expressions on their face.

"Its not what you both think" Jack and Martha both said in unison.

"Yeah, whatever!" Luc said going towards his bedroom.

"Good job. Although I don't remember the room being this clean before we went."

When Tony was gone. Both Martha and Jack creased up laughing....

______________________________________________________________-----

Hoped u all liked it especially u sian...lol

the kiss will be definatly next chapter...

right every1 the next chapter is for sian... :)

:D :D

Ohh I think Ashbee' nose is out of joint there :P

oh sorry ashbee'

:)

hey every 1 heres what every1 wanted 2 happen...

i have dedicated this post especially 4 ashbee'

"Oh my god, look at me. I have on a t-shirt thats way too big for me and a robe that could fit two people in it!" Martha whined.

"It doesn't look that bad." Jack told her.

"Yeah well your not the one that has to walk home in it are you?" Martha asked.

"Guess not."

"Anyway I better get going. Thanks for tonight it was fun." Martha smiled walking towards the door.

"No problem. Hold on a second I'll walk you home." Jack offered.

"No don't worry about it I'll be fine."

"Yeah I know but I don't think its safe after last time." Jack told her.

"Brien won't come." She told him trying to persuade him aswell as herself.

"Yeah he won't if I'm with you. Now come on." Jacl told her.

On the way home.

Martha stopped to look out at the sea. "You know I would sit here sometimes just to think." she told him. "This is like my spot. Somewhere I would come to remember people. Like my mother and my adopted parents. And my Father. You know if he had actually wanted me." She told him.

"Maybe you're better off without him." Jack suggested.

"Yeah, maybe."

They both stood there in silence for a while until Martha broke it by saying, "Thank you for last night. I know I've said it before but I really appreciate it." She turned around to look at him. Jack smiled at her weakly.

"You know as long as I'm here I'll look after you." He promised.

He gently moved her in for a hug. "I love you" he whispered.

Martha smiled. "I love you to." Martha looked up at him and gently kissed him on his lips. Jack who had returned the kiss had done it more passionatly. Soon after they were outside Jack's place leaning up against the wall kissing like their lives depended. Neither of them were thinking about how much time Jack had left. They could think about that sooner the time. But how much time does Jack actually have?

Please reveiw and reply. Hope you all enjoyed it especially you ashbee'...lol.:)

This is dedicated to jackandmartha4ever....

It was 7-30 when Jack woke up. He turned to his side just to find that Martha wasn't there. He slowly got out of bed and saw that his phone was flashing. He went over to his phone and saw that there was a message from Martha. Jack read the message out loud

Where are you? Need to talk. Its urgent. Martha. xx

As soon as Jack read the message he called Martha.

"Jack." Martha cried.

"Martha what's wrong?" Jack asked.

"I need to talk to you." Martha cried.

"Where are you? I'm coming."

"At home." She cried.

"Marth.." Jack began but Martha had cut the phone off.

-whats wrong with martha? ---you'll find out next chapter.

-What does Jack promise Martha?

Sorry its short but ther'll be more later on definatly.....

hey guys i'll write more now coz i dont know when i'll have time next....:P

dedicated to gorgeous_tiff.....

At Martha's house

Martha's point of view

Where's Jack? I hope he gets here soon. No. I'm being selfish. This isn't Jack's problem. Its mine. Its not fair on him. He shouldn't have to worry about this.

All of a sudden I hear Jack shouting my name from the other side of the door. I go up and answer it.

"Martha." He whispers.

I can't help but fall into his arms.

"ssshhh" he sooths me leading me over to the couch.

I'd been crying for about 15 minutes now.

"What's wrong?" Jack asks me concerned.

This is it I have to tell him. "I, I'm..." I stutter. Dam it. I just have to tell him. "I'm Pregnant." I say.

Jack point of view.

I think I must have heard wrong. I thought I just heard Martha say she's pregnant. We uses protection. So it couldn't possibly be mine. But who elses could it be? Wait. No. It can't be his. Brien.

"Jack, please say something." I hear Martha say.

"It's his." I say.

She doesn't say anything but nodds instead.

"What am I going to do?" she asks.

"You mean What are we going to do. I told you before whatever happens I'm gping to be there for you. And i'm not going to break that promise." I tell her.______________________________________

hope u enjoyed it.

Archived